• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2015

BooJoh

Same here. I love Mudds conceptually but I just don't enjoy playing it very much.

Same here. My wife was able to complete it but I had a really hard time with it for some reason. The jumping never clicked for me and I always found the disappearing platforms difficult to time.

I had the same problems. I think the design works as a slow methodical platformer that rewards patience, but then they throw all of that out the window by giving such a strict time limit.

Ironically, even though I hated the iOS version because of the controls, it has the timer counting up instead of down and that as an option would make me go back and finish the 3DS version and possibly even pick up Super Challenge. Up-counting timers for leaderboard bragging would be great, but I hate arbitrary time limits in games unless it's a fundamental part of the experience.

jholmes

Just got Warioware DIY, now much am I missing out on since WiFi Connection is dead? It was only $7 and I love WarioWare so I'm okay with buying a piece of a game, curious though

Mostly just downloadable content although now you can't share stuff online. You can share stuff with friends though. This is as far as I'm concerned one of the all-time underrated greats so find someone who has the online stuff downloaded and get trading!

Being unable to download other people's games means you'll have more room for your own (running out of room was my major problem with the game...)

This is true but you can still get the DIY Showcase for Wii, which has shareable games and lets you play your DIY microgames on the big screen.

zroid

Banned
I had the same problems. I think the design works as a slow methodical platformer that rewards patience, but then they throw all of that out the window by giving such a strict time limit.

Ironically, even though I hated the iOS version because of the controls, it has the timer counting up instead of down and that as an option would make me go back and finish the 3DS version and possibly even pick up Super Challenge. Up-counting timers for leaderboard bragging would be great, but I hate arbitrary time limits in games unless it's a fundamental part of the experience.

That's interesting, I always found the time limit ridiculously lenient. To the point where it was a non-factor most of the time. In fact the only stage where I remember it being a concern was the final stage.

Tizoc

Can't wait to get home and have Gunman Clive 2 downloading tonight oh yeah~
Ugh.

NOcpzPK.jpg

1987 > 1984 > Let's just pretend the rest never happened :þ

Uh most of those TMNT series are good, 2003 was based on 1984 OG series so if you liked the OG 84 series you should like the 2003 series.
The 2012 series is inspired by the light hearted approach of the 87 series, and is overall a good show IMO.

SerTapTap

Mostly just downloadable content although now you can't share stuff online. You can share stuff with friends though. This is as far as I'm concerned one of the all-time underrated greats so find someone who has the online stuff downloaded and get trading!

Not sure I'll be able to unfortunately. They never managed to set up some sort of replacement wifi connection, did they? Even "ad hoc over internet" would help, I don't know many DS owners locally who are likely to have this.

Creating games myself has been kinda fun though. I've been making all the Wario Ware art job things into Tap-Taps or other Yoshi's Island stuff

SerTapTap

Oh, alright. I could never remember if it's friday or thursday, just that it's late in the week. I usually just wait for a twitter post saying "x is on the eshop now".

Robin64

Not that it matters, because there's no difference like with SNES and NES games, but Circle of the Moon in Europe is the EU version.

What this means is that to us it's just "Castlevania". Ain't no circles and moons here, guys. I found that really odd at the time and still do now.

So does STEAM have usage limited given it is a normal demo download (
and requires NNID
) rather than a demo via download code?

If it is like FE Awakening 10 uses is going to be a bit much. Especially for a game that isn't out for another 4 months.

Just got Warioware DIY, now much am I missing out on since WiFi Connection is dead? It was only $7 and I love WarioWare so I'm okay with buying a piece of a game, curious though
You can still grab user generated content but it is rather convoluted in that you have to buy DIY showcase, use a computer based save editor to insert data then transfer to DIY via showcase. I personally didn't like what I felt was content cut to be put into Showcase (both games have less levels than typical Wario ware game).

The save cart was massive but even that wasn't enough (for example I couldn't even get all of the official DLC onto my cart).

Also the comics are underrated.

SerTapTap

Okay does anyone know WTF is up with the ORAS special demo? For almost a week Stephen has told me to come back tomorrow so I can can transfer goods to the full game. Why is there even a timer, there's no reason for me to be playing this demo since I've got the game. Super frustrating. I even played an "adventure" to see if it meant in-game days or something, no dice.

You can still grab user generated content but it is rather convoluted in that you have to buy DIY showcase, use a computer based save editor to insert data then transfer to DIY via showcase. I personally didn't like what I felt was content cut to be put into Showcase (both games have less levels than typical Wario ware game).

The save cart was massive but even that wasn't enough (for example I couldn't even get all of the official DLC onto my cart).

Also the comics are underrated.

Ah, that does sound a bit fussy. I think I'm good with what I've got for now.

Not that it matters, because there's no difference like with SNES and NES games, but Circle of the Moon in Europe is the EU version.

What this means is that to us it's just "Castlevania". Ain't no circles and moons here, guys. I found that really odd at the time and still do now.

Regional naming is super puzzling sometimes

gerudoman

So does STEAM have usage limited given it is a normal demo download (
and requires NNID
) rather than a demo via download code?

If it is like FE Awakening 10 uses is going to be a bit much. Especially for a game that isn't out for another 4 months.
30 uses limit. Would have been nice to have unlimited usage but 30 are still a lot, so I'm ok with that.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm assuming the PR is late because NoA found out about the Smash WiiU update the same time we did, and their PR team is now rushing to figure out what is actually included in the update and add that information to weekly press release.

RiggyRob

Just a PSA, since it might crop up - if you're trying to make room for Metroid Prime Trilogy and you're thinking of deleting Wii Fit U (the full version you unlocked with the Wii Fit meter), don't - it appears that the Wii Fit U unlocked version is an extension of the Trial version, which has since been removed and can't be redownloaded, which would mean you'd have to pay £30 for the full version from the eShop to get it again.

It's annoying since Wii Fit U takes up 4.7GB, which is a sizeable amount for anyone not using an external hard drive like myself.

Experien

Just a PSA, since it might crop up - if you're trying to make room for Metroid Prime Trilogy and you're thinking of deleting Wii Fit U (the full version you unlocked with the Wii Fit meter), don't - it appears that the Wii Fit U unlocked version is an extension of the Trial version, which has since been removed and can't be redownloaded, which would mean you'd have to pay £30 for the full version from the eShop to get it again.

It's annoying since Wii Fit U takes up 4.7GB, which is a sizeable amount for anyone not using an external hard drive like myself.

Yeah, that is my biggest problem (not with Wii Fit U). Mario Kart and Hobbit are taking up SO much room. Been trying to hold off getting an external for while now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Next Week's japan releases
Wii U
Adventures of Valkyrie (Famicom)(Bandai Namco) - 514 yen
Sutte Hakkun (Super Famicom) (Nintendo) - 823 yen
Punch-Out

3DS
Wreck-it Ralph 3D (Disney) - 3240 yen
Lost Heroes 2 (Bandai Namco) -6145 yen

Also these themes came out today
Cooking Mama Friends
My Melody Flower Party
Tales of Phantasia: Main Characters

Tales of Phantasia: Battle
Tales of Phantasia: Chibi cast
Aikatsu
Tales of Phantasia themes? Is the game going to see another release on the 3DS? Seems like an odd choice.

RiggyRob

Yeah, that is my biggest problem (not with Wii Fit U). Mario Kart and Hobbit are taking up SO much room. Been trying to hold off getting an external for while now.

It's fine when you can delete some games and redownload them later, but Wii Fit U seems to be a special case because the unlocked Trial version has been delisted.

Usually you can redownload even a delisted game because it'll appear in your account list, but for Wii Fit U only the locked Trial version appears, which means you wouldn't get the full version again when you try to redownload it.

jholmes

Not sure I'll be able to unfortunately. They never managed to set up some sort of replacement wifi connection, did they? Even "ad hoc over internet" would help, I don't know many DS owners locally who are likely to have this.

I don't know of any ad hoc Internet but if you ever find a method I'd be happy to pass what I have along.

You can still grab user generated content but it is rather convoluted in that you have to buy DIY showcase, use a computer based save editor to insert data then transfer to DIY via showcase.

I forgot all about this. I never did this myself but members of the community diligently backed up most everything ever made, including everything I ever did. Seems like a real hassle though.

And yes, the comics were underrated!

foltzie1

It's fine when you can delete some games and redownload them later, but Wii Fit U seems to be a special case because the Trial version has been delisted.

Usually you can redownload even a delisted game because it'll appear in your account list, but for Wii Fit U only the Trial version appears, which means you wouldn't get the full version again when you try to redownload it.

Has anyone contacted Nintendo to ask about this issue? It seems like they may have intended to convert our download records to the full game and didnt.

It seems weird that this isnt done correctly.

terrisus

Hey, just a heads-up that we're going to be getting a new poster in this thread, that I directed here for some more interesting discussions than can be had in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread - ekgrey!
He's a good person, and it's good to see more people in here =)

Just a word of warning though, he doesn't really care very much for Castlevania: Circle of the Moon :þ
<3

RiggyRob

Has anyone contacted Nintendo to ask about this issue? It seems like they may have intended to convert our download records to the full game and didnt.

It seems weird that this isnt done correctly.

There's a couple of posts on Nintendo Tech forums about it, the general advice seems to be contact Customer Service but I'm not sure what the outcome of it was.

The Throwback Deals are
Metroid- $3.49
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $9.99
Super Mario Kart - $5.99
Mario Kart 8 - $44.99
Mario Golf -$2.49
Mario Golf: World Tour - $22.49

Nairume

Banned
So was that thing about the demo being exclusive to those Gamestop trading cards was wrong.

Cool. Downloading the demo now.

jmizzal

I will be getting Metroid Prime Trilogy today, I brought it on Wii for 19.99 a few months after it came out and sold it for like 50 bucks late in the Wii's life and now get it for 9.99, lol what a great profit

Top Bottom