• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2016

Definitely something before E3.
And that's not counting the inevitable leaks.

I never played any of the Konami Rebirth games but I have played Castlevania, Contra, and Gradius games before. I would only be really interested in them if I found out that they're not terribly hard...
Definitely give them a try then. Castlevania is specially good but they're all nice and not terribly hard at all. Or at least they're much easier than their original counterparts and even have difficulty settings.

So I can confirm that KORG DSN-12 is the shit and well worth the money. I've already created some "phat loops" and "sick beats" that will make you want to "get down". I would definitely recommend M01D to any casual/first time users though, it's much easier to get into than the former.
I loved getting my inner Jonny Greenwood out with the DS versions of these games. I liked the "analog" synthesizer better but the sample based one was cool too. Early Pink Floyd's got nothing on me!

Am I imaging there being some kind of GAF thread summing up everything we know so far? I recall something about development kit impressions.
Yeah, but that thread is less actual discussion about actual things that are real and more mental masturbation by people who don't know anything about what they're talking about... and then they'll be angry at Nintendo because the NX is obviously not the exact single same impossible thing they dreamed about.

TheMoon

Am I imaging there being some kind of GAF thread summing up everything we know so far? I recall something about development kit impressions.

I can do that right here.

NX is a "platform" and not a single system.
NX is not a simple hybrid device.
NX is something wholly different again.
NX dev kits are out there with select third parties.
NX will be revealed this year.

That is what we know. All the other stuff is just speculation and rumors.

Yet, somehow, there's pages and pages spanning multiple threads of people mostly getting those facts wrong over and over again...

maxcriden

Some NX Nindies speculation?

I think Trine 3 is a given.

The next Steamworld game, for sure. I guess Renegade Kid might strike while the iron is hot before the market gets crowded (given their frustration with that). I'd expect the next game from the ASA team to hit as well, that game seems to have done very well on Wii U.

TheMoon

The next Steamworld game, for sure. I guess Renegade Kid might strike while the iron is hot before the market gets crowded (given their frustration with that). I'd expect the next game from the ASA team to hit as well, that game seems to have done very well on Wii U.

Shin'en, YachtClub, TwoTribes, Curve, Nicalis (sigh), WayForward are sure to be on board right away as well.

Phoenixus

Ah okay, ta for the summary. I like me a good juicy rumour but it's nice to see cold hard facts once in a while. :)

maxcriden

Shin'en, YachtClub, TwoTribes, Curve, Nicalis (sigh), WayForward are sure to be on board right away as well.

Oh, all those for sure. I thought TT was kinda defunct-ish, though? What exactly happened there?

Oh, I bet Microsoft is on board for NX. 😂

maxcriden

Did you forget they're making Rive right now which is coming out soon? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWFJ1pOKCdU
(it was part of the Nindies @ Home thing!)

They closed Two Tribes B.V. and reformed as simply Two Tribes after TT2.

I remember Rive. Just wasn't sure what happened with the whole restructuring thing but that does ring a bell, thanks man. I won't be playing Rive, though.TT is on my no-go list for that Toki Tori ending. Still find that just gross. Gotta stick to my beliefs!

Back on topic, I'm hoping we will see more Japanese indies on NX. If NX exploded in popularity I'm thinking it could help foment an indie revolution in the east as we saw with Steam and 360 a few years ago here in the West.

Ladekabel

Talking Nindies: Didn't Team Meat say a few years ago, that they'll develop a game for WiiU? What happened to that?

If I'm reading the Bing translation and looking at the image correctly, then Rideon is bringing Adventure Bar Labyrinth to 3DS this year in Japan!

CX17IaLUsAA0mhr.jpg

https://twitter.com/KenichiSonoda/status/683838103694385152

This was actually on PlayStation Mobile on Vita but it got delisted of course when the service closed back in September. So yeah, now you can get it on 3DS! On Vita it was F2P, but no clue if it retains that on 3DS. I think it originated as a mobile game as most of Rideon's games do.

@MUWANdo

Banned
When Super Meat Boy was published on PS4, they made a blog post that ended with "Wii haven't forgotten about U".
http://supermeatboy.com/

The deal with Super Meat Boy for Wii U is Team Meat emailed NOA asking for a $40k advance on royalties to cover the cost of the port, never got a reply and gave up. Whether or not they ever made a sincere attempt to bring the game to Wii U is for you to judge.

That was the case several months ago; perhaps things have changed since then.

TheMoon

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €19.99
New Super Mario Bros. Wii combines classic platform gaming and the power of Wii to create a brand new experience that’s fun to play alone or with friends and family. Lead Mario through worlds of adventure using the Wii Remote, and opt to save Princess Peach all by yourself or with a little help from your friends. New Super Mario Bros. Wii enables up to four players to get in on the action at the same time – creating chaos as you either work as a team or attempt to get ahead by being the first to hitch a ride on Yoshi, grab precious Power-Ups and generally look out for number one!

PictoParty (Retroid Interactive) - €7.99
Gather around for a fun evening with PictoParty! Challenge your friends or family in a game of draw and guess. Take turns and draw the words you see on the GamePad touch screen – the image is simultaneously being plotted live on the TV-screen – for everyone to guess. Choose from existing dictionaries, packed with more than 700 words, or get creative and make your own lists. The possibilities are never-ending!

pulled last-minute due to bug. rescheduled for late-January release! https://twitter.com/retroidofficial/status/684125179111452676

Temple of Yog (CHUDCHUD Ind.) - €5.99
A mysterious temple and a developing village have an ancient pact: a life for progress. Tributes are offered, but none survive: sacrifice guaranteed. TEMPLE OF YOG is a roguelike adventure through procedurally generated dungeons that span two screens. Brave the dangerous depths of the Temple for the sake of progress. Discover the costs in this exclusive title for Wii U.

Drill Dozer (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99
When a gang of fiendish thieves steals your precious red diamond, it’s up to you and your powerful mining machine Drill Dozer to lead a destruction-filled quest to retrieve it. From Game Freak, creators of Pokémon, comes a colourful platformer in which you can plough through anything in your path using your Drill Dozer. Upgrade its gears and drill-tips to bore deeper and longer, and use it to solve puzzles, uncover treasures and defeat bosses. Previously unreleased outside of Japan and the US, Drill Dozer is now yours to uncover!

Special offers
Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios) - €1.29 (Ends January 21, normally €2.69)
Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios) - €3.19 (Ends January 21, normally €6.49)
Toto Temple Deluxe (Juicy Beast Studio) - €5.29 (Ends January 20, normally €8.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

The Legend of Legacy Demo (NIS America) - Free
A mysterious island emerges, prompting adventurers to head towards it in hopes of obtaining glory, treasure, and more. But what does it truly hold? Join the 7 characters in The Legend of Legacy and unravel the mystery of Avalon’s past.

RV-7 My Drone (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99
At some point, on the news or in documentaries, we've all seen the different applications that these devices have, from humanitarian to military. Would you like to be part of that trend? Do you want to conduct rescue missions, run supplies, put out fires, build bridges, defend power plants, protect food convoys? Or would you like to take action, challenging an entire army of air/ground drones? The RV-7 is one of the most powerful and technologically advanced military-grade drones. The government green-lighted this project for global security. Do you want to control it? It's not easy to pilot, but it is very fun and exciting. You will have to solve all types of puzzles using the instant teleportation system.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (Nintendo, theme available January 8) - €1.99
A theme featuring the snowpeople, who only appear in winter. Scroll the Touch Screen to see Isabelle and pals rolling snowballs.

Special offers
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99 (Ends January 14, normally €7.99)
Quell Momento (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 28, normally €3.99)
Tappingo 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends January 28, normally €2.99)

scamander

Banned
The deal with Super Meat Boy for Wii U is Team Meat emailed NOA asking for a $40k advance on royalties to cover the cost of the port, never got a reply and gave up. Whether or not they ever made a sincere attempt to bring the game to Wii U is for you to judge.

Didn't they also say publicly a few years ago they would port the game to Wii U, if Nintendo is including their character in the Smash 4 roster? No wonder NoA ignored all their "attempts", lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, NSMB Wii AND Drill Dozer? & this is the first time EU gets the game as well?

Hopefully keeps the rumble feature, but man, neat that you guys are getting it. It's always trying out Game Freak games that isn't just another Pokemon game & lets them experiment.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wow, NSMB Wii AND Drill Dozer? & this is the first time EU gets the game as well?

Hopefully keeps the rumble feature, but man, neat that you guys are getting it. It's always trying out Game Freak games that isn't just another Pokemon game & lets them experiment.

The Japanese version has the rumble feature, so I suspect the other versions will too.

dno_1966

Just got WaveRace and it still looks and plays great, not in the least bit dark, to my pleasant surprise?? Same with 1080, which I always thought was pretty dark to begin with.

Surely F-Zero 64 is next, right??

maxcriden

That was the case several months ago; perhaps things have changed since then.

Wut. Is that a thing Nintendo ever does? 😵

Just bit on Etrian Odyssey 4! It and I think Etrian Mystery Dungeon end their sale in 5 and a half hours (EOIV says Jan 4th)!

EOIV is $13.29 in Canada, but it's surely never getting cheaper (can't ever recall an Atlus game on 3DS being cheaper, though their PSP lot on PSN has commonly been $5, but those are normally $10/$15 no?).

I remember back in the day Drill Dozer appearing on the release schedules, release day coming and...no retailers got any Drill Dozer stock and it vanished from the NOE radar (Wario Ware Twisted did the same thing...about 7 times). I've always wondered, was the game translated? Well only a few days to find out...maybe?

Robin64

Drill Dozer is amazing, but I hope it's also a sign we're getting the most criminally never-released-here game, Wario Ware Twisted.

also

Banned
The Japanese version has the rumble feature, so I suspect the other versions will too.
Awesome, really glad M2 is handling the GBA VC.
It's a shame they didn't enable rumble in M&L Superstar Saga. Can't have it all, I suppose.

jmizzal

I really hope NX VC isnt the same slow releases of NES, SNES and N64 games

They need to start out with at least 50 games already available

The weekly releases should be GC VC and Wii VC games, along with the indie and eshop only games

maxcriden

I really hope NX VC isnt the same slow releases of NES, SNES and N64 games

They need to start out with at least 50 games already available

The weekly releases should be GC VC and Wii VC games, along with the indie and eshop only games

Based on prior comments, Nintendo should have the ability to make all Wii U VC available day one on NX. I wouldn't be surprised if your library is fully transferrable from one to the other, but we'll see if that's doable. Anyway, I really like your idea and I hope GC and Wii games are a VC mainstay on NX.

tolkir

I remember back in the day Drill Dozer appearing on the release schedules, release day coming and...no retailers got any Drill Dozer stock and it vanished from the NOE radar (Wario Ware Twisted did the same thing...about 7 times). I've always wondered, was the game translated? Well only a few days to find out...maybe?

Nintendo web says it has 5 languages.

Probably it's EU version unreleased.

Top Bottom