• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2016

daydream

Banned
I don't think I've heard almost any good things about that game, lol

but I'm still getting it... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is this gaf impressions or just general jp impressions cause i wouldn't trust the latter. if they stem from places like 2chan or amazon.jp, they're pretty much worthless. i suspect mobile games did a number on skewing expectations toward games over there

Definitely buying Drill Dozer.

Legend of Legacy looks alright but with so many JRPGs coming in the coming months I might not have time for it. Still, will give the demo a chance.

Camjo-Z

For all those playing Drill Dozer for the first time, I feel it's only fair to warn you: prepare your ear holes for the infamous Game Freak Trumpets™.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, BoxBoy sequel came out today in Japan, you can even transfer costumes you unlocked in the first game.

NoA, confirm this for the west pleeaaasseee.

TheMoon

Holy crap, BoxBoy sequel came out today in Japan, you can even transfer costumes you unlocked in the first game.

NoA, confirm this for the west pleeaaasseee.

No need to confirm this. It'll come, this is as obvious as a Mario game coming WW.

also

Banned
Just a reminder, the EU Devil Survivor Overclocked sale ends tomorrow (Thursday), ~16.00 CET. Not 100% on the exact time it ends so don't wait until the last second. The game has a 65% discount; from £29.99 (34.99€) to 11.99€ / £9.99. This is only the second time it has been on sale and you will most likely have to wait another year if you miss it. The game is definitely worth its full price but everybody loves discounts, right?

If you have the slightest interest in an amazing SRPG with a turn based battle system, and an intriguing story that deals with demons, technology and survival, be sure to check it out. Also be sure download the patch (v1.1.) in case it's not applied automatically.

Sadly the game is not available in Australia so you can't buy it if you have an Aussie NNID. If you haven't created a NNID yet you can buy it by switching to any of the EU countries in the System Settings but beware! If you ever create an Aussie NNID you will not be able to redownload the game. However, you will still be able to play it as long as you don't delete it from your system. Also be sure to only add the exact amount of money needed as there's no currency sharing between different countries' eShops.

Rizzi

Just a reminder, the EU Devil Survivor Overclocked sale ends tomorrow (Thursday), ~16.00 CET. Not 100% on the exact time it ends so don't wait until the last second. The game has a 65% discount; from £29.99 (34.99€) to 11.99€ / £9.99. This is only the second time it has been on sale and you will most likely have to wait another year if you miss it. The game is definitely worth its full price but everybody loves discounts, right?

If you have the slightest interest in an amazing SRPG with a turn based battle system, and an intriguing story that deals with demons, technology and survival, be sure to check it out. Also be sure download the patch (v1.1.) in case it's not applied automatically.

Sadly the game is not available in Australia so you can't buy it if you have an Aussie NNID.
If you haven't created a NNID yet you can buy it by switching to any of the EU countries in the System Settings but beware! If you ever create an Aussie NNID you will not be able to redownload the game. However, you will still be able to play it as long as you don't delete it from your system. Also be sure to only add the exact amount of money needed as there's no currency sharing between different countries' eShops.

I'm still mad.

maxcriden

No need to confirm this. It'll come, this is as obvious as a Mario game coming WW.

One more eShop game to come West this year, w/ Rhythm Heaven, Picross and Style Savvy (for NA). (yes, I know those are retail in JP but I'm not convinced they all will be here)

TheMoon

One more eShop game to come West this year, w/ Rhythm Heaven, Picross and Style Savvy (for NA). (yes, I know those are retail in JP but I'm not convinced they all will be here)

if RH and Style Savvy do come over, it will be in retail form. 100% sure on Style Savvy due to the target audience.

maxcriden

if RH and Style Savvy do come over, it will be in retail form. 100% sure on Style Savvy due to the target audience.

yeah, that one is likeliest to remain retail. especially since it already did in EU. I'm not convinced on RHTB+ or PC3D2 tho.

Camjo-Z

Something really strange happened today. I bought Mario & Sonic 2012 3DS off eBay sometime last year (don't ask) and for some reason the game wouldn't work properly. My New 3DS refused to recognize the game card unless it was inserted in an extremely precise way and then held there/taped in, and even that method stopped working after one or two plays. I was too lazy to return it so I just decided to eat the cost and stick it on the shelf.

Fast forward to today, when I randomly decided to see if the game would work again. Surprise, it didn't. But then I put it into my brother's 2DS just to see what would happen, and what do you know, suddenly it works perfectly, no problems at all. The game is absolutely horrible so I'm still probably not going to play it anyway, but I'm really puzzled at why it works only in the 2DS considering every other cartridge I've owned works totally fine in my 3DS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey, more Zapper titles coming to the US. Though don't think I'll get any of them. Slightly tempted on Bayou Billy just to see how hard/frustrating it really is & if I can brute force my way via save states.

maxcriden

According to Nintendo.com, we're getting seven indie games tomorrow. None looks particularly interesting, though.

Note that Ocean Runner is listed as a Wii U game, despite the trailer clearly shows it's a 3DS game.

Whoa. Thanks for the info! That is a veritable deluge of games...unfortunately as you said none are too exciting. ;___;

Etria

Sadly the game is not available in Australia so you can't buy it if you have an Aussie NNID. If you haven't created a NNID yet you can buy it by switching to any of the EU countries in the System Settings but beware! If you ever create an Aussie NNID you will not be able to redownload the game. However, you will still be able to play it as long as you don't delete it from your system. Also be sure to only add the exact amount of money needed as there's no currency sharing between different countries' eShops.

The New Zealand eShop is regrettably missing Devil Survivor: Overclocked as well. Since I made an NNID recently, I can't change eShops and douple dip on it digitally. Ah well.

For those on the fence, buy this amazing SRPG. For that price, it is a no brainer.

I was also wondering if anyone knows why Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi was never released on the NZ eShop. It was curiously absent when I went to check it out because of the sale.

Which one though?

I second Etrian Odyssey as well. (Unless you really dislike dungeon crawlers or games with minimal story.) Either entry is good, and you can always try their respective demos to get a feel for the games if it is your first time playing them. :D

If you choose Untold, please choose Classic mode for your first playthrough. You'll enjoy the twist(s) much more. :)

Rizzi

Looks like I'm going to get untold on the eshop. Both IV and untold are out of stock everywhere here and IV is $70 on the eshop. :<

PtM

Banned
Something really strange happened today. I bought Mario & Sonic 2012 3DS off eBay sometime last year (don't ask) and for some reason the game wouldn't work properly. My New 3DS refused to recognize the game card unless it was inserted in an extremely precise way and then held there/taped in, and even that method stopped working after one or two plays. I was too lazy to return it so I just decided to eat the cost and stick it on the shelf.

Fast forward to today, when I randomly decided to see if the game would work again. Surprise, it didn't. But then I put it into my brother's 2DS just to see what would happen, and what do you know, suddenly it works perfectly, no problems at all. The game is absolutely horrible so I'm still probably not going to play it anyway, but I'm really puzzled at why it works only in the 2DS considering every other cartridge I've owned works totally fine in my 3DS.
I have had similar experiences with my firsthand longtime copy of Crush3D. Would only recognise if I didn't shove it too far in. This started to happen spontaneously.

maxcriden

Did NSMBW support the classic controller? Would probably buy it again if I could play on the Gamepad

I think it's Wiimote only. Maybe because of some platforms you use the Wiimote to control, based on a cursory Google search and cursory memory search.

Bazry

I thought as much, I guess there was no point with the classic controller when it was only a few buttons game, shame

I'm going to try and go through stuff i've bought in sales and never played on my 3DS/Wii U this year, so far i've completed Gunman Clive and Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale, I absolutely loved the latter

also

Banned
The New Zealand eShop is regrettably missing Devil Survivor: Overclocked as well. Since I made an NNID recently, I can't change eShops and douple dip on it digitally. Ah well.

For those on the fence, buy this amazing SRPG. For that price, it is a no brainer.

I was also wondering if anyone knows why Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi was never released on the NZ eShop. It was curiously absent when I went to check it out because of the sale.

That sucks but now that Nintendo supports the IARC rating system it should hopefully be a thing of the past.

BioFan

Finally after years of waiting, I got a 3DS.
What game should I get?

Was thinking to get Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, how is it for solo play?

Did I miss any good sale last holiday season?

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Hogan&#8217;s Alley &#8211; Use your split-second reflexes and sharp-shooting skills in the practice shooting range. Use the Wii Remote controller to aim and shoot at the old-timey gangsters as they turn, while avoiding the innocent bystanders. Or in another mode, shoot cans and keep them in the air until they reach the platforms.
- The Adventures of Bayou Billy &#8211; Godfather Gordon has stolen sweet Annabelle Lane. But Bayou Billy won&#8217;t rest until his girlfriend is back home safe &#8211; even if he has to wrestle crocodiles, beat up Gordon&#8217;s goons and endure a shootout! You can even play shootout scenes with the Wii Remote controller.
- Wild Gunman &#8211; Go back in time or relive it in today&#8217;s future with the classic Wild West shootout of Wild Gunman. Keep your hand steady on the Wii Remote controller and get the outlaw before he gets you. If you think you can win the battle against one outlaw, try winning against all of his friends.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

GravBlocks+ is more than 70 percent off (reduced from $3.49 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
Rock Zombie, Unepic and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 4.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
Glory of Generals The Pacific is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 28.
Quell Memento is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 28.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX &#8220;Paper Craft&#8221;

Also new this week:

MY PETS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Ocean Runner (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
AVOIDER (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Bigley&#8217;s Revenge (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Discovery (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
SDK Spriter &#8211; Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
TABLETOP GALLERY (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

zroid

Banned
mallow-crying-super-m9qr5o.gif

PtM

Banned
What game should I get?

Sucks for solo.
What region?
US got a few 3rd party sales, iirc.

I'll be picking up the 3 VC games as I've had a weird craving for some Wild Gunman lately and the others hold some nostalgia value for me.

But, I was really hoping we'd get Wave Race 64 like Europe did last week.

Played some N64 & Gamecube 1080 over the weekend, any thoughts on Wave Race: Blue Storm? I never got around to picking it up.

maxcriden

What game should I get?

Congrats on the 3DS! What games did you pick up?

As said above there weren't many amazing sales recently, at least for first party software.

I loved TFH but I played it exclusively in online MP. There, YMMV in terms of teams, but when you get a good or great team it feels amazing. The game definitely felt built around the online MP and teamwork. I've heard mixed things about SP, seems like people really like it or find it slow and cumbersome.

BioFan

Congrats on the 3DS! What games did you pick up?

As said above there weren't many amazing sales recently, at least for first party software.

I loved TFH but I played it exclusively in online MP. There, YMMV in terms of teams, but when you get a good or great team it feels amazing. The game definitely felt built around the online MP and teamwork. I've heard mixed things about SP, seems like people really like it or find it slow and cumbersome.

Thank you :)
I didn't get any game yet, lol. Saw the Hyrule Gold Edition and just have to get it, it's too pretty.

I've been holding out on getting the 3DS for too long, there were tons of games for it that I want to get, but don't know where to start. So many good games!

Robin64

I remember back in the day Drill Dozer appearing on the release schedules, release day coming and...no retailers got any Drill Dozer stock and it vanished from the NOE radar (Wario Ware Twisted did the same thing...about 7 times). I've always wondered, was the game translated? Well only a few days to find out...maybe?

Seems so!

WVW69iwobs0h6pYAQm

Top Bottom