• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2016

maxcriden

Thank you :)
I didn't get any game yet, lol. Saw the Hyrule Gold Edition and just have to get it, it's too pretty.

I've been holding out on getting the 3DS for too long, there were tons of games for it that I want to get, but don't know where to start. So many good games!

What kinda games do you like? I'd be delighted to recommend some!

tumblr_mleq4bXDLJ1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• SDK Spriter (HullBreach Studios | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• GravBlocks+ is more than 70 percent off (reduced from $3.49 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
  • Rock Zombie, Unepic and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 4.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
  • Glory of Generals The Pacific is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 28.
  • Quell Memento is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 28.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Temple of Yog (Chudchud Ind. | €5.99)
  • Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studio | €9.95) *Only Germany*
  • ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions | $TBD) *Only Australia/NZ*
    TM_WiiUDS_TempleOfYog_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios) - €1.29 (Ends January 21, normally €2.69)
  • Paper Monsters Recut (Mobot Studios) - €3.19 (Ends January 21, normally €6.49)
  • Toto Temple Deluxe (Juicy Beast Studio) - €5.29 (Ends January 20, normally €8.99)

• The Legend of Legacy (NIS America | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - €3.99 (Ends January 14, normally €7.99)
  • Quell Momento (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 28, normally €3.99)
  • Tappingo 2 (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends January 28, normally €2.99)

uxwGK.png

It's a shame they took so long to get the ball rolling on Wii U VC stuff. They've got so many systems to pick from now there has been a lot of cool stuff released lately.

I remember it wasn't long ago we were still wondering why they couldn't even get N64 stuff out lol.

Still 'where the GameCube stuff at?' remains though. :p Maybe NX!

GulAtiCa

There is no way GC VC is coming to Wii U. If it ever does come, it would be NX.

I funny enough see people ask where GC VC is.

TheMoon

There is no way GC VC is coming to Wii U. If it ever does come, it would be NX.

I funny enough see people ask where GC VC is.

Yea been saying that for years. It was very clear this was never gonna happen for very very obvious reasons but I guess yay for denial :D

So over two months after Back to the Future's 30th Anniversary NOA finally releases Wild Gunman long after any nostalgia related marketing which could have been capitalized on has long since passed.

Richie

So over two months after Back to the Future's 30th Anniversary NOA finally releases Wild Gunman long after any nostalgia related marketing which could have been capitalized on has long since passed.

They even reference the movie on the PR. Seriously, talk about an incredible miss. Nintendo of Europe won this round, as they often do.

Was thinking to get Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, how is it for solo play?
If what you want is a single player Zelda game on 3DS, why not get A Link Between Worlds instead? It's a great game to start your 3DS collection, looks and plays fantastically in 3D in 60fps, and is one of the best games on the system period.

TheMoon

Why was it obvious? :/

Because GCN is not natively supported by the system with controllers or memory cards. Wii downloads exist because Wiimotes are natively supported and it uses the regular Wii mode saves as if its a disc version. GCN can't do that and they'd have to figure out a virtual memcard solution on top of the controller thing. What I'm not saying is that it was impossible for them to do, it just was quite clear that they had no interest in doing all of that.

Madao

Because GCN is not natively supported by the system with controllers or memory cards. Wii downloads exist because Wiimotes are natively supported and it uses the regular Wii mode saves as if its a disc version. GCN can't do that and they'd have to figure out a virtual memcard solution on top of the controller thing. What I'm not saying is that it was impossible for them to do, it just was quite clear that they had no interest in doing all of that.

homebrew could do all that and play GC games on Wii U pretty good. i think the biggest actual problem was that none of the Wii U main controllers have analog shoulder buttons. they'd require consumers to get a SSB4 adapter to use GC controllers and that would be a PR nightmare so they decided the headache wasn't worth it.

They even reference the movie on the PR. Seriously, talk about an incredible miss. Nintendo of Europe won this round, as they often do.

Hey, Dan Adelman said in an interview last year that the way Virtual Console releases are handled by NOA makes perfect sense and "It's not even worth debating" so what do we know?

Madao

Hey, Dan Adelman said in an interview last year that the way Virtual Console releases are handled by NOA makes perfect sense and "It's not even worth debating" so what do we know?

Nintendo has showed that not even making money is something they want others to tell them how to do since they always know best.

Pokemaniac

Homebrew suggests that building a wrapper to put GameCube games on the eShop is possible. It would almost definitely be a bigger investment than the Wii wrapper, though.

Nintendo has showed that not even making money is something they want others to tell them how to do since they always know best.

Well at least he didn't do it in a nasally "dumb nerd voice." Boy was NOA in damage control after the Chris Pranger debacle, he seemed to give a telling insight into how they view us from their side within their culture which I'm sure embarrassed them greatly.

But I don't want to sound like I'm hating on NOA too much, I think they've improved more than a few things fan wise the last year. Amazing and timely localization of XCX, localizing Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS (that seriously impressed me, especially being willing to take on DQ 7 which is an absolutely massive game not to mention three years old now) to name a few awesome things they've done/are doing. VC just isn't on that list and unless whatever form it takes on NX is massively overhauled both handling and management wise I don't think that will change.

TheMoon

Homebrew suggests that building a wrapper to put GameCube games on the eShop is possible. It would almost definitely be a bigger investment than the Wii wrapper, though.

homebrew could do all that and play GC games on Wii U pretty good. i think the biggest actual problem was that none of the Wii U main controllers have analog shoulder buttons. they'd require consumers to get a SSB4 adapter to use GC controllers and that would be a PR nightmare so they decided the headache wasn't worth it.

Hence me saying this:

What I'm not saying is that it was impossible for them to do, it just was quite clear that they had no interest in doing all of that.

jholmes

There has to be some sort of reason for this. Did they hold it back because Konami wanted Bayou Billy to get a bump? Is Konami properly supporting the Virtual Console now?

I think this is all unlikely but it's at least a reason for all this that has some sort of logic behind it.

joedick

Wii U VC has had 48 SNES games released so far in NA. It took 140 weeks from the release of the first VC game (Balloon Fight in Jan 2013) to get there. The Wii took 157 weeks to get its 48th SNES game.

I found that interesting, though at this point I doubt Wii U will catch up to the total number of SNES games released on Wii (74). Perhaps the great Natsume prophecy is finally coming to pass!

maxcriden

Wii U VC has had 48 SNES games released so far in NA. It took 140 weeks from the release of the first VC game (Balloon Fight in Jan 2013) to get there. The Wii took 157 weeks to get its 48th SNES game.

I found that interesting, though at this point I doubt Wii U will catch up to the total number of SNES games released on Wii (74). Perhaps the great Natsume prophecy is finally coming to pass!

Nothing great about that Natsume prophecy if we're thinking of the same one 😟

BioFan

What kinda games do you like? I'd be delighted to recommend some!

tumblr_mleq4bXDLJ1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

The last Nintendo console I own was the gamecube and the DS, but loved mario, wind waker, animal crossing, pikmin. Interested in theaterhythm cos elite beat agents was my most fav ds game.

BioFan

If what you want is a single player Zelda game on 3DS, why not get A Link Between Worlds instead? It's a great game to start your 3DS collection, looks and plays fantastically in 3D in 60fps, and is one of the best games on the system period.

Cos my brother owns it. :)
I will just borrow his copy.

The last Nintendo console I own was the gamecube and the DS, but loved mario, wind waker, animal crossing, pikmin. Interested in theaterhythm cos elite beat agents was my most fav ds game.
There's a lot of variety on the 3DS library so it's a bit hard to recommend games to someone without knowing anything about them. Knowing that you're a dude with good taste makes it much easier to recommend some must haves to you.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is the best in the series and probably my favorite game for 3DS. You should check it out, specially since you already like AC to begin with. Definitely borrow Zelda ALBW from your brother. Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D are the best versions of both games so you might be interested even if you played them before (if you haven't, definitely get on that). Super Mario 3D Land is another game you should look into because of its great beauty and fantastic soul cleansing powers of enlightenment. Also check out New Super Mario Bros. 2. I haven't had a chance to play Theathrythm CC but it's one of my most wanted games also (other good rhythm games on 3DS are Hatsune Miku Project Mirai, HarmoKnight and Rhythm Thief, you might want to look into them also since you like the genre).

Some other games I'll have no remorse recommending are Kid Icarus Uprising (get it with the stand), Star Fox 64 3D, Resident Evil Revelations (are you a fan of Biology or of Bio Hazard?), Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter (specially if you can play with your brother). If you're into RPGs, then try Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Bravely Default, Pokemon X or Y or ORAS, Etrian Odyssey, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers and Paper Mario Sticker Star.

On the downloadable only front, some of my favorites are Attack of the Friday Monsters, Crimson Shroud, Liberation Maiden, Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Shovel Knight, Box Boy, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Mario & DK Minis on the Move, some of the Sega 3D classic games. There are other great games on the eShop that I'm sure someone else like Max knows a lot more about than I do.

There are also some free to play or free to start games on the eShop you might want to get to play while you're starting your 3DS library. The three Pokemon games, Rumble World, Shuffle and Picross, can be played for quite a bit without paying a cent. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is great but there's practically nothing to do without paying. Steel Diver Sub Wars multiplayer is limited but free.

Nothing great about that Natsume prophecy if we're thinking of the same one ��
It wasn't great and it wasn't a prophecy. Sounded much more like a curse to me.

Umibozu

Make sure you get curtain call and not the basic version, curtain call includes a lot more songs.
I would also recommend digital over physical if that's a consideration. You'll find that you'll keep going back to it for quick play sessions.
Also play the demo beforehand so that you can get some bonuses when you start the actual game.

BioFan

There's a lot of variety on the 3DS library so it's a bit hard to recommend games to someone without knowing anything about them. Knowing that you're a dude with good taste makes it much easier to recommend some must haves to you.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is the best in the series and probably my favorite game for 3DS. You should check it out, specially since you already like AC to begin with. Definitely borrow Zelda ALBW from your brother. Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D are the best versions of both games so you might be interested even if you played them before (if you haven't, definitely get on that). Super Mario 3D Land is another game you should look into because of its great beauty and fantastic soul cleansing powers of enlightenment. Also check out New Super Mario Bros. 2. I haven't had a chance to play Theathrythm CC but it's one of my most wanted games also (other good rhythm games on 3DS are Hatsune Miku Project Mirai, HarmoKnight and Rhythm Thief, you might want to look into them also since you like the genre).

Some other games I'll have no remorse recommending are Kid Icarus Uprising (get it with the stand), Star Fox 64 3D, Resident Evil Revelations (are you a fan of Biology or of Bio Hazard?), Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter (specially if you can play with your brother). If you're into RPGs, then try Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Bravely Default, Pokemon X or Y or ORAS, Etrian Odyssey, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers and Paper Mario Sticker Star.

On the downloadable only front, some of my favorites are Attack of the Friday Monsters, Crimson Shroud, Liberation Maiden, Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Shovel Knight, Box Boy, Pushmo, Dillon's Rolling Western, Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Mario & DK Minis on the Move, some of the Sega 3D classic games. There are other great games on the eShop that I'm sure someone else like Max knows a lot more about than I do.

There are also some free to play or free to start games on the eShop you might want to get to play while you're starting your 3DS library. The three Pokemon games, Rumble World, Shuffle and Picross, can be played for quite a bit without paying a cent. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is great but there's practically nothing to do without paying. Steel Diver Sub Wars multiplayer is limited but free.

It wasn't great and it wasn't a prophecy. Sounded much more like a curse to me.

Oh Wow, thanks for the recommendations, I was debating on New Leaf or Happy Home Designer, now I know which one to get first.

How could I forget about Kid Icarus Uprising, I wanted that game when it was released.
Yeah Bio for BioHazard, :) but I may skip on Revelation for now. There are too many better games that I need to get first.

So I think I might get these:
Zelda: ALBW
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario Stciker Star
Theaterhythm CC
Kid Icarus Uprising
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Forgot to mention I love the Monster Hunter series)
Phoenix Wright
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Mario and Luigi Paper Jam
Final Fantasy Explorers

Oh woww...that's so many games...

Thank you! :)

BioFan

Make sure you get curtain call and not the basic version, curtain call includes a lot more songs.
I would also recommend digital over physical if that's a consideration. You'll find that you'll keep going back to it for quick play sessions.
Also play the demo beforehand so that you can get some bonuses when you start the actual game.

I've been getting my games (Xbox One and PS4) digitally, so I might do the same for 3DS. How is it compared to PSN/XBL?

I'm super bummed I never redeemed my 1080 Snowboarding download code for the Wii Shop I got in the Club Nintendo purge. Now it won't allow me to download. I'm such an idiot!

Umibozu

I've been getting my games (Xbox One and PS4) digitally, so I might do the same for 3DS. How is it compared to PSN/XBL?
Your purchases are tied to your nnid which is tied to your console/handheld. Your purchases can only be used one at a time (1 3ds at a time), most games (0 virtual console games) do not have crossbuy.
As long as you don't lose, damage, or sell your devices regularly you should be okay.
Also never delete your nnid.
As long as you keep the above in mind you should be okay

I'm sure other posters can give more detailed and informative information as well.

Pokemaniac

There is a strict activation limit of 1 3DS and 1 Wii U for each NNID. The only ways to move your ID to a new system are to do a full system transfer (requires both systems present and functional), or to give Nintendo customer service a call.

Other than that, pretty standard accounts.

No cloud saves right now, but they have been announced as something Nintendo is working on.

There are some cross-buy titles, however, VC games are not included in those.

Also some big changes to stuff are expected by March, but we don't know the full implications of those, yet.

Dee Dee

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario Stciker Star
Theaterhythm CC
Kid Icarus Uprising
Phoenix Wright
Fire Emblem Awakening
Final Fantasy Explorers

Out of that list, put Paper Jam over Sticker Star, if at all - I personally would scratch both, as long as you have enough other games to play (which seems to be the case). I will go out of my way to even claim you should get Fantasy Life instead before getting any of the Mario RPGs. They are really just very average.

New Leaf and ALBW are the rightful top 2 here I think.
Definitely put Fire Emblem Awakening higher on the list though - there is a demo on the eshop too, so check it out to convince yourself.
The next best JRPG is Bravely Default, but it has some major flaws (which will only become apparent about 20 hours into the game, so I still recommend it).

The rest of the list is extremely solid, but I think Rhythm Thief and Harmoknight might be more your thing if you liked Elite Beat Agents over Theathrythm - but Theathrythm has FF music, so there's that. (I am addicted to Theathrythm, so that is not meant to put the game down!) I also played the Miku game, but hated it - it has a one time demo (lol) on the eshop, so you can see for yourself.

Hey, if you end up liking Phoenix Wright (which I really hope), the next best things on the 3DS are Ghost Trick (DS) and 999 (DS) + VLR (3DS). The visual novel thing is not for everyone, but people usually enjoy it a lot more than they thought they would. There are some more DS games like that, but yeah, check Phoenix Wright out as a start.

As an Animal Crossing connaisseur, how about some Harvest Moon? Just don't pick the ones with Harvest Moon in the name: You will enjoy Story of Seasons and Rune Factory 4 a lot more.

Also, do not dismiss the eshop. Shovel Knight is the real Mario you are looking for (well, it would be, if 3D Land was not as good as it is... but Shovel Knight will still be to your liking). It should even come out for retail though, so you can stay off digital if that is the reason you dismissed the game.

Stay away from the Free-To-Start stuff with Pokémon - the Badge Center and Steel Diver Sub Wars are the only free games that actually feel gamey. (Personal preference and all, but the Pokémon Games have these really horrible paywalls sooner or later, I felt they were simply frustrating.)

Have fun, and don't start building a backlog just yet - once the new account system hits in March, you might profit off of buying your stuff much more, like when they used to give extra codes for a specific amount of eshop purchases, or the Club Nintendo point system with the codes from retail purchases.
So: Don't buy a lot of stuff now, only to realize you could have gotten cool gifts from those purchases once the new account system starts.

Pokemaniac

Oh Wow, thanks for the recommendations, I was debating on New Leaf or Happy Home Designer, now I know which one to get first.

How could I forget about Kid Icarus Uprising, I wanted that game when it was released.
Yeah Bio for BioHazard, :) but I may skip on Revelation for now. There are too many better games that I need to get first.

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Super Mario 3D Land
Paper Mario Stciker Star
Theaterhythm CC
Kid Icarus Uprising
Phoenix Wright
Fire Emblem Awakening
Final Fantasy Explorers

Oh woww...that's so many games...

Thank you! :)

Sticker Star really isn't a good game. It had some interesting ideas, and the presentation is probably the best in the series, but the mechanics created some super annoying trial and error, plus the story is largely non-existent. Bowser doesn't talk at all, and that is just not okay for a Mario RPG.

Also, if you like Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, you'll probably also like Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
After Year Walk, the Nintendo Minute duo goes into the big eShop December releases: Fast Racing Neo and Steamworld Heist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDD9f4HgQNA

Didn't know they changed the logo/opening of those videos, it seemingly happened last week, with the final Year Walk's walkthrough video

I started up SteamWorld Heist earlier today and the game is legit. I know it really doesn't need the spotlight compare to other eshop games right now, but it's just too good not to mention. So very glad I bought this before the sale ended.

BioFan

The rest of the list is extremely solid, but I think Rhythm Thief and Harmoknight might be more your thing if you liked Elite Beat Agents over Theathrythm - but Theathrythm has FF music, so there's that. (I am addicted to Theathrythm, so that is not meant to put the game down!) I also played the Miku game, but hated it - it has a one time demo (lol) on the eshop, so you can see for yourself.

Hey, if you end up liking Phoenix Wright (which I really hope), the next best things on the 3DS are Ghost Trick (DS) and 999 (DS) + VLR (3DS). The visual novel thing is not for everyone, but people usually enjoy it a lot more than they thought they would. There are some more DS games like that, but yeah, check Phoenix Wright out as a start.

As an Animal Crossing connaisseur, how about some Harvest Moon? Just don't pick the ones with Harvest Moon in the name: You will enjoy Story of Seasons and Rune Factory 4 a lot more.

Have fun, and don't start building a backlog just yet - once the new account system hits in March, you might profit off of buying your stuff much more, like when they used to give extra codes for a specific amount of eshop purchases, or the Club Nintendo point system with the codes from retail purchases.
So: Don't buy a lot of stuff now, only to realize you could have gotten cool gifts from those purchases once the new account system starts.

Thanks for all the recommendation guys.
I think I will have to take out Sticker Star.

I have Phoenix Wright Trilogy for the DS, and I like it :)
I have ghost trick on the DS :)

Not a Harvest Moon person but I might check out Rune Factory 4.
Will def check out Rhythm Thief and Harmoknight.

Btw how's Yo-Kai Watch?

Ahh will do, I will probably just get ALBW and New Leaf for now first then :)

Thank you

TheMoon

I started up SteamWorld Heist earlier today and the game is legit. I know it really doesn't need the spotlight compare to other eshop games right now, but it's just too good not to mention. So very glad I bought this before the sale ended.

Compared to others it doesn't but in general I think it does. I feel it's getting a little sidelined because people are "waiting" for what they think are automatically superior console versions.

Thanks for all the recommendation guys.
I think I will have to take out Sticker Star.

I have Phoenix Wright Trilogy for the DS, and I like it :)
I have ghost trick on the DS :)

Not a Harvest Moon person but I might check out Rune Factory 4.
Will def check out Rhythm Thief and Harmoknight.

Btw how's Yo-Kai Watch?

Ahh will do, I will probably just get ALBW and New Leaf for now first then :)

Thank you

This post looks like a poem.

sheaaaa

I'll stand up for Sticker Star, if you go into it not expecting a text-heavy sequel to The Thousand Year Door, you'll have a good time. It's very different to everything else in its series, but charming and unique enough to be worthwhile. If you can find it for cheap, don't think twice.

zroid

Banned
I'll stand up for Sticker Star, if you go into it not expecting a text-heavy sequel to The Thousand Year Door, you'll have a good time. It's very different to everything else in its series, but charming and unique enough to be worthwhile. If you can find it for cheap, don't think twice.

agreed, it has issues, but as long as you don't expect it to play like an RPG, it's a fun game

it's definitely not an RPG

edit: I'll also add that as much as the trial-and-error puzzles can be annoying, obtuse trial-and-error puzzles are a staple of adventure games, which is what PMSS is. For better / worse.

Pokemaniac

agreed, it has issues, but as long as you don't expect it to play like an RPG, it's a fun game

it's definitely not an RPG

edit: I'll also add that as much as the trial-and-error puzzles can be annoying, obtuse trial-and-error puzzles are a staple of adventure games, which is what PMSS is. For better / worse.

The items you need to solve obtuse trial and error puzzles typically aren't consumable, and usually aren't consumed when you choose wrong.

They also typically don't have RPG-style boss battles where the game expects you to do the trial and error thing to figure out their weak point, wasting precious resources each time.

zroid

Banned
The items you need to solve obtuse trial and error puzzles typically aren't consumable, and usually aren't consumed when you choose wrong.

They also typically don't have RPG-style boss battles where the game expects you to do the trial and error thing to figure out their weak point, wasting precious resources each time.

Yeah, like I said, there are issues. It's not a perfect marriage. But it's a good game. IMO.

Paper Mario Sticker Star is only not a good game in Super Bizarro Internet Land. People talk about it as if it's some kind of mediocre garbage game not worth not worth anyone's time. The only real flaw is that they didn't go full adventure game. They should have ditched the battles completely. That doesn't mean even the battles are bad per se, just that they are unnecessary. The puzzles are fine and most of the time are even easy to figure out, the level of trial and error involved is often exaggerated to olympic levels by people ditching on the game.

I'm not saying the game's perfect, it isn't by far, but the game is must definitely much more than the mess riddled with incomprehensible crap and no visible qualities that you guys make it sound. It is a very, very good game with exceptional qualities. The music, graphics, the humor, even the story and writing that is so criticized, are exceptional. That a game so unique, charming, inventive, filled to the brim with exceptional imagination and clever design, is so often so maligned is exasperating, to say the least.

The game is not what you guys want it to be. That doesn't mean it's not good.

I couldn't imagine not being digital only on the 3DS. I don't really play handhelds at home and the ability to open the system at work on my down time and have 200+ odd games waiting to be played is just too good. It's basically the thing I always wanted as a kid, using of those frankenstein-esq 3-way game switchers in my GBA; a ~GCN-level handheld with all of my games stored on the device. The only thing that would make it better, would be DS, GBA and SNES VC support. (And getting Dead or Alive, Tales of the Abyss, Shinobi and Heroes of Ruin up for download.)

Oh yeah, The Delusions of Von Sottendorff and His Square Mind is really good! It reminds of Luigi's Mansion in a way. The whole sliding puzzle aspect is really well done, the music is surprisingly great for a relatively unknown indie studio.

Phoenixus

Random observation, but when in the hell are Sega going to put their eshop games on sale? I've been waiting to convert my physical copy of Sonic Racing Transformed since Wii U launch and it has never been on sale once since then. :(

Nintendoland too, I'd love to have that as digital but bugger off with that asking price Nintendo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They've done sales on their 3D Classics & a few of the Sonic Game Gear games, but that's it. Nothing on their retail stuff.

Umibozu

Random observation, but when in the hell are Sega going to put their eshop games on sale? I've been waiting to convert my physical copy of Sonic Racing Transformed since Wii U launch and it has never been on sale once since then. :(

Nintendoland too, I'd love to have that as digital but bugger off with that asking price Nintendo.
I thought that wasn't on the eshop anymore...

BioFan

For someone who hasn't played a Nintendo game for more than 5 years, have to say that I just realized how good games can be.
I'm a bit bored of the recent offerings for the xbox one and ps4. To be honest I thought it's because I'm getting older. But after playing Zelda:ALBW and wow, I'm having so much fun. Makes me realise why I love games in the first place.
Nintendo is like the pixar for videogames. And I'm definitely checking out NX now.

Ondore

I'm guessing you're in a PAL region? I remember it went on insane sale around an E3... I think 2014? in NA.

zroid

Banned
For someone who hasn't played a Nintendo game for more than 5 years, have to say that I just realized how good games can be.
I'm a bit bored of the recent offerings for the xbox one and ps4. To be honest I thought it's because I'm getting older. But after playing Zelda:ALBW and wow, I'm having so much fun. Makes me realise why I love games in the first place.
Nintendo is like the pixar for videogames. And I'm definitely checking out NX now.

I never actually took a break from Nintendo myself, but I did go through a similar feeling a few years ago. During last gen I was starting to feel down on Nintendo's direction a bit and had been really investing more and more time and money in my PS3 library.

Then at some point a switch kinda flipped in my head and I realized I wasn't even interested in most of those games I'd bought and I was just stockpiling them because they were popular or getting good reviews. Honestly the last traditional "AAA" title I played was Mass Effect 3, nothing else since then has really captured my attention. :\

I know there's a large contingent of people who think Nintendo needs to copy Sony and MS to be successful, but for me I like that they do things their own way.

Top Bottom