• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

VegiHam

We'e finally getting Tappingo 2? And two awesome Kirby games? And rock bottom priced SMT4? All this week? But I bought Smash, Hyrule Warriors, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga last week and I still haven't played them. Leave my wallet alone nintendo!

TheMoon

Though others already have, I'd like to just confirm that my deleted Wii Fit U Trial is still available to download again.

If you happen to want a disc copy, I just stumbled over a store today that was getting rid of the Fit Meter+Game bundle for €5,00 (yes, no typo) .. :D

jholmes

So, what's the deal with all of the Life of Pixel copyright use? Is it all fair use or does any of this come near infringement? I'm a little surprised it's even on the eShop but maybe I'm totally in the wrong here.

Pokemaniac

After redownloading it and booting it up again, is it still the unlocked full version?

I'm pretty sure that's determined by the save data.

So, what's the deal with all of the Life of Pixel copyright use? Is it all fair use or does any of this come near infringement? I'm a little surprised it's even on the eShop but maybe I'm totally in the wrong here.

eShop games can get DMCAed. It happened to Meme Run (amusingly over the troll face). That said, I have no idea what the situation with Life of Pixel is. Are there any examples you can point me towards?

Zeeman

eShop sale is over tomorrow. I'm eyeing Captain Toad, M&L: Dream Team, Mario Golf and Fantasy Life. Realistically, I can only justify buying one of them. Anyone have thoughts?

GulAtiCa

Life of a Pixel may have permission, for whatever part your talking about. My own game has 3 permissions granted, for example.

Is there anything going on? It getting taken down? Or just curious if cause it had some?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, how is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse compared to Risky's Revenge? At the very least the trailers I've seen seem to suggest that Shantae is a lot faster in this game? Also, is the Wii U version just a scaled up version of the 3DS game?

TheMoon

Btw, how is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse compared to Risky's Revenge? At the very least the trailers I've seen seem to suggest that Shantae is a lot faster in this game? Also, is the Wii U version just a scaled up version of the 3DS game?

Yes.

jholmes

eShop games can get DMCAed. It happened to Meme Run (amusingly over the troll face). That said, I have no idea what the situation with Life of Pixel is. Are there any examples you can point me towards?

Life of a Pixel may have permission, for whatever part your talking about. My own game has 3 permissions granted, for example.

Is there anything going on? It getting taken down? Or just curious if cause it had some?

The gimmick behind Life of Pixel is that each of the levels take place on different pieces of video game hardware and I believe they may make use of actual emulators as well (not sure on that, they look accurate to the hardware anyway). This isn't just like 16-bit land or anything: The game says you're playing the Super NES stages, tells you about the Super NES, uses a sprite based on the Super NES. There's like eight consoles in the game, three of them Nintendo consoles.

maxcriden

New game? What is this, Star Fox 3D...? I was nearly to the end of the game and got a game over and my save is...rendered moot, I guess? Blegh. Ain't nobody got time for that, lol. I don't want to restart they game. I know it'd not that long but it's really a bummer that there's no perma save. I didn't understand that or I would have been more conservative with my lives. 😕

I'll probably just try again but meh. If I don't beat it I doubt I'll try a third time anytime soon.

GulAtiCa

The gimmick behind Life of Pixel is that each of the levels take place on different pieces of video game hardware and I believe they may make use of actual emulators as well (not sure on that, they look accurate to the hardware anyway). This isn't just like 16-bit land or anything: The game says you're playing the Super NES stages, tells you about the Super NES, uses a sprite based on the Super NES. There's like eight consoles in the game, three of them Nintendo consoles.
They prob got permission. Trust me, Nintendo is REALLY strict on Lotcheck with permissions. Esp if it's their own ip.

After turning it down the other hundred times it was on sale I finally caved on 1001 Spikes for 3DS. The screen flicker is pretty annoying but I'm digging it.

Orgen

eShop sale is over tomorrow. I'm eyeing Captain Toad, M&L: Dream Team, Mario Golf and Fantasy Life. Realistically, I can only justify buying one of them. Anyone have thoughts?

I really enjoyed Captain Toad and I'm currently playing Dream Team. Captain Toad was very good but a little short (12 hours for 100% and I'm a slooooow player). Dream Team has a slow start but it picks up later. It's fun, varied and seems to be pretty long (I have 10 hours logged and I think I'm not even in the 1/3 way to beat it).

If you want a long adventure then pick up Dream Team. If you want a fun (but short) puzzle game then pick Toad. Either way they are 2 very good games IMO :D

maxcriden

Just to add on to what Orgen said, I beat Dream Team with 55 hrs clocked and only enjoyed it more and more as it went on. Didn't get 100% either--maybe 90% or so? I'd like to go back to it at some point but just haven't gotten to yet. Really loved it though. The NPCs are amazing and hilarious.

Pokemaniac

Just to add on to what Orgen said, I beat Dream Team with 55 hrs clocked and only enjoyed it more and more as it went on. Didn't get 100% either--maybe 90% or so? I'd like to go back to it at some point but just haven't gotten to yet. Really loved it though. The NPCs are amazing and hilarious.

While I like Dream Team in general I thought it overstayed it's welcome a bit. Compared to the other Mario & Luigi games, it is a bit bloated.

I bought Dream Team last night. Figured it wouldn't be any cheaper than $27 on the eShop for a while.

I won't touch it until I've gotten everything out of Fantasy Life. (Not everything...but at least until I've had my fill.)

Orgen

55 hours? And not even 100%? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hahaha I see there are a lot of beans to collect and I still have 4 zones to visit... y god, it's going to be a long journey! (I made just the first colossus battle with Luigi).

Was any reason given as to why the PSN plus mega-thead (now on its second OT)
is being allowed to stay on the gaming discussion forum when the nintendo downloads thread was sent the gaming community forum?

TheMoon

is being allowed to stay on the gaming discussion forum when the nintendo downloads thread was sent the gaming community forum?

Because GAF is a Sony forum now. Don't question it, just nod and pretend everything is fine. :D

pariah164

Took my 3DS out of the rice, and... WELP. Good news/bad news. Good news = it works. Bad news: Left button on the d-pad is stuck. Right button does not work at all. And I don't have a phillps-head small enough, so I can't open up the back to see what the deal is.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Took my 3DS out of the rice, and... WELP. Good news/bad news. Good news = it works. Bad news: Left button on the d-pad is stuck. Right button does not work at all. And I don't have a phillps-head small enough, so I can't open up the back to see what the deal is.

You can get a cheap hex set with a larger and a small screw driver at Lowes or Home Depot for under $20. Worth buying just to have. I got a Kobalt set that I use all the fucking time, and it has all of the weird bits that people look for sometimes like the star and shit.

pariah164

You can get a cheap hex set with a larger and a small screw driver at Lowes or Home Depot for under $20. Worth buying just to have. I got a Kobalt set that I use all the fucking time, and it has all of the weird bits that people look for sometimes like the star and shit.
Yeah; I think I'll do that. If the damage is irreparable, then I'll drop $200 on the N3DS.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah; I think I'll do that. If the damage is irreparable, then I'll drop $200 on the N3DS.

Good thing about the purchase is it's something you'll just have for multiple uses. You don't have to feel like your wasting your cash on something if you can't repair your 3ds as the screwdriver set will come in handy for all sorts of things!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The GBA version of SSF2? Well that's....interesting. Wonder how long until that comes to the US.

That also marks it as the FOURTH version of SF2 (3 of which are on SNES: SF2, SF2 Turbo, & Super SF2), plus the 5th SF game since Alpha 2 on SNES is there as well.

.............well six if you want to count SF2010 for some reason.

Any news about Mutant Mudds SC release date? I only have $12 and may be without internet for awhile starting the 28th or 29th and wanted that before then but I guess like all Indie games it'll miss its release date. :p :(

The real PSN
Vita
thread has the same monthly format as this one and is in community as well. The PS+ thread is just a madhouse full of Knack jokes and disappointment. It really serves no purpose. The thing that always confuses me is that "Fighting Games Weekly" is allowed to have a weekly community thread in Gaming, but pretty much no one else. Not gonna pretend there isn't a Sony bias, but this isn't the case here. :)

Don't question it, just nod and pretend everything is fine

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So I just finished Child of Light on Wii U, and I have to say that it was alright? I probably made the game harder on myself since I was playing on hard mode the whole way, but the story didn't make too much sense imo... and the parts that did were sad =(.

So I just finished Child of Light on Wii U, and I have to say that it was alright? I probably made the game harder on myself since I was playing on hard mode the whole way, but the story didn't make too much sense imo... and the parts that did were sad =(.

I really didn't enjoy it myself. Thought it was pretty overrated. Maybe I set my expectations too high.

terrisus

The real PSN
Vita
thread has the same monthly format as this one and is in community as well. The PS+ thread is just a madhouse full of Knack jokes and disappointment. It really serves no purpose. The thing that always confuses me is that "Fighting Games Weekly" is allowed to have a weekly community thread in Gaming, but pretty much no one else. Not gonna pretend there isn't a Sony bias, but this isn't the case here. :)

Thank goodness for the Hide Forum Threads extension.

So much worthless junk constantly floating around >.>

RiggyRob

It was pretty good for a £15ish game, the art is great and the battle system is complex enough to feel challenging in boss battles/difficult battles- my girlfriend described it as a storybook Sleeping Beauty game which I thought was pretty appropriate. The game is pretty easy on normal mode and we didn't even use all of the stat increasing stardust items. The ending was definitely rushed though.

I'd love to see a fully developed sequel.

Glass Joe

Just went to Nintendo's site to see if the VC games were updated yet. Star Fox Command, which I think they announced earlier. I still might get it, as I never played it.

Looking at the upcoming releases, Fatal Frame is going to be eShop only? Instead of box-art, they show an eShop-style icon. Sorry if old but I wasn't aware of that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh boy, I should look up what games are....*remembers it's M&L Partners in Time and Star Fox Command*...welp guess I'll have to look forward to next month.

BTW, both of the DS games mentioned above will be $10.

Ondore

Tomorrow's PR said:
G.G Series NYOKKI

G.G Series THROW OUT

G.G Series AIR PINBALL HOCKEY

G.G Series VERTEX

G.G Series GREAT WHIP ADVENTURE

G.G Series ENERGY CHAIN

G.G Series THE LAST KNIGHT

G.G Series RUN & STRIKE

G.G Series DRILLING ATTACK!!

The sad thing is, I think those are the only 3DS releases tomorrow.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Art Academy: Home Studio – Now it’s easier than ever to make your home an art studio as you learn to paint and draw, or sharpen your current skills. Follow along with 30 new art lessons, and create your own masterpieces using the Wii U GamePad controller. Share works of art via Miiverse, and even upload time-lapse videos of your creations to YouTube. If you have the Art Academy: SketchPad software on your Wii U system, you’ll get $4.00 off when you buy Art Academy: Home Studio. To take advantage of this offer, visit the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) – Never Alone is an atmospheric puzzle platformer developed in collaboration with the Iñupiat, an Alaska Native people, drawn from a traditional story that has been shared across generations. Available exclusively in the Wii U version of the Never Alone game, collect more than 20 in-game Cultural Artifacts that feature beautiful high-resolution images and compelling background information drawn from the collections of the Smithsonian Institution. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
Shiftlings – Control two adorably dimwitted space janitors in this quirky puzzle platformer. You must shift size and weight between the two cosmic custodians, who are conjoined by an air hose, to avoid dangerous traps and fix problems before disaster strikes. Play on your own or with a friend locally through the zaniest locations in the known (and unknown) universe. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Star Fox Command – An evil has emerged from the planet Venom, and now Fox McCloud and his elite team of pilots must reunite to defend the Lylat system from a massive invasion. Plot strategic flight paths on the touch screen as you soar through a story that features nine different endings and popular characters like Falco Lombardi and Krystal.
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time – In this quest of lunatic proportions, Mario and Luigi team up with none other than … their younger selves! Originally appearing on the Nintendo DS system, control both sets of brothers at once in this intriguing (and hilarious) action RPG that leads you beyond the Mushroom Kingdom. Explore Mario’s world across space and time as you take down the evil alien invaders, the Shroobs!

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Baila Latino is 33 percent off (reduced from $29.90 to $19.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.
Puzzle Monkeys is 50 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 23.
Stone Shire is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 1.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Grab discounts on 3D Sonic the Hedgehog, 3D Streets of Rage and more classic 3D games from SEGA beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 25 until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers for more details.
Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains is 25 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $29.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.
Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.

Activities:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Global Cup 2” Tournament – See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world. The new “Global Cup 2” tournament runs from June 25 to July 1. Opt in via the SpotPass feature on your Nintendo 3DS family system for notifications on future tournaments, and click here for more information about multiplayer tournaments. Good luck, agents!

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Comic Workshop 2: My Workshop
Harvest Moon: Chicken
Harvest Moon: Cow
Harvest Moon: Dog
Harvest Moon: Horse
Harvest Moon: Theme Bundle

Price reduction:

Pyramids is reduced to $1.99 (from $3.99).
Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay is reduced to $19.99 (from $29.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 26.
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is $29.99 (reduced from $39.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 29.

Also new this week:

G.G Series AIR PINBALL HOCKEY (DSiWare)
G.G Series DRILLING ATTACK!! (DSiWare)
G.G Series ENERGY CHAIN (DSiWare)
G.G Series GREAT WHIP ADVENTURE (DSiWare)
G.G Series NYOKKI (DSiWare)
G.G Series RUN & STRIKE (DSiWare)
G.G Series THE LAST KNIGHT (DSiWare)
G.G Series THROW OUT (DSiWare)
G.G Series VERTEX (DSiWare)

Ondore

Sega 3D Classics sale aw yiss

Warning: Attack on Titan at 25% off is still 150% too expensive for anyone. Avoid.

Top Bottom