• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2016

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Buying SPM, Drill Dozer, and probably Rhythm Heaven. Sigh.

Robin64

How is Super Paper Mario?

I love RPGs but only played the first Paper Mario game. Is it like that? Is it fun?

It's barely an RPG. It's more of a platformer adventure using some Paper Mario elements. The story and charm is still very much Paper Mario, but this was Nintendo making Paper Mario move away from the RPG aspects.

Pokemaniac

How is Super Paper Mario?

I love RPGs but only played the first Paper Mario game. Is it like that? Is it fun?

Super Paper Mario was kind of the start of the Paper Mario series' identity issues, with it being essentially a 2D platformer with RPG elements, but, unlike Sticker Star, it managed to stand fairly well on it's own merits. It's definitely a flawed game, but it's still pretty fun and has a decent story.

tolkir

Week 24 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• E3 sales (Until 06/21)
  • The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21.
  • Island Flight Simulator, Secret Agent Files: Miami and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Mutant Mudds Super Challenge, Xeodrifter and more games from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Wheel of Fortune, Legend of Kay Anniversary and more from Nordic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Word Party is 25 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Paranautical Activity is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Canvaleon is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $6.95 to $4.95) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Rhythm Heaven Megamix (Nintendo | Demo)
  • The Legend of Dark Witch 2 (Circle Ent. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• E3 sales (Until 06/21)
  • The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy’s Grand Adventure is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21.
  • Island Flight Simulator, Secret Agent Files: Miami and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
  • Mutant Mudds Super Challenge, Xeodrifter and more games from Renegade Kid are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Farming Simulator 3D, Farming Simulator 14 and more games from Focus Home Interactive are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Classic Games Overload: Card & Puzzle Edition is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 6.
  • Fairune, World Conqueror 3D and more games from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Sales

• Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Nintendo | €38.99 | £32.49 more additional 10% off if you have a My Nintendo account until 06/21, then €49.99 | €59.99)
  • Darksiders II (Nordic Games, €12.49 / £9.99 until 30th June, normally €49.99 / £39.99)
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary (Nordic Games, €7.49 / £4.99 until 30th June, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
  • Citizens of Earth (Atlus, €4.99 / £4.00 until 30th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)
  • Paranautical Activity (Digerati, €4.99 / £3.99 until 30th June, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
  • Infinity Runner (Wales Interactive, €3.85 / £3.50 until 7th July, normally €6.49 / £5.89)
  • Wicked Monsters Blast! HD Plus (Corecell, €2.99 / £2.69 until 30th June, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
  • Funk of Titans (EnjoyUp Games, €4.49 / £4.00 until 14th July, normally €8.99 / £8.09)
  • Grumpy Reaper (EnjoyUp Games, €2.49 / £2.19 until 14th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
  • Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games, €2.49 / £2.19 until 14th July, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
  • More sales

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Map 7: Hidden Truths 1 + 2 (€4.49 | £4.09)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo | €29.24 | £25.99 more additional 10% off if you have a My Nintendo account until 06/21, then €44.99 | £39.99)
  • BoxBoy! (Nintendo | €2.49 | £2.24 until 06/23, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • AeternoBlade (Corecell, €4.99 / £4.49 until 30th June, normally €14.99 / £13.50)
  • Farming Simulator 14 (Focus Home Interactive, €7.49 / £5.00 until 30th June, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
  • Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia, €6.70 / £5.70 until 7th July, normally €8.99 / £7.66)
  • Fairune (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.59 until 7th July, normally €2.99 / £2.39)
  • World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.19 until 7th July, normally €4.99 / £3.99)
  • Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 7th July, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
  • Adventure Bar Story (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.19 until 7th July, normally €4.99 / £3.99)
  • Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard (Abylight, €3.99 / £3.55 until 17th July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
  • More sales

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

wilflare

thought I'll post here too but does anyone have a spare NA 3DS/WiiU Citizens of Earth code they would like to sell/trade?

It's barely an RPG. It's more of a platformer adventure using some Paper Mario elements. The story and charm is still very much Paper Mario, but this was Nintendo making Paper Mario move away from the RPG aspects.

It's really not much of an RPG, and sometimes the back tracking gets tedious, but all in all its a great game.

I wonder if drill dozer is going to have vibration

Super Paper Mario was kind of the start of the Paper Mario series' identity issues, with it being essentially a 2D platformer with RPG elements, but, unlike Sticker Star, it managed to stand fairly well on it's own merits. It's definitely a flawed game, but it's still pretty fun and has a decent story.

Hmmm. Might not be something I want to spend time on at the moment.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

bryehn

So I can't play SPM with just the GamePad? That sucks.

I have arthritis and the first time through with the Wii Remote gave me some serious claw hand. Was hoping to play it again with a more comfortable controller, even with the price jacked to $43 CAD. Obviously not the best in the series, but it was a solid game.

Pokemaniac

So I can't play SPM with just the GamePad? That sucks.

I have arthritis and the first time through with the Wii Remote gave me some serious claw hand. Was hoping to play it again with a more comfortable controller, even with the price jacked to $43 CAD. Obviously not the best in the series, but it was a solid game.

The GamePad cannot be used because the game only supported Wiimote originally.

So, I'm thinking of creating a kind of "what's left?" thread for the 3DS, kinda like the Vita has, to detail some of the better looking release for the rest of 2016/early 2017. I have a list (and the actual thread would be broken down by genre with screens and everything), but don't know if I should add or subtract anything and whether threads like this are allowed or not?

[3DS] Zero Time Dilemma
[3DS] 7th Dragon III code:VFD
[3DS] Monster Hunter Generations
[3DS] Metroid Prime: Federation Force
[3DS] Style Savvy: Fashion Forward
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
[3DS] Corpse Party
[3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits / Fleshy Souls
[3DS] Pokémon Sun/Moon
[3DS] Mario Party Star Rush
[3DS] Runbow Pocket Deluxe
[3DS] River City: Tokyo Rumble
[3DS] Harvest Moon: Skytree Village
[3DS] Ever Oasis
[3DS] Story of Seasons 2
[3DS eShop] Gurumin 3D: A Monstrous Adventure
[3DS eShop] Noitu Love: Devolution
[3DS eShop] BoxBoxBoy
[3DS eShop] Severed
[3DS eShop] Legend of Kusakari
[3DS eShop] 80’s Overdrive
[3DS eShop] Punch Club
[3DS eShop] Dementium 2 Remastered
[3DS eShop] Ambition of Slimes
[3DS eShop] Life Speed
[3DS eShop] Futurium EP Deluxe
[3DS eShop] Shakedown Hawaii
[3DS eShop] Treasurenauts
[3DS eShop] Antipole DX
[3DS eShop] Protect Me Knight 2
[3DS eShop] Omori
[3DS eShop] DJMax Encore
[3DS eShop] Rusty Pup
[3DS eShop] Volgarr the Viking

Any other suggestions?

So, I'm thinking of creating a kind of "what's left?" thread for the 3DS, kinda like the Vita has, to detail some of the better looking release for the rest of 2016/early 2017. I have a list (and the actual thread would be broken down by genre with screens and everything), but don't know if I should add or subtract anything and whether threads like this are allowed or not?

Any other suggestions?

I think it's a good idea! It's not a "mega-thread" really, so I think it would be allowed.

The only games I can think of that aren't on your list are: LEGO Star Wars, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, and (not really a new game) additional Shovel Knight campaigns.

TheMoon

[3DS] Runbow Pocket Deluxe
[3DS eShop] Futurium EP Deluxe
Any other suggestions?

Runbow Pocket is N3DS, Futuridium is N3DS eShop.

important detail!

I think it's a good idea! It's not a "mega-thread" really, so I think it would be allowed.

The only games I can think of that aren't on your list are: LEGO Star Wars, Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, and (not really a new game) additional Shovel Knight campaigns.
Can't believe I left out Gunvolt!

Runbow Pocket is N3DS, Futuridium is N3DS eShop.

important detail!

Oh yeah! I'd note the exclusivity. Lifespeed is n3ds as well.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Went back to try and finish the rest of MM Legends collection.

Feel like I should clear this before I buy any more MM or MM like games.

PS: None of you awesome people have an extra MH Gen code you could PM do you? :p

Any other suggestions?

Wait, Djmax is confirmed as digital only!?

I mean, it's ok but it will break my physical collection u.u

jtrov

Feels good to be playing MM7 on the N3DS. Still the only main line entry in the MM series that I never beat growing up. For some reason the only robot master I have any recollection of is Turboman and he isn't even in the first four lol.

Going to soak up all of the MMX games once they start releasing. This, Megamix, and MHG demo are going to be a perfect fit for this weekend.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Feels good to be playing MM7 on the N3DS. Still the only main line entry in the MM series that I never beat growing up. For some reason the only robot master I have any recollection of is Turboman and he isn't even in the first four lol.

Going to soak up all of the MMX games once they start releasing. This, Megamix, and MHG demo are going to be a perfect fit for this weekend.

I'm slightly interested in MM7 on N3DS just so I can have all seven of MM series on 3DS.

They're localizing Unholy Heights!

That tower defense, apartment management sim game that's like My Life as a Dark Lord! Comes out the same day as The Battle Cats POP. Six bucks!

I love Japanese indie stuff. (I guess that's what these are considered?) I really enjoy stuff like Steamworld Heist and the like, but nothing scratches that itch to play something really weird, quite like a lower budget Japanese game like these.

Honestly, probably my favorite thing about the 3DS.

Karu

Finally bought myself a 2DS (Love the thing, huh) and jumping in on the train, admittedly rather late :D

So far I bougth...

New Super Mario Brothers 2 (Bundle)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Shin Megami Tensei (Currenty downloading)
Box Boy
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Coins (Will be a huuuuge nostalgia trip, loved that game back when!)
Super Mario Bros. 3
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Dito @ nostalgia)

Played the Smash Brothers Demo, and it was surprisingly decent for the DS, but holding out for now. Never been the biggest fan.

Want to definitely look into

Fire Emblem Awakening
Virtue's Last Reward
Final Fantasy T. Curtain Call
Super Mario Land 3D
Story of Seasons

Going late into any given console life cycle can be QUITE awesome. =)

PS: None of you awesome people have an extra MH Gen code you could PM do you? :p
I've got an extra code, do you still need it? Sorry for not seeing your post before.
edit: Just sent you a PM in any case, so you don't have to wait for me to see your reply here since I'm usually really slow replying.

Do you guys think that it's possible a discount on the atlus titles that received a permanent price cut (etrian odyssey etc) or I can buy them without finding out a sale the next day?

TheMoon

Do you guys think that it's possible a discount on the atlus titles that received a permanent price cut (etrian odyssey etc) or I can buy them without finding out a sale the next day?

Just think about this (they're NISA titles, btw): they JUST heavily reduced the price permanently. These games have never been on sale previously. Why would they go on sale now, after their price went down so much.

Hilarion

So I remember like a year ago someone on GAF doing a "what Nintendo-published games for each system aren't on VC list." Does anyone remember who that was or could link the old lists? I'd like to update it and see how it looks now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh cool, didn't know I could pre-purchase BoxBoxBoy. Kind of bummed there's no bonus theme or whatever for doing so (guess that's just retail games), but nice to see I can get it ready to play when I wake up next week.

Top Bottom