• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2015

LayLa

Got an email from NOE saying that yes they listed Epic Yarn incorrectly and I'm entitled to a refund. They haven't updated the eshop description yet though.

amazingly instead of giving me a refund they've taken the money out of my eshop account & removed the game from my Wii U. so now I've paid twice for a game that I no longer own. called them up and they are denying it all. wtf :(

RedBoot

EU's getting Flying Warriors and Little Ninja Bros? I hope we see those in the US. I'm sure both games are super janky nowadays, but I'd pick them both up for the nostalgia alone.

And on the DS list, might be worth including Sega titles as well. Sonic Advance came out in Japan, and will presumably make it to the rest of the world at some point, so I could see all their GBA and DS games coming eventually.

Would be nice if they'd bring the Genesis to the Wii U VC, but...

daydream

Banned
Let's hope Magic of Sheherazade is next from Culture Brain.

Oh, lately I also had this weird itch to play Dash Galaxy again. Now there's a game that won't see another re-release anywhere ever.

scamander

Banned
amazingly instead of giving me a refund they've taken the money out of my eshop account & removed the game from my Wii U. so now I've paid twice for a game that I no longer own. called them up and they are denying it all. wtf :(

Have you used a credit card to transfer money (30€) to your eShop account? Maybe they took the rest (15,01€) of it to refund your credit card? I'd call again. If it's been a mistake it's documented in your account and NoE can look it up for themselves and fix it.

Simbabbad

Sure, that's also a possibility. Maybe they're thinking about audience. They seem to position Yoshi games as babygames (literally kind of lol) so they might want to put out localized versions to include younger buyers as opposed to older players who can be expected to get along fine with the English-only version.
But then again, VC is generally played by older players, and they have age data on this. So it could be the US version despite the original orientation of the game.

LayLa

Have you used a credit card to transfer money (30€) to your eShop account? Maybe they took the rest (15,01€) of it to refund your credit card? I'd call again. If it's been a mistake it's documented in your account and NoE can look it up for themselves and fix it.

someone mentioned that possibility to me as a joke, I can't get the numbers to add up but it would be so Nintendo-like if that is what has happened (what if you had spent the 15,01€ already!?!). Customer service said they didn't have access to eshop accounts so couldn't track what has happened, good on a privacy level but hopeless on a help-the-customer level.

edit: ooh didn't know you could track eshop account history on 3DS - definitely been charged twice, at least I have some evidence now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Indeed, Quest 64 is a fun little game.
And Aidyn Chronicles is absolutely amazing. Have sunk multiple 100+ hour save files into that.

(They would need to fix the random save file corruptions in Aidyn Chronicles though. I always kept multiple save files just in case, but still)

100+ hours in an N64 game is impressive. I guess I should probably hunt one down at some point...

In other news, that Humble Bundle is delicious. $10 win.

terrisus

Took me a minute to figure out why this was posted in this thread...

Well, that was unexpected.

100+ hours in an N64 game is impressive. I guess I should probably hunt one down at some point...

It can be beat in around 50-60 hours probably, if you're not too concerned with taking your time and exploring or such.

My most recent playthrough was like 145 hours.

Nairume

Banned
Yeah, I never had much of a problem with Aidyn Chronicles. But with JRPGs being all the rage for consoles around that time, I can understand why a more hardcore WRPG-style game would have thrown people for a loop if they weren't expecting the kind of trappings that came along with it.

Not that it will ever happen since THQ is dead and I doubt anybody bothered getting that license, but it'd actually be neat if the game would be much more fondly received now that those kind of games are much more prevalent on consoles.

terrisus

Yeah, I never had much of a problem with Aidyn Chronicles. But with JRPGs being all the rage for consoles around that time, I can understand why a more hardcore WRPG-style game would have thrown people for a loop if they weren't expecting the kind of trappings that came along with it.

Not that it will ever happen since THQ is dead and I doubt anybody bothered getting that license, but it'd actually be neat if the game would be much more fondly received now that those kind of games are much more prevalent on consoles.

As far as I remember, it was pretty much:
"lol RPG on N64"
"lol remember Quest 64?"
"lol look at those blocky graphics compared to this movie"
"lol who has time for this?"

And that was pretty much the end of its coverage.

There definitely were some legitimate issues - such as bugs, crashes, and save corruptions.
But, it was an extremely impressive effort of a game, which never really got much attention.

I would love if it could be brought back, if more could be done in its world, or if we could just see more console games like this.

Nairume

Banned
As far as I remember, it was pretty much:
"lol RPG on N64"
"lol remember Quest 64?"
"lol look at those blocky graphics compared to this movie"
"lol who has time for this?"

And that was pretty much the end of its coverage.

There definitely were some legitimate issues - such as bugs, crashes, and save corruptions.
But, it was an extremely impressive effort of a game, which never really got much attention.

I would love if it could be brought back, if more could be done in its world, or if we could just see more console games like this.
I remember EGM and such covering it early on in the dev cycle, but a lot of it was

"Oh damn, look at this game, it'll be super cool when it's out. An open world RPG for the N64 sounds like the bomb"

*gets delayed for a billion years*
*comes out without fanfare*

"THIS GAME IS HARD THIS GAME LOOKS OLD THIS GAME IS CLUNKY 2/10"

terrisus

I remember EGM and such covering it early on in the dev cycle, but a lot of it was

"Oh damn, look at this game, it'll be super cool when it's out. An open world RPG for the N64 sounds like the bomb"

*gets delayed for a billion years*
*comes out without fanfare*

"THIS GAME IS HARD THIS GAME LOOKS OLD THIS GAME IS CLUNKY 2/10"

Yeah, to be fair, its release timing certainly didn't do it any favors.
Still though, I don't feel like it would have gotten much of an effort from the gaming press regardless.

After all, IGN criticized Shadowgate 64 for not having "Pigcops" or an "urge to blow away a videogame bad guy" or "having neither the @ss kicking guns nor worthless bad guys to blow away as we patrolled the hallways of castle Shadowgate with our controllers set on Turok-style, perfect for destruction" >.>

Robin64

Assuming you're all not including Paper Mario in the N64 RPG king discussion.

Though I am partial to a bit of Hybrid Heaven.

terrisus

Earthbound 64 will be the greatest!

XoQjFd2.jpg

One day you guys!

JIZdPlY.jpg

One day!...

(Mother 3 is incredibly awesome... But still...)

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Nintendo eShop keys. THESE KEYS WILL ONLY WORK ON NORTH AMERICAN CONSOLES! To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460878.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

hrLcGWx.png
HH3p2rW.png
TI1Lb5Q.png
cTh25VV.png
my1UYJn.png

x0NgVuQ.png
Woah Dave! (3DS) -- MB-3D92AF9696FF62EF - Taken by pikiberumen. 4 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Mighty Switch Force! (3DS) -- MB-4BC85A947CCD771B - Taken by Leynos. 10 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Moon Chronicles Episode 1 (3DS) -- MB-7F036BC1E04FA0F2 - Taken by stufte. 10 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
SteamWorld Dig (3DS) -- MB-909E6547BB09DAA2 - Taken by Photosynthesis. 9 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Stealth Inc 2 (Wii U) -- MB-2DB8A8DCF5BFEBE6 - Taken by Nairume. 10 entrants total.

t1432756722z1.png

Cross-posting from the "FREE to a good home" thread so no one here misses out.

TheMoon

Can't believe people are still calling Nintendo out of touch. Aren't they the only ones to have done a Humble Bundle at all so far?

Well, let's not get into that here^^

Don't wanna give any bored mods looking for metacommentary bans some easy fodder. ;D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Assuming you're all not including Paper Mario in the N64 RPG king discussion.

Though I am partial to a bit of Hybrid Heaven.
I knew I was forgetting something.

If you include that, OB64, and the two Zelda in a rather broad definition of RPG then Hybrid Heaven is only the fifth best one on the system.

Zeeman

Already own it, so please enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038727.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Mighty Switch Force 3DS (eShop) #For North and South American systems only (minus Brazil) -- MB-5C15913470AAFA20 - Taken by Chrom. 1 entrants total.

t1432684603z1.png

Camjo-Z

I won a free copy of Stealth Inc 2 from maxcriden long ago so I feel it's only fair to give away the copy I got in that bundle to a fellow Nintendo Downloader. Quote to see:

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
That's awesome and utter trite that it's region-restricted.

Well, seems like NoA tried at least to make it a WW deal. Sounds like we might get more of these at least, hopefully in other regions.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/234281-nintendo-tried-to-make-the-humble-nindie-bundle-a-global-deal

Yep, it's only a @NintendoAmerica deal. Tried for months to make it global but we'll get there eventually!

Since I don't want to venture in the humble bundle thread itself, can anyone give opinions about the games in the bundle? I already played through Guacamelee on Wii U and loved it. I own SteamWorld Dig and started it. Any impressions on the rest? (Stealth Inc 2, The Fall, Olli Olli, Woah Dave, Moon Chronicles Ep 1, Mighty Switch Force)?

Camjo-Z

Since I don't want to venture in the humble bundle thread itself, can anyone give opinions about the games in the bundle? I already played through Guacamelee on Wii U and loved it. I own SteamWorld Dig and started it. Any impressions on the rest? (Stealth Inc 2, The Fall, Olli Olli, Woah Dave, Moon Chronicles Ep 1, Mighty Switch Force)?

Woah Dave wouldn't be worth playing if it were a free flash game, and Moon Chronicles is really barebones unless you buy the DLC. Everything else ranges from decent to great.

TheMoon

There are no duds in this bundle.

Stealth Inc 2 is absolute top-tier quality, The Fall and OlliOlli won a ton of awards, Woah Dave is a neat little Mario Bros.-style game, Moon Chronicles Ep 1 is a neat sci-fi FPS, MSF is a cool action platformer.

Top Bottom