• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

KingWool

Banned
Weeks like this [EU] make me question their VC releases. Have they run out of a backlog? Why not release one if you have a backlog? Was it because of Pocket Jockey? I guess I just don't understand not releasing at least ONE.

illusionary

I have to admit that I know very little about the SMT games, but have seen a few recent (very positive) mentions and the sale on SMT IV (EU) piques my interest (which I gather was digital-only for us?). Is anyone able to give me a primer/sell me on the game?

Robin64

Weeks like this [EU] make me question their VC releases. Have they run out of a backlog? Why not release one if you have a backlog? Was it because of Pocket Jockey? I guess I just don't understand not releasing at least ONE.

Gonna need some VC releases to hide the barren Wii U future.

maxcriden

Looks like some countries don't get Luigi U with the base game, but as a tenner add-on or standalone for the full Selects price.

Hoping we get Nintendo Land back on the eShop in the US, as well as that discounted Luigi U add-on.

I have to admit that I know very little about the SMT games, but have seen a few recent (very positive) mentions and the sale on SMT IV (EU) piques my interest (which I gather was digital-only for us?). Is anyone able to give me a primer/sell me on the game?

I liked the strategy RPG Devil Survivor Overclocked better, but SMT IV is more traditional. The world map was confusing to me, so I never beat SMT IV. It's worth trying since it's on sale... Look out for Devil Survivor though.

Dee Dee

It's digital only in EU, it also came out a year late here, and don't count on the spin-off (SMTIV:Apocalypse) to ever release here, because Atlus/SEGA.

On the upside: It's a very meaty game, not the prettiest though, its biggest strengths are the unsettling atmosphere and the music that goes with it.
You crawl dungeons like a crazy person, and gain skills and party members by leveling and cross-breeding demons.
Recruiting demons is the most hilarious and random thing, you basically try to talk or bribe them into joining you, which is a most frustrating yet wonderfully absurd mechanic that is like the worst version of throwing pokéballs imaginable. I hated and loved it.

The battle system is the core of the game, and once you get past the brutally hard tutorial dungeon and learn to cheese it, the game gets pretty easy after a certain point, but you can find challenge in optional bosses and DLC if you need it.

Not sure I am selling you on it, but it's an okay starting point to check the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially at that price point.

illusionary

I liked the strategy RPG Devil Survivor Overclocked better, but SMT IV is more traditional. The world map was confusing to me, so I never beat SMT IV. It's worth trying since it's on sale... Look out for Devil Survivor though.

It's digital only in EU, it also came out a year late here, and don't count on the spin-off (SMTIV:Apocalypse) to ever release here, because Atlus/SEGA.

On the upside: It's a very meaty game, not the prettiest though, its biggest strengths are the unsettling atmosphere and the music that goes with it.
You crawl dungeons like a crazy person, and gain skills and party members by leveling and cross-breeding demons.
Recruiting demons is the most hilarious and random thing, you basically try to talk or bribe them into joining you, which is a most frustrating yet wonderfully absurd mechanic that is like the worst version of throwing pokéballs imaginable. I hated and loved it.

The battle system is the core of the game, and once you get past the brutally hard tutorial dungeon and learn to cheese it, the game gets pretty easy after a certain point, but you can find challenge in optional bosses and DLC if you need it.

Not sure I am selling you on it, but it's an okay starting point to check the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially at that price point.

Thanks both, I'll give it some thought.

I still have no idea whether to buy Pocket Card Jockey. I really like the demo but there are just some weird issues. Like being forced to race races that you can't possibly win. And then being punished for trying to win them by not earning as much EXP at the end. Like, what's the point in winning races if you're losing stamina cards? In the long-run surely you're better off just taking the EXP since prize money doesn't really have any value.

Yeah, I dunno. It's fun but I'm not sure the balance is there and it might be pretty horrible as a full game. Will probably get it in the end, tbh, I'm leaning more towards that than not, just, yeah.

daydream

Banned
finally got a chance to try olympia rising post-patch and i'm happy to say it runs smoothly now, at least 99% of the time (still the occasional stuttering after certain actions but hardly worth mentioning)

easy recommendation for the price

Weebos

Banned
Here is a Runbow Wii U code from the Humble Bundle

B0LPDPLL*L46JSY1

* is a number between 1 and 3.

Runbow is really fun very glad it made it. I wasn't sure if it was at first since it was just on sale like two weeks ago, but I guess they are hoping for people to grab the new DLC for it.

Pokemaniac

That's so strange. I assume you can still play it/redownload it if you already have it.

You can still play it. Not sure about redownloading, though. Someone who owns the game would have to check. With this being a security thing, it might not be redownloadable, at least before it's patched.

You can still play it. Not sure about redownloading, though. Someone who owns the game would have to check. With this being a security thing, it might not be redownloadable, at least before it's patched.
I do own the game, I do think it's still on my 3ds though.

daydream

Banned
newest additions to the nintendo bundle made me bite, after all, so have some leftover keys plus a bonus mini metro steam key which is a fantastic puzzle game!

everything except mini metro is eu only

ModBot said:
Instructions for daydream:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213503.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (daydream, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U) -- MB-0936C9C344AB6B44
Mini Metro -- MB-E642BA184E5B360A - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) -- MB-632C3F5954E10DFD
x0NgVuQ.png
Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure (3DS) -- MB-D81CCF49CEA0EA08 - Taken by Dash Kappei. 2 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U) -- MB-080C07867AF4F13C - Taken by Yomidi. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Runbow (Wii U) -- MB-0D218225C43105C1 - Taken by toythatkills. 1 entrants total.

t1462388659z1.png

maxcriden

Runbow is really fun very glad it made it. I wasn't sure if it was at first since it was just on sale like two weeks ago, but I guess they are hoping for people to grab the new DLC for it.

I'm kinda shocked it made it considering that recent sale, but still glad to have shown the Deva support for the game (though I haven't gotten to play it yet unfortunately), and will gladly give away my key.

For SNES games specifically a Link to the Past - should I wait till I get a New 3DS to play it or buy a GBA version of the game. I thought the images on the eShop looked great.

Richie

They're giving us Thursday off at the office, so I'm gonna be home when they update the eShop for a change; here's hoping they give us a good VC game to enjoy. I've been craving Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2 for a while...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I patiently wait the day I can download Super Mario RPG onto my New 3DS.

skeletonwaiting.jpeg

KingWool

Banned
They're giving us Thursday off at the office, so I'm gonna be home when they update the eShop for a change; here's hoping they give us a good VC game to enjoy. I've been craving Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2 for a while...

Wow. This just reminded me how far behind we are on N64 games.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy an EU download code for Fullblox (Stretchmo) anywhere? I found codes for Pullblox (Pushmo) and Fallblox (Crashmo) but I can't find a code for Fullblox anywhere and it'd be really convenient if I could get one to gift to someone. Am I out of luck here?

MANUELF

Banned
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy an EU download code for Fullblox (Stretchmo) anywhere? I found codes for Pullblox (Pushmo) and Fallblox (Crashmo) but I can't find a code for Fullblox anywhere and it'd be really convenient if I could get one to gift to someone. Am I out of luck here?
Stretchmo is Free to Start, the full game unlock is DLC

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yup, you can either buy one of 4 different packs, or a bundle that contains all 4 packs of stages at a discount (save $4), to which beating them all gives you a bonus, harder pack of stages.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yup, you can either buy one of 4 different packs, or a bundle that contains all 4 packs of stages at a discount (save $4), to which beating them all gives you a bonus, harder pack of stages.

Sure, I know how it works, I just want to know if they sell a full unlock as a code that I can give to someone, seeing as I can't send things to other people any other way and they sell codes for a random smattering of other games (including the previous -blox games and other piecemeal games like Wii Sports Club) on their UK web store, GAME, etc. From the sounds of things, it doesn't seem like it's available that way. Oh well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm guessing no, because it's considered DLC & the 3DS' eShop doesn't have listings for DLC, they can only be accessed/purchased directly through the game itself.

Pretty sure unless it's directly from the companies themselves or via pre-order bonus, you can't just "buy" a code for DLC on the 3DS unless it's some kind of special situation like the Smash Bros. DLC bundle where you bought one version, then was given the code for the other.

......also, I find it weird we STILL don't have a price for Pocket Card Jockey confirmed for the US yet when it's coming out this week. I'm still guessing about $6 or $7, $8 max.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm guessing no, because it's considered DLC & the 3DS' eShop doesn't have listings for DLC, they can only be accessed/purchased directly through the game itself.

Pretty sure unless it's directly from the companies themselves or via pre-order bonus, you can't just "buy" a code for DLC on the 3DS unless it's some kind of special situation like the Smash Bros. DLC bundle where you bought one version, then was given the code for the other.

The Nintendo UK web store has codes for Smash DLC, individual Wii Sports Club sports, etc. There's no restriction on what they can/can't distribute via code, it just depends on them deigning a particular game worthy of a code or not, which is a complete pain as a) there's a ton of stuff that's missing and b) there are codes for some games that you can't buy directly from Nintendo and are only on random retail websites with no advertising whatsoever.

Pokemaniac

The Nintendo UK web store has codes for Smash DLC, individual Wii Sports Club sports, etc. There's no restriction on what they can/can't distribute via code, it just depends on them deigning a particular game worthy of a code or not, which is a complete pain as a) there's a ton of stuff that's missing and b) there are codes for some games that you can't buy directly from Nintendo and are only on random retail websites with no advertising whatsoever.

3DS DLC can't be distributed via code unless the game explicitly supports it due to the way 3DS DLC works.

Platy

Did the Digital version of Lego City Undercover ever went on sale ?

I can't find physical copies anywhere =/

Pokemaniac

Did the Digital version of Lego City Undercover ever went on sale ?

I can't find physical copies anywhere =/

Maybe once? Can't say I remember it happening. That is a pretty great game, though. It's probably the best of the Lego games.

TheMoon

runbow and s&s added to that bundle, damn son

S&S 2! Important because that makes it now two $/€20 games in that bundle. Ridiculous value. Nevermind Darksiders 2 lol.

For SNES games specifically a Link to the Past - should I wait till I get a New 3DS to play it or buy a GBA version of the game. I thought the images on the eShop looked great.

N3DS VC.

GBA version has the annoying N64 voice effects and you won't get to access four swords anyway I bet unless you have four friends with the game.

N3DS VC.

GBA version has the annoying N64 voice effects and you won't get to access four swords anyway I bet unless you have four friends with the game.

Thanks. I decided to wait till I have a N3DS. I think the graphics will look better too, plus I have 2 Zelda games I'm currently playing and 2 coming in the mail! :)

Top Bottom