• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

iosefe

i fucked up hard

i was on the final stretch, but zoned out and forgot to control my horse to maybe get a win.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$7 for PCJ? Guess I was right. I'll give it a download.....especially since my internet's back up finally.

Can somebody please make an Official Thread for Pocket Card Jockey? The demo was incredible and I fear it's going to be overlooked!

Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Never put your card before your horse
Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Feeling a little hoarse? This game's for you!
Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Liked the demo? Pony up the cash!
Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Horsin' Around!
Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Now the 3DS is EXTRA stable!
Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Why the long poker face?
Pocket Card Jockey (3DS) OT - Card games on Harley Horses

KingWool

Banned
Not so sound like an ass, but Wii U have been hacked and injecting DS games into the emulator is as simple as dragging and dropping the *.nds game....so really there's no excuse for their horrid releases. You can even configure it to run at a higher resolution.

EVERY Nintendo DS game works flawlessly.

Not so sound like an ass, but Wii U have been hacked and injecting DS games into the emulator is as simple as dragging and dropping the *.nds game....so really there's no excuse for their horrid releases. You can even configure it to run at a higher resolution.

EVERY Nintendo DS game works flawlessly.

To be fair, I think the "horrid releases" falls more upon 3rd parties cooperating and copyrights than Nintendo being like "Let's not release Jump Ultimate Stars on the Virtual Console! Muahaha!"

I just picked up a New 3DS XL today and installed a 32gig microsd card. How long does a system transfer usually take? My old OG 3DS has and a full 8gig sd card.

foltzie1

I just picked up a New 3DS XL today and installed a 32gig microsd card. How long does a system transfer usually take? My old OG 3DS has and a full 8gig sd card.

Consider moving your files to microsd card on the og 3ds. It makes the transfer faster.

Otherwise a wireless transfer will take many many hours.

KingWool

Banned
In case anyone cares, we now know that Nintendo does know how to properly emulate NES, SNES, GBA, N64, and Nintendo DS. They literally modify settings in the emulator to enable dark filter. For the Nintendo DS you can up-res them to HD. It's really unfortunate that they do this.

So all the back and forth about if they can do it properly has been answered; they just enable/disable certain settings to get the lack luster results we have now... :(

RiggyRob

In case anyone cares, we now know that Nintendo does know how to properly emulate NES, SNES, GBA, N64, and Nintendo DS. They literally modify settings in the emulator to enable dark filter. For the Nintendo DS you can up-res them to HD. It's really unfortunate that they do this.

So all the back and forth about if they can do it properly has been answered; they just enable/disable certain settings to get the lack luster results we have now... :(

What about setting the screens on the DS Virtual Console to be equal sized and side by side?

Also, GBA doesn't count since it's done by M2.

TheMoon

20-30 minutes for the whole thing if you're smart and use the SDcard->PC transfer method outlined in the transfer manual and in the system transfer option itself.

What about setting the screens on the DS Virtual Console to be equal sized and side by side?

Also, GBA doesn't count since it's done by M2.

Yea I'm pretty sure they're clueless about GBA themselves :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What's this?

I was just thinking today that I'd buy Popolopotart if it was on sale for 20...and it secretly is?

Socreges

Banned
Just got quite a shock

Finished DKC2 earlier today and decided I should replay DKCTF. I had bought a digital copy when it was on sale and sold my physical copy. So just now I went to redeem the code I'd purchased... and I'm told it's expired.

So apparently this is a thing. Fair enough. Would have been great if they had communicated the expiry in the email with the code but hey... nobody's perfect.

What's my recourse here? I'm fearing that Nintendo will simply respond with 'tough shit' but hoping their customer service dept is reasonable and fair.

TheMoon

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Super Meat Boy (BlitWorks) - €14.00/£13.00 (€11.20/£10.40 until May 26)
Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves, and pools of old needles. Sacrificing his own well-being to save his damsel in distress. Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic titles and stream lines them down to the essential straightforward twitch-reflex platforming. Ramping up in difficulty from hard to soul crushing SMB will drag Meat boy though haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself. And if 300+ single player levels weren't enough SMB also throws in epic boss fights, tons of unlockable secrets, warp zones and hidden characters.

Pixel Slime U (RCMADIAX) - €2.99/£2.69
PIXEL SLIME U is a unique platformer that challenges you to get the LOWEST score possible. Jump, twist, and glide your way through 40 challenging levels while trying to avoid death. This game will keep you coming back while you compete with others on Miiverse to have the LOWEST score.

Color Symphony 2 (Remimory) - €9.99/£7.99
A man returns to his world to reclaim all he has lost without knowing that everything has changed since he left... Color Symphony 2 is a puzzle action platformer that utilizes the ambiguity of colour. Try to eliminate obstacles or find new paths by using colour! This simple rule allows you to solve various problems.

Mario Strikers Charged Football (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €19.99/£17.99
In this follow-up to Mario Smash Football, you use the skill provided by the Wii Remote and Nunchuk Controller to win the ball, score unstoppable goals and take control of the goalkeeper to perform spectacular saves. Mario is joined by other famous Nintendo characters who take on the role of captain. Then select a host of popular team-mates to make up the rest of the team, before competing in one of the game's many modes.

LEGO MARVEL'S Avengers: All-New, All-Different Doctor Strange Pack (WB Games, Add-on Content available May 10) - €2.99/£2.50
Avengers Assemble! The best-selling LEGO Marvel videogame franchise returns with a new action-packed, Super Hero adventure. Join the LEGO Marvel’s Avengers team and experience the first console videogame featuring characters and storylines from the critically-acclaimed film Marvel’s The Avengers, the blockbuster sequel Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, and more. Play as the most powerful Super Heroes in their quest to save the world.

Special offers
Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €7.99/£5.99)
DuckTales: Remastered (CAPCOM) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends May 26, normally €14.99/£11.99)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (CAPCOM) - €4.94/£3.95 (Ends May 26, normally €14.99/£11.99)
STEEL RIVALS (nuGAME) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €6.99/£5.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends May 26, normally €49.99/£39.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

WordsUp! Academy (CoderChild) - €2.99/£2.69
Becoming part of the Academy is not easy; its most illustrious members are waiting for you, ready to challenge you in this extraordinary puzzle and skills game. Prove your mastery of language in WordsUp! Academy... and dare to challenge them and get their approval! Practice your mental agility and your knowledge of the language in WordsUp! Academy!

Special offers
Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (CAPCOM) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends May 26, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends May 26, normally €24.99/£19.99)
2 Fast 4 Gnomz (QubicGames) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends June 9, normally €4.99/£4.49)
AiRace Speed (QubicGames) - €2.39/£2.10 (Ends June 9, normally €3.49/£3.10)
AiRace Xeno (Qubic Games) - €1.69/£1.59 (Ends June 9, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Goosebumps: The Game (GameMill) - €15.99/£12.49 (Ends June 13, normally €24.99/£19.99)
Terraria (505 Games) - €14.99/£12.74 (Ends May 26, normally €19.99/£16.99)
Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €8.99/£7.49 (Ends May 26, normally €29.99/£24.99)
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (CAPCOM) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends May 26, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (CAPCOM) - €7.99/£7.19 (Ends May 26, normally €19.99/£17.99)

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Contra III The Alien Wars (Konami, SNES VC) - €7.99/£7.19
In the year 2636, the Alien War rages on, and it's up to two soldiers, Jimbo and Sully, to stop the invasion. In this Super NES classic, you can collect power-ups including bombs, flamethrowers, spread shots, lasers and homing guns, and battle through six stages of non-stop, run-and-gun action.

Robin64

Smart to launch with a discount on Super Meat Boy, but I do wonder who doesn't have it at this late stage? And of those that do, who will double (triple?) dip?

TheMoon

Meat Boy is dramatically overpriced given how late this is launching and what it costs elsewhere. That launch discount is a neat idea for a new game but in this case ... no.

Orgen

Smart to launch with a discount on Super Meat Boy, but I do wonder who doesn't have it at this late stage? And of those that do, who will double (triple?) dip?

I don't have it 😀 (and I'll buy it later when I clear some backlog).

I think that's the cheapest price AA5 has ever been... But I still haven't played the Apollo game. Maybe I'll buy it and pray for Capcom to release the fourth game as a VC DS game

TheMoon

copy/paste fail, I guess.

added:

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

In the year 2636, the Alien War rages on, and it's up to two soldiers, Jimbo and Sully, to stop the invasion. In this Super NES classic, you can collect power-ups including bombs, flamethrowers, spread shots, lasers and homing guns, and battle through six stages of non-stop, run-and-gun action.

Putosaure

copy/paste fail, I guess.

added:

Nintendo eShop (New 3DS)

Oh shit

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HELL YES.

I will instantly get that on New 3DS when it hits the US. Glad to see 3rd party is hitting outside of Japan.

cyba89

Nice Mario Strikers. Can we get a sequel now please?

Or can we get any new console Mario sports game that isn't completely barebones or a minigame collection and most important doesn't feature Sonic in it?

RiggyRob

Resident Revelations will get me 60gold coins on Miitomo right as that was the pre sale price or have Nintendo changed that now?

Dude, I never even considered scumming out Gold coins by buying old retail games digitally that have been massively discounted.

It's basically buy Resident Evil Revelations, get Metroid Fusion free!

TheMoon

Dude, I never even considered scumming out Gold coins by buying old retail games digitally that have been massively discounted.

It's basically buy Resident Evil Revelations, get Metroid Fusion free!

Or you could just buy Metroid Fusion and pay less money overall :)

Socreges

Banned
Just got quite a shock

Finished DKC2 earlier today and decided I should replay DKCTF. I had bought a digital copy when it was on sale and sold my physical copy. So just now I went to redeem the code I'd purchased... and I'm told it's expired.

So apparently this is a thing. Fair enough. Would have been great if they had communicated the expiry in the email with the code but hey... nobody's perfect.

What's my recourse here? I'm fearing that Nintendo will simply respond with 'tough shit' but hoping their customer service dept is reasonable and fair.
Ok so apparently this was a Club Nintendo code and they all expired some time ago. I knew that points expired but I had no idea they actually had all codes expire, too. Shitty.

foltzie1

Ok so apparently this was a Club Nintendo code and they all expired some time ago. I knew that points expired but I had no idea they actually had all codes expire, too. Shitty.

You could call Nintendo, they might have some recourse. Point out you never redeemed it and didnt understand the codes themselves expired.

Ask for a supervisor if the first line staff cannot solve the problem.

Worst case scenario, you are still in the same boat.

Top Bottom