• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

tolkir

Week 19 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Island Flight Simulator and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
  • Word Search by POWGI is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
  • Jewel Quest is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1.
  • 99 Moves and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Midnight is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Tap Tap Arcade, Blok Drop U and more games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Heirs of Fate Part II: Realms Collide ($1.99)

• Witch & Hero 2 (Circle Ent. | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 18.
  • 3D Game Collection and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
  • Word Search by POWGI is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
  • 2 Fast 4 Gnomz, AiRace Speed and more from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Soccer Up 3D and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
  • Toys vs. Monsters, Fantasy Pirates and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 5.
  • My Pets is 60 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 5.

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• LEGO Marvel'S Avengers (WB Games)
    All-New, All-Different Doctor Strange Pack (€2.99 | £2.50)

Wii U | Sales

• STEEL RIVALS (nuGAME) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €6.99/£5.99)
  • Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • DuckTales: Remastered (CAPCOM) - €5.99/£4.79 (Ends May 26, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (CAPCOM) - €4.94/£3.95 (Ends May 26, normally €14.99/£11.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends May 26, normally €49.99/£39.99)

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Word Search by POWGI (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends May 19, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (CAPCOM) - €14.99/£12.49 (Ends May 26, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (CAPCOM) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends May 26, normally €24.99/£19.99)
  • Terraria (505 Games) - €14.99/£12.74 (Ends May 26, normally €19.99/£16.99)
  • Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €8.99/£7.49 (Ends May 26, normally €29.99/£24.99)
  • Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (CAPCOM) - €3.99/£3.59 (Ends May 26, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Super Street Fighter IV 3D (CAPCOM) - €7.99/£7.19 (Ends May 26, normally €19.99/£17.99)
  • 2 Fast 4 Gnomz (QubicGames) - €2.99/£2.69 (Ends June 9, normally €4.99/£4.49)
  • AiRace Speed (QubicGames) - €2.39/£2.10 (Ends June 9, normally €3.49/£3.10)
  • AiRace Xeno (Qubic Games) - €1.69/£1.59 (Ends June 9, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Goosebumps: The Game (GameMill) - €15.99/£12.49 (Ends June 13, normally €24.99/£19.99)

uxwGK.png

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Ondore

So 8BIt Hero is being used as the game to spotlight New Releases on the eShop right now.

It's not available in Canada. Way to go, guys.

TheMoon

So 8BIt Hero is being used as the game to spotlight New Releases on the eShop right now.

It's not available in Canada. Way to go, guys.

Someone didn't do their homework and had the manual translated into French or whatever the only requirement for a CAN release is.

This is so embarrassing for devs. Seriously. How does this still happen.

Refyref

Another surprise XSEED sale this week, after PopoloCrois last week. This week it's Unchained Blades, which is 40% off on the Canadian eShop, down to 12$. No idea if it's the same discount on the US eShop.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unchained Blades was a day late and a dollar short. It's a bad dungeon crawler with very light dating sim elements on top. It kept getting delayed and features the cardinal sin of not having the standard nintendo setup for the confirm/cancel buttons.

TheMoon

As someone who has never owned a DS, how was Phantom Hourglass?

Cool game with annoying "return to regularly" dungeon which you needed to venture deeper and deeper into after completing normal dungeons. Replaying the prior floors got annoying and was the main criticism after the divisive stylus-only control scheme (which I found worked wonderfully for the two DS games).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man, what is the BGM playing right now in the WiiU eShop? It's wonderful. I kind of want to purchase whatever game its from...

I used to think about getting Unchained Blades...but I think I'll pass, even for $10.

Phantom Hourglass is fun! I find playing with the stylus relaxing and intuitive. I just replayed it last month.

I got Spirit Tracks recently and blowing into the microphone so much is really annoying, so I probably will just play through it once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I might give in & finally try out Wild Guns after hearing it's getting a new game on PS4. Kind of wanted to wait for a sale, but pretty sure I'll enjoy it considering I like games such as Sin & Punishment, which looks similar based on screenshots.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Next week, Medli will be a free download for both versions of Hyrule Warriors, plus the Wind Waker pack for 3DS which gives you 16 new costumes for My Fairy & a WW themed Adventure Mode map.

Hopefully, this will help me get back into the game, I once again felt burned out trying to do all the Adventure Mode stuff & having replay missions to get items, unlock rewards for unlocked characters, A-ranks, etc.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I need to get back into Hyrule Warriors, it's a game that's easy to get burnt out on long play sessions. I'm just trying to clear Story mode before diving into Adventure Mode deep.

MANUELF

Banned
I returned to Hurule Warriors after getting the Legends DLC code, Im having nightmares with the dont get hit missions on the masterquest map, cant A them

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I quickly found out using the arrows is the best way to deal with the "don't get hit" missions or "every attack is devastating." Made those so much easier.

At the very least, having it portable makes it easier to play it while having something else going on, like a YouTube video or something on TV & having it be a better "pick up, play a mission or two, put back down" experience.

...also, the more I think about trying Wild Guns, the more I wonder if I should just wait to see if it hits New 3DS & if Nintendo's gonna bother with consistency with the SNES games on Wii U & N3DS.........then again, they haven't really done that with NES games.....

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I was browsing the 3DS theme shop and saw a Frozen theme there. It's not my favorite Disney movie, but I couldn't resist... It looks good, and the instrumental version of "Let it go" is nice.

If there's ever an Inside Out theme, I'm totally buying it for me and each of my 3DS-owning friends.

n64coder

Cool game with annoying "return to regularly" dungeon which you needed to venture deeper and deeper into after completing normal dungeons. Replaying the prior floors got annoying and was the main criticism after the divisive stylus-only control scheme (which I found worked wonderfully for the two DS games).

I never understood the criticism of replaying the central dungeon. As the game went on, you got new abilities so you would do the dungeon in a different way. It was neat to discover new techniques to complete it.

Simbabbad

Not sure where to ask, so... if you transfer a new 3DS to another new 3DS with content downloaded to it, do you keep both your old data and the data on the new 3DS? I'm considering buying the Monster Hunter 3DS XL and transferring my current 3DS XL data to it, but obviously I don't want to lose the game.

Robin64

Not sure where to ask, so... if you transfer a new 3DS to another new 3DS with content downloaded to it, do you keep both your old data and the data on the new 3DS? I'm considering buying the Monster Hunter 3DS XL and transferring my current 3DS XL data to it, but obviously I don't want to lose the game.

You'll lose the game in the process, but you'll be able to download it again from the eShop for nothing.

KingWool

Banned
I never understood the criticism of replaying the central dungeon. As the game went on, you got new abilities so you would do the dungeon in a different way. It was neat to discover new techniques to complete it.

I never understood that criticism either; plus you could skip a ton with warps.

As for Spirit Tracks; I loved every minute of it, except when blowing into the mic.

Socreges

Banned
So I really want to play DKC3 on my 3DS. I have a WiiU and could play it there, but would you guys agree it's likely to come to the 3DS?

KingWool

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo has considered doing a release schedule for VC games similiar to that of retail games. Would be nice knowing X game is coming on Y date instead of a week to week mystery.

So I really want to play DKC3 on my 3DS. I have a WiiU and could play it there, but would you guys agree it's likely to come to the 3DS?

I would imagine it would, but it is kind of weird that they released 1 & 2 but not 3. They've yet to announce any other games coming...and with no digital event at E3, who knows =/

With what we know of the emulator from homebrew, its a simple drag and drop ROM process, so there aren't any technical hurdles.

maxcriden

I never understood that criticism either; plus you could skip a ton with warps.

As for Spirit Tracks; I loved every minute of it, except when blowing into the mic.

Wait, which warps were these? Drawing a blank. Oh! You mean the one (I think?) little gold glowy spot where you can save your time up to that point and return there later? I think it's about 1/2way thru.

Just played recently so trying to recall if there was another similar aspect you're referring to.

Wait, which warps were these? Drawing a blank. Oh! You mean the one (I think?) little gold glowy spot where you can save your time up to that point and return there later? I think it's about 1/2way thru.

Just played recently so trying to recall if there was another similar aspect you're referring to.

I think that's what he means. Halfway through the Temple of the Ocean King you can save your time and warp there. I didn't mind that dungeon at all.

My only complaints are blowing into the mic (in Spirit Tracks) and the graphics do leave something to be desired, they're not the best.

Socreges

Banned
It just came out on 3DS in Japan this week, so it's more of a "when" than a "if".
Yeah. Unfortunately some of those 'whens' take a very long time or have still not made it over. Hopefully DKC and DKC2 did well here and Nintendo wants more money.

TheMoon

Most people hate repeating stuff. No matter what it is or how it's handled. That's why backtracking is so often credited against a game.

PtM

Banned
Just when I beat that record in Sm4sh and want to upload a screenshot to Miiverse, those mofos decide to roll out a 3DS update, so no Miiverse until I quit the game and run said update. -_-

TheMoon

Just when I beat that record in Sm4sh and want to upload a screenshot to Miiverse, those mofos decide to roll out a 3DS update, so no Miiverse until I quit the game and run said update. -_-

Yo do know about saving 3 offline posts, right?

TheMoon

Reminder: Tomorrow is a public holiday in Germany so there'll be no NOE eShop PR.

We'll get it on Tuesday.

.................... oO

nintendolife has a mole it seems?

Wii U eShop
PixelJunk Monsters HD (Double Eleven, €8.99 / £6.99) - Originally developed by Q-Games around nine years ago, this title (and the broader PixelJunk series) has been ever-present on PSN (PlayStation Network). Arriving on Wii U is this tower defence entry in which you protect your offspring across 47 different environments.

Wii U DLC
Minecraft: Wii U Edition - The Super Mario Mash-Up Pack (Microsoft, free) - The pack will feature a whole lot of skins, world and item textures, along with music from Super Mario 64. Available from 18th May.

LEGO MARVEL'S Avengers: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pack (WB Games, €2.99 / £2.50)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
Joe's Diner (Joindots, €6.35 / £4.79 until 2nd June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots, €7.19 / £5.39 until 2nd June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Defense Dome (HullBreach Studios, €2.00 / £1.53 until 2nd June, normally €2.99 / £2.29)
SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios, €3.29 / £2.99 until 2nd June, normally €4.49 / £3.99)

3DS eShop
Digger Dan DX (€0.99 / £0.89 introductory price, then €1.99/ £1.79) - An improved version of Digger Dan & Kaboom, as the name suggests you need to manoeuvre through a range of mines and environments while collecting treasure. 100 levels are promised.

3DS Retail Download
Fire Emblem Fates Birthright / Conquest (Nintendo, €44.99/ £39.99 for one version, download the second for €19.99/ £17.99) - Following the vital success of Fire Emblem: Awakening, Intelligent Systems returns with this dual release (along with a third download-only part that's on the way soon), and in addition to a sizeable adventure there are changes to some key mechanics, along with improved and more immersive visuals.

3DS DLC
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 1 (Nintendo, €17.99/ £16.19) - Includes 11 paid maps in total.
Fire Emblem Fates: Before Awakening (Nintendo, free) - Beyond the gate to another world lies the Halidom of Ylisse in this debut free DLC.
Hyrule Warriors Legends: Master Wind Waker Pack (Nintendo, €1.99/ £1.79 or free with season pass) - Includes 16 My Fairy costumes and the 'Master' Wind Waker Map for Adventure Mode.
LEGO MARVEL'S Avengers: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pack (WB Games, €1.99/ £1.69)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia, €7.49 / £6.35 until 9th June, normally €9.99 / £8.49)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB, €3.99 / £3.59 until 26th May, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.49 until 9th June, normally €3.99 / £3.39)
Parascientific Escape Cruise in the Distant Seas (CIRCLE Entertainment, €3.99 / £3.19 until 9th June, normally €4.99 / £3.99)
Petit Novel Series - Harvest December (CIRCLE Entertainment, €7.99 / £6.39 9th June, normally €11.99 / £9.19)
Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 9th June, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
Toy Defence (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 9th June, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Entertainment, €1.99 / £1.69 until 9th June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)
Epic Word Search Collection (Lightwood Games, €5.99 / £4.49 until 2nd June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)
Garfield Kart (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
Lucky Luke & The Daltons (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
Paddington: Adventures in London (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
YAKARI: The Mystery of Four-Seasons (Anuman Interactive, €9.99 / £7.99 until 18th June, normally €29.99 / £24.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 2nd June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 2nd June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots, €4.49 / £2.99 until 2nd June, normally €5.99 / £3.99)
Undead Bowling (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.59 until 2nd June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)
Tiny Games - Knights & Dragons (Reactor, €1.99 / £1.69 until 2nd June, normally €2.99 / £2.49)

3DS HOME Themes
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright (Nintendo, €1.99/ £1.79)
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (Nintendo, €1.99/ £1.79)
Fire Emblem Fates: Two Kingdoms (Nintendo, €1.99/ £1.79 or free with eShop purchases of the game until 16th June)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, that's right, Medli is being released for HW Legends this week for free with the WW Pack. Hopefully that'll get me to play the game again.

....I also just remembered the fact last month, Japan got Picross e7. Wonder how long we'll have to wait for that to hit US/EU.

Top Bottom