• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2016

Socreges

Banned
You could call Nintendo, they might have some recourse. Point out you never redeemed it and didnt understand the codes themselves expired.

Ask for a supervisor if the first line staff cannot solve the problem.

Worst case scenario, you are still in the same boat.
Yeah, I did exactly that on the call this morning. They were obviously trained to feign disappointment and direct people to MyNintendo.

May try again and ask for a supervisor, as you suggest.

maxcriden

Yeah, I did exactly that on the call this morning. They were obviously trained to feign disappointment and direct people to MyNintendo.

May try again and ask for a supervisor, as you suggest.

If the supervisor method doesn't work, it might be because they genuinely don't have a recourse in this situation since Club Nintendo is gone and along with it, potentially any ability for Nintendo CSRs to get full retail codes of those games since they aren't available on MyN at the moment. You might try asking for gold MyN coins or eShop cred given the $20 value of the product, though.

jmizzal

Ok Nintendo download fam I have 2 codes first two to quote me will get your choice of Affordable Space Adventures or Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Nintendo 3DS code from the Humble bundle

I will PM the codes to you

Edit Affordable Space Adventures is gone, so next person will get Shantae for 3DS

SummitAve

Banned
Ok Nintendo download fam I have 2 codes first two to quote me will get your choice of Affordable Space Adventures or Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Nintendo 3DS code from the Humble bundle

I'd like to give Affordable a shot with the gf. Thanks!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meanwhile, in Japan, Mega Man 7 & Mega Man X are now on the New 3DS VC.

............I could see Capcom using those as Mega May releases.

foltzie1

Edit Affordable Space Adventures is gone, so next person will get Shantae for 3DS

I would gladly love to give shantae to the misses.

Meanwhile, in Japan, Mega Man 7 & Mega Man X are now on the New 3DS VC.

............I could see Capcom using those as Mega May releases.

That's what I was thinking... So far, Mega Man badges in Europe and games in Japan... Now it's time for NA to get something. :)

daydream

Banned
apparently steamworld heist got dlc on april 28 and no one noticed?

i found it on the game's eshop page but can't download it. i may need to update the game? it says 'update' on the game page so i'm guessing the reason no one noticed is cause they failed to make the update mandatory upon starting the game

edit: yup, forcing the update via eshop adds a dlc option among other things

Rizzi

Do you think we'll ever see Skyward Sword on the eshop? I've nearly finished Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Need more Zelda. :p

TheMoon

apparently steamworld heist got dlc on april 28 and no one noticed?

i found it on the game's eshop page but can't download it. i may need to update the game? it says 'update' on the game page so i'm guessing the reason no one noticed is cause they failed to make the update mandatory upon starting the game

edit: yup, forcing the update via eshop adds a dlc option among other things

yo daydream, what u doin! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1154612

maxcriden

fair enough but - new thread for new news! as one of the gotys of last year, the dlc release deserved more attention

All you, bro. Go for it.

Do you think we'll ever see Skyward Sword on the eshop? I've nearly finished Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Need more Zelda. :p

Per the datamine leak that brought us news of TPHD's release, yep, one of the best games ever is also coming to the eShop at some point. :)

Rizzi

All you, bro. Go for it.

Per the datamine leak that brought us news of TPHD's release, yep, one of the best games ever is also coming to the eShop at some point. :)

.... Skyward Sword is not one of the best games ever.
Also man, Fierce Deity Link sure does trivialize the final boss of Majora's Mask.
I finally beat Majora's Mask. Yay.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Ahahaha 14€ for Super Meat Boy... GTFO please. And I love the game, own it on more platforms I can count on one hand, would've grabbed it for offtv but I guess not, cray price seriously

Is Dual Destinies DLC Case on sale too?? Please...

maxcriden

.... Skyward Sword is not one of the best games ever.
Also man, Fierce Deity Link sure does trivialize the final boss of Majora's Mask.
I finally beat Majora's Mask. Yay.

Now beat it without FDL! More fun that way. And happy to agree to disagree about Skyward. ☺

TheMoon

Ahahaha 14€ for Super Meat Boy... GTFO please. And I love the game, own it on more platforms I can count on one hand, would've grabbed it for offtv but I guess not, cray price seriously

Is Dual Destinies DLC Case on sale too?? Please...

(3DS) DLC is never on sale.

unless it's a solstice and you're fire emblem dlc

KingWool

Banned
2DS Price Cut, Style Savvy 3 and Disney Magical World 2 confirmed for North America

2DS will cost $79.99 as of May 20, down $20 from its original price ($99.99).

Disney Magical World 2 launches October 14.

Style Savvy: Fashion Forward is finally out August 19

I continue my waiting for Picross 3D 2

maxcriden

2DS Price Cut, Style Savvy 3 and Disney Magical World 2 confirmed for North America

2DS will cost $79.99 as of May 20, down $20 from its original price ($99.99).

Disney Magical World 2 launches October 14.

Style Savvy: Fashion Forward is finally out August 19

I continue my waiting for Picross 3D 2

I'm waiting for BOXBOY! 2. I expect both by October or so, perhaps eShop only. Definitely BOXBOY! 2 sooner rather than later. I hope.

I'm not sure if I'd buy Boxboy 2. I enjoyed the first one a bit, but it's so easy for so long that I don't think I could bear it again. BB2 would need to start basically at World 15 of BB.

Still no news on a Rhythm Heaven release date?

maxcriden

I'm not sure if I'd buy Boxboy 2. I enjoyed the first one a bit, but it's so easy for so long that I don't think I could bear it again. BB2 would need to start basically at World 15 of BB.

Still no news on a Rhythm Heaven release date?

It wasn't too hard for a good chunk of the game, yeah, but it was filled with such charm and joie de vivre that I enjoyed it regardless. :)

No news on RH yet.....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ace Attorney 6 (now subtitled Spirit of Justice) confirmed digital-only for Sept.

....also, man, no news on Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Boxboy 2, or Picross 3D 2?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Probably minimal, but I wonder how much cheaper the 2ds could be without the MK7 pack in even if it's digital.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"You can grab the first three full adventures of Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Trilogy for $17.99, or follow the trio of Phoenix, Apollo Justice, and Athena Cykes in Dual Destinies for $14.99."

Totally recommend those games at those prices, especially when for AA Trilogy, you're getting each game for $6 each.

im_dany

"You can grab the first three full adventures of Phoenix Wright in Ace Attorney Trilogy for $17.99, or follow the trio of Phoenix, Apollo Justice, and Athena Cykes in Dual Destinies for $14.99."

Totally recommend those games at those prices, especially when for AA Trilogy, you're getting each game for $6 each.

I'm going to buy DD for when I complete the trilogy, but it sucks that they never added DS games on 3DS eShop since AA4 is still close to full price everywhere. Unless I find a cheap copy I'll have to skip it :/

Phoenixus

I like the game of Phantom Hourglass, but I hate the stylus controls.

Usually the other way around lol, I personally don't mind the Temple of the Ocean King but I can see why most hate it. Spirit Tracks is far superior though, best overworld music in the entire series and the only real minus points being more linear in exploration and the flute controls.

L~A

Usually the other way around lol, I personally don't mind the Temple of the Ocean King but I can see why most hate it. Spirit Tracks is far superior though, best overworld music in the entire series and the only real minus points being more linear in exploration and the flute controls.

I also preferred ST, though that may be because I played it first, and I just love trains. Also had no trouble with controls or the Temple of the Ocean King.

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Disney Art Academy – In the Disney Art Academy game, discover your inner artist to capture the stunning visuals of more than 80 Disney and Pixar characters. With advice and lessons inspired by Disney art and Pixar animations, learn to use a bundle of different drawing tools to create Elsa and Olaf from Disney Frozen, emotions from Disney/Pixar Inside Out, Mickey Mouse and more classic characters. You can even share your creations with your friends by posting directly to Miiverse or social media!

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Super Meat Boy – Super Meat Boy is a tough-as-nails platformer set in haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself in a quest to save your girlfriend from an evil fetus in a jar. And if 300+ single-player levels weren’t enough, the game also throws in epic boss fights, tons of unlockable secrets, warp zones and hidden characters from other popular indie games. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Virtual Console on Wii U

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass – Many months after the events of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Link must return to the open seas and solve the mystery of the Ghost Ship. Explore neighboring islands for useful items, such as the Phantom Hourglass, and solve innovative puzzles by using intuitive touch-screen controls.

New DLC:

Minecraft: Wii U Edition – Super Mario Mash-Up Pack – After downloading this free update, players who own the Minecraft: Wii U Edition digital game, which launched last December, will have immediate access to new skins, a Super Mario-themed pre-made world and a set of Super Mario-themed music and item textures. All this new content is inspired by games in the iconic Super Mario series, such as Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.
Fire Emblem Fates – New DLC Map – II: Realms Collide – The youths of Nohr must assist a wild dragon. Part 2 of Heirs of Fate is now available for $1.99.
Fire Emblem Fates – Map Pack 2 DLC – Across dimensions, other versions of the Hoshidan and Nohrian children are under attack. Born and raised in the Deeprealms, these fledgling warriors must now rise up to save themselves and their parents as they unravel the mystery of their adversaries. In this six-map series, units leveled up in the main game cannot lend support. Devise a strategy using a fresh team and reap the rewards, but only if all of your units survive. You can receive all six maps as they are released by purchasing Map Pack 2 for only $7.99.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

99 Moves (Wii U), Soccer Up 3D (Nintendo 3DS) and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
3D Game Collection (Nintendo 3DS), Island Flight Simulator (Wii U) and more games from JoinDots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.
Word Search by POWGI (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 19.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Tap Tap Arcade, Blok Drop U and more games from RCMADIAX are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
Midnight is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
Jewel Quest is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 1.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Toys vs. Monsters, Fantasy Pirates and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 5.
My Pets is 60 percent off (reduced from $24.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 5.
2 Fast 4 Gnomz, AiRace Speed and more from Qubic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 2.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 18.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:
Pokémon Radiant Collection
Pokémon Red and Blue
Pokémon: Here Comes Ash-Greninja

Also new this week:

Wordsup! Academy (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Witch & Hero 2 – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
8-Bit Hero (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Color Symphony 2 (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Tachyon Project (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Queens Garden (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Anyone know if the Mario Minecraft update is actually available today or if it's not till the 17th as per the initial announcement?

My friend is home all day and fiending to her hands on the Mario stuff.

L~A

Yup, but they usually specify the date. Usually. Usually...

Anyone know if the Mario Minecraft update is actually available today or if it's not till the 17th as per the initial announcement?

My friend is home all day and fiending to her hands on the Mario stuff.

Tuesday afternoon for North America / Wednesday morning for EU (same time obviously, but timezones ftw).

Robin64

Tempted by Super Meat Boy. Only had it on 360, and I've since sold that.

Do we know if it has any of the newer features? PC got some extra bits like Captain Viridian from VVVVVV, Steve from Minecraft, and a whole new world of user levels.

(I am assuming not, to be safe)

n64coder

I like the game of Phantom Hourglass, but I hate the stylus controls.

I enjoyed the game and I didn't mind the stylus controls. I appreciate Nintendo trying new ideas out. I did Super Mario 64 with stylus controls as a lefty (I'm a righty). That took a bit getting used to but after a few hours, I was a master.

Top Bottom