• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Neifirst

Yup, this isn't a Nintendo Direct and the way the select games to be presented there reflects this. I'm expecting Xenoblade X to show up in trailer form only, finally debuting English VO and then English gameplay at Treehouse live for the first time.

If Nintendo really wanted to hype up Xenoblade X, they'll reveal Doll amiibo. I'm still hopeful for Star Fox puppet amiibo too.

Finalow

interested in the (return of the) championships, not much in the rest.

v9SCd0y.png
my Kappa is ready

I mean body

-Horizon-

I can't imagine the smash direct taking that long. What is there to show, a few DLC characters, a couple of stages, pricing, update changes, sakurai draining the souls of the people who let the leak happen.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to introduce the Heihachi, Jacky and Akira costumes. Those were the weirdest things about the leak really
and honestly makes me want to buy Mii costumes for the first time

Rehynn

Nintendo should hire From Software to make a Metroid game.

People should stop acting like you can throw From at anything and get good results. Sure, they discovered (well, sorta) a basic formula that some people enjoy, and have been milking it without any dramatic changes ever since, but that does not mean that they can make a good Metroid or Zelda. Making a hard Metroid game is not difficult at all (hell, if enemies in Zelda were more agressive and did more damage people would think they're playing a Souls game), and it also does not guarantee that the game will be good.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I have been hoping for Nintendo to launch the E3 2015 press site, but nothing has shown up yet. Last year they enabled the press site five days prior to the Digital Event. I just got a 403 Forbidden from http://media.nintendo.com/pressroom/E32015/ though, and that hasn't happened in a while (haven't gotten that response, only 404, since several weeks back). It's random though, so you may get both 404s and 403s.

I'll keep an eye on it and as I have access to the press site I'll post if any details emerge from there as well.

maxcriden

Yea Yoshi won't be in the Digital Event. That's gonna be on Treehouse only, safe bet, I'd say.

Especially as it was in the Japanese Direct two weeks ago and has had significant Twitter and Youtube coverage over the past two weeks.

Since they're pushing the Digital Event internationally, we'll only see fleeting bits of it and Xenoblade, if they're in it at all

I'd be surprised if they put this in the Digital Event, other than in some sort of "other upcoming games" reel.

Just about everything is known about the Yoshi game now, since the marketing for both NoE and Japan is well on the way. Many journalists have already played the full game. And they did the reveal in last year's Digital Event, as well as having a playable demo at E3.

Yup, this isn't a Nintendo Direct and the way the select games to be presented there reflects this. I'm expecting Xenoblade X to show up in trailer form only, finally debuting English VO and then English gameplay at Treehouse live for the first time.

You guys seem pretty sure! Especially you, Moon. 😃

I mean, I hope you're right and that they get minimal exposure in the Direct because so much info is out there already about both, but given that both are significant releases for Nintendo this year I'm just trying to temper my expectations a bit in case they take up more of the show than I'm hoping for. I'd think we'd at least get brief glimpses or trailers of both in the Direct so they can announce release dates, but maybe those will just come elsewhere in the show. Either way, here are the emotions I hope to feel during the Direct, presented in Emoji form: 🎮🎌🎄🎅

TheMoon

You guys seem pretty sure! Especially you, Moon. 😃

I mean, I hope you're right and that they get minimal exposure in the Direct because so much info is out there already about both, but given that both are significant releases for Nintendo this year I'm just trying to temper my expectations a bit in case they take up more of the show than I'm hoping for. I'd think we'd at least get brief glimpses or trailers of both in the Direct so they can announce release dates, but maybe those will just come elsewhere in the show. Either way, here are the emotions I hope to feel during the Direct, presented in Emoji form: 🎮🎌🎄🎅

Well, I'm just going by how they handled the D.E. last year and covering Yoshi again doesn't fit. If this were a regular Nintendo Direct I'd say the opposite, for example.

Red Hood

Banned
Fuck it, I'm not doing anything right now, might as well watch the stream. Here's hoping it's more than just Roy and Ryu.

Xenoboy

I don't think either that Yoshi will show up. Last year they had MP10 outside of the D.E and there isn't much to say about it during the D.E this time. They already went to the yarn shop, how could they outdo that?

Volotaire

Didn't see this in the OP, but here's a website that auto-detects your timezone and displays the E3 schedule in your time.

https://www.igdb.com/e3

Sorry if it was already posted somewhere in this thread.

I'll add it, but this thread is more to reconcile all the events (and their individual threads/events) rather than just the Nintendo Digital event itself (which will be done by BY2K). Moreover, this thread does not concern the other E3 conferences. This link is better inserted in Rosti's thread (which covers all conferences).

Thanks though, very useful!

Red Hood

Banned
Fuck it, I'm not doing anything right now, might as well watch the stream. Here's hoping it's more than just Roy and Ryu.

I don't like third-party characters in Smash, but I gotta admit, Ryu looked pretty damn awesome. Soundtrack brought memories back as well.

maxcriden

Well, I'm just going by how they handled the D.E. last year and covering Yoshi again doesn't fit. If this were a regular Nintendo Direct I'd say the opposite, for example.

Oh, yeah, I see what you mean, that certainly does make sense. Here's hoping!

I don't think either that Yoshi will show up. Last year they had MP10 outside of the D.E and there isn't much to say about it during the D.E this time. They already went to the yarn shop, how could they outdo that?

Yeah, that is hard to imagine. Speaking of which, I'm so glad we're getting real Yarn Yoshis!

kirby_fox

Banned
Do we have direct links yet for where to watch after it's over? I unfortunately have work tomorrow morning and won't be able to watch it until much later.

Volotaire

Do we have direct links yet for where to watch after it's over? I unfortunately have work tomorrow morning and won't be able to watch it until much later.

Check the Spoiler Free Thread for archived links http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060231

There is going to be a Nintendo stream as part of Twitch's E3 coverge from 2:30 PM-3:00 PM PT today (so 2 1/2 hours after the Youtube stream with Geoff)

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/610507080072568832

bfKxolo.jpg

Will add thanks/

Top Bottom