• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Malus

This has been a busy day for my ignore list lol. People need to get a grip.

Anyways, e3 coming up motivated me to finally finish the last challenges for Kirby Rainbow Curse. JUST ONE MORE.

bms2993

Banned
how to win E3

1. Trailer for PROJECT HAMMER
2. Paper Mario TYD Remake CGI Trailer
3. Announcement of F-Zero Kickstarter

Time to bet my NeoGAF membership. There will be a new Paper Mario game revealed tomorrow. If there is not, I will be banned. Mods, take me up on this.

Yes I know I said I can't predict Nintendo but... why not?

Something I don't get is why that Platinum employee was hyping Transformers so much. He said we'd cry tears and be seeing red. I'm not expecting a nintendo Platinum game tomorrow but man, wtf was up with that.

seriously I have less trust in PG right now
I like Transformers but I'll have to wait and see how deep the game is, the hype was leaked and made the reveal kinda meh

I hope it is not the fact that WiiU is snubbed yet again talking :p

Rising 2 got Denied by Konami?

I hope this game works for them but really they got more love with Nintendo so hope they do have a project funded by Iwata

Haven't kept up with Nintendo side, has there been any talk, mentions, or worthwhile rumors of anything Metroid related for tomorrow? Only hopes?

The Blast Ball game played at the Nintendo World Championships has a striking resemblance to Metroid Prime Hunters, so many are thinking it's a multiplayer mode for that game. Other than that, yes, just hopes.

Fandangox

Haven't kept up with Nintendo side, has there been any talk, mentions, or worthwhile rumors of anything Metroid related for tomorrow? Only hopes?

People think yesterday's Blastball reveal was a stealth Metroid announcement, but aside from that there's really nothing.

Neiteio

I'm thinking Blast Ball might be the Metroid attraction in a 3DS Nintendo Land with online and amiibo support.

It would explain the chibi-style art direction. Those GF troopers were 2 cute 4 me.

Drago

Man, I know this has been the story for most of the generation, but "Nintendo" or "Wii U" or even "3DS" not being uttered once in any of the third party conferences is kind of amazing. The closest we got was the Pipboy (sp?) app in the Bethseda conference having a homage to Donkey Kong.
Well... Just Dance 2016 was announced for WiiU at least.
lol

Haines

Banned
I didn't think it was possible, but Sony's conference has killed any excitement I had for Nintendo tomorrow. I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through but man, even a new Metroid would fall flat compared to the scale of those megatons.

Nintendo is not going to be sleeping at the wheel.

Nintendo has been very aggressive lately. I would expect a big showing tommorow of great software.

Schnozberry

how to win E3

This comment made me laugh pretty hard, but it seems everybody else took it seriously and not as a shot at Sony's fan service announcements.

The same people barely containing their erections today will likely make snide comments tomorrow about Nintendo's nostalgia targeted games.

My brain says this event is going to be a little lackluster, but my heart believes that they will show the trilogy of gaming with Zelda wii u, Metroid, and a new 3d Mario.

Exile20

Well I watched both presentations and they were pretty nice.

Nintendo will have to come big to even come close.
With zero backup from third parties I am not sure if they can do it.
There is just so much resource you can have against other platforms with this much third party support.

Bamboo Boy

Neo Member
how to win E3

HAH, I get the joke. But seriously, I hope that when I woke up tomorrow people had enough of talking about Sony conference here just to compare with the incoming Nintendo Digital Event and this thread is again on the hype train.

Malus

Well I watched both presentations and they were pretty nice.

Nintendo will have to come big to even come close.
With zero backup from third parties I am not sure if they can do it.
There is just so much resource you can have against other platforms with this much third party support.

I mean, you could say this about any Nintendo e3. Everybody loved the last one even still.

guek

Banned
Part of me thinks in retrospect that they should have saved the Mother 1 announcement for the digital event. It would have been incredibly hype. A Mother 3 announcement would have a similar effect to FF7/Shenmue

RagnarokX

Sure you can make that yourself in Super Mario Maker

Super Mario Maker looks amazing but its creation tools definitely won't be able to pull of a lot of what NSMBU did; that game had too much level-specific stuff and more dynamic props. Hell, the game doesn't even appear to have slopes.

I'm expecting Super Mario 3D World DLC, though.

Doorman

Sony showed off a lot of cool looking games at their presser. Good for them! Granted a lot of the more hyped releases (Horizon, TLG, Uncharted, Dreams, FFVII-R, Shenmue 3, etc etc) are all things we'll likely be seeing again at E3 2016, but that's not a bad thing either as long as they have another similar announcement or two next year. A mix of both present and future titles is, I think, the best way to go about it.

I doubt that Nintendo has anything up their sleeve in terms of pure press-oogle-factor that will top what was shown off tonight, but there will still be plenty of solid games. It's just odd that for once we're going into it with already a decently solid idea of what the mid to late-year lineup looks like. I have my own pie in the sky wishing that could be done for Digital Event announcements, but my actual expectations are much more conservative, not that that's terrible either so long as the final games themselves turn out to be good.

...I will say I'm still very concerned about what Star Fox will end up being, though. I haven't felt very encouraged by the bits and pieces that were spoken about how they were setting it up last year.

he said "Wii" tho LOL

he did not say "Wii U" which kind made me cringe
I am sure that is the only game Ubi would put on Wii U still at least say it right

If my memory is correct, the original Wii version was actually the best selling one of the last edition, believe it or not.

Speaking of Wii (original), is it getting Fifa again? It got it last year, and Wii U didnt. I believe it's because EA is required to release the game on all consoles, as per their FIFA license, and I get since Wii U is compatible it counts.

Honestly, Nintendo just needs a Paper Mario like 64 or TTYD and I will be happy. Anything else will be a bonus. A new IP like Splatoon would be an amazing bonus.

Hatchtag

Banned
IMO, for tomorrow:
-To top EA, they would have to show up
-To top Microsoft, they would have to show one game I have even slight interest in that isn't a port
-To top Ubisoft, they would have to show two games I have interest in
-To top Sony, they would have to somehow find three games fans have wanted for nearly a decade and reveal them all during the same show. Even if they had both Metroid and F-Zero, I don't think they'd be able to do it.

AGITΩ

Project Treasure won't be there. They just uploaded a trailer that said more information summer, not E3.

FE IF won't have that much time spent since it was in the last direct. SMT: FE is too Japanese and too far away to have significant time devoted to it. Pokemon Z if it happens won't have five minutes. Finally Devil's Third will probably get a mention at most.

I'm not expecting more bombs but your times are way off.
Let me enjoy the taste of my own salt soup this time.

Vena

IMO, for tomorrow:
-To top Sony, they would have to somehow find three games fans have wanted for nearly a decade and reveal them all during the same show. Even if they had both Metroid and F-Zero, I don't think they'd be able to do it.

Don't forget, they have to make fans pay for one of them.

NeoXChaos

Can Nintendo top Sony tommorow?

Nintendo can announce Super Mario Galaxy 3, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero Wii U, Diddy Kong Racing 2, Mario Kart DLC 16 New Tracks, Snake DLC for Smash, Kirby Adeventure Wii U, Pokemon MMO etc

could that win it for them lol?

guek

Banned
I doubt that Nintendo has anything up their sleeve in terms of pure press-oogle-factor that will top what was shown off tonight, but there will still be plenty of solid games.

Thing is, Nintendo doesn't give two shits about the gaming enthusiast press anymore. And rightfully so, in my opinion. There is no possible way they "win" E3 as far as the press is concerned. The NWC and their last few E3s have really displayed how much they're catering to their fans though. That's their best hope.

HAH, I get the joke. But seriously, I hope that when I woke up tomorrow people had enough of talking about Sony conference here just to compare with the incoming Nintendo Digital Event and this thread is again on the hype train.

Sorry but Sony's conference was the greatest of all time. Nintendo fans shouldn't even expect to compare it to whatever Nintendo does.

KingBroly

Banned
IMO, for tomorrow:
-To top EA, they would have to show up
-To top Microsoft, they would have to show one game I have even slight interest in that isn't a port
-To top Ubisoft, they would have to show two games I have interest in

Well...what are you interested in?

I'd list my E3 of Dreams List, but it'd be probably be too much for people.

thefro

"Winning" the e3 conference war is pretty irrelevant considering Wii U isn't going to magically start outselling PS4 outside of Japan.

The Last Guardian and announcing a Shenmue 3 Kickstarter are cool for diehard fans, but those games aren't going to be moving consoles or selling in large numbers. Donkey Kong Country Returns has sold more than both Team ICO games and both Shenmue games combined. FF7 remake is a big deal even if it's a timed exclusive, but who knows when that will actually come out.

Nintendo just needs to have a good show and have a lot of great playable games in their booth.

I didn't think it was possible, but Sony's conference has killed any excitement I had for Nintendo tomorrow. I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through but man, even a new Metroid would fall flat compared to the scale of those megatons.

Ditto.

Sony showed just how much it actually cares about its audience. That shit was damn near magical.

Nintendo's getting there....slowly, but surely. I want to care about their conference tomorrow but.... ya know.

I'll just check out Star Fox to see what they're doing with it.

Can Nintendo top Sony tommorow?

Nintendo can announce Super Mario Galaxy 3, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero Wii U, Diddy Kong Racing 2, Mario Kart DLC 16 New Tracks, Snake DLC for Smash, Kirby Adeventure Wii U, Pokemon MMO etc

could that win it for them lol?

Don't forget a Nintendo tied-in Megaman game...

AdanVC

The conference was very similar to Nintendo Direct of January 2013.

At that Direct we heard about Mario, Smash, Kart, Wind Waker HD, Yoshi and Xenoblade. There was extreme excitement/hype for the health of the Wii U, but the entirely of 2013 was essentially nothing.

"Winning" is silly, but if Nintendo can give firm dates to titles for the next 6 months to holiday/early 2016, surely that's what we want to hear. Especially when keeping in mind they are working on the NX.

I don't get why you folks are talking about Sony, Nintendo wanted to focus on games which are released this year.

This is a good point to consider. Even if Sony dropped some huge megatons today, all of those games (except Uncharted 4) are coming at least on holiday 2016 and that if they are not delayed. FF7 remake is literally going to be a PS5 launch title considering the guy directing it is also directing Kingdom Hearts 3. Sony didn't announce an exclusive game for this holiday season and Nintendo especifically mentioned how the Digital Event will be focused on games releasing this year and beyond so Nintendo may not be "winning" E3 by melting GAF servers like Sony did today but they could have an awesome holiday season because at least is going to have actual exclusives this fall. And they have to since there's zero third party support but y'all get the idea.

I get the feeling Nintendo is going to announce some big Capcom collaborations. Signs keep pointing to it. I can see the next Megaman being announced, as well as Capcom vs Nintendo.

Exile20

I mean, you could say this about any Nintendo e3. Everybody loved the last one even still.

Last E3 the other two just got started and everything was 2015-2016 now we are in 2015 and they came out strong.

Some big names were thrown around.

Don't get me wrong I am excited about tomorrow but there is just so much one platform holder can do.

Top Bottom