• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Hatchtag

Banned
Don't forget, they have to make fans pay for one of them.

everyone in the room knew it was going to be funded the second it was announced

Well...what are you interested in?

I'd list my E3 of Dreams List, but it'd be probably be too much for people.

I'm interested in a pretty broad amount of genres and IPs. But the only game announced during MS, EA and Ubisoft's conferences to grab my attention was the new South Park game.

kunonabi

I didn't think it was possible, but Sony's conference has killed any excitement I had for Nintendo tomorrow. I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through but man, even a new Metroid would fall flat compared to the scale of those megatons.

I'm sure Nintendo is going to have a lot of nice stuff and I'm going to buy most of it but yea Shenmue III has mostly ended e3 for me. The rest of the Sony conference didn't do anything for me personally but I don't think anyone can really argue against the big 3 announcements.

L Thammy

Can Nintendo top Sony tommorow?

Nintendo can announce Super Mario Galaxy 3, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero Wii U, Diddy Kong Racing 2, Mario Kart DLC 16 New Tracks, Snake DLC for Smash, Kirby Adeventure Wii U, Pokemon MMO etc

could that win it for them lol?

In order to top Sony, they'd have to announce multiple titles that have been desired for years and had hopes for totally crushed. I don't think there are enough of those in Nintendo's library, and they obviously don't have the third party support for it.

What we should hope for is a good conference with nice surprises. I think that's entirely within their power.

Griss

Man, it felt good to be on the winning team last year, but I can't see a repeat championship. Sony have earned it though. E3 is all about style and sizzle over substance, and they brought that in spades.

Nintendo will have to go full January 2013 and start revealing things that are 3 years off and wildly ambitious to have any chance of competing. The question is: Just how much do they want to retain that championship belt? Making good games, making profits... NONE of these matter as much as winning E3. It's time.

-Horizon-

Sony's E3 was a really hype conference but... underneath the hype what did you actually get? Almost none of what they showed is coming out this year. FF7R is not coming out any time soon and is not console exclusive. Shenmue is a Kickstarter.

I'm not crapping on it, I think it was an amazing presentation. I'm just saying... games that I can play (soon) matter more to me. FF7R might as well be called KH3 or FFXV.

But yeah, super interested to see what Nintendo does. I have some ideas but its Nintendo...
i have no ideas :(
I'm still waiting on Gravity Rush 2 :(

giphy.gif
Hey, let me have this moment to make a bad joke. Ubi got a full hour.

Umibozu

Todays conferences took most of the wind out of my sail for tomorrows direct.
I want nintendo to bring the big guns but now I'm worried if they have the ammunition. :(

Roo

Nintendo could announce Luigi's Mansion 3, Punch-Out U, Animal Crossing U, Mario Strikers Charged U and more Smash DLC, but IMO, the only Nintendo IPs left able to draw the same attention and have the same HOLY SHIT factor as Shenmue, TLG and FF7 are Zelda, Metroid and F-Zero

I also think the X company won E3 argument is stupid but as someone else said in this thread, the whole point of E3 is the media exposure, awareness, word of mouth, good impressions, positive press overall and Nintendo really needs that.

guek

Banned
In order to top Sony, they'd have to announce multiple titles that have been desired for years and had hopes for totally crushed. I don't think there are enough of those in Nintendo's library, and they obviously don't have the third party support for it.

Metroid Prime 4

F-Zero

Megaman Legends 3

Mother 3

They could do it. It's possible. Exceptionally unlikely, but so were Sony's big surprises. I still think Nintendo will have a great showing tomorrow regardless.

Malus

Nintendo needs to shut down all press on Zelda U for the next 7 years, and rereveal it at e3 2022. They'll win e3 for sure.

Ansatz

Are you guys kidding me.

Metroid Prime 4 (Wii U, Retro Studios)
Zelda U Trailer
Super Mario Galaxy 3 (Wii U, EAD Tokyo)

That's enough to beat any trifecta. This is the gaming trifecta.

IMO, for tomorrow:
-To top EA, they would have to show up
-To top Microsoft, they would have to show one game I have even slight interest in that isn't a port
-To top Ubisoft, they would have to show two games I have interest in
-To top Sony, they would have to somehow find three games fans have wanted for nearly a decade and reveal them all during the same show. Even if they had both Metroid and F-Zero, I don't think they'd be able to do it.
Yall are crazy, they had an extremely awesome conference not gonna lie, but If I see some metroid and starfox thats game to me. Id Take any classic Nintendo IP over Final fantasy or shenmue. They would probably win the internets tho

Astral Dog

Sony was a great event for people that like games, period. FF7 was a classic, Shenmue 3 is finally happening and The Last Guardian resurrected from the dead, there is no point in comparing as Nintendo already "lost".

Still,whenever this means Nintendo has a good or bad conference doesnt really matter, they still can announce some interesting titles they just wont steal the show, the Wii U has never done that anyways.

Im still cautious, but mostly because they wont show Zelda, today conference changes nothing.

I just want to see something from Retro and the Star Fox game. Beyond that I think we will get a Next Level Games reveal and Animal Crossing Wii U as well. There will be one big Nintendo x 3rd-Party collaboration as well.

My greater hopes and long shot predictions are new series from Alpha Dream and Camelot (Golden Sun needs to be put to rest) and Diddy Kong Racing from Monster Games.

vareon

Sony's was a new year's eve party: Fireworks, loud, very fun, everyone likes it.

Nintendo was a family dinner event: good laughter, warm, with close relatives.

Microsoft's was like attending your boss's daughter's wedding I guess.

They all can be fun. Hail E3.

Peléo

Nintendo normally does not show games unless they are close to release. I don´t expect anything after first quarter of 2016.

This is one of the first Nintendo Directs I have my expectations low. Besides Mother 3 and a revival of Nazo No Murasame, there is not a franchise that would do much for me at the moment. I hope they bring something new, Splatoon-esque.

KingBroly

Banned
If they announce Mother 3 tomorrow, I'd seriously be stunned. Especially after Earthbound 0 got released yesterday. I mean, when Itoi showed up on screen yesterday I thought it was Mother 3.

But, a new F-Zero (maybe even GX in HD w/online) and a new Metroid that sheds the filth that is Other M would go a long way for a lot of people.

L Thammy

Nintendo could announce Luigi's Mansion 3, Punch-Out U, Animal Crossing U, Mario Strikers Charged U and more Smash DLC, but IMO, the only Nintendo IPs left able to draw the same attention and have the same HOLY SHIT factor as Shenmue, TLG and FF7 are Zelda, Metroid and F-Zero

F-Zero I'll give. Metroid I think is kind of a stretch considering that the franchise was at least alive last gen, so it's not so unexpected for it to appear again. Unless they announce the next mainline Zelda or something like that, it's hard for it to compare, because there's always going to be another Zelda.

Something like Punch Out Wii would be a better example. A sequel to an old favourite that hasn't been around for a long while.

Thing is, Nintendo doesn't give two shits about the gaming enthusiast press anymore. And rightfully so, in my opinion. There is no possible way they "win" E3 as far as the press is concerned. The NWC and their last few E3s have really displayed how much they're catering to their fans though. That's their best hope.
Basically what Sony did this time, although not as well done as Nintendo. I want to get even more hyped from Nintendo's event.

guek

Banned
Peléo;168209332 said:
Nintendo normally does not show games unless they are close to release. I don´t expect anything after first quarter of 2016.

E3 has always been a bit of an exception though. They tend to have a few surprise faraway projects, some imminent releases, and one or two completely unexpected releases that could be either right around the corner or years off.

Malus

Peléo;168209332 said:

This is one of the first Nintendo Directs I have my expectations low. Besides Mother 3 and a revival of Nazo No Murasame, there is not a franchise that would do much for me at the moment. I hope they bring something new, Splatoon-esque.

Zelda last year. Xenoblade X. FExSMT. Bayo 2.

IMO, for tomorrow:
-To top Microsoft, they would have to show one game I have even slight interest in that isn't a port
-To top Sony, they would have to somehow find three games fans have wanted for nearly a decade and reveal them all during the same show. Even if they had both Metroid and F-Zero, I don't think they'd be able to do it.

going by this Nintendo comes in Second

here is a list of things that could work:
Twilight Princess HD
Mother 3 remake
Pokemon Wii U RPG

all I wanted was Animal Crossing U so they come in Second
since Super Mario Maker, Yoshi WW are already buys
add Star Fox to the list

I seriously hope Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie watched how much ass Sony kicked tonight
maybe it will force a Zelda U or even force a push for Smash DLC we would not have gotten without a desperate Nintendo

IMO, for tomorrow:

You know, I read this forum incessantly, and until a few days ago I don't think I even realized an FF7 remake had the same notorious reputation for vapourware as The Last Guardian or Shenmue III. It's only this week that I've seen it talked about as if it were part of some holy trinity. But you're right: there isn't much from Nintendo that falls into the category of "long awaited, never delivered"—and the games that do fit the bill, like Mother 3 or Metroid Dread/Prime 4, are very deep in the Nintendo core, and they probably aren't going to bring back anyone who left Nintendo and hasn't already come back.

I say that as someone who feels quite confident Metroid will be present in some form.

Well, if miracles are happening for someone anyway, dear God do I ever want Viewtiful Joe 3.

Hatchtag

Banned
Yall are crazy, they had an extremely awesome conference not gonna lie, but If I see some metroid and starfox thats game to me. Id Take any classic Nintendo IP over Final fantasy or shenmue. They would probably win the internets tho

I think it's cause Nintendo has skipped long periods of times with IPs before. Metroid skipped N64, Star Fox skipped Wii. F-Zero regularly get referenced despite being gone since the Gamecube. Earthbound skipped N64. We can safely assume most their IPs will return some day. With Shenmue and TLG, we really, really could've assumed those would never happen.

Ansatz

No new Platinum game was announced today and that Transformers game looks like a small project so it's only Scalebound that we know off and that's Kamiya's game. That means there's a high chance we'll see a third Nintendo funded Platinum game tomorrow right?

Top Bottom