• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

weekev

Banned
So....based on Sonys conference.

Mother 3
Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Dread
Starfox
Yoshi
Xenoblade
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Diddy Kong Racing 2
Waluigis new game
Super Mario Maker
Half Life 3U
Yooka Laylee
Zelda U (we were only kidding its out in November)
Luigis Mansion 3
Eternal Darkness 2
Fatal Frame
Devils Third
Beyond good and evil 2
Ice climbers free download character pack for smash
Tons of new Splatoon content launching right now.
4 new IPs from Nintendo garage

Nintendo will "win" in my mind if they announced a decent 2015 lineup for both the 3DS and Wii U.

Im struggling to think of five games total coming out this year.

Congratulations they won. Seriously this is their most stacked Wii U lineup ever in terms of numbers:

Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly World
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Devil's Third
Fatal Frame V
Star Fox

The only thing that Nintendo could announce that would put their video above Sony's is Metroid Prime 4. Man, if that game was announced and looked as pretty as some of the stuff we've seen today and have remote and nunchuk support, I'd fraggin' dance the jig.

Since this isn't gonna happen, I don't have to worry about that.

Not Eternal Darkness 2 or Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Personally, a new Advance Wars would have me over the edge.

Oh, and let me throw a prediction into the hat:
Animal Crossing U
Wario World U
Mario Tennis U
Wii Music U
Giftpia 3DS
Kirby Tilt and Tumble U/3DS
Mario and friends in some 3rd Party game

Im expecting something like this

Nintendo E3 2015:

-Info about the upcoming splatoon patch.

-Mario maker info.

-Yoshi woolly world

-Blast Ball

-Starfox.

-Fire emblem.

-Indies.

-Fatal Frame.

-Devil's Third

-SMT x FE

-Virtual console.

-Project Treasure

-Project Giant Robot.

-New game.

-New game

Thats enough for 45 minutes right ?

Nintendo needs to announce a game that isn't coming out for several years, isn't even funded yet, and isn't exclusive, show a trailer for a game that was announced years ago and was completly ignored and another video of a remake of a game that's not exclusive at all.

I'm sure they'll manage

Thats how you sell consoles nowadays. ^^

I really need Horizon though.

Lots of fanservice in Sony's E3 conference, it was great. Personally, the only game announced that actually amazed me for a reason other than "existing" was No Man's Sky. When he panned out to show how large the sandbox is, phew.

If Nintendo does what they did last year and show multiple games I actually will buy, I don't really care if they "lose". I already have a Wii U, they don't need to sell me on it anymore than they have. Just keep supporting the thing and I'm happy.

guek

Banned
Something I don't get is why that Platinum employee was hyping Transformers so much. He said we'd cry tears and be seeing red. I'm not expecting a nintendo Platinum game tomorrow but man, wtf was up with that.

emb

Nintendo knocked it out of the park with the world championship. A kinda hype surprise announcement, tons of nostalgia and good times. Sony and Microsoft both had good shows this year.

If Ninty can nail the digital event tomorrow, this could easily be the best E3 I've ever seen.

Neiteio

Ehh... to be honest, unless you have serious nostalgia/attachment for TLG and FFVII and Shenmue 3 (all of these titles are pinned on nostalgia)... you'd have the same reaction as Jeff did on GB and as I am having now.

It's all dubious pie-in-sky bullshit.
TLG, FFVII-R and Shenmue 3 are exciting because they've been requested for years. You're right we don't know how they'll pan out at this point. Although TLG looks like it's shaping up well. It was great to see them go with a pure gameplay demonstration.

Honestly, I think the Game of the Show so far is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Pixar's Brave meets Jurassic Park meets Monster Hunter meets robots!

-Horizon-

Something I don't get is why that Platinum employee was hyping Transformers so much. He said we'd cry tears and be seeing red. I'm not expecting a nintendo Platinum game tomorrow but man, wtf was up with that.
That was just platinum being platinum. I wouldn't look too much into it.

EDarkness

Prime 4 isn't going to happen, maybe, but the next Metroid game will be announced. All signs are pointing to it. I even just remembered how Reggie wore a Metroid pin in that video not too long ago. It's happening, but I think it'll be a 2.5D game.

Yeah. Probably. I have no interest in a 2.5D game, which is why I said it probably wasn't gonna happen. So my jig dancing is safe. Nothing else they could talk about would be all that interesting to me. Especially another Mario game. I doesn't matter, really. I'll be there tomorrow at noon EST to see what's what. Heh, heh.

I using an average Gaffer as a metric measure. Of course people enjoy different games and therefore some may not understand the trio's appeal. And different people will enjoy different conferences , etc, etc.

Nintendo will continue to give Nintendo fans (the majority of them ) what they want to see. And that is solid Nintendo content. Outside of that, they won't be convincing many other users with other games. And that has been the trend for years. Nintendo produce the Digital Event which is aimed at Nintendo fans/consumers. The concept of the Digital Event excludes a large proportion of non- Nintendo given the appeal of the recoreded video.

This, they are looking to sell a lot to their core instead of looking for a bigger audience at this stage of the Wii U

Pizza

Well I think Nintendo, in their pre-recorded video, will simply have Reggie throw in the towel and go home.

Since Sony is pleasing their fans, Nintendo may as well just stop trying to please their's

Ozium

how to win E3

1. Trailer for PROJECT HAMMER
2. Paper Mario TYD Remake CGI Trailer
3. Announcement of F-Zero Kickstarter

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
TLG, FFVII-R and Shenmue 3 are exciting because they've been requested for years. You're right we don't know how they'll pan out at this point. Although TLG looks like it's shaping up well. It was great to see them go with a pure gameplay demonstration.

Honestly, I think the Game of the Show so far is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Pixar's Brave meets Jurassic Park meets Monster Hunter meets robots!

I'm with you on that one. It was a great reveal.

EDarkness

Isn't that their job? Maybe they're going all out for the Transformers game....

Not Eternal Darkness 2 or Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Personally, a new Advance Wars would have me over the edge.

I'm strange. Neither of those games would mean anything to me. I never even finished BG&E. I guess it would depend on the gameplay.

However...thinking about it...if Nintendo showed of FF: Crystal Bearers 2 with real RPG stuff, I'd be down with that.

Heres the real question:

Will there be and 3rd party presence?

I think we'll see:
Indie trailer reel
Lego everything
Disney infinity
Lets Dance 2016 or whatever theyre calling it these days

and....

???

emb

Yeah, that looked fantastic. I really liked the art style and pedigree of Recore too, but I don't have a good sense for now of how it will play. It's great to see really exciting new IP though.

I'm hoping Nintendo will deliver something fresh like that too, just like they did with Splatoon last year.

bms2993

Banned
Sure you can make that yourself in Super Mario Maker

I swear I might buy a Wii U for that alone. It's a Mario fan's wet dream.

Edit: I mean really. This game is all I care about this year. Everything else at this event tomorrow will be just the icing on the cake.

Scum

Nintendo could have the GOAT E3 Direct tomorrow, and many on GAF will still harp on about Sony's conference. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't. As long as it's fun and doesn't have bullshite CGI nonsense, then I don't bloody care.
I wasn't expecting Splatoon last year and look how that turned out. :D

Things Nintendo needs to do to win E3:

- Dragon Quest VII/VIII/X
(though I want X on PC)
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy Tactics 3
- Style Savvy 3
- Chibi Robo 3
- Endless Ocean 3
- Hotel Dusk 3
- Megaman Legends 3
- Baten Kaitos 3
(is the number "3" cursed?)
- Xenoblade releases in November
- Animal Crossing Wii U MMO
- Metroid Wii U
- Pokémon RPG HD
- Paper Mario Wii U
- Eternal Darkness 2
- Region Free
- And more!

Wavebossa

Nintendoomed.

The era of Sony is here and Nintendo needs to get their butt fully in mobile and vamoose.

hope there are some good announcements tomorrow, I'll guess 3 new games

Sony's E3 was a really hype conference but... underneath the hype what did you actually get? Almost none of what they showed is coming out this year. FF7R is not coming out any time soon and is not console exclusive. Shenmue is a Kickstarter.

I'm not crapping on it, I think it was an amazing presentation. I'm just saying... games that I can play (soon) matter more to me. FF7R might as well be called KH3 or FFXV.

But yeah, super interested to see what Nintendo does. I have some ideas but its Nintendo...
i have no ideas :(

Sterok

To win E3, Nintendo shall now announce Ocarina of Time HD, put Mother 4 on Kickstarter, and I can't think of a good Last Guardian equivalent. Vitality sensor is back with Eternal Darkness?

bms2993

Banned
Things Nintendo needs to do to win E3:

- Dragon Quest VII/VIII/X
(though I want X on PC)
- Final Fantasy V
- Final Fantasy Tactics 3
- Style Savvy 3
- Chibi Robo 3
- Endless Ocean 3
- Hotel Dusk 3
- Megaman Legends 3
- Baten Kaitos 3
(is the number "3" cursed?)
- Xenoblade releases in November
- Animal Crossing Wii U MMO
- Region Free
- And more!

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Leatherface

So....based on Sonys conference.

Mother 3
Metroid Prime 4
Metroid Dread
Starfox
Yoshi
Xenoblade
Animal Crossing
F-Zero
Diddy Kong Racing 2
Waluigis new game
Super Mario Maker
Half Life 3U
Yooka Laylee
Zelda U (we were only kidding its out in November)
Luigis Mansion 3
Eternal Darkness 2
Fatal Frame
Devils Third
Beyond good and evil 2
Ice climbers free download character pack for smash
Tons of new Splatoon content launching right now.
4 new IPs from Nintendo garage

lol. c'mon Nintendo! Are you gonna let Sony punk you like this? ! Bring it!

Oh a new Rogue Squadron game by Factor 5 people (whatever they are now) would be a perfect tie in with Star Wars movies. And thats a franchise with deep Nintendo history. That would appeal to the hardcore and casuals.

Throw in 1+2 HD for free with pre-orders and you have yourself a system seller.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I think we will have a few remakes reveal, both Super Mario Sunshine and Kid Icarus: Uprising U, in addition to the leaks, hints, and trademarks we saw, Animal Crossing and Diddy Kong Racing 2. And Star Fox U reveal.

Honestly, if the above happen, I'm really happy.

I'd like a new IP as well, but with the same effort as Splatoon had.

Jaymageck

I didn't think it was possible, but Sony's conference has killed any excitement I had for Nintendo tomorrow. I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through but man, even a new Metroid would fall flat compared to the scale of those megatons.

how to win E3

1. Trailer for PROJECT HAMMER
2. Paper Mario TYD Remake CGI Trailer
3. Announcement of F-Zero Kickstarter

Adding, last minute Metroid trailer just slapped together using CGI footage for 3 seconds. Letting that fan created Mother game be a real thing, because Itoi doesn't want to work on one anymore.

Teaser for a new 3D Mario anything, and show new gameplay of the Zelda game.

That's honestly all they need to do.

I didn't think it was possible, but Sony's conference has killed any excitement I had for Nintendo tomorrow. I'm a Nintendo fanboy through and through but man, even a new Metroid would fall flat compared to the scale of those megatons.

This is how I feel right now too. Though I have a One and a WiiU, part of me wishes I went against the pressure and just bought a PS4 instead. I'm trying to be conservative with consoles this gen, but it's very hard. Fallout 4, Uncharted, Street Fighter 5, FF7 remake and ARR all on one console? Should of been a no-brainer for me.

Arklite

Haven't kept up with Nintendo side, has there been any talk, mentions, or worthwhile rumors of anything Metroid related for tomorrow? Only hopes?

udivision

Man, I know this has been the story for most of the generation, but "Nintendo" or "Wii U" or even "3DS" not being uttered once in any of the third party conferences is kind of amazing. The closest we got was the Pipboy (sp?) app in the Bethseda conference having a homage to Donkey Kong.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Just give me Metroid on Wii U that doesn't suck, Nintendo. If Star Fox doesn't look bad it'll be a nice bonus.

Fuck you for not bringing Zelda to this.

Top Bottom