• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Neiteio

You know, I read this forum incessantly, and until a few days ago I don't think I even realized an FF7 remake had the same notorious reputation for vapourware as The Last Guardian or Shenmue III.[/spoiler]
People have wanted a remake of FFVII for years, ever since that tech demo from the early days of PS3, iirc

Exile20

Can Nintendo top Sony tommorow?

Nintendo can announce Super Mario Galaxy 3, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero Wii U, Diddy Kong Racing 2, Mario Kart DLC 16 New Tracks, Snake DLC for Smash, Kirby Adeventure Wii U, Pokemon MMO etc

could that win it for them lol?

In my opinion they need to play into fans request with a few new titles.

Metroid 4
F-Zero
Mario Galaxy 3
Diddy King Racing
Animal Crossing U(Massive Multiplayer)
Amiibo focused game
Battalion Wars(24 player online)
New Ip
New Ip
New Ip(experimental game)
Star Fox
Mario Strikers
Third party exclusive
Third party exclusive
Third party exclusive
Assortment of eshop titles

Most is covered
Adventure
Racing
Massive multiplayer
Sports

KAP151

Your move Retro (I will die inside if its anything like DKC).

There is no better time to pull out a new Metroid or equivalent.

If they wanna top Sony it's possible . . . With a Chrono Trigger Remake. Gawd I want it.

But seriously, I'm more curious if they will announce a lot of games or if it'll be obvious theyvare gearing down the WiiU and 3DS.

AdanVC

My biggest hope for tomorrow is they don't spend too much time on imminent releases like Wooly World and possibly XenoX.

And watch the Treehouse play Xenoblade X still with Japanese text... But yeah they don't need to show more Yoshi's Wolly World. The game is coming out in 2 weeks in Europe. Just a quick release date announce for the Americas and move on to the next game please.

guek

Banned
No new Platinum game was announced today and that Transformers game looks like a small project so it's only Scalebound that we know off and that's Kamiya's game. That means there's a high chance we'll see a third Nintendo funded Platinum game tomorrow right?

I wouldn't get your hopes up

PrimeTime

It's hard for me to get excited about Nintendo's announcements simply because they can't be aggressive on the Wii U at this point. The Wii U will not generate significant numbers in install base or sell a lot of titles. Iwata's mention of the NX created a divergence in gamer attention and rightfully so-;ven they know that big titles would benefit them more as NX launch titles than Wii u mid-cycle releases. My guess is Nintendo will try to focus on smaller titles that will fill a void until the next platform is released.

Malus

I'm still amazed at how much credit is being given to Sony that they basically didn't cancel TLG. I'm super excited for that game, but the reaction like it's some untoppable thing Nintendo can't reach is hilarious. How bout they just announce a new game and not delay it into the next decade.

Peléo

E3 has always been a bit of an exception though. They tend to have a few surprise faraway projects, some imminent releases, and one or two completely unexpected releases that could be either right around the corner or years off.

Zelda last year. Xenoblade X. FExSMT. Bayo 2.

Yeah, I´m basically entirely wrong.

Funny how they showed Zelda last year but won´t tomorrow.

Not expecting much though.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo just needs to focus on great games releasing this year and early 2016. That would really make me smile.

GulAtiCa pls

We need spectacle, Jason Derulo and CGI trailers.

Ain't nobody got time for great games /s

nadam23

Neo Member
I'm pretty confident that at least the 3 unnanounced games below will be shown tomorrow.

Animal Crossing U (leaked AC amiibo's plus other evidence point to this happening)

Metroid from Retro Studios (5 years without Metroid plus their tweet)

New 3D Mario (not sure if it'll be for 3DS or WiiU, but they have been pumping one out every 2 years and it has been 2 years since 3d World)

If those 3 games are announced along with Star Fox then Nintendo will have an incredible showing.

Other things that could potentially show include a Zelda trailer, Diddy Kong Racing 2, F-Zero, New IP, Paper Mario U.

I'm pumped.

guek

Banned
I'm still amazed at how much credit is being given to Sony that they basically didn't cancel TLG. I'm super excited for that game, but the reaction like it's some untoppable thing Nintendo can't reach is hilarious. How bout they just announce a new game and not delay it into the next decade.
Sony's conferences was all hype. It's fun and exciting and I'm SUPER PUMPED but at the end of the day, hype is not something tangible, merely something promised. I'm already coming down a bit from the high.

Neiteio

I always thought of the "GAF Legends" as follows:

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Sony announced three of those tonight. I thought Microsoft was going to announce Banjo-Threeie, but NOPE.

Majora's Mask 3D used to be on that list, but is now available in stores everywhere. :)

EDIT: Oh, and Pokemon MMORPG

Astral Dog

It's hard for me to get excited about Nintendo's announcements simply because they can't be aggressive on the Wii U at this point. The Wii U will not generate significant numbers in install base or sell a lot of titles. Iwata's mention of the NX created a divergence in gamer attention and rightfully so-;ven they know that big titles would benefit them more as NX launch titles than Wii u mid-cycle releases. My guess is Nintendo will try to focus on smaller titles that will fill a void until the next platform is released.

This, in a way people expecting big megatons will be dissapointed, but maybe some people will be happy with what they show, probably middle and smaller titles, as long as they are good and unique im happy.

edit: this is not Nintendo against SONY, this is Nintendo against all next gen consoles/games

Ok, they've obviously got stuff to show seeing as tree house live runs all three days.
I don't think its going to be three days of them playing Yoshi Yarn, Super Mario Maker, and Chibi-Robo.

There are surely plenty of games coming.

Ants

The only things Nintendo could announce on the level of these other conferences are a Retro-developed Metroid Prime 4, a NTSC release of Mother 3, and a console Pokémon MMO.

I don't think there's anything else in their bag of tricks that can approach the hype of The Last Guardian, an FF7 HD Remake, Shenmue 3, Mirror's Edge 2, PC mods on Xbone, the hololens.

They don't really have anything other than a Pokémon MMO on that level but the other two could help propel a bunch of solid announcements and make Nintendo merely bump their ass on the bar going over instead of falling short of it entirely.

El Odio

Banned
My expectations for tomorrow are pretty much, Xeno X US and PAL release date, Animal Crossing 3DS and maybe Wii U along with coverage of the amiibo card replacements, Super Mario Maker, fair chunk of Star Fox coverage with either a holiday 2015 or vague 2016 release, Fire Emblem stuff, Hyrule Warriors 3DS, more info on battle ball and then maybe 2 surprises out of nowhere.

Anth0ny

so today taught me that anything is possible

predictions for tomorrow:

- Diddy Kong Racing U by Retro Studios and Monster Games (David Wise on the soundtrack)
- Star Fox by Platinum Games
- Animal Crossing U
- Paper Mario U
- A HD remake of a Gamecube or Wii game on Wii U. I'm thinking Twilight Princess, Sunshine or Galaxy 1

I'm pretty happy with one or two of those, honestly.

guek

Banned
What about the Hashimoto retweet of the Digital Event?

tumblr_mx9fqviPJW1qk97xlo8_250.gif

Peléo

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Sony announced three of those tonight. I thought Microsoft was going to announce Banjo-Threeie, but NOPE.

Majora's Mask 3D used to be on that list, but is now available in stores everywhere. :)

You forgot the legendary Pokemon MMO. One of the oldest as well.

Yoshi Island sequel was also highly requested for some time, can´t say the final result met expectations. Maybe they will finally be with Wooly World.

Yeah Nintendo's not "winning" anything now. Sony's artsy fartsy first party titles don't appeal to me but there's no denying they had a stellar conference. Still I'm expecting a decent showcase and some neat surprises. Nintendo still makes my favorite games and hasn't let me down in that regard.

Lingitiz

Can Nintendo top Sony tommorow?

Nintendo can announce Super Mario Galaxy 3, Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero Wii U, Diddy Kong Racing 2, Mario Kart DLC 16 New Tracks, Snake DLC for Smash, Kirby Adeventure Wii U, Pokemon MMO etc

could that win it for them lol?

It really ultimately doesn't matter. Nintendo is not going for the same audience. They're not part of the horse race. They should just do their thing and show some great games and have a strong Treehouse stream the next few days.

PBalfredo

I'm really curious what the deal with Star Fox is. What little they had last year was still in the prototype stage. They said they planned on releasing it before Zelda back when Zelda was planned for 2015. That seems like a pretty short time as far as video games are concerned.

Not

Banned
Lol at people afraid of Nintendo not "measuring up."

Who gives a shit? Games are games. Enjoy the righteous pure golden light that Sony loosed upon us, and enjoy whatever Nintendo has to offer, as well.

Getting "less hyped" for a Nintendo conference just because it won't "beat" another conference is stupid as all hell to me.

Anyway, it's about time Sony stepped up their game. Plus, NWC 2015 was awesome. And Nintendo walked away with it last year, too.

watershed

Banned
Sony's conference was fantastic, but I like Nintendo's approach of having playable demos, gameplay, and more than just cg trailers and scripted demos. Final Fantasy 7 remake, TLG, and Shenmue 3 are awesome but there's not much to appreciate beyond the shock of each reveal.

EDarkness

I don't think they need to. They need goodwill going into their next console and if they can get people playing, then they'll feel better about jumping on their next system. So keep the Wii U ball rolling and if the new system is backwards compatible, then that's a win. I admit that they need some of that third party pie, but at this point if they can keep Wii U interest up, they'll help themselves going into the next system. With the Wii they pretty much let it die and then brought out the Wii U. I don't think that was a good strategy.

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

I would say Dread is more of a legend than Prime 4.

Neiteio

I'm really curious what the deal with Star Fox is. What little they had last year was still in the prototype stage. They said they planned on releasing it before Zelda back when Zelda was planned for 2015. That seems like a pretty short time as far as video games are concerned.
Not for Nintendo. They said last E3 they already had the gameplay mechanics worked out. That's 90% of the work to be done, the part that matters most. The remaining 10 percent — missions, narrative, art direction, animation, sound, etc — should come together quickly enough. They have no shortage of talented designers, etc., and they were looking to partner up with someone to handle the bulk of the heavy-lifting.

L Thammy

Okay what about this. The digital event starts off with Iwata, who suddenly gets possessed by the soul of Eminem and starts spouting rap lyrics. Then Emimem!Iwata announces Acid Ghost. After an exorcism from Luigi, Iwata announces the new Nintendo VR competitor, the Nintendo ON, which has been shipped to the door of everyone with a Club Nintendo account. He gives us all give minutes to go pick it up from our porch and connect it to our Wii U, because it's compatible with all current and upcoming Nintendo systems right now. We're now seeing Iwata in 3D. Then he announces that the original version of Mother 3 for the N64 has finally been finished for some reason, and is being released along with the new 3D remake of Star Fox 2.

Verger

Banned
Nintendo is going to do what Nintendo is going to do. They've never cared about trying to "one up" the competition at E3 conferences, which is why they've stopped them altogether.

I'm sure that there's nothing they can have tomorrow that will "trump" what Sony has announced in terms of sheer surprise and excitement of games that people always wondered if they'd ever be seen again. The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake and Shenmue 3 have pretty much been the "big three" games that people were always wondering if they'd ever happen again with much skepticism.

I honestly don't care about conferences, and even less so about announcements to games that will likely take years to get here. And I'm worried about TLG and FF7 respectively given the former's troubled development and the latter's handling under Square Enix.

And that said, I'm not really expecting anything exciting tomorrow from Nintendo. Because of what we know (and Nintendo is rare to do something unexpected), the games they'll focus on tomorrow won't be anything I'm too interested in:

Xenoblade Chronicles X - I've made my share of whining about how this game is turning out to be a disappointment to me.

Star Fox - Never been a super fan of the series and who knows what it'll end up as.

SMT/FE - Not my cup of tea

Mario Maker - Not my cup of coffee

Amiibo stuff - Yeah, not me either.

So just off of that I'm not too expectant of anything groundbreaking tomorrow.

AGITΩ

To be fair, your average star fox game can be beat in a couple of hours, less once youve remembered the order of events on the stage...it is a Rail shooter after all.

/hypeslayer

Jintor

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Pokemon Snap Wii U/3DS

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVEN'T MADE IT. THERE'S SO MANY GODDAMN POKEMON NOW

Top Bottom