• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

PBalfredo

I always thought of the "GAF Legends" as follows:

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Sony announced three of those tonight. I thought Microsoft was going to announce Banjo-Threeie, but NOPE.

Majora's Mask 3D used to be on that list, but is now available in stores everywhere. :)

EDIT: Oh, and Pokemon MMORPG

It's pretty crazy that three of those got crossed off the list just today and yesterday's announcement of EarthBound Beginnings puts us on the path to a localized Mother 3. What an E3. Anything's possible.

AniHawk

Nintendo just needs to focus on great games releasing this year and early 2016. That would really make me smile.

nintendo's going to be utterly alone in focusing on their 2015/2016 lineup. most of e3 2015 has been focused hard on what's coming in 2016. and nintendo isn't going to show what they have in 2016 because they have a new platform coming in 2016 that they don't want to talk about this year.

KAP151

Lets be honest, nothing short of a miracle is going to 'top' (expectation wise) Sony's show.

Doesnt mean they cant come out and amaze.... (know they prolly wont)

Impotaku

Not too fussed what they announce today as Nintendo already let slip about chibi robo and level 5 already announced youkai watch 3 so i'm more than happy already, anything else is a added bonus but my money has already been allocated.

Pizza

I'm holding out hope for some smash and Mario kart stuff, sure they blew a pretty big smash load yesterday, but that stuff was *ready for release* who knows what isn't ready, same with Mario kart!

I can see mk8 dlc wave 2 announced, wolf trailer for smash, maybe more for smash? Hyrule Warriors 3ds, animal crossing (u, hopefully) starfox, Earthbound 2, aaaaand idk, FExSMT? Unannounced stuff? A Paper Mario letdown?

Reggie mentioned somewhere that there'll be stuff people wanted and stuff they didn't even know they wanted, so I'm hoping for some serious goodness

Malus

Lol at people afraid of Nintendo not "measuring up."

Who gives a shit? Games are games. Enjoy the righteous pure golden light that Sony loosed upon us, and enjoy whatever Nintendo has to offer, as well.

Getting "less hyped" for a Nintendo conference just because it won't "beat" another conference is stupid as all hell to me.

Anyway, it's about time Sony stepped up their game. Plus, NWC 2015 was awesome. And Nintendo walked away with it last year, too.

Amen. It's the night before e3 and I'm in the Nintendo thread reading about how people are getting less and less hyped for Nintendo because of things that have nothing to do with them. Jeeez.

Neiteio

Okay what about this. The digital event starts off with Iwata, who suddenly gets possessed by the soul of Eminem and starts spouting rap lyrics. Then Emimem!Iwata announces Acid Ghost. After an exorcism from Luigi, Iwata announces the new Nintendo VR competitor, the Nintendo ON, which has been shipped to the door of everyone with a Club Nintendo account. He gives us all give minutes to go pick it up from our porch and connect it to our Wii U, because it's compatible with all current and upcoming Nintendo systems right now. We're now seeing Iwata in 3D. Then he announces that the original version of Mother 3 for the N64 has finally been finished for some reason, and is being released along with the new 3D remake of Star Fox 2.
L Thammy, if I ever get kidnapped by the Taliban and have to live in the mountains of Afghanistan as a goat herder, you shall be my spiritual successor as GAF's Hype Man

PBalfredo

AGITΩ;168213739 said:
To be fair, your average star fox game can be beat in a couple of hours, less once youve remembered the order of events on the stage...it is a Rail shooter after all.

/hypeslayer

I get what you're saying, but those prototype concepts we were seeing last year suggest there will be more to this Star Fox than just rail shooting.

khaaan

Where would I be able to get text updates for the presentation? I'll be at work and wont be able to watch.

I'm no less hyped for Nintendo's presentation tomorrow but if they pull off a good one then I think this would be one of the best E3's ever. Fantastic announcements by everyone so far.

Not

Banned

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Sony announced three of those tonight. I thought Microsoft was going to announce Banjo-Threeie, but NOPE.

Majora's Mask 3D used to be on that list, but is now available in stores everywhere. :)

Poor Nintendo. Apparently after Sony's conference, if they don't announce F-Zero, Mother 4, Retroid Prime 4, and give NX details and a Zelda trailer, they'll have "lost" E3.

You'll get Animal Crossing, Diddy Kong Racing, and Splatoon DLC and like it

Neiteio

Pokemon Snap Wii U/3DS

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY HAVEN'T MADE IT. THERE'S SO MANY GODDAMN POKEMON NOW
Oh yeah! I've been asking for Snap U ever since they showed off the GamePad. And there are so many amazing Pokemon now... I want to take their pictures and share 'em on Miiverse. :)

Hatchtag

Banned

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

they got Mother 1 localized, that's worth a half point I'd say :p.

honestly, ignoring all rules, if they announce a new Super Mario Sunshine tomorrow they can just show Iwata laughing for 40 minutes straight and still have had the best conference in a decade by miles.

btrboyev

Nintendo will probably end up having the weakest E3 this year. Other than StarFox, I'm not sure what else they can muster. Zelda is confirmed a no-show. Xenoblade is getting bad word of mouth from the import scene and I don't think anything 3ds helps them at this point.

Where is the magical partnerships that were rumored? Is Ryu and the Virtua fighter and tekken mii's it?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't understand why people attribute Shenmue and FF7 to Sony when it's also coming to PCs. I am excited for Shenmue though. With that said their star attraction is TLG.

Peléo

Cell Shaded Mother 3 for WiiU would blow minds also.

mother3gamecube.jpg

2411261-dash.jpg

btrboyev

I don't understand why people attribute Shenmue and FF7 to Sony when it's also coming to PCs. I am excited for Shenmue though. With that said their star attraction is TLG.

Because despite the PC being a gaming platform, the majority of the gaming industry and this site is console based. The console wars are a real thing.

PBalfredo

It is a bummer no Zelda info, since it's looking to be their most ambitious in a good while and I really want to know more about it.

Gartooth

There's nothing Nintendo can do to generate the same hype as the three games at Sony. Those three were legendary "never gonna happen" games.

The closest IP they got is Diddy Kong Racing, and even then it will be a departure from the original due to the rumored removal of many of the elements of the original Rare game (characters, music, courses, etc.) thus harming its nostalgia cache. I don't think a series like F-Zero will do it since there is no infamous vaporware for that series, and it wasn't completely dead and buried like Shenmue. English Mother 3 would be crazy, but the Earthbound Beginnings announcement already put the expectations in place, as well as Mother 3 already being a game that many people have played.

I mean, I guess the best they can do is bring dead 3rd party IPs back to life. Mega Man Legends 3 would be the most obvious example that they could get together, and I think the only one that could stand up to Shenmue/TLG/FF7 thanks largely due to the infamous cancellation. A Chrono Trigger sequel and The World Ends With You 2 would also be big gets. Again though, they don't need 1 megaton, they need many.

Sony didn't just have the biggest E3 conference of the year, they had one of the biggest ever. Persona 5 was a complete no-show, and their biggest gun Uncharted 4 wasn't even the most talked about game there. I think Nintendo can do a good job tomorrow, but they are at a disadvantage from the start with no Zelda.

Jintor

i have only one serious prediction and that's that every amiibo will work with splatoon to get me some fresh gear.

legend of zelda purple t-shirt with a triforce plz

AGITΩ

I get what you're saying, but those prototype concepts we were seeing last year suggest there will be more to this Star Fox than just rail shooting.

Project Giant Robot can spin off into its own thing if handled correctly. But Project Guard would likely end up becoming just a filler mini game for star fox at best.

Now if they team up with From Software to make an Armored Core-esc retool of Project Giant robot, I will flip my shit. BUt even then....

Gotta Keep them expectations low

Verger

Banned
They'll be attributed to Sony because they were unveiled at the Sony Conference first. Otherwise if they were announced separately outside of a Sony sponsered event they wouldn't be so connected

I don't know if anyone caught this, but GameTrailers accidentally had this on their feed.

51a7a864a5.jpg

Zelda wasn't supposed to be here this year, right guys?

Right?

Pizza

You guys realize that StarfoxU *will* have online multiplayer right? So suddenly wii u will have a space combat game, that's gonna be rad.

Animal crossing will have some level of amiibo support, which also rules

Hyrule warriors is coming to 3ds (I love it on Wii U so I'm glad a wider audience Will get it)

Mother three could REALLY BE HAPPENING IN REAL LIFE

Look at last year's conference: robot chicken, smash u, a new ip that's fresh as fuck, and this year they've announced SO MUCH *before* their conference! It's going to be nuts.

Their e3 hype video had nothing to do with their conference too. Who cares that Sony is pleasing their fans hard? Nintendo is going to do us right. It's just a matter of *how* right.

No nintendoland fireworks this year, mark my words

I don't know if anyone caught this, but GameTrailers accidentally had this on their feed.

51a7a864a5.jpg

Right?

See?

Oh yeah! I've been asking for Snap U ever since they showed off the GamePad. And there are so many amazing Pokemon now... I want to take their pictures and share 'em on Miiverse. :)
It's more than just "taking pictures" I would just love to see pokemon in their natural habitat.

Neiteio

i have only one serious prediction and that's that every amiibo will work with splatoon to get me some fresh gear.

legend of zelda purple t-shirt with a triforce plz
I want this, but if I need to get a Lucina amiibo to wear her boots, someone's gonna get murked

Ants

AGITΩ;168213739 said:
To be fair, your average star fox game can be beat in a couple of hours, less once youve remembered the order of events on the stage...it is a Rail shooter after all.

/hypeslayer

that's kinda the point, though

star fox is for people who love games to obsession and want to play them over and over honing their gameplay to perfection. ive played star fox 64 for more hours than i could even estimate, it's gotta be nearing a thousand. you plan your route, you perfect your runs, and it really just never ends

Neiteio

51a7a864a5.jpg

Right?
That looks like a Photoshop with fan art, plastered over a shot of Geoff talking about the Sony conference.

Ansatz

Nintendo will probably end up having the weakest E3 this year. Other than StarFox, I'm not sure what else they can muster. Zelda is confirmed a no-show. Xenoblade is getting bad word of mouth from the import scene and I don't think anything 3ds helps them at this point.

Where is the magical partnerships that were rumored? Is Ryu and the Virtua fighter and tekken mii's it?

Animal Crossing U is pretty much confirmed based on the associated Amiibos that leaked
Super Mario Maker looks to be a hit
Fire Embem If (Awakening 2)
Retro Studios hinted at being present this E3
FE X SMT
The possibility of EAD Tokyo and Next Level Games (Luigi's Mansion 2) showing up just purely looking at release schedules
Yoshi's Woolly World

AGITΩ

Unless Shenmue Adds a Stretch goal for Wii U and FFVII being highly unlikely for Wii U as well (Something something engine something something reasons) its not something that can find a comparable IP to the Nintendo Wii U boatmobile. Just adds more to this Salt soup I'm sippin on
even though I have a PS4 and will probably buy them on there since above reasons

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mega Man Legends 3 would be the most obvious example that they could get together, and I think the only one that could stand up to Shenmue/TLG/FF7 thanks largely due to the infamous cancellation

Mega Man Legends 3 kickstarter...

If you think about it though, Legends 3 was sort of a proto-Kickstarter with how Capcom sort of really let the fans help influence quite a bit of it.

khaaan

If the FF7 re-make thread/Kagari are to be believed, it's a similar situation to Street Fighter V. So Sony did drop some money into it to make it happen. I would imagine it's a similar situation for Shenmue based on the fact that there's no Xbox One version planned but I have nothing else to back that claim up.

Sandfox

Animal Crossing U is pretty much confirmed based on the associated Amiibos that leaked
Super Mario Maker looks to be a hit
Fire Embem If (Awakening 2)
Retro Studios hinted at being present this E3
FE X SMT
The possibility of EAD Tokyo and Next Level Games (Luigi's Mansion 2) showing up just purely looking at release schedules
Yoshi's Woolly World

The Animal Crossing amiibo could be for Happy Home Designer, which should be getting a release date.

Verger

Banned
The only way Zelda shows up this year is if Retro is doing the fabled Twilight Princess Remake.

That would be something interesting.

And yeah, Nintendo pretty much said they wouldn't show Zelda U because it needs to be reworked to be showable again.

Top Bottom