• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

fernoca

Sony's conference was hype inducing, but everything "big" was like a promise for 2016, another for 2016, and another for 2017 and a Kickstarter...for maybe 2017.

Seeing the NWC yesterday, the end with Super Mario Maker not only was crazy...but so was thinking that I'll be playing that in 3 months.

And again, Nintendo tends to announce things at the last minute. So, who knows if Metroid Prime, a redesigned Wii U or Super Mario Gslaxy 3 is not shown tomorrow...then is shown in November for a February release. :p

Gartooth

I always thought of the "GAF Legends" as follows:

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Sony announced three of those tonight. I thought Microsoft was going to announce Banjo-Threeie, but NOPE.

Majora's Mask 3D used to be on that list, but is now available in stores everywhere. :)

EDIT: Oh, and Pokemon MMORPG

It is CRAZY how 3 of those just got taken off the list in an hour.

I wouldn't put F-Zero or Metroid Prime 4 on that list at all though. I think there is a chance of both of those game's happening at some point, while the others on the list I would just laugh at before today. Mother 3 is also stupid close to being real. If it isn't announced tomorrow, then we can all be damn sure it will happen if Earthbound Beginnings does well.

My list is:

Half-Life 3 (undisputed king)
Banjo-Threeie (We were SO close to getting this it hurts.)
Mega Man Legends 3 (infamous cancellation)
New Chrono Trigger

PBalfredo

I know I should be keeping my expectations in check, but the three megatons from Sony and Nintendo's own with EarthBound Beginnings has got my mind racing.

Ansatz

I don't understand why people attribute Shenmue and FF7 to Sony when it's also coming to PCs. I am excited for Shenmue though. With that said their star attraction is TLG.

That's what I said in the conference thread. It would be like unveiling Yooka-Laylee on the Digital Event. Why would Nintendo get credit or bonus points for that? Doesn't make any sense.

Peléo;168216827 said:
This Inafune-cancelled Capcom game for 3DS seemed really great. I think it was announced ins 2012/2013. Don´t know if you guys remember it:

kaio2_thumb.jpg

7f56f2dbbe3cd56e8b6d4e4847261820ce41371e.jpg__0x1500_q85.jpg

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX3QziTT2j0
I remember that game, It was the first game he proposed after he left Capcom. If I remember right, he wanted to get westerners interested in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms with this game since it was based on it. ...And now I'm bummed out.

Nintendo is going to do what Nintendo is going to do. They've never cared about trying to "one up" the competition at E3 conferences, which is why they've stopped them altogether.

I'm sure that there's nothing they can have tomorrow that will "trump" what Sony has announced in terms of sheer surprise and excitement of games that people always wondered if they'd ever be seen again. The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake and Shenmue 3 have pretty much been the "big three" games that people were always wondering if they'd ever happen again with much skepticism.

I honestly don't care about conferences, and even less so about announcements to games that will likely take years to get here. And I'm worried about TLG and FF7 respectively given the former's troubled development and the latter's handling under Square Enix.

And that said, I'm not really expecting anything exciting tomorrow from Nintendo. Because of what we know (and Nintendo is rare to do something unexpected), the games they'll focus on tomorrow won't be anything I'm too interested in:

Xenoblade Chronicles X - I've made my share of whining about how this game is turning out to be a disappointment to me.

Star Fox - Never been a super fan of the series and who knows what it'll end up as.

SMT/FE - Not my cup of tea

Mario Maker - Not my cup of coffee

Amiibo stuff - Yeah, not me either.

So just off of that I'm not too expectant of anything groundbreaking tomorrow.

What's so bad about xenoblade?

Verger

Banned
I honestly do not want a Retro Studios Wii U game. I'm sorry but the Wii U is a dead platform with complete uncertainty of sales, proven after the depressing performance of Tropical Freeze. And Retro needs a hit that'll bring in revenue since they probably lost money on Tropical Freeze development.

So, I'd only hope they're working on a launch game for the next hardware

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Because despite the PC being a gaming platform, the majority of the gaming industry and this site is console based. The console wars are a real thing.

Eh screw this site and console wars.

They'll be attributed to Sony because they were unveiled at the Sony Conference first. Otherwise if they were announced separately outside of a Sony sponsered event they wouldn't be so connected

I dunno, Bone note getting part of it would still be given fury.

If the FF7 re-make thread/Kagari are to be believed, it's a similar situation to Street Fighter V. So Sony did drop some money into it to make it happen. I would imagine it's a similar situation for Shenmue based on the fact that there's no Xbox One version planned but I have nothing else to back that claim up.

It is but still, coming out to PC.

Astral Dog

Wii U was never able to win E3 anyways, the only way Nintendo was the buzz was in their own directs, mostly unrelated to the competition wich is basically most of the industry except them.(on consoles)

watershed

Banned
I don't know if anyone caught this, but GameTrailers accidentally had this on their feed.

51a7a864a5.jpg

Zelda wasn't supposed to be here this year, right guys?

Right?

I'm gonna wager it's a fake. Firstly, the TVs are showing Sony's press conference, and that looks like OoT fan art.

Gnilres

Honestly worried after that showing by Sony. But I have a Wii U and a 3DS and not a Playstation so these announcements will mean more to me and I am still excited.

Let's go, Nintendo!

Azure J

so today taught me that anything is possible

predictions for tomorrow:

- Diddy Kong Racing U by Retro Studios and Monster Games (David Wise on the soundtrack)
- Star Fox by Platinum Games
- Animal Crossing U
- Paper Mario U
- A HD remake of a Gamecube or Wii game on Wii U. I'm thinking Twilight Princess, Sunshine or Galaxy 1

I'm pretty happy with one or two of those, honestly.

- The Mysterious Murasame Castle stylish action/combat title by Platinum Games. Expands on the original game with an Okami meets Metal Gear Rising focus and aesthetic.
- StarTropics by Retro Studios
- Star Fox U by EAD proper. Is legitimately the Star Fox 64 of this generation and brimming with content including a godlike campaign, and multiple "squad" and clan based multiplayer modes for online dogfighting
- Metroid
- F-Zero
- Mother 3 released in the states as Earthbound: Conclusions. The entire trailer plays up the aspects of Mother 3 and touches on its cult status among Nintendo fans only for the ending to reveal its final boxart logo which is "Earthbound: Conclusions..?" [complete with the ellipses and question mark] and Itoi leaving a cryptic "something's happening" message at the last second.
- New IP from the Garage Kids' Wave 2. Just as immediately arresting and charming a concept as Splatoon but in yet another genre Nintendo doesn't typically deal with. Spawns a new art boom immediately.
- Zelda "we're totally not porting this one to NX and releasing it same day and date"
- Third party reel shows Megaman Legends 3: Totally Not Canned Edition, Nintendo vs. Capcom, a Sonic that looks more like Generations,
- Updates on Smash DLC votes as Snake & the Ice Climbers are reintroduced to the fold with newcomers K.Rool, Shantae and Chrono from Chrono Trigger

...yeah I'm gonna stop here. Even in full on dreams mode, I can't see any of this shit happening. :lol :lol :lol

Neiteio

That's what I said in the conference thread. It would be like unveiling Yooka-Laylee on the Digital Event. Why would Nintendo get credit or bonus points for that? Doesn't make any sense.
I suspect Sony is co-funding the project, but it's unclear.

Ezalc

All I know is if Nintendo announces like, a new F-Zero that is basically just GX but better and a new Metroid (regardless of whether it's prime or 2D or both) I would lose my shit and they would "win" E3 for me. Sony's announcements are huge, but I don't care for FF7, and I haven't played any of the Shenmue games so I can't get excited for 3 seeing as from what it looks right now I still have to go through a really big roundabout way to play 1 and 2. TLG looks cool but I was never a fan of that bird thing and I want to see more gamplay from it. So yeah, bring on the bombs nintendo. Everybody's wasted already might as well finish it.

Verger

Banned
What's so bad about xenoblade?
I made a bullet point list in another thread:

• Story and Narrative are worse than the original (which was nothing that special)
  • Silent Protagonist (Shulk may have been "generic" but he was charming, no doubt thanks to the British VA)
  • "Open World" filled with filler Dragon Age Inquisition style quests (can't stand those anymore)
  • Poor Soundtrack compared to the original (unless you're really into Anime/Jpop-rock OST's)
  • Underwhelming world design compared to the original (granted it'd be tough to top the Bionis/Mechonis, but the way they've designed the world to be scalable to both on-foot and Mech's just worries me with lack of focused design)

All that combined with how the Witcher 3 is spoiling me is what is dimming my enthusiasm.

Oh, and Lyn is abominable :p

I think I'd honestly be happiest to see new stuff, not stuff they've shown plenty of already. And Metroid, of course.

All the talk in this thread makes me feel better about all the "competition" nonsense, though. Good to know we don't say we don't care about it and then go cry about "losing." That'd be worse than anything Nintendo puts out tomorrow, regardless of the other conferences. I'm still pretty excited for the Digital Event. :x

EDarkness

I honestly do not want a Retro Studios Wii U game. I'm sorry but the Wii U is a dead platform with complete uncertainty of sales, proven after the depressing performance of Tropical Freeze. And Retro needs a hit that'll bring in revenue since they probably lost money on Tropical Freeze development.

So, I'd only hope they're working on a launch game for the next hardware

I thought it was pretty safe to say that Retro's game was going to be at E3 this year? If it is, then I doubt it's a 3DS game, so it'd be something for the Wii U. As long as they went with the "badass" card, I think they can pull it off. Donkey Kong was just not the game they should be been working on. All their hype died once they announced that. It was painful to watch.

qko

Respect to Sony for the flashiest conference so far, even though the 3 huge games announced tonight won't arrive in over a year, they apparently will show up on the PS4 at some point. The only way Nintendo steals the all the Sony hype would be:

Retro Studios x Valve

The Orange Box Redux
+
Half Life 3

No date implying 2017.

This E3 has been pretty good so far.

Microsoft - 8/10
Sony - 7.5/10
Bethesda - 7/10
EA - 7/10
Ubisoft - 5/10

Nintendo's conference has me most excited though- I simply love the digital event format, and they have already had a great show with the Smash direct and the World Championship.

FZZ

Banned
I still don't think a remake of a 18 year old game and a PS3 port are that hype tbh.

Dino robots, shenmue 3, and uncharted were definitely fucking amazing though.

So in my eyes Nintendo just has to beat those three games. Regardless I'll be at the Nintendo booth mainly tomorrow, I'll make sure to leave impressions for everyone.

khaaan

It is but still, coming out to PC.

Possibly/probably, at the moment though we only know that the only version that has been mentioned is for the PS4. The existence of a PC version doesn't discount Sony and any contribution they may have made to help bring the game to fruition.

Edit: No, I'm in the right thread. Got confused by Nintendo in the title while discussing FF7.

Not

Banned
Ōkami;168219397 said:
Nintendo should kickstart the WiiU successor.

I kid.

Oh really, you were joking that they kickstart their multi-billion dollar research and development process?? Thanks for confirmation

Mariolee

You know what???

One reason I am taking this E3 from Nintendo in stride is...

Splatoon.

The game is so fucking good that every unknown entity is a bonus to that.

Pretty much. I spent hours last night with new friends bonding over Smash Bros. and the new DLC. Nintendo has already won my heart. <3

I'm not counting on AC Wii U for the simple fact that Happy Home Designer exists and we know it includes amiibo support.

Star Fox seems like the most realistic showcase along with Yoshi and Mario Maker. I suppose they could show Zelda at the end, which wouldn't surprise me or anyone I think despite them saying it wouldn't appear..

Neiteio

I still don't think a remake of a 18 year old game and a PS3 port are that hype tbh.

Dino robots, shenmue 3, and uncharted were definitely fucking amazing though.
Haha, everyone is going to call Horizon: Zero Dawn "the dino robots game," aren't they? :p

What does it matter if Retro's next game is a hit

they're wholly owned by Nintendo

as long as it does what Nintendo wants it to do (i.e. if they want it to be good), it could sell five copies and be fine. Nintendo's corporate ethos is that layoffs discourage good creative work and it's not like they'll be shutting them down.

GWX

You know what???

One reason I am taking this E3 from Nintendo in stride is...

Splatoon.

The game is so fucking good that every unknown entity is a bonus to that.

My post in the Splatoon thread earlier today:
I don't see any announcement this E3 topping Splatoon, and I can play it right now :) Feels good (or sad, I dunno).

Seriously, Splatoon is an ingenious game in pretty much every department, but especially in terms of "core gameplay". I haven't played a game this fun in years.

as long as it does what Nintendo wants it to do (i.e. if they want it to be good), it could sell five copies and be fine. Nintendo's corporate ethos is that layoffs discourage good creative work and it's not like they'll be shutting them down.

I just can't see Blastball selling though.

Not

Banned

Nintendo has the best corporate ethos then. For a Japanese company at least. What's their stance on mandatory vacations and downtime? Looking at Sakurai, probably not great. Maybe he's a special case 'cause he's kind of obsessive.

Nintendo has the best corporate ethos then. For a Japanese company at least. What's their stance on mandatory vacations and downtime? Looking at Sakurai, probably not great. Maybe he's a special case 'cause he's kind of obsessive.
Sakurai and Sora is its own entity. He doesn't work for Nintendo perse but works on games for them.

Top Bottom