• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Peléo

thats not going to sale what Zelda probably would... would it?

Animal Crossing GC sold 2.3million.

Wild World sold almost 12 million. Phanton Hourglass and Spirit Track combined sold 8 million.

City Folk sold 4,3 million. Skyward Sword sold 3,8.

New Leaf sold 9 million. Link BW, OT & MM 3D sold 9 million combined.

Animal Crossing sells really well. Better on portables it seems.

Hastati

My post in the Splatoon thread earlier today:

Seriously, Splatoon is an ingenious game in pretty much every department, but especially in terms of "core gameplay". I haven't played a game this fun in years.

I really agree, but I greatly wish that we could use some other form of controls than the wii u pad. It just doesn't work for me.

Does it really HAVE to use the lower screen?

Not

Banned
AGITΩ;168226522 said:
Reminds me of E3 2010 where evens was "wheres the core games? " and Reggie said "We game you animal crossing"

Oh geez. My stress levels went up just remembering that. Don't think it was 2010 tho. That was a good year. Skyward Sword, Kid Icarus, DKCR, 3DS.

L Thammy

Ok, crisis averted. I was thinking "wat, no way retro was making a 3ds game all along"

Even if they were, it probably wouldn't be all they were doing. And I'm pretty sure Retro is a prestige studio; the kind that you just throw a lot of money at and leave alone because they're good at getting attention.

Doczu

Well, after the Sony conference where they help to bring one beloved franchise from the dead (a bit scummy through a kickstarter), revive a second game that rabid fans wanted and give a remake that was wished for since the ps3 tech demo... Nintendo, Retro better be working on motherfucking Metroid.

That's how you cater your fanbase. Don't make this another 2008, Animal Crossing should not be in the main spot.

I was about to say fake, but they nailed the concept art style.
Something seems off about it though.

Probably fake.
The angled shots...
Hm.....

The typography in the shop (particularly the spacing) doesn't look right. But the localization on display shows a lot of thought—RadEgad is the kind of brand name Treehouse would think of but your typical fake leaker wouldn't.

Well crafted, but I'm not counting on it. I do expect post-August Splatoon content to show up in the video, though, possibly including the game's first paid DLC.

Anth0ny

I always thought of the "GAF Legends" as follows:

- Half-Life 3
- The Last Guardian
- Shenmue 3
- FFVII remake
- Banjo-Threeie
- F-Zero (new)
- Mother 3 (localized)
- Metroid Prime 4

Sony announced three of those tonight. I thought Microsoft was going to announce Banjo-Threeie, but NOPE.

Majora's Mask 3D used to be on that list, but is now available in stores everywhere. :)

EDIT: Oh, and Pokemon MMORPG

Good list. I might add RE2make as well, but people should realize that without any involvement from Kamiya or Mikami that shit ain't gonna work.

Incredible that Sony took THREE off the list in one night. Unreal.

AGITΩ;168227787 said:
Treehouse live starts 45 after the direct starts. No way it overlaps

Where'd you find the 45 after? There web page only says "After Digital Event" With no given time slot. The only time slots given are at 10am for the 17th and 18th.

Not

Banned
Ok, crisis averted. I was thinking "wat, no way retro was making a 3ds game all along"

In the OP. Time schedule for tomorrow suggests 45 minutes for the digital event.

That's IGN's post-show. It may be wrong.

All it says on Ninty's main E3 site is "starting after the digital event"

The Nintendo digital events are usually shorter than an hour(usually 45 mins or so) which sucks since Microsoft and Sony usually have an hour and a half every year. Still though, the Treehouse was the most entertaining thing for me last year and I'm sure this year will be just as fun and packed with info. Hope they have new surprise IPs like Splatoon which basically came outta nowhere last year.

GWX

I really agree, but I greatly wish that we could use some other form of controls than the wii u pad. It just doesn't work for me.

Does it really HAVE to use the lower screen?

It really does. The developers of this game are damn talented, and surely they put a lot of thought into the control scheme, so power to them.

Diffense

That's what Miyamoto implied in his interviews last year, though, it's anyone's guess.

I think it'll be episodic as retail at 59.99$ would not be able to support a dormant franchise such as Star Fox, but yeah, we'll see.

I got this quote from Nintendolife

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/shigeru_miyamoto_hints_at_star_fox_for_wii_u_structure_explains_background_of_mario_maker said:
Perhaps if you noticed in Project Guard, there was a Star Fox logo on the cameras! I have different ideas for what would be possible, but I haven’t finalized anything yet. One idea that I had for Star Fox is something like the Thunderbirds TV series, where they had all these different vehicles and Mechs that they could use. I’m not certain, but one thing I think about Star Fox is that, instead of just a ship-based adventure that we’ve seen in previous Star Fox games, there’s multiple different mechs and vehicles and things that they use. And maybe, within that, the Project Guard style of gameplay could be one element of sort of a larger-scaled thing.

The other analogy I’ve been using with the team is that the Star Fox games that we used to make were Star Fox for the movie theater, a big dramatic adventure. And this time, with our focus, it’s a little bit more of Star Fox if it were a TV series. So maybe Project Guard is the TV series of Star Fox that runs late at night, and the main missions of Star Fox are the TV series that runs in primetime.

I think he was talking about game structure not how the game would be sold.

AGITΩ

Where'd you find the 45 after? There web page only says "After Digital Event" With no given time slot. The only time slots given are at 10am for the 17th and 18th.
Its in the op:
WIDozfp.png

KingBroly

Banned
The Nintendo digital events are usually shorter than an hour(usually 45 mins or so) which sucks since Microsoft and Sony usually have an hour and a half every year. Still though, the Treehouse was the most entertaining thing for me last year and I'm sure this year will be just as fun and packed with info. Hope they have new surprise IPs like Splatoon which basically came outta nowhere last year.

Well, with the Directs, it's more straight-forward and less about hyperbole and BETAS FOR PRE-ORDERS. The Treehouse stuff was 100% for people that wanted to experience E3 but couldn't. It was a constant drip feed of stuff, even if the Day 2/3 stuff was a bit repetitive.

Now, going by twitter people, it appears that Retro people are in LA. I'm still wondering about NLG people myself because I haven't heard anything.

AGITΩ;168228552 said:
Im probably confusing it with 2008. It was either city folk or wild worlds reveal.
It was 2008. He said that core gamers had City Folk and Chinatown Wars to look forward to.

Then four months later they had that event where the DSi and Sin & Punishment 2 and Punch-Out got announced.

Toxi

Banned
Bust what.

They're certainly working on one. Who knows if it shows up today.
Bust for me. I don't speak for anybody else.

And I'm not going to get my hopes up for an off-the-cuff comment about having Metroid in Nintendo's future any more than I would an off-the-cuff comment about The Last Guardian being in Sony's future before today.

vareon

They also tend to have stealth announcements after the Digital Event for no reason, like Pacman/Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Nothing major though. Except S.T.E.A.M.
which is a major bomb.

GWX

It was 2008. He said that core gamers had City Folk and Chinatown Wars to look forward to.

Then four months later they had that event where the DSi and Sin & Punishment 2 and Punch-Out got announced.

Duuude, that event. Octoberton, I miss it.

Probably not the most exciting item to have on my wish list, but I hope Nintendo reveals more Mario Kart DLC tomorrow.

I doubt there'd be more Cups but maybe Battle Mode maps are needed to get people back to playing that glorious game.

I know a lot probably still play but Splatoon has stolen its thunder for me.

AdanVC

Honestly I just want more epic footage featuring Iwata doing some silly stuff like the fight with reggie last year.

And a new F-Zero.

EDarkness

They also tend to have stealth announcements after the Digital Event for no reason, like Pacman/Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Nothing major though. Except S.T.E.A.M.
which is a major bomb.

I think this is why finding a good aesthetic for a game is soooo important. People were pretty turned off by the look of the game and it couldn't really recover from that. Hopefully they've learned something from that and we'll get a couple of interesting extra announcements as the show progresses.

massoluk

Banned
I thought Nintendo had this E3 with NWC, but Sony raised the bar by busting 3 mythological games out. I hope big N has something BIG.

ReyVGM

Anyone has a countdown for tomorrow's conference? I can never get the timezones right and I don't want to miss it.

CrisKre

What i love about nintendo is that we NEVER know what we are going to get... it could be epic or completely underwhelming in terms of announcements. We NEVER know.
If they do show Animal Crossing it will be interesting to see if they truly learnt from City Folk, and my prediction is that this time, if it is unveiled, it will be a worthwhile console version.
If Retro, Next Level and Tokyo show games it will be amazing.

Neiteio

I thought Nintendo had this E3 with NWC, but Sony raised the bar by busting 3 mythological games out. I hope big N has something BIG.
Nintendo fans: "Holy shiiiiiiiiit — Fire Mario in a hooker boot in a clown car shooting Bowser Juniors!"

Sony: "Fuck dat noise, here's a unicorn and big foot and the Loch Ness monster"

Still #TeamHookerBoot

watershed

Banned
Kind of odd reading the reactions to Sony's conference in this thread. While I try not to get into the comparison stuff between how our favorite video game companies are handling E3, Nintendo is already off to a great start with the NWC, Earthbound Beginnings, and the great showcase for Super Mario Maker during the final round of competition. With all that and the Smash mini-direct, Nintendo has already shown off a lot of good stuff and they still have the digital event and 3 days of E3 Treehouse coverage to follow. I think Nintendo is gonna put on a good show for their fans.

-Eddman-

I hope there will be 1 or 2 nice surprises, but i'm realistic: nothing will ever top what Sony did tonight in terms of hype. Only things comparable with that would be Mother 4, Nintendo buying back Banjo-Kazooie/Megaman or NX reveal.

Hopefully we'll see a real Star Fox trailer and something new from Retro.

Diffense

So, let's see.

Will be shown
1.) Hyrule Warriors 3DS leaked http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060349
2.) Super Mario Maker is going to be shown (see World Championships + leaked amiibo) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062769
3.) Leaked Animal Crossing amiibos are going to be shown (and probably a game therefore) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062769
4.) Probably more amiibo because everyone is crazy about amiibo http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062769
5.) Blast Ball is going to be shown (see World Championships) (Or whatever it's related to)

Very likely, likely or maybe
1.) Star Fox Wii U (Miyamoto said it's going to release before Zelda) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=946336
2.) Xenoblade because it needs a western release date after 100 years being shown at several directs :p
3.) Retros new game because they hype us without reason http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=946336
4.) Release date for Fatal Frame V in the west?
5.) Some Paper Mario announcement, this was never confirmed fake: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1043989

Won't be shown
1.) Zelda Wii U won't be shown as already stated http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1018897
2.) Devil's Third was already shown, don't expect them to give it further coverage because Nintendo http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060013
3.) NX won't be shown http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044328
4.) Smartphone games won't be shown http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044328

I totally forgot about that Paper Mario rumor. I suppose that the flat mario amiibo could be related to that as well (if it's true).

paper mario trophy from SSBM said:

Top Bottom