• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

CrisKre

Nintendo fans: "Holy shiiiiiiiiit — Fire Mario in a hooker boot in the clown car shooting Bowser Juniors!"

Sony: "Fuck dat noise, here's a unicorn and big foot and the Loch Ness monster"
Today's Sony announcement take nothing off the incredible marketing show that was nwc for mario maker. That was magical.

Neiteio

Kind of odd reading the reactions to Sony's conference in this thread. While I try not to get into the comparison stuff between how our favorite video game companies are handling E3, Nintendo is already off to a great start with the NWC, Earthbound Beginnings, and the great showcase for Super Mario Maker during the final round of competition. With all that and the Smash mini-direct, Nintendo has already shown off a lot of good stuff and they still have the digital event and 3 days of E3 Treehouse coverage to follow. I think Nintendo is gonna put on a good show for their fans.
Oh, I'm sure Nintendo will have great stuff to show. The reason why Sony is being discussed here is because Nintendo's next up to bat in this home run contest (read: media hype extravaganza), and Sony just nailed it into the next ballpark. I'm sure I'll be more interested in actually, y'know, owning and playing Nintendo's stuff, but the question is whether it's possible for them to generate more noise — and how much making noise actually matters.

Pizza

Hey what time is the event tomorrow? Is it 9:00 am Pacific or 7:40 am Pacific? 9? I have to wait until *11* central to watch it? :eek: rough times ahead in the A.M.

FZZ

Banned
Alright you guys I have a good feeling about Nintendo's conference.

I'm taking a dump right now and it's pretty good and the dump I took right before Sony's was fucking amazing. This one isn't as good tho :/

Neiteio

Today's Sony announcement take nothing off the incredible marketing show that was nwc for mario maker. That was magical.
Don't get me wrong, Mario Maker at NWC is still my Moment of the Show. I'm just looking at it from a bird's eye view. Mario Maker was exciting, but the Sony Megaton Club Sandwich (that's what I'm calling it now) created a mushroom cloud you could see from space.

Sakurai probably noticed it from his skull-shaped fortress on the moon. Perhaps he'll tease another character to compensate.

jmizzal

Well, with the Directs, it's more straight-forward and less about hyperbole and BETAS FOR PRE-ORDERS. The Treehouse stuff was 100% for people that wanted to experience E3 but couldn't. It was a constant drip feed of stuff, even if the Day 2/3 stuff was a bit repetitive.

Now, going by twitter people, it appears that Retro people are in LA. I'm still wondering about NLG people myself because I haven't heard anything.

Do u have a link on the retro stuff plz, I would like to see who is saying it

AniHawk

I thought Nintendo had this E3 with NWC, but Sony raised the bar by busting 3 mythological games out. I hope big N has something BIG.

it would be fun to see more new surprises. i don't expect much though. first footage of star fox, yes. i think earthbound 2/mother 3 is an inevitability at this point. i also think blastball is part of something else too.

nintendo doesn't need a 'win' here. their e3 presence is honestly fine as-is. i just want release dates and details.

kinda wonder what it would look like had they not shown off fire emblem if/smt x fe/star fox/monster hunter x so early though.

To be honest if Nintendo knocks it out of the park tomorrow I think this might be an E3 where everyone wins because so far neither MSoft or Sony had a bad or even lackluster conference.

kinda wonder what it would look like had they not shown off fire emblem if/smt x fe/star fox/monster hunter x so early.

Well Star Fox was last E3 so that was part of last years hype. FE if probably wont get much air time if any at all tomorrow since its a 2016 release for NA. and Monster Hunter X was Capcom's event not Nintendo's. SMTxFE is the only one I was surprised they had an early reveal on but it might have been for a good reason we dont know about yet.

L Thammy

I know E3 excites the console wars stuff and lots of websites push the notion of "winning" E3, but when you look at it from the point of view of Nintendo, this isn't a smart E3 to win. They've got one console which is dead weight, they've got a handheld that's past its prime, and they've got new systems coming out to replace them. Right now the idea is to not to make the big moves, but to keep the fans happy and loyal and announce some products to help them float on for a bit longer.

This E3 could be really good, but even without Sony, Nintendo probably wouldn't win. Because it's next year that they're going to be going for the jugular.

I'm taking a dump right now and it's pretty good and the dump I took right before Sony's was fucking amazing. This one isn't as good tho :/

TUFWvW3.gif

Hattori

Banned
Nintendo fans: "Holy shiiiiiiiiit — Fire Mario in a hooker boot in a clown car shooting Bowser Juniors!"

Sony: "Fuck dat noise, here's a unicorn and big foot and the Loch Ness monster"

Still #TeamHookerBoot

TBF, none of those mythical beasts are coming this year (or maybe even next year if I go by the delay-a-thon that's been happening in gaming lately)

FZZ

Banned
it would be fun to see more new surprises. i don't expect much though. first footage of star fox, yes. i think earthbound 2/mother 3 is an inevitability at this point. i also think blastball is part of something else too.

nintendo doesn't need a 'win' here. their e3 presence is honestly fine as-is. i just want release dates and details.

kinda wonder what it would look like had they not shown off fire emblem if/smt x fe/star fox/monster hunter x so early.

I've been thinking

What would you guys think about a Mother 4/Earthbound 3 announcement?

The video with Itoi talking really got me thinking that just localizing those two games wouldn't be enough.

Delio

Honestly I'd be fine with release dates for things coming this year and Paper Mario. I'm not expecting much so I'm fine with whatever.

Verger

Banned
I know E3 excites the console wars stuff and lots of websites push the notion of "winning" E3, but when you look at it from the point of view of Nintendo, this isn't a smart E3 to win. They've got one console which is dead weight, they've got a handheld that's past its prime, and they've got new systems coming out to replace them. Right now the idea is to not to make the big moves, but to keep the fans happy and loyal and announce some products to help them float on for a bit longer.

This E3 could be really good, but even without Sony, Nintendo probably wouldn't win. Because it's next year that they're going to be going for the jugular.
Good points. Yeah, everyone agrees the Wii U is a lost cause and trying to generate more sales of the console is an exercise in futility.

The Wii brand is over. They need to start from scratch and come up with a brand new idea for hardware. So spending a lot of money on big games for the dead console actually does not make much business sense.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda U's delay is to rework it for the next hardware too.

Gartooth

If we don't get Diddy Kong Racing 2 tomorrow... god I hate you all for hyping me up. I'm already disappointed about no Banjo-Threeie. ;_;

Neiteio

*ker-sploosh!*

*Neiteio stands up and looks in the bowl*

*a flaming turd looks back, and speaks*

BURNING TURD: "Neiteio, it is I, the God of Hype"

NEITEIO: "Holy shit!"

BURNING TURD: "Indeed! I have chosen you as my prophet. You must lead GAF to the Promised Land! They are losing faith. Also, you must wear sandals and grow a really long beard."

NEITEIO: "What do I do?! I've never taken direction from a talking turd before. Well, a literal one, anyways."

*suddenly two stone tablets appear in Neiteio's hands*

TABLETS:
Star Fox for WiiU
LoZ for WiiU ("No show?" More like, "Yousa ho!")
Diddy Kong Racing for WiiU
Luigi's Mansion for WiiU
Pokemon Snap for WiiU
Animal Crossing for WiiU
Paper Mario for WiiU
F-Zero for WiiU
Metroid for 3DS
Metroid for WiiU

BURNING TURD: "These should make them at least moderately moist."

NEITEIO: "I believe."

Vena

Posted already ?

Aparently a Mario Sunshine DLC for Splatoon leaked .... but these are kinda easy to fake so take with a grain of salt

But they look good

Seems a bit weird to me. But why the hell not, I guess? Not sure why they'd have to cram in Mario, though.

Lumyst

Not my cup of tea

This may seem strange to highlight this phrase of yours, but there was a time when I only got games that were my "cup of tea," but when I started mindfully embracing the mechanics of Nintendo's games as a big source of the enjoyment that comes from them, I sometimes deliberately got games that were not my cup of tea and thought of them as cool new gadgets to tinker with and appreciate, haha :p

FZZ

Banned
Fuck it brehs.

Metroid Prime 4, Mother 4, Paper Mario 4, Animal Crossing U, Diddy Kong Racing, Splatoon Sunshine DLC, Pokemon Z, Star Fox.

We in here fam. Live by the hype, die by the hype.

wcw

Neo Member
Nintendo really doesn't care what Sony and Microsoft do at E3. They don't really care too much about E3. I think their overall strategy is to have mini-events and announcements sprinkled throughout the year as opposed to just having one big nut at E3. Keeps them in the press at more points throughout the year.

I do think that when they have big announcements they save them for E3 but I also don't think they are willing to push out or announce games that are over a year off just to get press and "Win E3". If a game isn't ready to show or announce they simply won't show it until it is closer to prime time.

I think they go with Star Fox, Yoshi, and a new game for Wii-U (Animal Crossing or a Retro Studios game) and a Metroid 3-DS game. Nothing earth shattering just a few new things sprinkled in with what we know.

I would love to see a new F-Zero, Original Retro IP, A new Metroid console game (Although a 3-DS game isn't bad), Paper Mario, and some new IP's. But What I want to happen and what will happen are two different things. Nintendo does what they do to their own beat for better or worse.

Just trying to slow down the hype train a little.

-Eddman-

You know what Nintendo, what about some HD remasters? I would be happy with tthat.

Maybe F-Zero GX. Yes, that would make me happy.

L Thammy

Basically I think this is the part where the villain is talking smack and beating up everyone while Krillin and Piccolo are talking about how incredible his power is. You know that Nintendo can reach the next level of Super Saiyan, but he hasn't reached that level of anger yet, so he's still getting beat.

...I didn't mean to compare Sony to Cell, by the way.

ReyVGM

You know what Nintendo, what about some HD remasters? I would be happy with tthat.

Maybe F-Zero GX. Yes, that would make me happy.

You know, I noticed that a lot of FZGX's music belongs to other people, so I really doubt Nintendo will ever re-release the game unless they either pay for the music rights, or re-do the soundtrack.
There's also the issue that the game was developed by Sega, so that's another thing they would have to work on.

Neiteio

Basically I think this is the part where the villain is talking smack and beating up everyone while Krillin and Piccolo are talking about how incredible his power is. You know that Nintendo can reach the next level of Super Saiyan, but he hasn't reached that level of anger yet, so he's still getting beat.

Right now Reggie is doing thousands of cock push-ups at 500x Earth's gravity

Neiteio

You know, I noticed that a lot of FZGX's music belongs to other people, so I really doubt Nintendo will ever re-release the game unless they either pay for the music rights, or re-do the soundtrack.
There's also the issue that the game was developed by Sega, so that's another thing they would have to work on.
Controversial opinion here, but outside of, like, Shotgun Kiss, the soundtrack of GX was kind of... ass. Admittedly, it's become a big part of the game's identity, but I would love to have the soundtrack more in line with the butt-rock of X on the N64.

Qurupeke

Go Nintendo I guess? They must announce a Metroid Prime now. :( Their announcements so far have been great, with Ryu DLC and EB already out. If they want to even come close to Sony's E3 then they really have to go all out.

Verger

Banned
the other issue is as far as the direct goes, it's only what, 45-60 minutes total? There's not much time to showcase a lot of stuff. All I can see is them having just enough time to go over all the stuff we already know already to be honest. And it cannot go longer than 60 minutes since the E3 Expo begins at 10am and there's no way they'd seep into that.

AdanVC

Doom might have level creation features, Fallout 4 as well with the ability to literally rebuild an entire city, but nothing beats Super Mario Maker with Mario riding a giant heel on top of a clown car while shooting fire balls at huge Bowser Jr. pixels.

the other issue is as far as the direct goes, it's only what, 45-60 minutes total? There's not much time to showcase a lot of stuff. All I can see is them having just enough time to go over all the stuff we already know already to be honest. And it cannot go longer than 60 minutes since the E3 Expo begins at 10am and there's no way they'd seep into that.

In the infamous January Direct, they fit 700 megatons in the last 5 minutes.

Time is not an issue.

Ansatz

What did you think about last year's Digital Event? People were saying the same thing then.

Toxi

Banned

Alternatively, this would be the part where the secondary character puts up a heroic last stand using all of his power only to be pasted across the floor with zero effort just to make the villain look even more powerful.

Man, Dragon Ball Z gave the weaker characters no respect outside Tien's awesome last stand and Yajirobe cutting off Vegeta's tail.

...I think I stopped with the Nintendo metaphor a while ago.

wishdom

I believe they showcased more gameplay and new games last E3 than any other companies, it was 50 minutes long iirc.

So hope is not lost :)

Verger

Banned
In the infamous January Direct, they fit 700 megatons in the last 5 minutes.

Time is not an issue.
I've completely forgotten what happened in that Direct.
What did you think about last year's Digital Event? People were saying the same thing then.
I've also completely forgotten what were the "big guns" of the 2014 DE. The only big game unveiled was Splatoon from what I recall. What else was there?

Doom might have level creation features, Fallout 4 as well with the ability to literally rebuild an entire city, but nothing beats Super Mario Maker with Mario riding a giant heel on top of a clown car while shooting fire balls at huge Bowser Jr. pixels.

Quoted for truth and wisdom.

I can't wait to get this game. My *eleven* year old says he can't wait either.

Top Bottom