• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

RagnarokX

I love the Clown Car's expression.

"I have no idea what I'm doing what is this oh geez oh GOD A GUY IN A HOOKER BOOT JUST JUMPED INSIDE ME!"

qVT07f2.gif

hatchx

Banned
So what can top the type of an FF7 remake from Nintendo? New Earthbound game? New Metroid? Pikmin 4? Nintendo VS Capcom?

Now that somehow Sony accomplished multiple fanboy dreams, I'm more optimistic Nintendo can do the same.

I've completely forgotten what happened in that Direct.

I've also completely forgotten what were the "big guns" of the 2014 DE. The only big game unveiled was Splatoon from what I recall.

The Digital Event last year had Smash, Splatoon, Zelda, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Mario Maker, Pokemon, Kirby, Captain Toad, and a lot more.

Verger

Banned
The Digital Event last year had Smash, Splatoon, Zelda, Yoshi, Xenoblade, Mario Maker, Pokemon, Kirby, Captain Toad, and a lot more.
Did those games really make a big impact though? I guess Zelda was a cool unveiling, but given it's sorta just stalled since then. Smash is smash and is kind of a set audience now, nothing that can really grow. Yoshi, Kirby and Toad are real small games comparitively.

Did those games really make a big impact though? I guess Zelda was a cool unveiling, but given it's sorta just stalled since then.

That wasn't the point. You were saying the duration of the DE is not enough, but they showed a lot of new stuff last year, along with more information on already revealed titles.

Verger

Banned
That wasn't the point. You were saying the duration of the DE is not enough, but they showed a lot of new stuff last year, along with more information on already revealed titles.
I guess I also meant to add that weren't most of those games already known or had been announced beforehand? I could have sworn most of them were.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I cant foresee any scenario in which N isnt overshadow by sony conf. that was one of the best ever done. that said, it is not a race to me and I am really happy of having being reassured about my future ps4 purchase, I just fear to be let down with the only current gen console I have so far, the wii u.
only a significant amount of new games and 3 or 4 very hot projects could make the day for me, but it clearly seems beyond their possibilities

Ansatz

I've completely forgotten what happened in that Direct.

I've also completely forgotten what were the "big guns" of the 2014 DE. The only big game unveiled was Splatoon from what I recall. What else was there?

Yoshi's Wolly World was unveiled, we knew as little about it as we know about Star Fox.
Captain Toad
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Canvas Curse 2)
Mario Maker
Zelda U (knew beforehand that they would show it, that's it)
Splatoon

Then ofc more info on Smash, Bayo 2, Xenoblade, Hyrule Warriors, Pokemon ORAS.

It's amazing how much Super Mario Maker has evolved over the past year. At E3 2014 it didn't seem to offer enough variety in the toybox. Now, holy shit they have everything. I can't wait.

CrisKre

It's amazing how much Super Mario Maker has evolved over the past year. At E3 2014 it didn't seem to offer enough variety in the toybox. Now, holy shit they have everything. I can't wait.
Behold the new EAD consolidation and restructuring. Really, they are pumping out a lot of great quality products. Look at where Splatoon was last year (20-30% done) and how quickly it turned out to be such an amazing game.

Verger

Banned
i can't see them beating that trifecta in terms of raw hype. that's a once in a lifetime hype bomb.
Yeah, that is pretty much an impossibility. I mean really, can anyone even name three games that Nintendo could make which would have even a remotely similar impact as those three games from Sony?

So tomorrow we have likely

Xenoblade X
Mario Maker
Star Fox
Smash DLC
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Amiibo stuff
Yoshi again

Yeah, that is pretty much an impossibility. I mean really, can anyone even name three games that Nintendo could make which would have even a remotely similar impact as those three games from Sony?

Xenoblade X
Mario Maker
Star Fox
Smash DLC
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Amiibo stuff
Yoshi again

Is 3DS having a separate direct this year or not? If not, then a lot of time will be dedicated to that ( Blastball!)

Verger

Banned
Is 3DS having a separate direct this year or not? If not, then a lot of time will be dedicated to that ( Blastball!)
Oh lol yeah. I forgot about anything 3DS...

...actually, what on earth does nintendo have for the 3ds? It's almost like they're abandoning that hardware too with how little support it's gotten..

Oh wait, Hyrule Warriors 3DS. that'll be htere for sure.

FZZ

Banned
Oh lol yeah. I forgot about anything 3DS...

...actually, what on earth does nintendo have for the 3ds? It's almost like they're abandoning that hardware too with how little support it's gotten..

Oh wait, Hyrule Warriors 3DS. that'll be htere for sure.

Pokemon Z

TDLink

i can't see them beating that trifecta in terms of raw hype. that's a once in a lifetime hype bomb.

Yeah, this. I think Sony has it this year.

For Nintendo to match it or surpass it they would need at least 3 or 4 of these:
  • Metroid Prime 4 for Wii U
  • New 2D Metroid either sprite based or developed on the Retro DKC engine
  • Star Fox looking Star Fox 64 style (on-rails) rather than something weird like...all of the subsequent ones
  • New F-Zero (or a F-Zero GX HD with Online)
  • New trailer for Zelda Wii U showing off some significant new things
  • Super Mario Galaxy 3
  • A big new console IP (like another Splatoon or Xenoblade X)
  • Mother 3 finally coming out (which would probably be about on par with Shenmue 3)
  • Nintendo Vs Capcom

I don't see it happening personally, but they might hit a few of those if we're lucky...maybe.

pupcoffee

Yoshi's Wolly World was unveiled, we knew as little about it as we know about Star Fox.
Captain Toad
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Canvas Curse 2)
Mario Maker
Zelda U (knew beforehand that they would show it, that's it)
Splatoon

Then ofc more info on Smash, Bayo 2, Xenoblade, Hyrule Warriors, Pokemon ORAS.

That was a special direct. Before then, the Wii U had so much less going for it. Captain Toad, Kirby, Splatoon have already come out and they all turned out great.

the other issue is as far as the direct goes, it's only what, 45-60 minutes total? There's not much time to showcase a lot of stuff. All I can see is them having just enough time to go over all the stuff we already know already to be honest. And it cannot go longer than 60 minutes since the E3 Expo begins at 10am and there's no way they'd seep into that.

well last year we got

Super Smash Bros for wii u and 3ds
Yoshi Wooly World
Captain Toad Treasure tracker (new game)
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Pokemon gen 3 remake
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (new game)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Mario Maker (new game)
Splatoon (new game)
Star Fox (new game)
Mario Vs donkey Kong tipping stars (new game)

that was all during the conference then there was stuff revealed during the treehouse live

Mario Party 10
Project guard
Project giant robot

Then of course Code name steam so i wouldnt worry too much about the time limit.

KingBroly

Banned
I have to wonder why we've never had those types of crazy combinations in Mario games before. It just seems so...INSANE. It's like a brand new Mario game finally, the evolution people who've played and loved Mario have waited for forever. I sorta wish you could switch out Mario with any other character so I could finally have Yoshi ride Mario and drop him into a death pit!

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Nintendo's Digital Event all of a sudden. It just feels like disappointment is coming in a big way. I'd love to be wrong, but it happened in 2012 and 2013, and it's popping up again.

Toxi

Banned

Xenoblade X
Mario Maker
Star Fox
Smash DLC
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Amiibo stuff
Yoshi again
BLASTBALL!

And.... uh... BLASTBALL!

I actually think Blastball looks cool.

Toad.T

Banned
I mean really, can anyone even name three games that Nintendo could make which would have even a remotely similar impact as those three games from Sony?

Mother 3 remake on the level of graphical fidelity of FFVII-R

Pokemon multigen console MMO debuting with the DeNa account system

New F-Zero, 1080p 60fps, loaded with online stuff

Metroid Prime 4, co-developed by Armature

Mik317

Sony had things that super appealed to me...Nintendo can do that too even if it in a smaller scale.

I suspect we see:
Star Fox
XCX (Release Date)
Quick Yoshi Trailer and release date
Super Hax Maker
Miyamoto Projects if they didn't get placed in Star Fox (Project guard probably did/should)
Rare Project (Diddy)
Chibi Robo
3DS Localizations (Bravely Second, Yokai Watch, DQ)

Possible:
Metroid
Animal Crossing
New Garage Game
Paper Mario Wii U

IDK maybe?:
3D Kirby
Old Dead IP Not so Dead
PunchOut

Nah Son Nah:
Zelda
New 3D Mario

Would be neat but no
Pokemon Z?

Iwata sees what Sony did and doubles down:
Mother 3 Remake Bitch

Outside of Pokemon, the 3DS is the weird wildcard...I suspect they have something huge for winter for that. I still think Super Mario 3dLand 2 is possible.

Should be a solid show. Hopefully the new stuff is amazing

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guys, I don't know. We have NO idea what to expect from Nintendo tomorrow. They pretty much showed all the stuff we already knew about in the last week.

This Digital Event is literally unpredictable. We just DON'T KNOW.

It could go either way. It's either gonna be the greatest thing or the biggest shit.

So what can top the type of an FF7 remake from Nintendo? New Earthbound game? New Metroid? Pikmin 4? Nintendo VS Capcom?

Now that somehow Sony accomplished multiple fanboy dreams, I'm more optimistic Nintendo can do the same.
I really don't understand the hype for the FF7 remake. We knew it was coming eventually, but to me its well past the point where it would have been interesting (would have been a great PS3/PS4 launch title). Moreover, all they showed was a trailer, that looked basically the same as the FF7 spinoffs. Okay? I guess I look forward to playing that in 2017 (or 20xx knowing Square.) All we got was a little CG teaser. All the other gameplay stuff Sony showcased was more interesting to me.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
well last year we got

Super Smash Bros for wii u and 3ds
Yoshi Wooly World
Captain Toad Treasure tracker (new game)
Legend of Zelda Wii U
Pokemon gen 3 remake
Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (new game)
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Mario Maker (new game)
Splatoon (new game)
Star Fox (new game)
Mario Vs donkey Kong tipping stars (new game)

that was all during the conference then there was stuff revealed during the treehouse live

Mario Party 10
Project guard
Project giant robot

Then of course Code name steam so i wouldnt worry too much about the time limit.

And mario vs donkey kong which was also a cross title.

Verger

Banned
I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Nintendo's Digital Event all of a sudden. It just feels like disappointment is coming in a big way. I'd love to be wrong, but it happened in 2012 and 2013, and it's popping up again.
Well again, this is Nintendo trying to steer a sinking ship with the Wii U. It makes more sense for them to take the hit this year in terms of PR and not invest too much money in developing games for the console and instead pool their resources and studios behind trying to build up future infrastructure and games for the next hardware. Because there's no way they can get the Wii U to sell anymore given how bad it lags in the hardware power and in how pubic perception of the console is extremely dismal.

JoeM86

Metroid. Simple as.

Verger

Banned
Metroid. Simple as.
Not really sorry. I love Metroid and the Prime games to death (my all time favorites), but that series definitely doesn't have the following that FF7 does.

FF7 has a crazy following I cannot even begin to understand. I honestly do not understand it since I never got the love for that game when it came out. It is beyond me.

Delio

Guys, I don't know. We have NO idea what to expect from Nintendo tomorrow. They pretty much showed all the stuff we already knew about in the last week.

This Digital Event is literally unpredictable. We just DON'T KNOW.

It could go either way. It's either gonna be the greatest thing or the biggest shit.

True they could just show a ton of new things as they have been dropping things here and there. I honestly dont think Wooly World will be in the Direct.

FrsDvl

Nintendo has 50 minutes to throw out announcement after announcement. They don't have to show much gameplay if any, cause that's what Treehouse Live is for.

I'm excited!

Ansatz

Xenoblade X
Mario Maker
Star Fox
Smash DLC
Hyrule Warriors DLC
Amiibo stuff
Yoshi again

Depends on the taste in games of the individual you're asking. I mean I went batshit insane when they announced Kid Icarus Uprising after 2 decades of waiting, but I imagine that did nothing to many other people, likewise my expression was flat during the entire Sony conference, there was nothing that excited me personally.

Anyway I would add:

Animal Crossing U
Fire Emblem If (Awakening 2)
Retro Studios game (popular guesses: Metroid Prime 4 / Diddy Kong Racing / New IP)

We might also see:

Devil's Third
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Project Treasure (Namco's goofy F2P title for Wii U)

And don't forget we already had Earthbound Beginnings and Ryu/Roy for Smash.

Possibilities:

Paper Mario
Mario Sunshine HD
EAD Tokyo's next 3D Mario (Galaxy 3)
Next Level Games (Punch Out?)
Perhaps Blast Ball indicates Metroid Prime Hunters 2 for 3DS
3rd Platinum game (perhaps it's Star Fox) since they haven't really announced anything new yet

FZZ

Banned
Mother 4 squanders all Sony hype and effectively implodes the industry

Did you see GAF after a fucking NES port was released here on VC?

Imagine that by a factor of 100.

Hiltz

Sadly, I doubt Capcom has any interest in supporting Wii U at all.

Jintor

i never understood the ffvii hype either, but my first was ffviii and I 100% missed the zeitgeist on ffvii so I'm not too bothered. I went back eventually and I got it eventually. It's a pretty cool game, but it was definitely something infinitely better in its time.

Top Bottom