• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not really sorry. I love Metroid and the Prime games to death (my all time favorites), but that series definitely doesn't have the following that FF7 does.

FF7 has a crazy following I cannot even begin to understand. I honestly do not understand it since I never got the love for that game when it came out. It is beyond me.

wut? ffvii is a remake. great, but prime4 would be way more interesting to me. fact is that sony showed also shemmue3, tlg and a couple of new IP

RagnarokX

I have to wonder why we've never had those types of crazy combinations in Mario games before. It just seems so...INSANE. It's like a brand new Mario game finally, the evolution people who've played and loved Mario have waited for forever. I sorta wish you could switch out Mario with any other character so I could finally have Yoshi ride Mario and drop him into a death pit!

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about Nintendo's Digital Event all of a sudden. It just feels like disappointment is coming in a big way. I'd love to be wrong, but it happened in 2012 and 2013, and it's popping up again.

Because it makes the game unbalanced and goes against Mario design philosophy. Trolling players and stuff is okay for this game because it's users doing it and it's not a "real" Mario game. As for powerups, Kuribo's shoe hasn't been available since SMB3, and even then it was only in 1 level. Mario games have allowed a combination of Fire Mario + lakitu cloud, which is pretty much the same thing as the clown car but temporary.

The NSMB games, NSMBWii and NSMBU especially, have been the evolution of 2D Mario. The keep the sensibilities of what came before them while expanding on them greatly. While awesome, Super Mario Maker will most likely lack the tools necessary to create most of the advanced level concepts of the most recent games.

Note that this is not the first time Nintendo has done crazy combinations with Mario. See the e-Reader content for Super Mario Advance 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC6zC29pKCc

KingBroly

Banned
If a new Metroid game got announced, at least we know we'd be playing it by the end of next year most likely. Square can say 2017 for FF7r but they're not really known for their efficiency when it comes to making games.

Metroid still wouldn't beat it hype-wise, unless it was like an MGS2 level of trailer.

D-Man

Controversial opinion here, but outside of, like, Shotgun Kiss, the soundtrack of GX was kind of... ass. Admittedly, it's become a big part of the game's identity, but I would love to have the soundtrack more in line with the butt-rock of X on the N64.
Finally someone gets me! GX is a great game but its lackluster soundtrack is the main reason why I prefer X. Dat metal/rock OST fit the series like a glove.

Verger

Banned
Well, the only game that Nintendo has revealed which was to the level of the three Sony just unveiled was Twilight Princess. And that was because a "mature Zelda" had been given a "mythical" status after the bait-and-switch of Zelda GC Demo to Zelda: Wind Waker and leaving people to wonder if Nintendo would ever make a "mature Zelda".

I'm trying to think of something that has reached the level of "Nintendo would never do that" which would shock people.
wut? ffvii is a remake. great, but prime4 would be way more interesting to me. fact is that sony showed also shemmue3, tlg and a couple of new IP
Hey Prime 4 would be amazing to me as the Prime series are my favorite games (and I mentioned I do not get FF7). Problem is I'd rather it not be on the Wii U because I'd like to be assuredly successful. And as for widespread consumer reaction, I don't think it'd sadly touch the three games from Sony's conference.

Taker666

I'm not personally expecting much in the way of major bombs.

Lets not forget that Nintendo have made it clear their event is all about showing games launching in 2015/early 2016..they uave said multiple times now that it's about games launching in the near future (hence why Zelda is not being shown).

We already have more than 1 first party game per month announced for Wii U in 2015...so I can't say I'm expecting more than a handful of new Nintendo games being announced.

I think we'll get Starfox, Metroid, Paper Mario, probably Animal Crossing and whatever Tantalus games has (probably Minecraft) for Wii U.

It would be sad in the digital event they showed:
-Fatal Frame (I support it but its out for almost a YEAR in japan)
-Xenoblade (Ok a english trailer would be fine, but to go in depth no. People done already seen the game beat and all kinds of information through youtube and twitch.)
-Yoshi (Coming out like next week in Europe)
-Too Much Mario Maker
-Devil's Third (Yall showed that last week)
-Smashbros (Yall showed that yesterday!)
-Mario Kart 8
-2D donkey kong country
-Blast Ball (but I know its metroid)

Treehouse could show all of that stuff

TDLink

I agree with you in general but I don't think Shenmue 3 is really as big as people are making it either. It's a niche game a lot of people here have wanted but I think it will be relatively low impact. Still happy for everyone who wanted it just because it's finally happening for them. A similar sized announcement from Nintendo would probably be Mother 3. Metroid Prime is probably more comparable to The Last Guardian.

Smellycat

I am not expecting megatons from Nintendo especially since their next gen console is most likely launching next year. Anyone expecting megatons that rival Sony's conference is out of their mind. But then again, Sony's trifecta is pretty empty (at least FFVII and Shenmue III) as both games probably won't be out till at least 2017, and the Last Guardian looks exactly the same as before and we have been told repeatedly that it exists. So, maybe teasers for games far into the future might have the same effect, but it would have to be of games that have gamers have been dying for.

Save the megatons for next year's E3 conference.

I think it is going to be:

AC: WiiU
Hyrule Warriors
Starfox
3rd Donkey Kong game
Yoshi
Splatoon DLC
Fire Emblem

hatchx

Banned
Sadly, I doubt Capcom has any interest in supporting Wii U at all.

I have a feeling a Nintendo VS Capcom game would be heavily supported by Nintendo, if not outright funded and published. It's also something that you know will re-release through-out the ages, even if it doesn't perform well on WiiU.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
-Xenoblade (Ok a english trailer would be fine, but to go in depth no. People done already seen the game beat and all kinds of information through youtube and twitch.)
-Too Much Mario Maker
-Mario Kart 8
-2D donkey kong country

I don't think we will get any of the bolded showed. All of those will be in the Treehouse live or separate videos as they've done at last E3 with Mario Party 10.

TDLink

-Too Much Mario Maker
-Mario Kart 8
-2D donkey kong country

Most of this stuff probably won't be in the event as, like you pointed out, they've already talked about it in the last week or so at some point. Xenoblade may get a trailer but it may just be Treehouse. It will definitely get a release date. Mario Maker will definitely be there. Blast Ball will be revealed as Metroid something probably. Devil's Third and Fatal Frame are probably Treehouse only though. I don't expect anything new for Smash considering the Smash thing sunday morning.

knkng

Well, the only game that Nintendo has revealed which was to the level of the three Sony just unveiled was Twilight Princess. And that was because a "mature Zelda" had been given a "mythical" status after the bait-and-switch of Zelda GC Demo to Zelda: Wind Waker and leaving people to wonder if Nintendo would ever make a "mature Zelda".

I'm trying to think of something that has reached the level of "Nintendo would never do that" which would shock people.

Hey Prime 4 would be amazing to me as the Prime series are my favorite games (and I mentioned I do not get FF7). Problem is I'd rather it not be on the Wii U because I'd like to be assuredly successful. And as for widespread consumer reaction, I don't think it'd sadly touch the three games from Sony's conference.

Obviously hype is good since it gets people interested in buying your product, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I'd take pretty much any new Nintendo game (or any game period) over a FF7 remake. Just because people are blowing a bunch of hot air over it, it doesn't automatically make it the greatest thing ever.

Now Shenmue III was a legit great announcement, but it's gonna be a while until we even see anything from that unfortunately.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

it seems to me that you judge from a point od view that prefer, for respectable personal tastes, other productions over nintendo games.
As you can read I am pessimist but not because N hasnt the IP, dev teams or potential to light peoples fire, Id say the opposite, but because I cant see them put together their big guns for today, considering the dev cycle, the financiak situation and the wiiu status

-Too Much Mario Maker
-Mario Kart 8
-2D donkey kong country

Would love new stuff for MK8! Can't get enough of it.

Diffense

If Nintendo feels like they have to "drop the bomb" they're not above not above announcing games early for hype reasons. I think the story with SSB4 was that it was announced before Sakurai had even moved on from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Anyway, the thing that's weird about this E3 is how much we know *won't* be there. They already told us they won't be talking about NX otherwise we might have been hyped about that possibility. Zelda has been delayed and went into hiding so we won't be getting many details on that. They had a pre-E3 micro-direct during which they spoke about some games. We don't expect those games to get a lot of time during the E3 direct also.

So Nintendo's performance tomorrow can only be very exciting or very boring. There's no middle ground at this point.

evanmisha

My predictions:

Star Fox
Third party game
Regular sized New 3DS hardware
Account system and reward program details
Some eShop sale, maybe surrounding new VC games
Xenoblade X dub footage
Fatal Frame
New IP spawned from one of last year's tech demos
Super Mario Maker and Amiibo
Yoshi
Blast Ball
Fire Emblem if
Animal Crossing Wii U and HHA academy game and Amiibo
Splatoon DLC
Mario Kart DLC
Another third party game
Indie sizzle reel
Yo-kai Watch
Some Wii U and/or 3DS app
HD remaster or port between handheld and console
Revival of a dead IP

Developer roundtable is Zelda

Fingers crossed for Inazuma Eleven 2 but it ain't gonna fuckin' happen

Verger

Banned
Obviously hype is good since it gets people interested in buying your product, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I'd take pretty much any new Nintendo game (or any game period) over a FF7 remake. Just because people are blowing a bunch of hot air over it, it doesn't automatically make it the greatest thing ever.

Now Shenmue III was a legit great announcement, but it's gonna be a while until we even see anything from that unfortunately.
Well yeah. I mean look at the aforementioned Bayonetta 2. It was such a huge "bomb" when it was revealed it was a Nintendo exclusive and was talked about everywhere, especially on this forum. But when it all came down to it, the game was released and the sales were just abysmal. So clearly the online hype was misleading as to the market for this game in actuality.
it seems to me that you judge from a point od view that prefer, for respectable personal tastes, other productions over nintendo games.
As you can read I am pessimist but not because N hasnt the IP, dev teams or potential to light peoples fire, Id say the opposite, but because I cant see them put together their big guns for today, considering the dev cycle, the financiak situation and the wiiu status
No, I think something like a brand new Mario 64-type game or a Zelda blowout or something unexpected that has a lot of Nintendo development resources put into it would do well. But like you, I am not sure that Nintendo is in the situation to pull something off given as you said the sunsetting of the Wii U and the overall financial situation.

Not to mention Nintendo's deal with DeNA and what will come out of that for mobile. Though I imagine something like that would be unveiled in Japan first before anything else.

JoeM86

I completely forgot about Pokemon. It's turning 20 next year, right? Time for anniversary project announcement?

Pokémon main games are never revealed at E3.

Not to mention Nintendo's deal with DeNA and what will come out of that for mobile. Though I imagine something like that would be unveiled in Japan first before anything else.

Iwata has said that no mobile will be at E3

My predictions:

Star Fox
Third party game
Regular sized New 3DS hardware
Account system and reward program details
Some eShop sale, maybe surrounding new VC games
Xenoblade X dub footage
Fatal Frame
New IP spawned from one of last year's tech demos
Super Mario Maker and Amiibo
Yoshi
Blast Ball
Fire Emblem if
Animal Crossing Wii U and HHA academy game and Amiibo
Splatoon DLC
Mario Kart DLC
Another third party game
Indie sizzle reel
Yo-kai Watch
Some Wii U and/or 3DS app
HD remaster or port between handheld and console
Revival of a dead IP

Developer roundtable is Zelda

Fingers crossed for Inazuma Eleven 2 but it ain't gonna fuckin' happen
Im gonna stomp on your hype a little bit.. there is no roundtable lol

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm going to express what others have said and state that the real winners are us, the gamers. No company "wins" an E3, and really we as gamers win the most because of all these awesome titles coming out, for whatever platform you fancy.

Dryk

Yall are so worried that yall falling asleep early lol.. This gon be good
There's not much that I know is coming that I want to see so I'm feeling a bit meh about the whole thing. But nobody could've called that Nintendo were going to announce an online team shooter and a sequel to fucking Canvas Curse last year so speculating about it seems pointless.

Griss

Right, I'm off to bed. Just rewatched last year's Digital Event and man there's no way they're topping that, I'd forgotten just how amazing it was.

-Smash Bros Hype, Mii Character Reveal and Full Features Unveiled
-Amiibo Full Reveal
-Yoshi Wooly World Reveal
-Treasure Trackers Reveal
-Kirby Rainbow Curse Reveal
-Zelda Wii U Reveal
-More Bayo 2 Footage
-More Hyrule Warriors Footage
-More Xenoblade Chronicles X Footage
-Mario Maker Reveal
-Splatoon Reveal
-Palutena Reveal for Smash Bros

If we come anywhere near that tomorrow my jaw will be on the floor. It would require a new Metroid for Wii U to get anywhere near it (as that would match the Zelda reveal for me) as well as a new IP to rival Splatoon. I just can't see it, but I live in hope.

Last year was GOAT though...

Did no Zelda at e3 mean just no playable version, or not even a trailer to end the conference? Because I still fully expect Zelda at the end with a title reveal

Anth0ny

Right, I'm off to bed. Just rewatched last year's Digital Event and man there's no way they're topping that, I'd forgotten just how amazing it was.

-Smash Bros Hype, Mii Character Reveal and Full Features Unveiled
-Amiibo Full Reveal
-Yoshi Wooly World Reveal
-Treasure Trackers Reveal
-Kirby Rainbow Curse Reveal
-Zelda Wii U Reveal
-More Bayo 2 Footage
-More Hyrule Warriors Footage
-More Xenoblade Chronicles X Footage
-Mario Maker Reveal
-Splatoon Reveal
-Palutena Reveal for Smash Bros

If we come anywhere near that tomorrow my jaw will be on the floor. It would require a new Metroid for Wii U to get anywhere near it (as that would match the Zelda reveal for me) as well as a new IP to rival Splatoon. I just can't see it, but I live in hope.

Last year was GOAT though...

Don't forget about Star Fox, which came from completely out of nowhere.

I doubt this year will live up to last year, but it should still be fun.

Taker666

Did no Zelda at e3 mean just no playable version, or not even a trailer to end the conference? Because I still fully expect Zelda at the end with a title reveal

They said "No Zelda"..I expect no Zelda (other than Hyrule Warriors 3DS). They've made it very clear (multiple times) that their Digital Event is about games launching in 2015 early 2016.

Dryk

It seems like a lot more time has passed since Splatoon and Amiibos were announced. Hard to believe it's only been a year.

qko

Digital Event of Lowered Expectations:

Announced 59 minutes

Robot Chicken is back. Intro (5 minutes).

Miyamoto in a white room fiddling on the game pad with stylus: Super Mario Maker + in game Footage +release date September (8 minutes).

Aounuma talking to us, story of how Hyrule Warriors was such a success, now on 3DS trailer and tetra+king of Dragons, October(5 minutes).

Miyamoto again, white room again, using gamepad like steering wheel, talks something about games taking you wherever your imagination takes you, white room becomes space: Star Fox +Trailer + gameplay and October release date. (9 minutes).

Release date announcements (5 minutes):
Yoshi wooly World (July)
Xenoblade (Early 2016)
Chibi Robo (August)

Reggie talks Amiibo (7 minutes)

Amiibo portion talks about animal crossing Happy Home thingamajig Cards, Reggie tells us to look at this...

Animal Crossing U
More town, more characters, more Isabelle, Tom Nook is Real Estate agent or banker or some money grubbing scheme.(6 minutes)

You want 3rd party? We got Third party: Nindies Sizzle Reel , QUBE Appears again making it the 7th time it appears on Directs. Fast Neo racing looking amazing. (4 minutes).

Reggie gives us thanks, tells us there is one more surprise for Wii U and 3DS...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Diddy's Kong Quest 2. Diddy Racing Mini game included. 5 minutes

Nintendoland 3DS. Thank you for watching: Fireworks.( 5 minutes)
Watch treehouse after the Event!

Top Bottom