• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

knkng

Well yeah. I mean look at the aforementioned Bayonetta 2. It was such a huge "bomb" when it was revealed it was a Nintendo exclusive and was talked about everywhere, especially on this forum. But when it all came down to it, the game was released and the sales were just abysmal. So clearly the online hype was misleading as to the market for this game in actuality.

Indeed. Although, in all fairness, I'm sure FF7 Remake will enjoy healthy sales. I just don't put as much stock into it as say, Splatoon or The Last Guardian. I feel like those are games that will still have some meaning to the industry years from now.

So will Nintendo beat the hype of FF7? Probably not. But as long as they give us something good to play, who really cares?

Griss

Don't forget about Star Fox, which came from completely out of nowhere.

I doubt this year will live up to last year, but it should still be fun.

Yeah, but that wasn't in the Event though, right? (Unless I just missed it by skipping through.)

Pretty sure Miyamoto's three pet projects (Star Fox, Project Robot and the Tower Defence game) were revealed outside of the event - and people were relieved that they did so because they looked ropey and undeveloped as hell.

But yeah, you can count Star Fox as a general E3 reveal from last year. They were on fire.

I have a feeling there will be a Wii U remaster reveal for their event. The thing is though, what?

Metroid Prime or Mario Galaxy. Has to be one of those two.

I actually stand by my prediction then because isn't there supposed to be no Zelda footage this E3 or something? That was the only thing I had trouble guessing.

There's not much that I know is coming that I want to see so I'm feeling a bit meh about the whole thing. But nobody could've called that Nintendo were going to announce an online team shooter and a sequel to fucking Canvas Curse last year so speculating about it seems pointless.
You guys are actually right let me continue my shtick, that is Nintendo are habitual liars

Usobuko

Banned
So what can top the type of an FF7 remake from Nintendo? New Earthbound game? New Metroid? Pikmin 4? Nintendo VS Capcom?

Now that somehow Sony accomplished multiple fanboy dreams, I'm more optimistic Nintendo can do the same.

They don't have to because it's a relative metric. And to be frank, the popularity of these games can't be compare to FFVII either.

For me, Nintendo just need to fund more games by collaborating with JPN developers like W101 and Bayonetta 2. I always like most of their first party games but as a whole I prefer the third party JPN developers much more.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sony really brought down the house today. It's gonna take some fantasmic to top that. And there's only one thing that can: a 3DS port of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat.

dickroach

Digital Event of Lowered Expectations:

sounds incredibly reasonable; i'm sure it will go a lot like that... but they better show more than two new games. two new games that people are totally already expecting. they need a handful of new games like last year, or one Wii U bombshell to make all the E3 hype worthwhile.

also I dunno why but I have some odd hunch that Sticker Star 2 is getting announced tomorrow.

Mory Dunz

So what can top the type of an FF7 remake from Nintendo? New Earthbound game? New Metroid? Pikmin 4? Nintendo VS Capcom?

Now that somehow Sony accomplished multiple fanboy dreams, I'm more optimistic Nintendo can do the same.

Eh, why?

If it's about "winning" E3, that boat has sailed.

I just want games that look cool and will come out in 2015 and 2016. Doesn't need megatons

qko

sounds incredibly reasonable; i'm sure it will go a lot like that... but they better show more than two new games. two new games that people are totally already expecting. they need a handful of new games like last year, or one Wii U bombshell to make all the E3 hype worthwhile.

also I dunno why but I have some odd hunch that Sticker Star 2 is getting announced tomorrow.

It's why I always create a lowered expectations direct post.

Kill the hype, and let the hype come to you. Sober up and watch the magic happen.

Yeah, but that wasn't in the Event though, right? (Unless I just missed it by skipping through.)

Pretty sure Miyamoto's three pet projects (Star Fox, Project Robot and the Tower Defence game) were revealed outside of the event - and people were relieved that they did so because they looked ropey and undeveloped as hell.

But yeah, you can count Star Fox as a general E3 reveal from last year. They were on fire.
He was playing Star Fox at the end, but it was blurred out so you couldn't see what it was.

Dang0

I think Metroid Prime 3ds is going to happen. Blast Ball looks too much like Hunters for it not to be a multiplayer mode for Metroid.

Verger

Banned
Like I said, the only way Zelda shows up this year is if it is a Twilight Princess remake.

Which I'd like. That game could definitely use one.

Floridian

Metroid Prime or Mario Galaxy. Has to be one of those two.
Metroid Prime I could possibly see. As for the first mario galaxy, that's also a possibility but seeing as how they made the sequel available for the Wii U without any upgrade, it'd still be odd if there isn't a double-pack remaster of both the galaxy games.

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Retro's game.
Not sure about Donkey Kong. I'd imagine it would be from a more popular franchise, but I guess anything's possible.

Twilight Princess?

I have no idea. >_>

I don't know about Twilight Princess. I mean it's already available on both GameCube & the Wii. Plus they already remade a Zelda game for the Wii U, so I wouldn't be sure why they would feel the need to make another Zelda HD game.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
1. Star Fox Announcement Trailer (Episodic, Multiplayer Mode Announced, Oct Release, Amiibo Support)
2. Super Mario Maker Footage (Sept Release, Amiibo Line)
3. 30th Anniversary Mario - Super Mario Sunshine Wii U HD Reveal (Sept Release)
4. Fire Emblem If & FE X SMT Footage (2016 Release, Similar Promotion to FE:A & SMT4 Revealed)
5. Xenoblade Chronicle X Footage (Oct Release)
6. Animal Crossing U & 3DS Reveal/Footage respectively (November Release, Amiibo Line)
7. Retro Announcement: Metroid (2016)
8. Diddy Kong Racing 2 (November Release, Amiibo Support)
9. 3rd-Party Sizzle Real (Project Treasure, DragonBall Z, Monster Hunter, Indies, etc.)
10. Kid Icarus: Uprising HD Reveal (Early 2016, Amiibo Support)
11. Pokemon Announcement (Most likely Pokemon Z)
12. Nintendo New IP Reveal (2016)
13. Finishing Statement: Old IP Revival Reveal (2016)

Rubixcuba

Banned
1. Star Fox Announcement Trailer (Episodic, Multiplayer Mode Announced, Oct Release, Amiibo Support)
4. Fire Emblem If & FE X SMT Footage (2016 Release, Similar Promotion to FE:A & SMT4 Revealed)
6. Animal Crossing U & 3DS Reveal/Footage respectively (November Release, Amiibo Line)
9. 3rd-Party Sizzle Real (Project Treasure, DragonBall Z, Monster Hunter, Indies, etc.)

Perfection.

Indeed. Although, in all fairness, I'm sure FF7 Remake will enjoy healthy sales. I just don't put as much stock into it as say, Splatoon or The Last Guardian. I feel like those are games that will still have some meaning to the industry years from now.

So will Nintendo beat the hype of FF7? Probably not. But as long as they give us something good to play, who really cares?

Its a remake of a game that sold just under 10 Million copies, crazy if you think its not as big as splatoon

I expect same thing as say year, a few solid games and a few games barely out of prototype stage as filler

FZZ

Banned

Vinny you are the best.

Roo

Watch them announce GCN games for the Wii U VC
First game: Super Mario Sunshine
Available right after the event lololol

Smellycat

Hyrule Warriors 3DS?

weekev

Banned
I genuinely think they are gonna pull some kind of random 3rd party monster from somewhere. My money is on a full 3d openworld Megaman game.

ASIS

there's no way they can top Sony this year, forget abut it. But that's OK. Nintendo can still have a strong E3 without "winning" E3.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
there's no way they can top Sony this year, forget abut it. But that's OK. Nintendo can still have a strong E3 without "winning" E3.

Considering what they've already shown, my bet is they've got stuff we never even knew we wanted ready to go. Megatons on top of megatons.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hyrule Warriors 3DS?

Already announced/leaked.

It will have a separate trailer much like Mario Party 10 had and be featured on Treehouse live surely.

Anyway, these are my personal predictions, some entry lines might differ from the main event but this is the bulk of what I expect will be showcased to be honest.

Watch them announce GCN games for the Wii U VC
First game: Super Mario Sunshine
Available right after the event lololol

That'd be great, but I would rather have an HD version personally.

Verger

Banned
Considering what they've already shown, my bet is they've got stuff we never even knew we wanted ready to go. Megatons on top of megatons.
Just because they've "already shown" stuff, doesn't mean it won't stop them from showing it again. If there's one thing Nintendo has done consistently in the past is shown stuff we've already known about.

I fully expect a 8 minute presentation of Xenoblade X tomorrow :p

Just because they've "already shown" stuff, doesn't mean it won't stop them from showing it again. If there's one thing Nintendo has done consistently in the past is shown stuff we've already known about.

Alright outta here with that.. :p

Intel_89

Nintendo needs something huge to win this year, like Dragon Quest XI/new Chrono Trigger and Monster Hunter 5 U/new Mega Man game to have a chance. Either that or a new game by Mr. Itoi.

Verger

Banned
By the way, will Miyamoto even be at E3 this year? I know Iwata is not going....

That's another reason why I think Nintendo won't have anything "big" this year, since Iwata is going to sit it out. If they had something groundbreaking there's no way he wouldn't be here.

Gin

Digital Event of Lowered Expectations:

Announced 59 minutes

Robot Chicken is back. Intro (5 minutes).

Miyamoto in a white room fiddling on the game pad with stylus: Super Mario Maker + in game Footage +release date September (8 minutes).

Aounuma talking to us, story of how Hyrule Warriors was such a success, now on 3DS trailer and tetra+king of Dragons, October(5 minutes).

Miyamoto again, white room again, using gamepad like steering wheel, talks something about games taking you wherever your imagination takes you, white room becomes space: Star Fox +Trailer + gameplay and October release date. (9 minutes).

Release date announcements (5 minutes):
Yoshi wooly World (July)
Xenoblade (Early 2016)
Chibi Robo (August)

Reggie talks Amiibo (7 minutes)

Amiibo portion talks about animal crossing Happy Home thingamajig Cards, Reggie tells us to look at this...

Animal Crossing U
More town, more characters, more Isabelle, Tom Nook is Real Estate agent or banker or some money grubbing scheme.(6 minutes)

You want 3rd party? We got Third party: Nindies Sizzle Reel , QUBE Appears again making it the 7th time it appears on Directs. Fast Neo racing looking amazing. (4 minutes).

Reggie gives us thanks, tells us there is one more surprise for Wii U and 3DS...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Diddy's Kong Quest 2. Diddy Racing Mini game included. 5 minutes

Nintendoland 3DS. Thank you for watching: Fireworks.( 5 minutes)
Watch treehouse after the Event!

This makes me sad... As I can see nintendo doin something exactly like this.

Just want metroid.. Nintendo pls

JoeM86

True, but they wouldn't have had the Direct two weeks ago if they were just going to show the same information in the Digital Event. The stuff over the past two weeks is stuff that I am certain will not be in the Digital Event. Why else would they have shown it then?

I do hope you're wrong about Xenoblade, though. E3 has become more international than US-centric and to waste so much time on a game that's out in Japan is painful.

By the way, will Miyamoto even be at E3 this year? I know Iwata is not going....

That's another reason why I think Nintendo won't have anything "big" this year, since Iwata is going to sit it out. If they had something groundbreaking there's no way he wouldn't be here.

Just because Iwata isn't in LA for this doesn't mean the Digital Event won't have big stuff. That's specious reasoning

Top Bottom