• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

By the way, will Miyamoto even be at E3 this year? I know Iwata is not going....

That's another reason why I think Nintendo won't have anything "big" this year, since Iwata is going to sit it out. If they had something groundbreaking there's no way he wouldn't be here.
He was there Sunday for the NWC

Iwata's not going? Never heard. Got a link?

Two hopes: Metroid, and Smash Bros Melee playable on WiiU in some form; whether it be like the wii digital titles, or an HD remaster. (SUPER stretch)

Also, Star Fox, please be good.

Edit: Also, unless Nintendo has a Metroid or Mario caliber announcement, they are not going to get anywhere near the levels of hype surrounding Microsoft and Sony right now. In my opinion, Nintendo is more than likely poised to have the weakest showing at E3 this year.

Verger

Banned
True, but they wouldn't have had the Direct two weeks ago if they were just going to show the same information in the Digital Event. The stuff over the past two weeks is stuff that I am certain will not be in the Digital Event.

I do hope you're wrong about Xenoblade, though. E3 has become more international than US-centric and to waste so much time on a game that's out in Japan is painful.
The problem is the Directs are geared towards core audiences, where as I imagine the E3 Direct may be directed at a more wider audience, so they'd want to reiterate some stuff for that.

I hope I'm wrong about Xenoblade too, but most of the stuff shown has been in the Japanese Directs and from Importers. Very little has been shown and nothing localized, so I would imagine Nintendo would try to show off a localized version to reach a wider audience, especially with Trinnen saying this game should be as big as a Zelda game.

By the way, will Miyamoto even be at E3 this year? I know Iwata is not going....

That's another reason why I think Nintendo won't have anything "big" this year, since Iwata is going to sit it out. If they had something groundbreaking there's no way he wouldn't be here.
How you aint see all those pics of Miyamoto the past few days????

Iwata not going due to no new hardware

Yrael

I don't know about Twilight Princess. I mean it's already available on both GameCube & the Wii. Plus they already remade a Zelda game for the Wii U, so I wouldn't be sure why they would feel the need to make another Zelda HD game.

I suppose it is more likely that it'd be released on their next console, if it ever does get remade.

Verger

Banned

Ah. Didn't know he was at the NWC, so at least he's around.

As for Iwata: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/18/nintendos-president-wont-be-at-e3-2015
Nintendo told IGN today that company President Satoru Iwata would be skipping E3 for the second consecutive year in a row.

In a statement, the company said, “Nintendo’s focus for E3 this year will be showcasing the many games we have coming for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Mr. Miyamoto and other members of our development team will be in Los Angeles to explain these games and the unique experiences that each offers. Mr. Iwata’s focus in this period will be on other areas of our business that require his presence in Japan.”

Nintendo assures that Iwata will be in ‘constant contact’ with the away team in Los Angeles, and he will monitor the reaction to Nintendo’s announcements.
He wasn't at E3 last year due to his illness. So him not being here this year was due to a more conscious choice regarding business.

knkng

Its a remake of a game that sold just under 10 Million copies, crazy if you think its not as big as splatoon

Final Fantasy 7 is big, but a remake is just a remake. I don't think it adds anything substantial in the grand scheme of things. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I was just pointing out that hype is not a good indicator to go by.

For example, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever, and I love the 3DS remake, but I don't think it's as important as getting brand new games. I'd gladly trade both OoT and Majora's Mask 3D for a proper Fantasy Life 2 on 3DS.

It's not a popular opinion (nor will this happen) but I'd like to see NX already, or at least maybe some vertical slice type material running on a target spec for the console. Gimme some next level 3d Mario, as it doesn't seem like we're getting a proper Galaxy level installment this gen anyhow :/

JoeM86

The problem is the Directs are geared towards core audiences, where as I imagine the E3 Direct may be directed at a more wider audience, so they'd want to reiterate some stuff for that.

I hope I'm wrong about Xenoblade too, but most of the stuff shown has been in the Japanese Directs and from Importers. Very little has been shown and nothing localized, so I would imagine Nintendo would try to show off a localized version to reach a wider audience, especially with Trinnen saying this game should be as big as a Zelda game.

Not really. The Directs aren't just geared towards core audiences and even if they were, they still wouldn't do it. Press releases etc. followed

The Digital Events and press conferences are no less for core audiences than Directs. Do you really believe the casual player sits and watches them? No, they get news from Twitter/media sites who post it/get PRs, just like the Directs.

If they were going to include those things in the Digital Event, they would NOT be in the Direct. There shouldn't have even been a Direct this close to E3.

Digital Event of Lowered Expectations:

Announced 59 minutes

Robot Chicken is back. Intro (5 minutes).

Miyamoto in a white room fiddling on the game pad with stylus: Super Mario Maker + in game Footage +release date September (8 minutes).

Aounuma talking to us, story of how Hyrule Warriors was such a success, now on 3DS trailer and tetra+king of Dragons, October(5 minutes).

Miyamoto again, white room again, using gamepad like steering wheel, talks something about games taking you wherever your imagination takes you, white room becomes space: Star Fox +Trailer + gameplay and October release date. (9 minutes).

Release date announcements (5 minutes):
Yoshi wooly World (July)
Xenoblade (Early 2016)
Chibi Robo (August)

Reggie talks Amiibo (7 minutes)

Amiibo portion talks about animal crossing Happy Home thingamajig Cards, Reggie tells us to look at this...

Animal Crossing U
More town, more characters, more Isabelle, Tom Nook is Real Estate agent or banker or some money grubbing scheme.(6 minutes)

You want 3rd party? We got Third party: Nindies Sizzle Reel , QUBE Appears again making it the 7th time it appears on Directs. Fast Neo racing looking amazing. (4 minutes).

Reggie gives us thanks, tells us there is one more surprise for Wii U and 3DS...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Diddy's Kong Quest 2. Diddy Racing Mini game included. 5 minutes

Nintendoland 3DS. Thank you for watching: Fireworks.( 5 minutes)
Watch treehouse after the Event!

This was uncanny

random25

You guys worry too much about the presentation :p Just enjoy the ride, boys and girls!

There's no way they'll show more than 3 minutes about Xenoblade X in the Digital Event. They'll show a release date for sure, and a trailer, but they reserve long explanations of games at a separate Direct. Expect the same thing to games like Yoshi's Wooly World, the new Fire Emblem, or any game we already knew from previous directs or presentations.

If last Digital Event will be the pattern, expect a good amount of explanation and runtime to games we know less or nothing new about. Think like Splatoon, or the new Legend of Zelda.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Metroid and or starfox would make me happy.

Account system upgrades.

Online tournament focused fzero. Even if just gx HD remake.

Cool new IP.

Qurupeke

For me, the real Megatons would be:

Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Mother 3
Zelda U
New Pokemon game
Retro's title being something other than fucking Donkey Kong
New AAA Ip

Verger

Banned
Final Fantasy 7 is big, but a remake is just a remake. I don't think it adds anything substantial in the grand scheme of things. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I was just pointing out that hype is not a good indicator to go by.

For example, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever, and I love the 3DS remake, but I don't think it's as important as getting brand new games. I'd gladly trade both OoT and Majora's Mask 3D for a proper Fantasy Life 2 on 3DS.
Well, I would argue there are varying degrees of remakes.

The FF7 remake is taking something from the PS1 era and upgrading it to PS4. Completely new environments, character art, etc.

The Ocarina Remake was from the N64 to the 3DS, not as huge a graphical jump and hardware. And the Wind Waker remake was from the GC to the Wii U, again not a big jump and neither game really looked like it put a lot of money in their efforts.

The FF7 remake is going to require a ton of effort into it, that is for absolute certainty. Especially to the graphical level they are going to try for.

Neiteio

Digital Event of Lowered Expectations:

Announced 59 minutes

Robot Chicken is back. Intro (5 minutes).

Miyamoto in a white room fiddling on the game pad with stylus: Super Mario Maker + in game Footage +release date September (8 minutes).

Aounuma talking to us, story of how Hyrule Warriors was such a success, now on 3DS trailer and tetra+king of Dragons, October(5 minutes).

Miyamoto again, white room again, using gamepad like steering wheel, talks something about games taking you wherever your imagination takes you, white room becomes space: Star Fox +Trailer + gameplay and October release date. (9 minutes).

Release date announcements (5 minutes):
Yoshi wooly World (July)
Xenoblade (Early 2016)
Chibi Robo (August)

Reggie talks Amiibo (7 minutes)

Amiibo portion talks about animal crossing Happy Home thingamajig Cards, Reggie tells us to look at this...

Animal Crossing U
More town, more characters, more Isabelle, Tom Nook is Real Estate agent or banker or some money grubbing scheme.(6 minutes)

You want 3rd party? We got Third party: Nindies Sizzle Reel , QUBE Appears again making it the 7th time it appears on Directs. Fast Neo racing looking amazing. (4 minutes).

Reggie gives us thanks, tells us there is one more surprise for Wii U and 3DS...

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3: Diddy's Kong Quest 2. Diddy Racing Mini game included. 5 minutes

Nintendoland 3DS. Thank you for watching: Fireworks.( 5 minutes)
Watch treehouse after the Event!
af91700d8e99ef2963e0f862ddda81ab.gif

Neiteio

The FF7 remake is taking something from the PS1 era and upgrading it to PS4. Completely new environments, character art, etc.

The Ocarina Remake was from the N64 to the 3DS, not as huge a graphical jump and hardware. And the Wind Waker remake was from the GC to the Wii U, again not a big jump and neither game really looked like it put a lot of money in their efforts.

The FF7 remake is going to require a ton of effort into it, that is for absolute certainty. Especially to the graphical level they are going to try for.
Yeah, to put this in perspective, we're going from this:

2260986-ffvii_cloud.jpg

...to (something like) THIS:

fqGRCts.png

AniHawk

00-02: introduction
03-10: star fox wii u and developer interview. what is it like to develop a game about flight.
11-16: yoshi's woolly world trailer and release date with yarn amiibo details
17-20: xenoblade chronicles x trailer and date for us and europe
21-23: fatal frame trailer and date for us and europe
24-30: super mario maker and developer interview. what does it mean to make a marioi game. show the different kinds of levels that have been created and the game modes that will be included
31-34: devil's third trailer and release date for europe and us
35-38: fire emblem if trailer and release date for europe and us
39-42: hyrule warriors 3ds trailer and worldwide release date
43-45: sizzle reel of upcoming games and stay tuned for treehouse live

blast ball revealed to be part of metroid 3ds game during treehouse live. third-party games, indie games, and other first-party games shown in sizzle reel in the treehouse live pre-show.

i think it's a good idea to keep expectations to around this level. nx, mobile, qol, and zelda won't be discussed here because they said they won't discuss these here. and honestly the amount of games they're preparing for two platforms on the decline are going to be minimal while they're also preparing to launch so much more in the next 18 months.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Do I continue drinking rum and making homemade French fries - this means I watch the event whenever I wake up tomorrow

~Or~

Do I go to sleep now - watch the event with gaf

Help me!!

Verger

Banned
Yeah, honestly in retrospect the 3DS Ocarina was a pretty underwhelming remake visually. The models and art didn't look that much better than the originals other than a bit of higher res textures.

Same with Majora too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do I continue drinking rum and making homemade French fries - this means I watch the event whenever I wake up tomorrow

~Or~

Help me!!

but the fries won't be fresh by the time the event comes!

KaneU

I hope they don't waste their time on Hyrule Warriors 3DS.

On the Wii U side, I expect:

1. Star Fox
2. Super Mario Maker
3. Xenoblade X
4. Super Mario Sunshine HD
5. Punchout U
6. Diddy Kong Racing U
7. New third party collaboration
8. SMT x FE

New Metroid game could be announced for 3DS.

Pila

I just hope I'll be back from the office when it starts, don't wanna miss anything.

My dreams are so wild I won't even type them ^^ c'mon Nintendo, give us a good show.

knkng

Fair point. I think a lot of the problem is that I just don't mind playing old stuff. I can play FF7 on PSOne Classics just fine (even though I don't care for the game much), so even though I don't hate remasters, I just never really get all the hype surrounding them. I don't see them as being important to gaming, I guess.

But whatever, that's just me. I'm not trying to knock anybody for being excited. :)

qko

Guys, we weren't supposed to know about Hyrule Warriors 3DS. You're going to get your 5 minutes of Aonuma rambling and your going to love it.

Qurupeke

I'm really positive that they'll announce Mother 3, maybe even a HD/3D remake for WiiU/3DS. Maybe that's why they announced earthbound beginnings like that...

random25

Yeah, honestly in retrospect the 3DS Ocarina was a pretty underwhelming remake visually. The models and art didn't look that much better than the originals other than a bit of higher res textures.

Same with Majora too.

Their aim wasn't really about doing crazy changes with the graphics. Just a cleaned-up, smooth version of the game and it delivered. If a slight change drove Zelda fans crazy, just imagine the outrage if it looked way different than the original.

deleted

One thing is pretty obvious to me:

Animal Crossing Wii U will be shown. The focus on AC stuff in the smash update, they played on all things AC related in the World Championship (Smash on the AC stage, AC MK8 courses, Ballon Fight with references to AC/Smash), the leaked Amiibos, the 3DS companion game, the Mii fighter costume coming to Smash after the E3...
100% for me.

Maybe they'll show F-Zero for similar reasons. But that could be a N64 VC release, a GCN remake, a new title - and also nothing too much set into stone.

If we are lucky, new MK8 DLC gets announced with a preorder starting right now.
Other than that, I don't expect them to deliver outside of Starfox. Too much of what will most likely be shown is already known (Yoshi, Zelda 3DS, Xenoblade) - they will most likely show Super Mario Maker for too long, even if it is pretty amazing, it is already a known quantity.

JoeM86

Guys, we weren't supposed to know about Hyrule Warriors 3DS. You're going to get your 5 minutes of Aonuma rambling and your going to love it.

Why would we have 5 minutes of Aonuma rambling? They could just throw the trailer up and be done with it.

balgajo

Guys I just posted this in Horizon thread but I think it also fits here.

I felt a Zelda Wii U vibe in this game. Aonuma is probably jealous.

Different bows and arrows
Ability to slow down time to shoot arrows
Destructible environment
Robot enemies
Open(fucking beautiful) world

Best thing in e3 imo(until now).

Am I crazy or some of you could see it too?

Am I crazy of some of you could see it too?

Yeah, it's a fantasy game open world game with someone using a bow. It's hard to not make the comparison really.

I doubt Zelda will have RPG elements though.

Am I crazy of some of you could see it too?
My favorite thing of e3 and no. More like the witcher mix with killzone to me. The environment looks really similar to sone rocks and stuff in killzone. Not surprising since its the same developer.

qko

Why would we have 5 minutes of Aonuma rambling? They could just throw the trailer up and be done with it.

Because Aounuma needs to talk about the feels and how he enjoys making Zelda games. And due to the delay for Zelda U, here's something the quell the appetite for the time being. Also an opportunity to explain that if you already own the Wii U version, you'll get Tetra and the King of Dragons for free.

takriel

Because Aounuma needs to talk about the feels and how he enjoys making Zelda games. And due to the delay for Zelda U, here's something the quell the appetite for the time being. Also an opportunity to explain that if you already own the Wii U version, you'll get Tetra and the King of Dragons for free.

Nah watch him announce Twilight Princess HD for this holiday instead.

JoeM86

Or, they could just throw the trailer up and it does the same.

Neiteio

~Or~

Help me!!
Sleep now, and drink the rum right before the event. It'll numb the pain.

SCENE: The end of the Digital Event:

REGGIE: "...who knew that Samus could run a daycare all by herself? She's just a woman, after all. But now you can take Samus on a baby-coddling adventure in Metroid: Other M 2 — the next great game from Retro Studios, in collaboration with Platinum Games and From Software, featuring gameplay for ages 3 and up."

*Reggie's eyes moisten as the camera slowly zooms in on his face. He takes on an even gentler tone, practically licking the inside of the listener's ear with his soft velvety tongue*

REGGIE: "But there's one more announcement..." *camera zooms in to Reggie's pockmarked skin* "One more world I'd like you to step inside, only on the WiiU."

*fireworks go off, a madman starts banging on a drum*

REGGIE: "WiiU Music: Wii Music 2!"

"The true meaning of Nintendo is humoring your sweet grandmother when she shows you the keyboard cat video. Now -you- can be the keyboard cat. Just use the GamePad touchscreen. You could even do -this-."

*Miyamoto walks onscreen, the GamePad slung over his shoulder, dangling at his waist by a guitar strap. He starts playing it like a keytar.*

MIYAMOTO: "THIS, IS, SO, FRUN. IT MAKES ME... SO HWAPPY."

TRINEN: "This is so fun... It makes me so happy."

REGGIE: "It's the latest game from EAD Tokyo. Every team there is working on it. Thank you for tuning into this year's E3 Digital Event."

*Smash logo appears onscreen*

*Sakurai appears*

SAKURAI: "But that's not all, Reggie!" *pause for fans gasping* "There is one more game — and it's NOT Smash. Please, take a look."

*trailer plays for Amiibo Scalp*

SAKURAI: "I grew bored of Smash DLC, so I have canceled the Fighter Ballot. I was considering doing a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising instead, or perhaps a new Mega Man. Capcom gave me their blessing. But instead, I'm making Amiibo Scalp."

"In Amiibo Scalp, you play the role of a scalper who preorders and buys amiibo before other people can get them. To obtain the amiibo in the game, you must have the amiibo in real life. By tapping your Mario amiibo to the GamePad, your scalper will have the Mario amiibo in-game. Now your in-game character can make exorbitant profits off NPCs like 'Desperate Dad Trying to Not Ruin Christmas For His 5-Year-Old Daughter.' You can really turn the screws on them."

*Footage of shady-looking guy talking to a teary dad. Dialogue tree: "You wouldn't want to disappoint your child, would you?"*

SAKURAI: "Amiibo Scalp is our big holiday title this winter."

takriel

REGGIE: "...who knew that Samus could run a daycare all by herself? She's just a woman, after all. But now you can take Samus on a baby-coddling adventure in Metroid: Other M 2 — the next great game from Retro Studios, in collaboration with Platinum Games and From Software, featuring gameplay for ages 3 and up."

*Reggie's eyes moisten as the camera slowly zooms in on his face. He takes on an even gentler tone, practically licking the inside of the listener's ear with his soft velvety tongue*

REGGIE: "But there's one more announcement..." *camera zooms in to Reggie's pockmarked skin* "One more world I'd like you to step inside, only on the WiiU."

"The true meaning of Nintendo is humoring your sweet grandmother when she shows you the keyboard cat video. Now -you- can be the keyboard cat. Just use the GamePad touchscreen. You could even do -this-."

*Miyamoto walks onscreen, the GamePad slung over his shoulder and dangling by his waist via a guitar strap. Miyamoto starts playing it like a key-tar.*

REGGIE: "It's the latest game from EAD Tokyo. Every team there is working on it. Thank you for tuning into this year's E3 Digital Event."

*Sakurai appears*

SAKURAI: "But that's not all, Reggie-san!" *pause for fans gasping at home* "There is one more game — and it's NOT Smash. Please, take a look."

SAKURAI: "I grew bored of Smash DLC, so I have canceled the Fighter Ballot. I was considering doing a sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising instead, or perhaps a new Mega Man. Capcom gave me their blessing. But instead, I'm making Amiibo Scalp."

"In Amiibo Scalp, you play the role of a scalper who preorders and buys amiibo before other people can get them. To obtain the amiibo in the game, you must have the amiibo in real life. By tapping your Mario amiibo to the GamePad, your scalper will have the Mario amiibo in-game. Now your in-game character can make exorbitant profits off NPCs like "Desperate Dad Trying to Not Ruin Christmas For His 5-Year-Old Daughter." You can really turn the screws on them."

*footage of shady-looking guy in trenchcoat talking to a teary dad, with a dialogue tree: "You wouldn't want to disappoint your child, would you?"*

That would be amazing. And a sign that Nintendo has gone batshit insane. I love it.

MarkusRJR

I'm so excited for this E3. After last year I have super high hopes. Animal Crossing and Star Fox are two of my favorite franchises (both in my top 5 favorite series) and even the possibility of them being announced is making me so happy.

*Miyamoto walks onscreen, the GamePad slung over his shoulder and dangling by his waist via a guitar strap. Miyamoto starts playing it like a key-tar.*

*Sakurai appears*

SAKURAI: "But that's not all, Reggie!" *pause for fans gasping* "There is one more game — and it's NOT Smash. Please, take a look."

"In Amiibo Scalp, you play the role of a scalper who preorders and buys amiibo before other people can get them. To obtain the amiibo in the game, you must have the amiibo in real life. By tapping your Mario amiibo to the GamePad, your scalper will have the Mario amiibo in-game. Now your in-game character can make exorbitant profits off NPCs like "Desperate Dad Trying to Not Ruin Christmas For His 5-Year-Old Daughter." You can really turn the screws on them."

*footage of shady-looking guy in trenchcoat talking to a teary dad, with a dialogue tree: "You wouldn't want to disappoint your child, would you?"*

Amazing.

So what are the odds of this happening tonight:

*Aonuma shows up*

"Remember when we said Zelda wouldn't be at E3? Well..."

*Aonuma grins*

"Please enjoy."

*5 minute Zelda trailer plays*

*GAF dies*

balgajo

- Protagonist never stopped talking

Hmm, nope, sorry I'm not seeing it.

The game looks awesome!

lol

The e3 2014 trailer was the first thing I thought when I saw her fighting the robot boss. But I agree that she talks more than Link(but only a little...XD).

takriel

I advocate keeping expectations low so in case he does announce something like this, your reaction will be full of joy.

Oh I did have high expectations once, in the times of Skyward Sword. Nowadays not so much, don't you worry good sir. I don't have any expectations after hearing that Zelda will not be at E3 this year.

Top Bottom