• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo releases Zelda the limited edition pak with Minish Cap and Zelda GBASP!

SantaC

Nintendo will release Zelda the limited edition pak with Zelda:Minish Cap and a Gold GBASP with the triforce symbol on it. Release date for the bundle is 12 th November for Europe.

varldensminstalinki_16481.jpg

Details of the Story has also been revealed. Translated from swedish. Do not read further if you want the story to be unknown!

The evil wizard Vaati is back in Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and he threats hyrule. The only way to save the world is to find pieces of an ancient sword in order to seal Vaati once again. The only people that have the knowledge to bring the ancient sword together is the Minish people, who lives in a mini world, that cannot be seen by Link during normal circumstances.

Link will find the minish cap, which gives him the power to explore the the mini world, and at the same time his own world. He will travel between 2 worlds. Hyrule and minish world.

in addition to the cap, there are multitudes of new items to find in this game. Link will also bump into Kinstones. When an amount of Kinstones fuse togheter, mysterious things will happen.

http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/?id=2558&PHPSESSID=f5232d79cd2391dc708add4a65dfce50

Deku Tree

Sweet! I'd like to have one of those... but one SP is enough for me.

They should release a limited edition Zelda Reborn GC in the US next year.

AniHawk

I like Vaati being a recurring villain. Hopefully they wont muck it up by including Ganon like they did another Zelda game. I also like that it's very clear that there aren't any connections to other Zelda games other than the Four Swords titles, creating its own alternate universe.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
A Triforce GBA, that is nice. A bit too gaudy for my tastes but the logo is great. I avoided the story spoilers so this is all I have to comment on.

AniHawk

Deku Tree said:
Sweet! I'd like to have one of those... but one SP is enough for me.

They should release a limited edition Zelda Reborn GC in the US next year.

Zelda XII needs to have something with it... Gold disc, yeah, but something else too...

JackFrost2012 said:
Zelda XII?
Yeah, in the same sense as Super Mario Sunshine is... Super Mario 10 or something.

If Nintendo isn't numbering them, I'm not going to bother using a numbering system that combines all Zelda games for all systems into one chronological line.

Tritroid

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I have never purchased another 'special edition' SP outside the platinum one I already own, but I swear to GOD this is so mine.

Edit: Regarding the story, Vaati being the main villain again is nice. Although FSA kinda ruined that concept by using the
"omg Vaati is actually only a pawn of Ganon"
cliche'd excuse, which really pissed me off, so I hope they don't even include
Ganon
in this one. Give us a breath of fresh air please!

Also, another sword that seals Vaati? What happened to the Four Sword being the only sword that was capable of sealing Vaati? <Nintendo> *shrug* <Tri> -_-
I really really really hope this inconsistency isn't because of Capcom re-using Zelda story elements at random again. Hopefully it'll be explained. I do like the idea of rebuilding a sword by collecting fragments however, it'll give it a really cool Ironsword-esque feel.

Zelda XII needs to have something with it... Gold disc, yeah, but something else too...
It's kinda pointless to number the Zeldas now, as the number systems aren't always consistent from person to person. (Some people have OoS and OoA as two different numbers in the series, while some combined the two as one number, and some people count the original Four Swords as a seperate game number, while others do not. It all depends upon how each person counts them.)

mosaic

go eat paint
I always hoped a Zelda GBA SP would be green with a gold triforce logo, but this will suffice quite well. I usually don't give a damn about shell variations, but between the NES SP and this one, Nintendo is managing to suck dollars outta me I'd normally spend on sammiches and slurpee drinks.

SantaC

For anihawk
It would be nice if you actually can use the sword in battles when you collected it

Tritroid

The only reason I'm getting this is...well...because it's Zelda related and Nintendo rarely does special edition hardware for Zelda. In fact, I can't think of any special edition hardware for Zelda...except for the Gold N64 that came out some time after OoT's release at Toys R Us, but that wasn't exactly Zelda-specific.

For those of you that have multiple SPs because of all the special editions that have been released, do you just keep them boxed as part of a collection, or do you actually use them?

BTW: There's also a Mario Edition SP similar to the Zelda Edition:

4232.jpg

Solid

So this is only bundled with the game?

Edit: Err.. just read the PR.

"The Zelda Limited Edition Pak launches across Europe on 12th November 2004 and includes a limited edition Zelda-branded Gold Coloured Game Boy Advance SP, plus a copy of the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap."

Apparently it's £89 for the Zelda GBA and the game.

MASB

I wonder if there is a website that lists/has pics of all the many special editions/variants of GBASP, GBA, GBC, etc.

And those Zelda and Mario GBASPs look great. If I had a lot of money, i'd be collecting them all.

AniHawk

JackFrost2012 said:
Are you talking about ... the new GC Zelda? Are those names for it? I don't get it.

What about "the new Zelda." That works.

Zelda I = LoZ
Zelda II = AoL
Zelda III = ALttP
Zelda IV = LA
Zelda V = OoT
Zelda VI = MM
Zelda VII = OoS
Zelda VIII = OoA
Zelda IX = TWW
Zelda X = FSA
Zelda XI = TMC
Zelda XII = Unknown

Zelda XII is faster to type than "the new Zelda." :)

Though Zelda XII might become Zelda XIII if Four Swords DS is released before Fall 2005.

SantaC

AniHawk said:
Zelda I = LoZ
Zelda II = AoL
Zelda III = ALttP
Zelda IV = LA
Zelda V = OoT
Zelda VI = MM
Zelda VII = OoS
Zelda VIII = OoA
Zelda IX = TWW
Zelda X = FSA
Zelda XI = TMC
Zelda XII = Unknown

Zelda XII is faster to type than "the new Zelda." :)

Though Zelda XII might become Zelda XIII if Four Swords DS is released before Fall 2005.

That's funny because there are as many FF games as Zelda games. Zelda XII and FFXII are upcoming games too.

AniHawk

SantaCruZer said:
That's funny because there are as many FF games as Zelda games. Zelda XII and FFXII are upcoming games too.

Yeah... There are more FF games actually, if you count FFX-2. Officially though, it'll be the 12th (maybe 13th) Zelda game vs. FFXII.

I'm rooting for Zelda, obviously, but I think FFXII looks great.

SantaC

AniHawk said:
Yeah... There are more FF games actually, if you count FFX-2. Officially though, it'll be the 12th (maybe 13th) Zelda game vs. FFXII.

I'm rooting for Zelda, obviously, but I think FFXII looks great.

yeah forgot FFX-2 and FF7 spinoff game. I am going for the new Zelda also, because it has all the potential in the world.

AniHawk

SantaCruZer said:
yeah forgot FFX-2 and FF7 spinoff game. I am going for the new Zelda also, because it has all the potential in the world.

I agree. Hopefully EAD has enough time to polish the game to its finest, like they were almost able to do with Pikmin 2. I'd imagine this game has been in the works since mid-late 2002. I bet some TWW dungeons will make it into the game as well.

jarrod

Banned
I don't really consider FS/FSA to be real Zeldas... just as I wouldn't consider Crystal Chronicles ot Tactics to be real FFs. There's a difference between and brand and a series.

AniHawk

jarrod said:
I don't really consider FS/FSA to be real Zeldas... just as I wouldn't consider Crystal Chronicles ot Tactics to be real FFs. There's a difference between and brand and a series.

True. MM was really the last time you could number them since Capcom screwed things up.

SantaC

AniHawk said:
I agree. Hopefully EAD has enough time to polish the game to its finest, like they were almost able to do with Pikmin 2. I'd imagine this game has been in the works since mid-late 2002. I bet some TWW dungeons will make it into the game as well.

Hopefully they started out earlier with the new zelda than we think. I don't think they started as early as 2002 though since WW was released in march 2003(US). Also the combat wasn't even finalized at E3 2004.

EAD really needs to polish this game, and delay (cant believe I said that)it if they need too.

Vargas

JoshuaJSlone said:
Yeah, in the same sense as Super Mario Sunshine is... Super Mario 10 or something.

If Nintendo isn't numbering them, I'm not going to bother using a numbering system that combines all Zelda games for all systems into one chronological line.

I think Sunshine would be Supe Mario Bros 6. It would be seven if you counted Yoshi's Island.

jarrod

Banned
Vargas said:
I think Sunshine would be Supe Mario Bros 6. It would be seven if you counted Yoshi's Island.
Nintendo counts YI as an official Super Mario series game, but that'd make Sunshine SMB8 actually. By my counts...

Super Mario Bros Series
01 Super Mario Bros (NES, AC, SNES, GBC, GC, GBA)
02 The Lost Levels (NES, SNES, GBC, GBA)
03 Super Mario Bros 2 (NES, SNES, GBA)
04 Super Mario Bros 3 (NES, SNES, GBA)
05 Super Mario World (SNES, GBA)
06 Yoshi's Island (SNES, GBA)
07 Super Mario 64 (N64, NDS)
08 Super Mario Sunshine (GC)

The Legend of Zelda Series
01 The Legend of Zelda (NES, SNES, GC, GBA)
02 The Adventure of Link (NES, GC, GBA)
03 A Link to the Past (SNES, GBA)
04 Link's Awakening (GB, GBC)
05 Ocarina of Time (N64, GC)
06 Majora's Mask (N64, GC)
07 Oracle of Ages (GBC)
08 Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
09 The Wind Waker (GC)
10 The Minish Cap (GBA)
11 New Legend of Zelda (GC)

The Zelda one is awesome. The Mario would be cool if they used the blue bottom, but it still looks pretty good with silver.

Top Bottom