• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo releases Zelda the limited edition pak with Minish Cap and Zelda GBASP!

AniHawk

SantaCruZer said:
Hopefully they started out earlier with the new zelda than we think. I don't think they started as early as 2002 though since WW was released in march 2003(US). Also the combat wasn't even finalized at E3 2004.

EAD really needs to polish this game, and delay (cant believe I said that)it if they need too.

I remember in an interview years ago that Shiggy said they'd started on "the next Zelda" in 1997 (which turned out to be MM). TWW probably didn't start until 2000 or very late 1999, and the graphics weren't finalized until late 2000 or early 2001. I think they knew exactly all the hate which went on for TWW's graphics, and began to change from late 2002. Also, it's possible Nintendo had several graphic types readily available before they went with TWW. This new Zelda could have been a standby just in case.

Anyway, as TWW production was winding down probably October or November, I imagine this next Zelda was in the planning stages for a bit.

Hell, Super Mario 128 was supposedly in development while Super Mario Sunshine was, right?

SantaC

AniHawk said:
I remember in an interview years ago that Shiggy said they'd started on "the next Zelda" in 1997 (which turned out to be MM). TWW probably didn't start until 2000 or very late 1999, and the graphics weren't finalized until late 2000 or early 2001. I think they knew exactly all the hate which went on for TWW's graphics, and began to change from late 2002. Also, it's possible Nintendo had several graphic types readily available before they went with TWW. This new Zelda could have been a standby just in case.

Anyway, as TWW production was winding down probably October or November, I imagine this next Zelda was in the planning stages for a bit.

Hell, Super Mario 128 was supposedly in development while Super Mario Sunshine was, right?

Possibly. Someone should ask Shiggy or Aonuma about this :p

MASB

Hans said:
Not all, but most of them: Game Boy Galleria
Thanks! :) That's an interesting site. Seems pretty complete as far as Japanese editions go. Maybe I or someone else will find a site about US/European special editions (though I'm sure there aren't nearly as many of those as there are in the Japanese market).

Top Bottom