• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

Should? You know what the Switch is capable of already?

I edited my post. But with exception of the digital foundry clock speed info every other rumor we had said Switch can run PS4/Xbox one games and that it's easy to develop for.

If Switch can run those games there's no reason for Nintendo to not get those games.

Shahadan

EVERYTHING COMES OUT AT LAUNCH OMG 35 GAMES TO BUY MEGATON

That said I want Pikmin Wars to become reality. Making the next pikmin more multiplayer oritented would make sense I guess.

Most of the games listed in that rumour are entirely plausible, and that lineup would annihilate my wallet.

That said, I can't see how anyone could know all of that.

I would be SO in for Persona 5 on Switch, there is a PS3 version, so I think there's some hope. Having only played Persona games portably, it would be nice to have that option.

Looking through that list, come to think of it, there are certain games that lend themselves more to Switching than an exclusively home console experience. I'm imagining they aren't the 'best' versions of the games in terms of graphical fidelity, but slower paced games like the newer South Park could actually win me over from PS4 to Switch when the time comes.
Normally, I don't have much interest at all in playing third party games on Nintendo consoles, so they may have gotten me here with the ol' switcharoo

LordKano

I would be SO in for Persona 5 on Switch, there is a PS3 version, so I think there's some hope. Having only played Persona games portably, it would be nice to have that option.

Looking through that list, come to think of it, there are certain games that lend themselves more to Switching than an exclusively home console experience. I'm imagining they aren't the 'best' versions of the games in terms of graphical fidelity, but slower paced games like the newer South Park could actually win me over from PS4 to Switch when the time comes.
Normally, I don't have much interest at all in playing third party games on Nintendo consoles, so they may have gotten me here with the ol' switcharoo

Even the PS4 version would run easily on Switch.

jmizzal

How is it that she seemingly has an answer for almost every question thrown at her? I would have expected her knowledge to be some small subset of a much larger superset. Is every team / project out there just leaking uncontrollably, and it just so happens people are reaching out to her specifically]?

Also, maybe I underestimate how interconnected the industry is, but how can she authoritatively say things like "don't expect franchise x at the event" (MH, Platinum, etc)?

I'm still a bit of a skeptic.

Yea I believe her rumors, but I dont see how she knows about a lot of the Japanese games. How would she know that Platinum isnt gonna have anything there and no MH. Its not like the event is finalized, a lot can happen, Nintendo might just want Platinum to announce there game even if its not a full reveal, same with MH, Nintendo might just want to announce a lot of stuff. A lot can happen between now and Jan 12th.

Brofield

That rumour list lost me at JoyView and Gamecube VC. I have no doubt the latter is going to happen, but much as I love Nintendo they'll give it their personal touch to fuck it up. Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Melee to start it off? Hell, we didn't get Smash 64 until three years after Brawl in North America. I can't see why they'd way to cannibalize "Fusion" where the Melee elitists could get a game they'd rather prefer.

HBO Go? Neat idea, but won't happen in Canada. Spotify? Long ago confirmed to be a PS4 exclusive "for the foreseeable future." Still not on Xbox One, and I don't see Sony giving up exclusivity bragging rights.

Nice wishlist of dreams, though.

EDIT: Though I will concede it's pretty fun to mimic Charles Martinet saying "Super Mario Switcheroo!" Especially if we have kangaroo characters added to the Mario lore

That rumour list lost me at JoyView and Gamecube VC. I have no doubt the latter is going to happen, but much as I love Nintendo they'll give it their personal touch to fuck it up. Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, and Melee to start it off? Hell, we didn't get Smash 64 until three years after Brawl in North America. I can't see why they'd way to cannibalize "Fusion" where the Melee elitists could get a game they'd rather prefer.

HBO Go? Neat idea, but won't happen in Canada. Spotify? Long ago confirmed to be a PS4 exclusive "for the foreseeable future." Still not on Xbox One, and I don't see Sony giving up exclusivity bragging rights.

Those three GameCube VC games were actual leaks from "trusted" sources. So that one might actually happen.

I personally am I wait and see kind if guy so who knows.

MacTag

Banned
This comes from Eurogamer actually and yes they did state Luigi's Mansion, Smash Melee and Mario Sunshine would be the 3 initial games to kick it off. Also Animal Crossing was coming.

vern

Those three GameCube VC games were actual leaks from "trusted" sources. So that one might actually happen.

I personally am I wait and see kind if guy so who knows.

Like I said up there, some of those things are "accurate" in his post from what I know, though a lot also doesn't align with what I've heard. It's just a whole bunch of guesses I think, some based on rumor some just from his ass. Don't be surprised if some of it turns out true.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I come back from vacation then it's one week before the Switch Presentation. Then 2 months and it releases. It's gonna go by so fast.

Like I said up there, some of those things are "accurate" in his post from what I know, though a lot also doesn't align with what I've heard. It's just a whole bunch of guesses I think, some based on rumor some just from his ass. Don't be surprised if some of it turns out true.
I won't be. I'm sure he looked up leaks before writhing his stuff.

It's what most do.

2 million for...half a month seems okay, honestly.

What Nintendo is trying to do (and this is kinda obvious) is keep momentum going through the year-end holiday for 2017. Spring release, E3 hype, holiday stuff. I dunno what they'll have between E3 and the holidays, though. But I hope for some good things.

Plus I heard they would bump the number up based on preorder demands. Which I hope they do. Despite having alerts set up for multiple stores with multiple alert apps, I'm afraid I'll miss preorders anyway, then I'll have to deal with GameStop servers crawling for several hours at midnight day one like I had to do when I ordered my NES Classic.

You think that! Longest wait of your life.

It's different when you know everything. When Sony first teased the PS4, the wait for more information was nothing but a HUGE drag, but after that, November came out of nowhere.

AdanVC

Someone on Reddit posted a huge wall of text leaking the line up on Nintendo Switch,
I have insomnia so I read the whole thing mirror of it https://docs.google.com/document/d/...qdJghIEk4mg/edit?pageId=106616208938932224254

Not saying it is real just found it really impressive if true

I got to try and sleep been fighting sleep too long 5AM here

Damn I was getting all hyped by reading this but then I forgot this are rumors that are mostly fake. Or totally fake. Yeah fake 100%. I mean, the new 3D Mario to be called Super Mario Switcharo?? LMAO!

But oh how I wish other stuff written there were actually real like Overwatch coming to Switch. I've wanted to play that game since it launched but since I only own a Wii U I'm screwed.

Neoxon

EDIT: Though I will concede it's pretty fun to mimic Charles Martinet saying "Super Mario Switcheroo!" Especially if we have kangaroo characters added to the Mario lore
Eurogamer actually said that Melee, Sunshine, & Luigi's Mansion would be the first GameCube VC games, so there's that.

The rest of it seems like fanboy bait to me.

Even the PS4 version would run easily on Switch.

Oh definitely, there being a PS3 version just says to me that the PS4 game isn't some crazy thing we need to conjecture about.

Speaking of games I am used to playing on handheld...A Switch Danganronpa V3 would be appreciated!

Tl;dr : you're projecting yourself waaaaaaaaaaaay too much with these leaks.

To add onto that, another thing he said which flat out isn't true is that LKD confirmed no achievements and no Japanese buzz:

No MH with all its implications
Mediocre third party games
Backpedaling on Bg&e2
No metroid
Mediocre hw rumor backed
Indie dev left behind
No actual japanese buzz so far
No achievemnts
No Zelda at launch
wiiu ports everywhere
no platinum games

LKD explicitly said there are achievements but they may be tied in with My Nintendo's missions (which would be the best case scenario, as then you get tangible rewards for in-game achievements). Also I have no idea where you got no actual Japanese buzz from. Or indies left behind for that matter.

It's one thing to keep your expectations in check, and if you want to expect the worst go right ahead, but don't try to spin or outright lie about things to try to help lower/temper our expectations please.

He even got something right that as far as I know hasn't been rumored at all. Though it's a super boring game I think most on GAF would agree.

I think Geno has gotten things right in the past simply by throwing everything he can think of at the wall. I can make a similar prediction: at least 2 unannounced PS4/XB1 games will have a Switch version in 2017 and 2018.

I don't think we should compare Smash 64 to Melee.

Like yeah, Smash was a big game on the N64, but Melee on the other hand was the game for Gamecube. It's literally the biggest and most popular title on the system, and Nintendo does seem to be aware of this. It's one thing to delay Smash 64 being on the Wii VC for a few years (it isn't as important to the N64 in comparison), but I'll eat my hat if Melee isn't there Day 1, especially since we have reliable sources telling us it'll be there.

I just hope Shovel Knight is available around launch because I'd like to have a version that gives me portability, TV use, *and* the co-op that was only on Wii U.

Co-op is such a good feature in Shovel Knight, it's pretty stupid that it's tied to Wii U and an amiibo. Please bring it forward to Switch!

oti

Banned
Someone on Reddit posted a huge wall of text leaking the line up on Nintendo Switch,
I have insomnia so I read the whole thing mirror of it https://docs.google.com/document/d/...qdJghIEk4mg/edit?pageId=106616208938932224254

Not saying it is real just found it really impressive if true

I got to try and sleep been fighting sleep too long 5AM here

I love stuff like this. You start reading these walls of texts and all makes kind of sense at the beginning and then they throw in some crazy stuff in there but you're still thinking maybe?? but then you think nuh, no way. It's fun.

What Nintendo is trying to do (and this is kinda obvious) is keep momentum going through the year-end holiday for 2017. Spring release, E3 hype, holiday stuff. I dunno what they'll have between E3 and the holidays, though. But I hope for some good things.

Put things into perspective: WiiU shipped 3.06 million at launch (1 month in December). PS4 had an initial shipment of 4.5 million in December without Japan launch and had already sold 4.2 million in one month.

Initial shipment doesn't mean much, its more important to see if there is interest in actual sales after launch, though 2 million does seem low.

I think Geno has gotten things right in the past simply by throwing everything he can think of at the wall. I can make a similar prediction: at least 2 unannounced PS4/XB1 games will have a Switch version in 2017 and 2018.

But Skittz... What games are they and can you make up a title for them?

MomoQca

It was laura who said that pikmin was kind of a reboot?

EDIT: I mean, apart from the """"""""""""""leak""""""""""""" from geno

I think she meant a reboot only in name, meaning there won't be Pikmin 4, Pikmin 5, Pikmin 6 in upcoming games. You'll see something like Pikmin: The Great Wrath of the Bulborbs or something like that.

RootCause

I hope I can pre order on Amazon day 1
I hope so too. :)
I think it's safe to expect preorders to go live after the event.

Did Sony and MS have global launch? How do those numbers compare?

UrbanRats

I'm playing through Bayonetta again these days.

So what are the chances Nintendo will foot the bill for a Bayo 3? Bayo 2 felt like an attempt to win back some hardcore gaming cred, but they dont need that anymore.

In b4 i get dumb&dumber odds.

Waji

The 2 weeks ahead feel like months to me.
Maybe because it's the first time in my life I'm hyped for a console reveal.
Usually I don't care one bit.

Oh definitely, there being a PS3 version just says to me that the PS4 game isn't some crazy thing we need to conjecture about.

Speaking of games I am used to playing on handheld...A Switch Danganronpa V3 would be appreciated!
I want that too.
I'm ready to give up on my Vita and Wii U to go full on the Switch.

I'm playing through Bayonetta again these days.

So what are the chances Nintendo will foot the bill for a Bayo 3? Bayo 2 felt like an attempt to win back some hardcore gaming cred, but they dont need that anymore.

In b4 i get dumb&dumber odds.
I hope they do. Would like to see a trilogy conclusion

I just keep thinking about the fact that I'd pay obscene amounts of money for Dark Souls 1-3 on a handheld. But even more so if From makes an exclusive game in similar vein for Nintendo.

That Dark Souls itch, man.

DMONKUMA

I just keep thinking about the fact that I'd pay obscene amounts of money for Dark Souls 1-3 on a handheld. But even more so if From makes an exclusive game in similar vein for Nintendo.

That Dark Souls itch, man.

Imagine if that's one of the biggest surprises at the event, a FromSoft exclusive that isn't Cookies and Cream or a cutesy game.

MacTag

Banned
I always understood that Danganronpa never came to 3DS because of the low resolution and dual screens. Switch would sort of automatically solve all that.

Put things into perspective: WiiU shipped 3.06 million at launch (1 month in December). PS4 had an initial shipment of 4.5 million in December without Japan launch and had already sold 4.2 million in one month.

Initial shipment doesn't mean much, its more important to see if there is interest in actual sales after launch, though 2 million does seem low.
Keep in mind Wii U and Switch were / would be global lunches while PS4 and Xbox One were western only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom