• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean they have a project that's suppose to be really weird and Kirby is a mass murder sooooo.....

It could be very interesting if a game in the style of Dark Souls revolved around an ability copying mechanic. Black Knight Kirby would kick ass.

Edit: Kirby is almost always used as an introductory type of game though, especially good for children and people who haven't played many games before. I don't think that works well with Souls-type games. Metroid seems like it could work due to the similarities in level design, but I'm not sure how they'd do the combat and progression. Kid Icarus could potentially work in the style of KI:U. What other Nintendo IP could work in a Souls-style game? (This might be off topic for this thread actually)

Subaru

2 million for...half a month seems okay, honestly.

What Nintendo is trying to do (and this is kinda obvious) is keep momentum going through the year-end holiday for 2017. Spring release, E3 hype, holiday stuff. I dunno what they'll have between E3 and the holidays, though. But I hope for some good things.

Well, Nintendo could finally profit again from these guys who is still playing Melee =P

Peltz

It could be very interesting if a game in the style of Dark Souls revolved around an ability copying mechanic. Black Knight Kirby would kick ass.

Edit: Kirby is almost always used as an introductory type of game though, especially good for children and people who haven't played many games before. I don't think that works well with Souls-type games. Metroid seems like it could work due to the similarities in level design, but I'm not sure how they'd do the combat and progression. Kid Icarus could potentially work in the style of KI:U. What other Nintendo IP could work in a Souls-style game? (This might be off topic for this thread actually)

Zelda?

Souls reminds me a lot of Zelda 1.

Zelda?

Souls reminds me a lot of Zelda 1.

Oh well that's the obvious one everyone talks about, so I figured it wasn't worth speculating. Especially because we have BotW coming which has seemingly taken some cues from the Souls series (enemy behavior, aggression). Then again the Souls series took many cues from Zelda too.

DMONKUMA

I know people would love a new Metroid especially if FROM is involved but would it fit into the category of being a really weird game that Miyazaki said their game would, of course we don't know what HIS definition of weird might be. It could also be similiar to the case of Wonderful 101 where Nintendo can work with them to create a New IP. Could be Nintendo's version of Bloodborne.

Edit: But man I would love another mecha game from them more than any Souls or Souls-like. Armored Core on the go.....hell yes.

NSESN

Nintendo wouldn't release a Zelda Souls close to Botw
My bet is a warriors game
Mushroom Warriors? Dreamland Warriors? Pocket Warriors?

EDIT: Maybe the Corneria Warriors that koei wanted is made?

Xiao Hu

If somebody does a Souls game for Nintendo please use a new franchise from scratch.

Also, I hope there will be no more Warriors games that rape established Nintendo brands. Thanks.

They do have platinum's logo on their 3rd party splash image...

Platinum having the chance to make Bayonetta 3 would be incredible, but it makes me dream bigger. Let Capcom give them Viewtiful Joe and Okami so we can get sequels on Switch. DO IT CAPCOM, DO IT. MAKE, MY DREAMS, COME TRUE.

PS4 was West only, XB1 was tiered. WiiU was global. All counted majority of December.

WiiU - 3.06
PS4 - 4.5 (4.2 sold)

Were those numbers for the entire launch month or more than that? Also consider this is March rather than November/December. I think 3DS might be a better comparison here.

For the record I very much doubt From would make a Nintendo published game.

Not that I doubt it, but why is that?

random25

Give me Japanese third party games and Nintendo games and I'll be satisfied.

Japanese 3rd party should not be an issue. Localization would be the big obstacle though. But if the Switch is region-free like the rumors heavily suggest, playing imports should ease that barrier.

Trevelyan

Banned
That list is a hodgepodge. Some truths in it but lots of shit - like Mass Effect Andromeda. That isn't happening.

NateDrake, of what you know of 1st party software, do you think it's a strong offering next year for the their system? Wii U was very weak in that regard, with only NSMBU, NintendoLand, Game and Wario, Pikmin 3, TWWHD and SMW3D.

That's not a bad lineup, but it could have been better, especially when you look at Wii and see Zelda, Mario, Metroid all in the first year, on top of other great games, like Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario and Mario Strikers.

Hopefully Switch looks closer to Wii than WiiU, though having a new 3D Mario, Breath of the Wild, and Pikmin 4 already makes it better than Wii year 1.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm playing through Bayonetta again these days.

So what are the chances Nintendo will foot the bill for a Bayo 3? Bayo 2 felt like an attempt to win back some hardcore gaming cred, but they dont need that anymore.

In b4 i get dumb&dumber odds.

After seeing what they did on the Wii U, seeing Bayo 3 utilizing the full power of switch would kill me. We also need a remaster collection ><

NSESN

How are the chances something of presentation itself is leaked before Jan 12?
I don't mean leaks about the system like Eurogamer's or Laura's, but something like:
Zelda will have a 3mi trailler, 20 games revealed etc.

Oregano

Were those numbers for the entire launch month or more than that? Also consider this is March rather than November/December. I think 3DS might be a better comparison here.

Not that I doubt it, but why is that?

I just don't think they mesh overly well and From Soft is an independent publisher. Usually Nintendo just sticks to developers.

Didn't Capcom say they will create specific Switch titles spin-offs like instead than main line games?

No, they just gave a vague comment which implied they weren't looking to make Switch/PS4 games.

I don't mean leaks about the system like Eurogamer's or Laura's, but something like:

Wont happen.. What WILL happen is laura and eurogamer leaking stuff like a week or so before. If they dont, I would be surprised because of how much they have leaked before.

DMONKUMA

Could be happen as a lot of games were "leaked" for the E3 and PSX events so it was more confirmation if they were there or not. Heck, Microsoft had their whole presentation leaked as well. Nintendo has been having a bit of a tight lid so maybe not that much will be leaked but I imagine some will.

I just don't think they mesh overly well and From Soft is an independent publisher. Usually Nintendo just sticks to developers.

I really think From's game design is probably one of the most Nintendo-like out of any third parties out there. They put a premium on tightly designed controls and game mechanics rather than any focus on cinematics and overall storytelling. Maybe thematically they don't really mesh, but mechanically they absolutely do. Accessibility is probably the major area where the two differ.

Either way you're probably right that they won't do a Nintendo published game. I'd love any exclusive though.

3DS was extremely overshipped at the beginning, though.

Well that might certainly clarify the numbers. Although that still doesn't account for much launch time in the west. 2 million still seems low with the mindshare Nintendo now has... I'm definitely hoping they raise that at least by a bit. 2.5 million even would make a big difference.

DMONKUMA

They had one of theirs game published by Sony so I imagine its possible, its similiar to how some didn't imagine a bestheda game would be on Nintendo platform(even if it's a five year old title).

Wow so having RE7 on Switch seems like a possibility??? :')

At least then I can play it on the toilet. Saves me the trouble of shitting my pants!

On a serious note, that would be an incredible third-party get for Switch. I don't "expect" third party ports of every game, but I would love to see them. If Blizzard ports Overwatch, I will do 90% of my gaming on Switch.

I think a Metroid game by FROM would work really well, the idea seems divided between HELL YES and HELL NO from what I've seen, but they seem like a good pick for a Metroid title should it happen.

Then again, Metroid Other M was by Team Ninja who at the time were a huge deal... but Itagaki's departure likely changed that. I wonder how the Itagaki Team Ninja would've done Metroid.

sinxtanx

oh it'll get "leaked" all right

dozens of times

with lots of these: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At least then I can play it on the toilet. Saves me the trouble of shitting my pants!

Ha there should be a whole line of "avoid shitting yourself" horror games made for the toilet. Amnesia Switch would do it for me specifically.

Also Dark Souls needs to be "Dark Souls: Prepare to Shit Edition"

LordKano

Let's not kid ourselves about the dumb PR Capcom answer : they won't make dedicated games for the Switch, they will make the sames games as they are on PS4.

grim-tales

I always understood that Danganronpa never came to 3DS because of the low resolution and dual screens. Switch would sort of automatically solve all that.

Keep in mind Wii U and Switch were / would be global lunches while PS4 and Xbox One were western only.

I think some VN/adventure games like Danganronpa/ZE series could work well on Switch.

Xiao Hu

Let's not kid ourselves about the dumb PR Capcom answer : they won't make dedicated games for the Switch, they will make the sames games as they are on PS4.

Which is great enough in my opinion. But I would really love if Nintendo financed a Switch exclusive Dragons Dogma 2 since Capcom themselves are quite reluctant to do so.

random25

Just give me that Megaman Legends 3 on Switch, Capcom. I don't care even if it means no more Resident Evil or Street Fighter games to Switch.

JB2448

You really think we're going to get Phoenix Wright games on the PS4?

Why not? Just like third party exclusives on PlayStation or Xbox consoles (not funded into existence by the platform holder, of course) are ridiculous, so are third party exclusives on Nintendo hardware. Since they'll all be performing in the same relative ballpark power-wise, I see absolutely no reason why the Phoenix Wright series can't come to other dedicated gaming hardware. It's already happened with smartphones, even!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom