• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alebrije

I think people should expect a fairly meaty presentation. It seems like they don't want to repeat their past mistakes with the message of the switch. We won't have all of nintendo's projects on this presentation, but i strongly believe that the roadmap for 2017 will be fully presented, with the exception of one or two games, like pokémon or retro's new game, for example. They will also most likely tease some projects like the xenoblade game.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be a good presentation with a decent amount of games. They will show more zelda, the new 3d mario, detail the enhanced ports, probably show pikmin, retro's new game, other known franchises, like animal crossing, a new IP as rumoured. E3 will details games that are in the holiday season and show more games for 2018 and beyond. They know that they need to show a steady flow of games. No need to hold back for the presentation that will define the switch.

They only need to show lots of games from other developers , we know the usually Nintendo lineup. Really hope Skyrim gameplay , and would be great Fallout New Vegas ( dreaming ).

But games like GTA, COD, Bioshock, Souls, etc should be a must on Switch.

They only need to show lots of games from other developers , we know the usually Nintendo lineup. Really hope Skyrim gameplay , and would be great Fallout New Vegas ( dreaming ).

But games like GTA, COD, Bioshock, Souls, etc should be a must on Switch.

I think that they need to show their schedule, and show their commitment to third parties. If the new Assassin's Creed is announced for example, it would be a great way to show that. Also, the dragon quest xi version, skyrim, nba, fifa and other third party games that should appeal to a wide range of people.

So with the current information compared to VITA how much powerful the Switch is?
Over an order of magnitude in all specs even undocked. Even if you compare the GFLOPS of the GPU (15.5 vs 157), that doesn't include the boost of graphical features and efficiency that the Switch would have.
A shitload more powerful.
I don't believe in numerical multipliers pulled out of the ass.
Fine. Lol. It is like comparing a PS3 to a PS4. While undocked.

While docked, it is like comparing the DS to the Wii.

NateDrake

the fuck did I just see ten seconds of before he cut it

You didn't miss all that much. In terms of "new" stuff all she shared was video/image sharing with the 'Record' button on Switch.

A lot of the questions were meaningless like if Switch would be delayed.

NateDrake

What did they talk about? Any transcript or mirror?

It was random questions from the community. Ranged from colors for Switch, delay possibilities, some random software stuff, and footage sharing.

I'd imagine he'll have the stream footage up shortly.

It was random questions from the community. Ranged from colors for Switch, delay possibilities, some random software stuff, and footage sharing.

I'd imagine he'll have the stream footage up shortly.

Seems to be already archived.

They skirt around saving the topic of voice chat for another time - are we finally getting proper voice chat on a Nintendo system? (No, not WiiSpeak...)

Josh5890

I think that they need to show their schedule, and show their commitment to third parties. If the new Assassin's Creed is announced for example, it would be a great way to show that. Also, the dragon quest xi version, skyrim, nba, fifa and other third party games that should appeal to a wide range of people.

If the presentation has Dragon Quest XI, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, Madden, NBA 2K, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Metal Gear Survive, Resident Evil, Red Dead Redemption 2, Sonic Mania, and Mass Effect announced for the Switch then 3rd party support is clearly there. Obviously all of that isn't getting announced on January 12th/13th, but the more they get in the library the better. The bolded items are a must.

That honestly doesn't surprise me. The audience Rockstar goes for doesn't really exist on Nintendo systems.

I don't think this is accurate, nor is it really supported by anything. This is along the line of people who say the audience for Nintendo games doesn't exist on the PS and Xbox. These are games that are universally popular. They will sell on any system

Neoxon

I don't think this is accurate, nor is it really supported by anything. This is along the line of people who say the audience for Nintendo games doesn't exist on the PS and Xbox. These are games that are universally popular. They will sell on any system
But the problem is that most of us who would want, say, GTA5 probably already have it on our PS4s or XB1s (& that's just for current-gen systems).

Neoxon

You could apply that to minecraft and yet it sold quite well on wii U.
Because kids & families have quite a prevalent presence on Nintendo systems. The same can't be said for older core gamers who buy the next big multiplatform game.

A bit late to the presentation speculation party but I'm expecting the majority of games shown to be in short sizzle reels. Specifically indies and third parties. Most exclusives will likely have their own short trailers though I could see one or two in one of those reels.

Overall I'm expecting 20-30 games announced, regardless of quality or budget. Including games that are already known but just newly announced for Switch. Does that seem reasonable?

Eliseo

Because kids & families have quite a prevalent presence on Nintendo systems. The same can't be said for older core gamers who buy the next big multiplatform game.

So a parent would buy for their kids minecraft on their tablet/nintendo system but "harcore gamers" that liked those "Mature" games can't buy it twice?

EDarkness

I doubt it. Only way we will know is if they release it im willing to put money on a gta game struggling to hit 1 mill on Nintendo console.

At this point, that's probably true since GTA 5 has been out for a long time. Hitting 1 million copies sold would be a huge thing. If the next GTA is released on all platforms at the same time, and it doesn't do well, that's more telling. Late ports will always be late ports unless they do something interesting to it to get more people to look at the game again.

Are we still pretending GTA games are only played by "core gamers" and adults? It's universally popular. A GTA game would sell on a Nintendo system because it sells on everything

Josh5890

At this point, that's probably true since GTA 5 has been out for a long time. Hitting 1 million copies sold would be a huge thing. If the next GTA is released on all platforms at the same time, and it doesn't do well, that's more telling. Late ports will always be late ports unless they do something interesting to it to get more people to look at the game again.

Yea I could see GTA V being a hard sell at this point since the game will be 3.5 years old at the Switch's launch. I think Nintendo would be smart to push hard for a RDR 2 Switch version. That game would be very telling if a "mature" 3rd party non-exclusive could sell on the Switch.

Do we know when the presentation is?

I'm flying on the 12th, hopefully I can watch :/

It is 10 PM CST. Not sure what your time zone will be.

are you guys expecting to see any first-party side-scrolling platformers the first year? if so, which ones?

There will be Donkey Kong Country by Retro and Gaf will burn.

TLZ

Banned
Yeah it was obvious. I don't think we knew if it was just screenshots like the Wii U or video as well. Seems it's the latter

Yea. At least it makes life much easier now sharing to social media. Youtube and twitter should be enough for me. I hope we're not restricted to Nintendo's.

MisterHero

Except on DS
Top down and 3D GTAs are different beasts. Especially with GTAO, which I'm willing to double dip for.

I would've bought PS2 ports on Wii for what it's worth. Retro ports would be a cheap way to build/test a potential audience.

If all else fails, I'll just get GTAO on PC. :[

Speely

Banned
I am pretty stoked about the share button allegedly having video functionality. It might seem like a small thing, but it's pretty noteworthy for a Nintendo console.

Speely

Banned
Hmm, so that would be Friday the 13th @ 13:00 JST

It also takes place at Tokyo Big Sight which consists of 13 letters and has a postal code that starts with 13.

Yeah, I'm bored...

Congrats on confirming Half L1fe 3 tho! What a great exclusive launch grab for Ninty.

maxcriden

Is there a full list/roundup of leaks from the video and whatever else new info has come out the past few days? (Aostia, I did see your list you pointed me to, thank you for that! Just wondering what all else has come out otherwise.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yea. At least it makes life much easier now sharing to social media. Youtube and twitter should be enough for me. I hope we're not restricted to Nintendo's.

Yeah, we really need to know the limits for Video Sharing feature if the rumor is accurate.

I want to know if it's going to be available for Youtube Upload, etc, and I want to know how long we could record. We could record up to 15 minutes for PS4 so I would be okay if it's 10 minutes or so since it should be plenty for me to save matches and races from Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

I kinda disagree. There's a sizable market of people who haven't upgraded to PS4 or XBO that love GTA, and putting it on Switch is a good way to get those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom