• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, where is this? Not that I doubt any of it.

He said it was probably an NDA thing and then walked back the specific mention of a demo to say he meant the entire device itself. I'm pretty sure he meant there was an actual software demo but realized it was probably not a good idea to talk about it.

No he was talking about a hardware DEMONSTRATION not a game or tech demo. We've went over this before. Besides how could a tech demo be the best tech demo ever..? Who cares for a tech demo

You're the one getting confused or me not being clear lol.

What i'm saying is that's their target. That 3ds owners have an other console is not relevant.

And i'll say it again you're wrong. The switch is not meant to appeal to people who don't have a console already. cause i don't see how it would replace their phone to play if it's enough for them. This is freakin' huge.

Let's agree to disagree then. No sense arguing in circles and it certainly seems that I won't change your mind. Thanks for the conversation either way!

Loris146

I'm not throwing shit at the wall at all. I've been pretty straightforward the whole time about what I know and what I don't. I said from the start I know third party games. I obviously can't say the title of the R* game. I'm not looking for internet fame, I don't have a YouTube or a twitter, the only reason I mentioned this game is because of the Rockstar mention by LkD. I said like a month or two ago the main thing I would do here is confirm or deny rumors or leaks based on what I know.

Not sure how you would expect me to know what Nintendo will show at their reveal event.

And what responsibility would you like me to take? We can't know if I'm right or wrong until later. At that time if my info is wrong then sure, ban me or shame me or whatever. Until then we are all just sitting around waiting, would you prefer baseless speculation or actual info? I understand the frustration that I can't specifically say the title so it seems kind of like just throwing shit out there, but I think you understand why I can't say the title right? You aren't dumb.

I don't know anything about their relationship.

I guess I don't understand the distinction, it has some new content. Enhanced port?

It's ok I always tell everyone here trust me or not it's fine either way. Lots of people looking for attention.

I was first with the RAM numbers split that maybe only NateD has backed so far so take with a grain of salt. I've posted other stuff as well that I guess hasn't been confirmed, including some 3rd party games. Hard to say things were got right when they haven't been announced yet. I gave an obvious hint at an indie game that some people guessed correctly.

Rockstar ? Last gen game remastered? Must be GTA V then. Nothing else makes sense . Can you answer to this question? Is the game available on current gen console ( in some form ) ?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Saw some talk about rockstar on previous pages but couldn't find exactly what Laura said. I don't know if Rockstar will share anything at the Switch reveal but I do have it on pretty good authority that they are working on a port/remaster of a game that was available on the previous gen consoles.
I'd double dip on Chinatown Wars. I'm dead serious.

No he was talking about a hardware DEMONSTRATION not a game or tech demo. We've went over this before. Besides how could a tech demo be the best tech demo ever..? Who cares for a tech demo

Here is the quote again:

What do you think of the Switch, Nintendo's newly announced console that is portable but also hooks up to your TV?
I love it. I got to play it. I will tell you – well, maybe that's an N.D.A. thing. One of the best demos I've ever seen. Probably the best demo I've ever seen. At E3.
Was it a Nintendo game?
I mean the device itself. I think it's really smart what they're doing. We're definitely going to be supporting it. It's the first time we've done something on Nintendo. If you don't count the old NES stuff. Home Alone. Or Where's Waldo?

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he was saying he played a specific tech demo (or regular game demo maybe) that was the best he's seen, and then decided to walk it back to just say he was talking about the device overall because it might be an NDA breach. I don't think the first quote makes much sense if he's referring to the entire device.

But again I could be misreading it completely so we'll just agree to disagree.

Here is the quote again:

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he was saying he played a specific tech demo (or regular game demo maybe) that was the best he's seen, and then decided to walk it back to just say he was talking about the device overall because it might be an NDA breach. I don't think the first quote makes much sense if he's referring to the entire device.

But again I could be misreading it completely so we'll just agree to disagree.

He straight up says, "I mean the device itself"

Rodin

Midnight Club Los Angeles.

... But it would be hilarious on so many level if it was Red Dead Redemption. The first one.

He straight up says, "I mean the device itself"

You seem to be missing the part where I'm claiming that he initially was referring to a software demo, then when asked to clarify he realizes he shouldn't talk about it due to NDA, so he essentially walks back his previous comment to say he meant the device itself.

As in, in his second statement he lied to cover his ass. Talking about a specific demo under NDA would not be a good idea.

Neoxon

Saw some talk about rockstar on previous pages but couldn't find exactly what Laura said. I don't know if Rockstar will share anything at the Switch reveal but I do have it on pretty good authority that they are working on a port/remaster of a game that was available on the previous gen consoles.
While I'm assuming you mean GTAV, doesn't that fly in the face of what Laura said about Nintendo & Rockstar's relationship?

You seem to be missing the part where I'm claiming that he initially was referring to a software demo, then when asked to clarify he realizes he shouldn't talk about it due to NDA, so he essentially walks back his previous comment to say he meant the device itself.

As in, in his second statement he lied to cover his ass. Talking about a specific demo under NDA would not be a good idea.

There's no reason why any of his comments had to be referring to a piece of game software he was impressed with and not simply the way the device handles its user experience in general. That's definitely something that could have been the subject of a demo, and even in that case whatever game content was involved in the demo would still be under NDA.

foltzie1

Countdown to Switch GIF have begun!

I think people are going to figure out what kind of theme I'm going for countdown. I hope that y'all would enjoy it :)

Easy theme =P
...does nintendo even have 15 consoles ?

Do you have a youtube link for this video ?

I count 14 including the Switch, but it doesn't include things like the FDS, 64DD, DSi, or N3DS.
Another 15th option could be the Color TV-Game, but that was released prior to Game & Watch.

1. Game & Watch
  2. Nintendo Entertainment System
  3. Game Boy
  4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  5. Game Boy Color
  6. Virtual Boy
  7. Nintendo 64
  8. Game Boy Advance
  9. Nintendo GameCube
  10. Nintendo DS
  11. Wii
  12. Nintendo 3DS
  13. Wii U
  14. Nintendo Switch

I expect the reveal to be pretty brutal for non nintendo related stuff. As long as I get MK8 and a lan adapter at launch, I'm going to be pleased.

But he doesnt back track, he is making a clarification on what he is talking about.. the interviewer asks if the demo was a Nintendo game and he says, I mean the device. Besides, the device was under NDA too.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Midnight Club Los Angeles.

... But it would be hilarious on so many level if it was Red Dead Redemption. The first one.
Midnight Club? WiiU had the better city sandbox racer.

I count 14 including the Switch, but it doesn't include things like the FDS, 64DD, DSi, or N3DS.
Another 15th option could be the Color TV-Game, but that was released prior to Game & Watch.

1. Game & Watch
  3. Game Boy
  5. Game Boy Color
  6. Virtual Boy
  7. Nintendo 64
  8. Game Boy Advance
  9. Nintendo GameCube
  10. Nintendo DS
  11. Wii
  12. Nintendo 3DS
  13. Wii U
  14. Nintendo Switch
DSi is the 12th Nintendo hardware, hence the product code.

Luigison

1. Game & Watch
  3. Game Boy
  5. Game Boy Color
  6. Virtual Boy
  7. Nintendo 64
  8. Game Boy Advance
  9. Nintendo GameCube
  10. Nintendo DS
  11. Wii
  12. Nintendo 3DS
  13. Wii U
  14. Nintendo Switch
Would you include systems that didn't launch worldwide like the iQue in China? I enjoyed mine and think it's a much better controller than the N64:

iQue_HR_MG-sm.jpg

sfried

So...

Final names of the enhanced ports? Splatoon DX? Spla2n? Mario Kart 8 Plus? Mario Kart 9?

Pretty sure Smash will be just called Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, going by the others naming schemes.

There's no reason why any of his comments had to be referring to a piece of game software he was impressed with and not simply the way the device handles its user experience in general. That's definitely something that could have been the subject of a demo, and even in that case whatever game content was involved in the demo would still be under NDA.

But he doesnt back track, he is making a clarification on what he is talking about.. the interviewer asks if the demo was a Nintendo game and he says, I mean the device. Besides, the device was under NDA too.

You guys could very well be right but any time someone in the industry mentions and NDA I am assuming they're tiptoeing around something. The other thing is this type of impressive software demo could be the same thing that generated the whole "industry leading chips" comment, as Mochi apparently heard that in reference to a specific software demo.

But again you could definitely be right and I could very well be reaching. Hopefully we'll find out in 2 weeks.

AdanVC

The gimmick of this system seems to be the ability to take full featured console games on the go, so I'm not sure if we will see a similar game dedicated to showing off the gimmick. I guess maybe something for local multiplayer?

This could be possible. A Metal Slug-like game to play with other person and promote the use of local multiplayer on the go with the joycons just so we can be like Karen and her friend when she goes to that rooftop party and brings her Nintendo Switch.

eaise

Neo Member
This Obe1 dude is one of the most annoying youtuber I've ever seen.

I want to watch his videos to see the information on the leaks. But I just can't watch them. They're awful. I'd rather get no information till Jan 12th than have to watch his videos.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Since it's the first time Nintendo will target one single platform, I'm wondering if we're going to see multiple iterations of the same series on the Switch. If they do release a fully extended version of Mario Kart 8 for the Switch, what would be the point of releasing another version in the future?

jmizzal

For those who can't watch, he's basically saying that GameStop stores will get their advertising materials (posters, boxes, etc.) next week and there is no embargo on when they can put them up, so expect them to be up next week.

Also official BotW preorders open "soon".

So i'm assume this advertising wont have launch day and price right?

I must say as someone who's been watching him for a while as a guilty pleasure it cracks me up that we have to take him seriously because he may have some legit info. This is so weird.
I've watched him a few times as well and this is pretty funny. I dont really like his style but when you get thirsty for news you watch anything sometimes when youtube start autoplaying shit lol

Since it's the first time Nintendo will target one single platform, I'm wondering if we're going to see multiple iterations of the same series on the Switch. If they do release a fully extended version of Mario Kart 8 for the Switch, what would be the point of releasing another version in the future?

I wouldn't be surprised if multiplayer-focused games, especially online ones, get single evergreen entries that are supported for years with add-on content instead of multiple discrete entries.

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot if they do this with single-player adventure type games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. Those games need new titles every 2-3 years at least - people definitely shouldn't have to wait 5 years for a new benchmark title. Establish a good gameplay core (and do it for both 2D and 3D iterations of franchises that span both), and create new content using that same gameplay core for at least the next 3-4 entries before moving on to a new foundation.

AdanVC

For those who can't watch, he's basically saying that GameStop stores will get their advertising materials (posters, boxes, etc.) next week and there is no embargo on when they can put them up, so expect them to be up next week.

Also official BotW preorders open "soon".

Their slogan better be a pun of Switch. "Time to switch things up" or stuff like that.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I wouldn't be surprised if multiplayer-focused games, especially online ones, get single evergreen entries that are supported for years with add-on content instead of multiple discrete entries.

I think they're shooting themselves in the foot if they do this with single-player adventure type games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. Those games need new titles every 2-3 years at least - people definitely shouldn't have to wait 5 years for a new benchmark title.
Since they don't have to produce two versions of their main series anymore, I sure wish that they'll dig a little deeper in their old IPs and also creating new ones, especially after having success with Splatoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom