• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their slogan better be a pun of Switch. "Time to switch things up" or stuff like that.

"Make the Switch!" seems to be a pretty obvious one.

Since they don't have to produce two versions of their main series anymore, I sure wish that they'll dig a little deeper in their old IPs and also creating new ones, especially after having success with Splatoon.

So you're saying we'll get a new StarTropics???
I know you're not saying that but let me dream

Dremorak

Banned
I wouldnt be surprised if VR comes eventually, but I'm guessing it would be just for a couple of games knowing nintendo.

Metroid Prime VR oh please lord

Neoxon

ME3 sold poorly on Wii U is poor reasoning.
Especially considering that it was a meh port, but that's the nature of the business. At this point, I'm not even sure if EA even bothered to get Frostbite running on the Switch (even though it shouldn't be impossible to do in theory).

EDarkness

ME3 sold poorly on Wii U is poor reasoning.

Of course it did. The way they handled it was terrible. Who would buy the Wii U version when the other systems got the trilogy and all the DLC? They really shouldn't hold it's sales against that version as it was obviously sent to die.

Not sure why people are believing that some crazy politics is keeping Rockstar from making games on Nintendo platforms. Rockstar made Manhunt 2 and Bully for the Wii. Can't say much about the Wii U since almost no one made any games on the Wii U. We should expect that if the NS does well, it'll get Rockstar games. Hell, considering that Bethesda seems to be making games on the system, and Take Two seems to be happy with it, then the odd of Rockstar games coming should be high as well. Not saying that they'll have games at launch, but there's no point in writing them off until they officially say they aren't doing anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vern's info is correct. I'm sure they want to get in on the current hype surrounding the system and a good way to do that is to bring over GTA V. That game "on the go" would be awesome for a lot of people.

Dremorak

Banned
Especially considering that it was a meh port, but that's the nature of the business. At this point, I'm not even sure if EA even bothered to get Frostbite running on the Switch (even though it shouldn't be impossible to do in theory).

I actually found having the map on the touch screen really cool. I played the whole game on wiiu and never had a problem.

18-Volt

I don't think Laura actually knows what's going on between T2 and Nintendo. They have praised Nintendo just after its first reveal, something they'd never do. And confirmed they have multiple projects for the system.

One of them is definitely NBA and other(s) could be anything. Every option is exciting: WWE, Bioshock Collection, XCOM 2, Mafia III... and of course Rockstar titles.

foltzie1

Cucurbitacée;227359908 said:
DSi is the 12th Nintendo hardware, hence the product code.

Would you include systems that didn't launch worldwide like the iQue in China? I enjoyed mine and think it's a much better controller than the N64:

Nomenclature
noun
the devising or choosing of names for things

It's Intelliheath's list, so the them and all 15 items on it is his choice.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I like seeing people being excited. That's why I like reaction videos.

But YouTubers that just CONSTANTLY YELL even for regular talk is just the most annoying shit...

Like OBE1 and HMK.

I actually found having the map on the touch screen really cool. I played the whole game on wiiu and never had a problem.
Iirc, the port was good. The big issue is that EA screwed the game by announcing and releasing the ME collection (which includes ME 1,2, and 3) at near the same time at the same price. Talk about sabotaging..

MacTag

Banned
It was a good port, the issue was the timing and price. The EA Sports ports were what was below par dev side.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I don't think Laura actually knows what's going on between T2 and Nintendo. They have praised Nintendo just after its first reveal, something they'd never do. And confirmed they have multiple projects for the system.

One of them is definitely NBA and other(s) could be anything. Every option is exciting: WWE, Bioshock Collection, XCOM 2, Mafia III... and of course Rockstar titles.
Rockstar North, which is the team responsible for the GTA series, has never directly made a game for a Nintendo system. Saying that T2/Rockstar won't work with Nintendo is wrong, but after being reminded of the previous relationship of Nintendo with Rockstar North when they were previously named DMA Designs, there might be something.

EDarkness

This YouTuber is really messing up this clean leak triangle we had with Laura, Emily and Eurogamer.

They really should have picked a different guy to deliver the info. I would have recommended GameXplain, Spawn Wave, or Commonwealth Realm. Much better outlets and better personalities.

It was a good port, the issue was the timing and price. The EA Sports ports were what was below par dev side.

Agreed.

As we've learned from this gen, late ports sell fine as long as they're a good value (collections) or timed to take advantage of hunger in the marketplace (Wii U launch ports of third-party games did not do this).

Loris146

Iirc, the port was good. The big issue is that EA screwed the game by announcing and releasing the ME collection (which includes ME 1,2, and 3) at near the same time at the same price. Talk about sabotaging..

The game would have sold more or less the same on WII U. Nobody was interested in third party games like Cod , ME, AC , etc... There were some exceptions but yeah nothing huge.

Yeah I doubt they'd have that info if there's no embargo.

I got the impression that this could go either way. I used to work at a Verizon retailer and we would often get advertising kits that weren't to be put up until X date but contained no mention of that embargo. It was only after our account representative came by that they let us know that X kit shouldn't be used just yet that we learned to just put everything on hold until we were told to put it up. I'm not super familiar with how Gamestop operates in relation to stuff like that.

So... I definitely expect that we'll see this marketing next week either way. I'm just not sure if it'll be stuff they can set up, or if it'll have to be leaked because it contains release dates and such.

EDarkness

The game would have sold more or less the same on WII U. Nobody was interested in third party games like Cod , ME, AC , etc... There were some exceptions but yeah nothing huge.

That's not true. I was all in to purchase ME3 on the Wii U, but the news surrounding it was terrible. The missing DLC, the trilogy announced at a better price, no patches or updates, no new multiplayer stuff, either. No point in even bothering with that. I'm positive it would have sold better if it got the same treatment as all the other versions.

Oersted

But Nintendo always likes to do the opposite of what everyone thinks and do so let's expect the worst slogan ever now, lol.

"Wii and U are playing with thy NEW power. Buy Nintendo Switch™"

Could it be that after you tell a joke, it gets normally very silent?

Wasn't the collection a bit cheaper?

gogojira

I'm in full on "wait till Jan 12" for all this shit. Maybe it'll all be true, maybe it'll be a load of shit; it's just too close for me to get so caught up in rumors.

Also, not about to watch obnoxious videos for some things that may or may not be true.

Still exciting times, but we're so close to the actually unveiling.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
They really should have picked a different guy to deliver the info. I would have recommended GameXplain, Spawn Wave, or Commonwealth Realm. Much better outlets and better personalities.
Maybe they're not connected as well as he is?

MCN

Banned
Rockstar North, which is the team responsible for the GTA series, has never directly made a game for a Nintendo system. Saying that T2/Rockstar won't work with Nintendo is wrong, but after being reminded of the previous relationship of Nintendo with Rockstar North when they were previously named DMA Designs, there might be something.

They made Body Harvest for N64, back when they were DMA. Nintendo completely fucked them over with it though by pulling the funding, which nearly destroyed DMA.

Which could explain why they haven't made a game for a Nintendo home system since.

They made Body Harvest for N64, back when they were DMA. Nintendo completely fucked them over with it though by pulling the funding, which nearly destroyed DMA.

Which could explain why they haven't made a game for a Nintendo home system since.

Doesn't Take Two get the final say on where Rockstar puts their games?

jmizzal

While I'm assuming you mean GTAV, doesn't that fly in the face of what Laura said about Nintendo & Rockstar's relationship?

Laura could be just throwing that out as a guess to why RDR2 is not coming, I doubt R* told her "We are not putting it on Switch becouse we have a bad relationship with Nintendo"

Also Take two already praised Switch, when they didnt support WiiU besides one game

EDarkness

Doesn't Take Two get the final say on where Rockstar puts their games?

I believe they do. We have no idea how much support Take Two is throwing in the direction of the NS. Personally, I want Red Dead 2 and I think they could capitalize on that by announcing an NS version.

NateDrake

People will believe anything he says because of that now deleted tweet. If he says something outrageous Laura will have to actively respond etc.

It's getting hot in here for the leakers.
Which makes things dangerous. At this point we are two weeks away from the presentation. Why risk it?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Personal feelings doesn't mean shit if there's money on the table.

If Nintendo tries to make it happen and if the Switch could handle it, I'm sure RDR2 would happen.

I believe they do. We have no idea how much support Take Two is throwing in the direction of the NS. Personally, I want Red Dead 2 and I think they could capitalize on that by announcing an NS version.

I agree, and I think it would be absolutely massive if they get some exclusive footage at the Switch event. It would wind up being a win win for T2 and Nintendo.

I also lean on LKD giving Obe1 the 12 leaks.

that or LKD passed one of her trusted sources to him after she was blacklisted

VR is kinda meh for me personally, I would really hate a game I like to be VR only

Charamiwa

Banned

The funny thing with Obe1 is that all his videos are so clickbaity and excessive that you wouldn't even know he has legit infos just looking at the thumbnails. When you crank every video up to 11 it's hard to make one stand out.

Neoxon

I also lean on LKD giving Obe1 the 12 leaks.

that or LKD passed one of her trusted sources to him after she was blacklisted

VR is kinda meh for me personally, I would really hate a game I like to be VR only
I mean, they obviously have a line of direct connection, as shown by her showing up on one of OBE1's videos. Laura giving OBE1 one of her trusted sources who may not be able to speak to her due to the blacklisting is an interesting theory.

He could be a controlled leaker. He is in the Nintendo ambassador program thing or whatever it is. From my experience you end up talking to some pretty high up people. Not known but people you dont talk through from golin or whatever PR folks they be having email you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom