• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think Take Two would want RDR2 on the PC given how well GTAV performed on it? All of TT's own games have PC versions. Rockstar is the exception.

I would think any publisher wants all of their games on as many platforms as possible, but the reality of that depends on how much they want to invest in the development/porting process.

None of that really has to do with my point, which was that any bad blood between Rockstar North and Nintendo shouldn't matter if Take Two is the publisher who makes the business decisions. If it would cost them more to port it onto Switch than they expect to make in revenue then we shouldn't expect to see it. It's that simple.

LordKano

He could be a controlled leaker. He is in the Nintendo ambassador program thing or whatever it is. From my experience you end up talking to some pretty high up people. Not known but people you dont talk through from golin or whatever PR folks they be having email you.

Wait. He's in the ambassador program and he's leaking stuff about the Switch ? Is there anything inside of his head ?

Obe1 probably went asking or begging for real sourced info to help his channel grow since its halted for a while now. He thought he was going to hit 100K when he was growing then it came to a complete halt around 30K lol.

Obe1 probably went asking or begging for real sourced info to help his channel grow since its halted for a while now. He thought he was going to hit 100K when he was growing then it came to a complete halt around 30K lol.
I can't really judge his content since I don't watch it but I feel he should toned down the amount of uploads and those click bait thumbnails and titles. Whenever I type Nintendo on YouTube he pops up and I just want to block them from ever showing up.

Besides he's a News channel. Those never get that popular.

Clessidor

They made Body Harvest for N64, back when they were DMA. Nintendo completely fucked them over with it though by pulling the funding, which nearly destroyed DMA.

Which could explain why they haven't made a game for a Nintendo home system since.

I highly doubt that a personal grudge over something which happened almost 20 years ago would prevent a studio of making games for one of the big three.
I think the main reason why they didn't made a game for Nintendo home systems since them is probably just the same with all Thirds. They don't expect to profit from it well enough to justify a port.

The thing is I could see them to port GTAV over to Switch if the market for GTAV enthusiasts, who would buy a portable version just for the sake to have it portable, would be big enough. But I'm not sure about that. It's all of question how to spend ressources in general and as an outsider it's really hard to judge.

I would think any publisher wants all of their games on as many platforms as possible, but the reality of that depends on how much they want to invest in the development/porting process.

None of that really has to do with my point, which was that any bad blood between Rockstar North and Nintendo shouldn't matter if Take Two is the publisher who makes the business decisions. If it would cost them more to port it onto Switch than they expect to make in revenue then we shouldn't expect to see it. It's that simple.
Worth noting that it's not even just that. Even if they'd make profit, there's also the factor of the time spent on the porting, which could be used to do something potentially more profitable. But yes, Take Two makes these decisions, not Rockstar.

Worth noting that it's not even just that. Even if they'd make profit, there's also the factor of the time spent on the porting, which could be used to do something potentially more profitable. But yes, Take Two makes these decisions, not Rockstar.

Right, by cost I meant money and opportunity cost.

But yeah it really doesn't make sense to think the DMA thing has anything to do with why they typically don't port to Nintendo platforms. A better reason could be that, since they rarely work on Nintendo platforms, it would take them longer to actually create a port as they aren't familiar with Nintendo's hardware. Having Nvidia working on the APIs could greatly help in that case.

18-Volt

Doesn't Take Two get the final say on where Rockstar puts their games?

I'm guessing no, but they can choose not to fund their projects. Two of their Nintendo games released even though Take Two did not greelight them at first: Bully Scholarship Edition and Rockstar Table Tennis. They made Rockstar Table Tennis just to toy with the devkit and were really pleased with the final product.

I also don't buy that Nintendo - Rockstar relationship that Laura mentions. Founders Dan and Sam Houser brothers are huge fans of Nintendo and I don't think they would change their views on the company because of... because of what? Nothing has happened between them in recent years. They're like Kojima, they rarely make games for Nintendo, but that doesn't mean they no longer love them.

He could be a controlled leaker. He is in the Nintendo ambassador program thing or whatever it is. From my experience you end up talking to some pretty high up people. Not known but people you dont talk through from golin or whatever PR folks they be having email you.

He's an ambassador? OK, the coming days will tell if it's indeed a controlled leak. But why him?

Wait. He's in the ambassador program and he's leaking stuff about the Switch ? Is there anything inside of his head ?
Unless they took him off but I doubt it cause he still getting review games and going to E3s so Idk that mane got some goodies and dont know how to act lol

Edit: Because nobody takes him serious lol

AzaK

FTFY.

That's what I was expecting anyway so this doesn't blow my mind. What does blow my mind though is the gimped home console if rumors are true.

Yeah it's rather sad looking so far. When I took that silly bet all those months ago that Switch won't be 1TFlop I sort of new I would lose (When I said even at fp16) but there might be a possibility that it is actually sub 1TFlop fp16......even worse that cynical bastard me would have thought.

DMONKUMA

I feel like these "leaks" that this person is present are gonna be ones that already know or are just extremely obvious.

I've seen this guy before and yea.....fits in to the worst of yelling and screaming which is reminiscent of reaction videos.

Oregano

Yeah it's rather sad looking so far. When I took that silly bet all those months ago that Switch won't be 1TFlop I sort of new I would lose (When I said even at fp16) but there might be a possibility that it is actually sub 1TFlop fp16......even worse that cynical bastard me would have thought.

Welp I remember that bet. Bad times. :(

Doctre81

I don't think that is confirming obe got the the leaks from laura. Just that he shared them with her and she agrees with them from hearing the same. I dunno.

I wouldn't see the point in her not leaking them herself if that was the case. She clearly doesn't care.

MacTag

Banned
Preliminary work was being done on a GTAV port for Wii U at one point. If Switch is a success I don't doubt it'll get Rockstar support. Actually even a GTAV port would still probably be worth doing.

Interfectum

this thread has become a mess

I have a feeling this insidurp shtick is going to get worse and worse with every new console announcement / launch. People trying to get any scrap of info subbing to any YT or Twitter account they can and people attempting to pad their followers with any leak they can find/makeup. Fun times ahead.

Platy

I count 14 including the Switch, but it doesn't include things like the FDS, 64DD, DSi, or N3DS.
Another 15th option could be the Color TV-Game, but that was released prior to Game & Watch.

1. Game & Watch
  2. Nintendo Entertainment System
  3. Game Boy
  4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  5. Game Boy Color
  6. Virtual Boy
  7. Nintendo 64
  8. Game Boy Advance
  9. Nintendo GameCube
  10. Nintendo DS
  11. Wii
  12. Nintendo 3DS
  13. Wii U
  14. Nintendo Switch

15 is launch day =P

But yeah, iQue, DSi, 2DS ... the options for filling the space is endless. Hell, Intelli can even make a day for EVERY weird revision/alternate xD

antonz

A GTAV Port would be interesting. I could see it also being the big "Test" from rockstar. If Switch cant sell GTAV which basically sells everywhere then they wont put effort in elsewhere

A GTAV Port would be interesting. I could see it also being the big "Test" from rockstar. If Switch cant sell GTAV which basically sells everywhere then they wont put effort in elsewhere

If that's their test game then I don't see how they can really have enough time to evaluate the results before RDR2 releases. Which would suggest no RDR2 when it launches, to the surprise of nobody.

If they really wanted to make a huge splash at the January event though then some exclusive RDR2 footage would be a bombshell.

Platy

I really doubt we would see any company not on that image to announce a game for launch window.... or else nintendo would have put them there.

Neoxon

Well, Take-Two is on the list.
But Rockstar isn't. The same thing kinda applies to Blizzard (they may be under the same tree as Activision, but Blizzard has enough independence to be listed on their own). Even Altus was listed on their own despite Sega also being on the list.

LordKano

But Rockstar isn't. Kinda the same applies to Blizzard (they may be under the same tree as Activision, but Blizzard has enough independence to be listed on their own).

It's not the same though, Blizzard is reffered as "Activision-Blizzard", but you've never seen Rockstar without a Take-Two mention.

EDIT : Just realized I'm saying bullshit. There's no Take-Two mention on the back of GTA V's boxart. Mmh...

Also was their ever any possibility that the persona 5 delay was due in part to a possible switch port or was the time delayed not nearly enough for a port?

No, the game's already out in Japan.

Could a Switch port release at launch in Japan? Sure.

Could a localised Switch port come out at launch in the West? Incredibly unlikely.

Besides, I imagine they'd wait to do an expanded version like FES/P3P and Golden on Switch down the line.

A GTA V port would be surprising. Would it sell decently on yet another platform? I'm curious about that.
Validity of the rumor aside I can't imagine a portable version of the best selling GTA game ever made wouldn't sell. Sure the GTA:O aspect would be limited to when you're in range of wifi or docked at home but I think having it portable would be an incredibly huge selling factor to people and get a lot to double or even triple-dip too.

NSESN

I don't think Switch will have Persona 5 at launch, maybe a "golden" after time, probabbly multi with PS4. I can see something like SMT 4 collection tho.

Question:
Sooo, do everybody have an insider now? Nintendo's ninjas are on vacation?

They are too tired going after fan games and youtube content

Pastry

Banned
I don't think these are new leaks, they likely came a while ago with all the previous information we've seen and were held on to until now.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I feel like Persona 5 on Switch is inevitable. Launch date parity is up in the air though.

Atlus is not missing out on that handheld $$$. P4G sold as much as P4 on ps2 and P3P sold better than P3 and FES combined. And Switch is the only game in town now as a Vita version just isn't happening.

I have a feeling though we won't see it on Switch for a while though. Probably some time in 2018. Possibly in some kind of FES/Golden situation rather than just vanilla, but in not sure of that's something they're looking to do again or not. Don't think Atlus has their shit together for a launch year release in either case.

Mr Swine

Banned
Validity of the rumor aside I can't imagine a portable version of the best selling GTA game ever made wouldn't sell. Sure the GTA:O aspect would be limited to when you're in range of wifi or docked at home but I think having it portable would be an incredibly huge selling factor to people and get a lot to double or even triple-dip too.

If a port of GTAV that can be played just about anywhere and performs better than what the 360 and PS3 version doesn't sell... well then Nintendo is in trouble for getting future Rockstar support. I honestly think that a portable GTAV would mean big news and would generate big positive news and could sell between 5-10 million on Switch alone.

I know I would triple dip to get a fully portable GTAV on a portable handheld.

I've always wanted a Persona 3 velvet edition.

And since Vita is not gonna last any longer in Japan. I would die in happiness for a Switch release.

Welp I should keep on dreaming.

oti

Banned
I really doubt we would see any company not on that image to announce a game for launch window.... or else nintendo would have put them there.

That's not how these lists work. Someone might have just coughed "maybe?" when Nintendo asked them about Switch support so they were put on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom