• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
Well that sure is interesting. He deleted it. Did wonder if Laura was happy with taking responsibility for his rumours, despite info matching.

b2zjrNC.jpg

A4iQbC2.png

MacTag

Banned
I count 14 including the Switch, but it doesn't include things like the FDS, 64DD, DSi, or N3DS.
Another 15th option could be the Color TV-Game, but that was released prior to Game & Watch.

1. Game & Watch
  2. Nintendo Entertainment System
  3. Game Boy
  4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  5. Game Boy Color
  6. Virtual Boy
  7. Nintendo 64
  8. Game Boy Advance
  9. Nintendo GameCube
  10. Nintendo DS
  11. Wii
  12. Nintendo 3DS
  13. Wii U
  14. Nintendo Switch
GBC is to GB as DSi is to DS and n3DS is to 3DS. Not so much a new system but a system refresh. For unique platforms it should really be:

1. Family Computer / NES
  2. Game Boy
  3. Super Famicom / Super NES
  4. Virtual Boy
  5. Nintendo 64
  6. Game Boy Advance
  7. Nintendo GameCube
  8. Pokémon mini
  9. Nintendo DS
  10. Wii
  11. Nintendo 3DS
  12. Wii U
  13. Nintendo Switch

My worst gaming desission ever was getting rid of the Vita. I somewhat feel like the switch is a reincarnation of the Vita. But this time around as a main device, not as a secondary toy device.

I would be happy to double, even triple dip many games for switch.

Rayman origins, the bind of Isaac, xcom 1&2, Borderlands, Persona 3,4 & 5. Civilisation 6, spelunky, Street Fighter V (finally not that worried about trashing buttons on a handheld).Trackmania Turbo!
Rocket league!!!
Trials!!!

All those games would fit the switch so nicely I I have not even considered a Nintendo one!!!

Ohh and hearthstone please!!!

Yes Zelda Mario whatever else is welcome.

I was hyped about the Wii like everyone else... but with the switch I think I have never had such a good prospect about a console since the SNES.

NSESN

We still have 14 days to go, i wouldn't be surprised if a scond thread is needed with all this crazyness
EDIT: But i think the nex couple of days will be more calm because of the new year, after the holiday is over things will get more intense with a lot of rumors and "leaks"

Xiao Hu

If Nintendo were smart they would ask Rockstar for a spin off akin to Liberty/Vice City Stories back on the PSP. I for one really appreciated those games and also liked China Town Wars on the DS. But I'm not sure if I would double dip on GTAV, I didn't like the story that much to be frank....

I can imagine the gaming section of Neogaf becoming a mess when the January event starts.

Its gonna definitely be decisive. With one side being satisfied while the other are disappointed.

Ashodin

Can't wait for the Switch. It will be the first Nintendo console I will have saved up serious cash for nearly all the launch games I want, the system, extra controllers, DLC... I'm going all out.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm in my bed using my iPhone to write this post. In 3 months I'll be there in the dark, my wife sleeping next to me, my feet touching hers, while I'm playing a console game in my hands.

This is among the use cases that excite me the most with the Switch. Bring on the great games. I want to play MORE.

Net

I thought we learned by now not to trust any "insiders" except for LKD or Emily? Neither of whom are talking anymore.

Trust no one.

I thought we learned by now not to trust any "insiders" except for LKD or Emily? Neither of whom are talking anymore.

Trust no one.

Honestly, I'm not even sure I trust LKD on everything at this point. She was definitely correct at the start, but you should never blindly trust that someone who had accurate info at one point won't start making shit up to keep getting attention (This could apply to either LKD or even her source)

MacTag

Banned
Honestly, I'm not even sure I trust LKD on everything at this point. She was definitely correct at the start, but you should never blindly trust that someone who had accurate info at one point won't start making shit up to keep getting attention (This could apply to either LKD or even her source)
LKD is a legit journalist. She doesn't report anything unless she has multiple sources confirming it and she vets every source.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Trust no one.

Well, people shouldn't take any insiders' statements, rumors and leaks as 100% facts tho until we get proofs or/and confirmations.

LKD is a legit journalist. She doesn't report anything unless she has multiple sources confirming it and she vets every source.

Don't get me wrong, she's definitely more trustworthy than most, but nobody should ever be 100% confident in any source. She might believe a source because they gave her very precise and detailed correct info in the past and the source might use that to feed false info to her. Or a source might have information that was accurate at one point but is now outdated. Sources may misinterpret shit they saw and thus accidentally give incorrect info. My point is to be careful when taking any leak as absolute truth, no matter how trustworthy

And, in the same way that she shouldn't post stuff that she hasn't vetted from multiple sources, I don't believe reports without question unless I see multiple sources putting their own asses on the line to back them up with their own inside reports.

And, in the same way that she shouldn't post stuff that she hasn't vetted from multiple sources, I don't believe reports without question unless I see multiple sources putting their own asses on the line to back them up with their own inside reports.

Another good point. While a lot of her early leaks were backed up by others like Emily Rogers, I feel like a lot of the more recent stuff has come from her and her alone

Net

LKD has gotten plenty of things right and hasn't spread any high profile fake news as far as I know. At least not about Switch.

If and when she does fall to the temptation of fake news, well, then another one bites the dust.

In other words I'm prepared to be let down, but I won't assume it until she gives me a reason to.

vern

Don't get me wrong, she's definitely more trustworthy than most, but nobody should ever be 100% confident in any source. She might believe a source because they gave her very precise and detailed correct info in the past and the source might use that to feed false info to her. Or a source might have information that was accurate at one point but is now outdated. Sources may misinterpret shit they saw and thus accidentally give incorrect info. My point is to be careful when taking any leak as absolute truth, no matter how trustworthy

Yea. Good points. Info changes constantly and not because it wasn't accurate at one point. I mentioned a few days ago I know of a game that was in development and slated for launch window and is now not coming, primarily because it flopped hard on the other consoles. Things change.

Net

Yea. Good points. Info changes constantly and not because it wasn't accurate at one point. I mentioned a few days ago I know of a game that was in development and slated for launch window and is now not coming, primarily because it flopped hard on the other consoles. Things change.
I bet they do when you don't actually have any insider information.

NateDrake

I bet they do when you don't actually have any insider information.

Things change quite frequent. As we have discussed in this thread, GTAV was prototyped for Wii U. Crysis 3 was also considered for Wii U. If rumors reported those titles being planned for Wii U the information wasn't wrong. Plans changed and the projects were scrapped.

Net

Things change quite frequent. As we have discussed in this thread, GTAV was prototyped for Wii U. Crysis 3 was also considered for Wii U. If rumors reported those titles being planned for Wii U the information wasn't wrong. Plans changed and the projects were scrapped.
I doubt very much that Pascal was locked in and then scrapped.

Gleethor

Can you tell us which game, just out of curiosity?

I would think any publisher wants all of their games on as many platforms as possible, but the reality of that depends on how much they want to invest in the development/porting process.

None of that really has to do with my point, which was that any bad blood between Rockstar North and Nintendo shouldn't matter if Take Two is the publisher who makes the business decisions. If it would cost them more to port it onto Switch than they expect to make in revenue then we shouldn't expect to see it. It's that simple.

What i'm saying is that I think Rockstar very much has a say on which platforms their games are going to be on, or else TT would make sure there's a PC version of RDR2. Rockstar are in a position where their games, and specifically their open-world games, sell so damn well that there's really no reason for TT to not trust their judgement.

It's also notable that Rockstar's name wasn't on that dev/publisher list that Nintendo released since Rockstar actually publishes their own games while TT distributes them. Here's the dev image that Sony released when they announced the PS4

431ece46d3353b10ce586ccs74.jpg

Sounds like that Crashmo game Inty systems planned and Emily hinted at.

What i'm saying is that I think Rockstar very much has a say on which platforms their games are going to be on, or else TT would make sure there's a PC version of RDR2. Rockstar are in a position where their games, and specifically their open-world games, sell so damn well that there's really no reason for TT to not trust their judgement.

It's also notable that Rockstar's name wasn't on that dev/publisher list that Nintendo released since Rockstar actually publishes their own games while TT distributes them. Here's the dev image that Sony released when they announced the PS4

431ece46d3353b10ce586ccs74.jpg

Im not seein Take-Two. However, Nintendo did say what they release was a sample of the publishers that is working on the switch

Orgen

Mankind Divided? Come onnnnn :(

Yep, things change and when that happens the "insider" gets a lot of shit so I don't think it's worth it. Better to keep quiet and see how everything unfolds in 2 weeks ;)

J@hranimo

Banned

Damn, Titanfall 2 would have been awesome to go.

I need to get that game

oti

Banned
I can imagine the gaming section of Neogaf becoming a mess when the January event starts.

Its gonna definitely be decisive. With one side being satisfied while the other are disappointed.

I've got a hunch that a lot of people will be disappointed and downright aggressive towards Nintendo after the presentation. As slick and as cool as the Switch looks, it's still Nintendo. Family friendly gimmicky Nintendo. Don't forget that.

NateDrake

As I've said about a hundred times at this point, Pascal was looking to be a sure thing during the summer months. Outlets were hearing the same information and were 99% certain of it. I verified the information from 4 of my own contacts. Nintendo was looking into Pascal for Switch. That is fact.

Why? What evidence do you have to say otherwise? It's tiring to see people question NateDrake when all he does is provide the GAF community with inside knowledge. He's proven that he's reliable in the past and things constantly change during development, things change.

Net

As I've said about a hundred times at this point, Pascal was looking to be a sure thing during the summer months. Outlets were hearing the same information and were 99% certain of it. I verified the information from 4 of my own contacts. Nintendo was looking into Pascal for Switch. That is fact.
Unfortunately we have only your word for that, and your word isn't looking too good right now.

Why? What evidence do you have to say otherwise?
I don't have to prove a negative.

It's tiring to see people question NateDrake when all he does is provide the GAF community with inside knowledge.
I honestly think that these insiders, with few exceptions, do more harm than good.

Shahadan

Steep?

Gleethor

Gamecube games on VC only rendering at their original resolution is disappointing. Not surprising, but disappointing. Wanted them to hit at least 720p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom