• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea. Good points. Info changes constantly and not because it wasn't accurate at one point. I mentioned a few days ago I know of a game that was in development and slated for launch window and is now not coming, primarily because it flopped hard on the other consoles. Things change.

You do seem to know about some 3rd party games. I try a question which shouldn't bring you trouble. As far as non indiegames go, more in the AAA coregame direction: are there more last gen ports (PS3Xbox360) than straight forward current gen ports?

My question goes in the direction if ports of more demanding current gen games are a thing or not. We have a rumour about the next Assassins Creed but it could be a "special version". Dark Souls 3 is rumoured to be runing on Switch but it isn't that demanding i think, like Skyrim.

gogojira

xxTY6fS.gif

I really hope that y'all would enjoy the countdown gif

Haven't seen the others but this one is amazing. So ready for the 12th.

18-Volt

I'm really confused. So, according to rumors, and logical thinking, what third party games has high chance of coming and what has none?

Rumored

Dark Souls 3
Assassin's Creed Empire

Maybe?
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Steep
Watch Dogs 2
South Park Butthole (Ubisoft will definitely bring something beside Just Dance)
Mafia 3
WWE 2K17
XCOM 2
Bioshock Collection (one of these four could be 2k's "other" game)
Inazuma Eleven Ares
God Eater (those two suspiciously don't have any platforms)
Titanfall 2 (best candidate for EA's "big" game)
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (only option Activision have, and possible, thanks to gods of downporting, Treyarch)
Musou Stars (DW9 looks like years away)

Nope
Red Dead Redemption 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Overwatch

What else am I missing?

If VR is true I wonder what Star Fox or Metroid would be like.

Now mind you I'm not talking about full fledged games but like mini games of sort.

jmizzal

If Nintendo were smart they would ask Rockstar for a spin off akin to Liberty/Vice City Stories back on the PSP. I for one really appreciated those games and also liked China Town Wars on the DS. But I'm not sure if I would double dip on GTAV, I didn't like the story that much to be frank....

China Town Wars 2 but in as a 3D GTA and not top down exclusive to Switch would be nice

Speely

Banned
I can't believe we are so close, SwitchGAF!!! It's been a hell of a ride.

Still hyped and still hopeful. Generation Switch.

Nairume

Banned
Nintendo needs more variable pricing for VC games. Balloon Fight or Yoshi shouldn't be the same price as Kirby's Adventure or SMB3. I would prefer that they just lower the price of everything by $2, but I'm personally still fine with Super Metroid or A Link to the Past being $8 as I think they hold up very well today and cost a lot less than Square Enix's mobile SNES ports. I think Wii games should be $15.99 max though (assuming they show up) with Gamecube titles being something like $12.49.

This is Nintendo though, so everything will stay the same.
It does seem like they did figure that out. All but one of the new platforms they brought to the 3DS and WiiU virtual consoles had variable pricing, save for Wii games. I imagine the only reason NES, SNES, 64, and tg16 stuff was static was because those prices were already in place on the Wii and they didn't want to change them for whatever reason.

Gleethor

It does seem like they did figure that out. All but one of the new platforms they brought to the 3DS and WiiU virtual consoles had variable pricing, save for Wii games. I imagine the only reason NES, SNES, 64, and tg16 stuff was static was because those prices were already in place on the Wii and they didn't want to change them for whatever reason.
Yep. They should just bite the bullet and change the prices on 1st party games at least. Pinball has no business being the same price as Super Mario Bros 3.

Are people forgetting that just a couple weeks ago Digital Foundry said they think the Switch is using some Pascal features? I think it's a matter of semantics whether you'd call it Maxwell or Pascal at that point, seeing as Pascal is very similar to Maxwell already.

xxTY6fS.gif

I really hope that y'all would enjoy the countdown gif

Awesome as always! I can't believe how close it is...

I'm really confused. So, according to rumors, and logical thinking, what third party games has high chance of coming and what has none?

Rumored

Dark Souls 3
Assassin's Creed Empire

Maybe?
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Steep
Watch Dogs 2
South Park Butthole (Ubisoft will definitely bring something beside Just Dance)
Mafia 3
WWE 2K17
XCOM 2
Bioshock Collection (one of these four could be 2k's "other" game)
Inazuma Eleven Ares
God Eater (those two suspiciously don't have any platforms)
Titanfall 2 (best candidate for EA's "big" game)
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (only option Activision have, and possible, thanks to gods of downporting, Treyarch)
Musou Stars (DW9 looks like years away)

Nope
Red Dead Redemption 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Overwatch

What else am I missing?

We should be getting a raving rabbids cross over with mario from ubisoft, along with assassins creed. Watch Dogs 2 could definitely happen.

From EA, NBA 2k17 is the most likeliest. I don't know what their big game will be, and I'm not even expecting any shooters.

I'd be very surprised if we don't get a CoD game from Activision. I'm hoping we get both infinite warfare and modern warfare remastered.

TLZ

Banned
People are focused too much in GFLOPS. There are other things that makes a significant difference. RAM quantity, GPU architecture, GPU featureset, and the CPU are a big step up from the Wii U and the other systems of that generation. Raw GPU power aside, it is much closer to the specs of the XB1 and PS4.

Since the display on a portable system is on a smaller screen, their GPUs has traditionally got away with having less raw power than their console "counterpart".
We will see if whatever power of the undocked Switch is enough to simulate a portable-current-gen experience, but the devs/insiders that have been talking haven't discredited that idea.

I understand. But why all the disappointment when the weaker specs leaked, and comparisons to portable Wii U?

Raw gflops as a measure in isolation are pretty meaningless. In terms of raw gflops Vita is closer to PS2 than it is PS3. Hell, it's technically closer to PS1 than PS3. Now between PS1, PS2 and PS3 which console would you consider Vita's overall performance as coming closest to?

PS2 in HD.

This Obe1 dude is one of the most annoying youtuber I've ever seen.

Extremely.

Can't forget Sonic Mania as a a port candidate. Also I would think Disgaea 5 would be the most likely port from Nippon Ichi Software. They said they have "project(s)" so more than one could be possible. If they had say two games, what's another they could port? I don't see them making any Switch-exclusives.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm expecting at least 50 games (retail) at launch. First party included.

Lol! Wtf?
That can't be serious. Unless it's achieved by a technicality through backwards compatibility it isn't happening.

No way that many developers are keeping that good of secrets.

jnWake

When I noticed the thread had grown like 20 pages today I was expecting more than I got.

Same feeling we'll have after the january event

Neoxon

And they feature BotW.

It'd be hilarious if it misses launch.
To be fair, it's the only first party Switch game that we've seen extensive footage of. Plus it's not uncommon for games to be advertised alongside consoles when they aren't coming on Day 1.

As much as I'd love for Zelda to be Day 1, what we've heard from both Emily Rogers & Laura Kate Dale says otherwise.

So odd if Zelda misses launch. If you're gonna advertise your next-gen system almost exclusively with a last-gen port, it better be there at launch. Otherwise, use an actual new game.

jnWake

To be fair, it's the only first party Switch game that we've seen extensive footage of. Plus it's not uncommon for games to be advertised alongside consoles when they aren't coming on Day 1.

Believe me, you don't need to explain me why Zelda is featured. I guess we can both agree that Zelda being the main focus for so long if it misses launch is a bad idea though. People have been getting excited for that game for long and branding it so much along the Switch will annoy people if they can't buy it right away on March.

Neoxon

Believe me, you don't need to explain me why Zelda is featured. I guess we can both agree that Zelda being the main focus for so long if it misses launch is a bad idea though. People have been getting excited for that game for long and branding it so much along the Switch will annoy people if they can't buy it right away on March.
But honestly, what else are they gonna put in the advertising. They're probably saving the big reveal for the next 3D Mario game for January (especially if it's gonna be the big Day 1 title).

Either way, assuming that Emily & Laura's sources are on the money, I'm agreeing with Net in that Mario's likely gonna replace BotW as the centerpiece game in most marketing material for the Switch itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom