• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Nintendo costumes in Overwatch would be a no-brainer if I was part of Nintendo's upper management (and the game was definitely coming).

Mario = ????
Peach = Mercy
Link = Genji
Samus = Pharah
Donkey Kong = Winston
Ice Climber = Mei

And probably more I'm not clever enough to think off. After Bayonetta 1 and 2 anything goes really.

Shy Guy = Reaper
R.O.B. = Bastion

what-ok

Nothing official until the 12th. Leaks are only leaks. Until it is seen for what they actually are then they remain leaks not actual facts.

LordKano

If they port REVII on the Switch they already will have to make sacrifices, so just imagine what uglyness it could be on Switch VR. It already looks meh on PSVR, a way more powerful device than the Switch VR could ever dream of be.

I think there are still hardware features left we don't know yet or to put it in another way things Nintendo will make a huge deal out of. Going by the information we know to me it's obvious that that special hardware feature must be the Joy-Con.

They have rumble and it's supposed to be some sort of new and different rumble, whatever that means.
And they have motion sensors.

I don't think the Wii Sports on Switch will be called "Wii anything" but it will be that kind of game. Sports with motion sensors.

The Nintendoland-ish game would make sense to demonstrate that the Switch is a tablet. You know the game Wii U Party? It has a category of games that use the GamePad as a table or a board. For stuff like Foosball. I could imagine that for Switch as well. Also the Switch is coming with two controllers packed-in. That's a huge deal and it would be perfect for marketing to show two hands, with one handing over a Joy-Con to another hand or something. To drive the message of friendly multiplayer fun home.

Don't forget what I told you, it's still Nintendo. As slick as that Switch looks, it's still Nintendo. Family friendly and gimmicky Nintendo.

the Wii Party U type game to highlight tablet stuff and multiplayer i agree with and can get behind, but I highly doubt a game focusing on more active motion

deleted

I can totally see Zelda slipping launch. It just makes a lot of sense for Nintendo.

1. Zelda will sell - no matter when
2. They give Skyrim a little breathing room, and Skyrim on a portable is a bigger deal than a lot of us are thinking. It's the most beloved open World game next to GTAV and it's sales would be squandered if it launched next to Zelda. And Bethesda is a big 3rd party to court.
3. No way they are launching Zelda and Mario at the same time!
4. They have an easy option with to expand their launch window lineup that's way more mainstream than Pikmin (as good as that is)
5. They make good fast on a steady release stream
6. May has proven to be a great release spot for a Nintendo evergreen

IF Mario is there on launch day together with Skyrim, Rabbids RPG, Splatoon and Just Dance, they check a lot of boxes. From Open World, to Nintendo Powerhouse, to Online-Multiplayer to quirky Idea hopefully executed well.
IF they then follow up with Mario Kart a month later and Zelda a month after that... It indicates a steady release stream and these are games that will sell and attract different kind of crowds. And that's not talking about Pokemon, Smash, Pikmin and maybe Mario Maker that are all on the horizon for 2017.
IF those all make it, that's pretty much already an All-Star Lineup with a good stream of releases that will surely be build upon by games we know nothing about yet, Indies and 3rd Parties. It's easier than ever for Nintendo to make a great first impression. It's their part to fumble now.

If they port REVII on the Switch they already will have to make sacrifices, so just imagine what uglyness it could be on Switch VR. It already looks meh on PSVR, a way more powerful device than the Switch VR could ever dream of be.

OB1 also said they were having problems porting it to the Switch cause of hardware limitations. So im skeptical personally.

This seems like a poor rumour.

If they aren't going to announce Pokemon Stars in January and (according to LKD) aren't going to announce anything MH related, how are they going to sell this as a true handheld successor? They will need to show at least one series which has always been a handheld type of game at the event, and I think showing Pokemon AND MH is honestly the best way to get that message across. I'm at the very least going to expect MH, despite what LKD has said.

why

You think the motion stuff only exists for Just Dance?

Oh man, that got me thinking again about Skyrim with motion controls.

Wait... What if... Skyrim VR for Switch launch?

oti

Banned
If they aren't going to announce Pokemon Stars in January and (according to LKD) aren't going to announce anything MH related, how are they going to sell this as a true handheld successor? They will need to show at least one series which has always been a handheld type of game at the event, and I think showing Pokemon AND MH is honestly the best way to get that message across. I'm at the very least going to expect MH, despite what LKD has said.

Not having anything MH for Switch launch while the 3DS gets XX (in March no less) would be a tragedy. Even it it's just a sharper version of the 3DS game.

18-Volt

If they want to release Pokémon Stars this fall, they need to announce it this month, 8-9 months are enough for monthly updates.

I'm pretty sure Zelda won't be in the event, they'll probably show newer stuff. Mario, Mario x Rayman, Wii U upports, GCN VC, and final "surprise" reveal: Pokémon Stars.

Rest of the stuff, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, whatever Monster Games is making (Wave Race!) are best saved for E3.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not having anything MH for Switch launch while the 3DS gets XX (in March no less) would be a tragedy. Even it it's just a sharper version of the 3DS game.

Still not convinced it isn't getting a port same day. That 3/18 launch in Japan lines up too well with the rumored Switch launch.

Meesh

Still not convinced it isn't getting a port same day. That 3/18 launch in Japan lines up too well with the rumored Switch launch.
I really, really want this to happen... I think MH Switch could be just what fans are looking for. Those that wanna go back to playing on the big screen can, those that need that portability can have that too.

oti

Banned

Me neither. I can see three scenarios:

1. Same day release. It would make Nintendo happy. Capcom could be happier.
2. First on 3DS, a few months later on Switch. Best option for Capcom imo. That way they'll get a lot of sales on 3DS and a lot of sales on Switch a few months later. Quite a lot of people would happily upgrade and buy the same game again I reckon. Very efficient too and they can postpone their first real MH on Switch that will have to come with better tech and graphics. So, more money for Capcom. Of course Nintendo could be happier.
3. No release at all. It would be dumb, but it's Capcom so who knows. *shrug*

Oregano

If they want to release Pokémon Stars this fall, they need to announce it this month, 8-9 months are enough for monthly updates.

I'm pretty sure Zelda won't be in the event, they'll probably show newer stuff. Mario, Mario x Rayman, Wii U upports, GCN VC, and final "surprise" reveal: Pokémon Stars.

Rest of the stuff, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, whatever Monster Games is making (Wave Race!) are best saved for E3.

Monster Games is no longer working with Nintendo.

Zedark

hmmm, I'm going to need some back up for this OBE1PLAYS video. The claim that Switch would run RE7 VR (let alone any console level VR game) is quite outlandish, so time for some receipts before accepting this.

Maybe RE7 regular game (no VR) could come, and he or his source misinterpreted that in combination with his news that apparently Switch VR is a thing, but it sounds so very unlikely.

Josh5890

I would expect a few 3rd Party announcements at the January event too.
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite!

oti

Banned
Guys, the notion of Switch handling big video game VR in ANY SHAPE OR FORM is ludicrous. A VR viewer for new Pikmin shorts? Sure. But VR in a PS VR/Vive/Oculus sense? No.

LordKano

Guys, the notion of Switch handling big video game VR in ANY SHAPE OR FORM is ludicrous. A VR viewer for new Pikmin shorts? Sure. But VR in a PS VR/Vive/Oculus sense? No.

Now I wonder if the VR part of the Switch will be mostly related to the cinematic universe Nintendo wanted to create a few years ago, with movies and series.

Zedark

Why should we believe that guy? Who is that?

A random youtuber. However, Laura Kate Dale has verified (I believe only the first of) his leaks, so that's why he is given attention at the moment. His VR leaks seem logistically extremely dubious, though, and Laura hasn't backed them up, so I wouldn't believe them just like that.

Edit: Here is Laura's backing up of the first leak.

Shiggy

A random youtuber. However, Laura Kate Dale has verified (I believe only the first of) his leaks, so that's why he is given attention at the moment. His VR leaks seem logistically extremely dubious, though, and Laura hasn't backed them up, so I wouldn't believe them just like that.

Oh thanks. When i watched it, all I thought was "don't do drugs before filming Youtube videos". lol

Yikes that's a lot of ports. Hope Nintendo improves them enough so the double purchase can be worth it...

You do know that this list is bullshit? First of....I bet they have more games ready then we know about now because Laura doesnt know ANYTHING whats going on at Nintendo. Second we already know that Monolith Soft is working at a new Xenoblade game so that a port is unlikely but not completly out of the question.

Unbelievable that we will see the damn thing in less than two weeks. It's about time. Rougly 8 weeks later we can then buy it!! Thats crazy.

BY2K

Membero Americo
"The Geno Google leak was called fake. Why aren't people calling my leaks fake?"

1. We are.
2. You have 35k subs. If you don't see people calling you out on fake leaks, it's probably because they don't even know who you are.

Shiggy

You do know that this list is bullshit? First of....I bet they have more games ready then we know about now because Laura doesnt know ANYTHING whats going on at Nintendo. Second we already know that Monolith Soft is working at a new Xenoblade game so that a port is unlikely but not completly out of the question.

Unbelievable that we will see the damn thing in less than two weeks. It's about time. Rougly 8 weeks later we can then buy it!! Thats crazy.

The port is by Australian studio Tantalus.

Josh5890

Yikes that's a lot of ports. Hope Nintendo improves them enough so the double purchase can be worth it...

The only one on that list I would have a hard time rebuying is Xenoblade since I still have the Wii-U version sealed. I think Nintendo does enough with Smash, Kart and Splatoon to warrant a second purchase.

Zedark

"The Geno Google leak was called fake. Why aren't people calling my leaks fake?"

1. We are.
2. You have 35k subs. If you don't see people calling you out on fake leaks, it's probably because they don't even know who you are.

To be fair, though, Laura did acknowledge him (she even went on a stream with him) and backed up his first leak, so there's that. He is a bit annoying in his intro, I agree, but I think that statement is more a thing that fits his persona than something that has to hold up under scrutiny. The fact that Laura does not corroborate any leaks of his other than the Assassin's Creed one is, in my opinion, more damning for his credibility (it was the only claim to fame he had).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom