• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

I'm getting real antsy now that we're in 2017. I can feel the heat coming from the 13th from over a week away.
I bet we get a lot of leaked info before then. Unless every major news site saw it early and Nintendo NDAed them to heck an back, expect a race to see who can leak the most first.

Omg all of a sudden it's getting hard. It's getting real hard! I keep thinking we'll finally see Retros game and 3D Mario fully in 10 days! It's too hard just thinking about it now.

Nanashrew

Banned
Omg all of a sudden it's getting hard. It's getting real hard! I keep thinking we'll finally see Retros game and 3D Mario fully in 10 days! It's too hard just thinking about it now.

Phrasing!

Also if anyone is interested in speedrunning, AGDQ starts Sunday and that might help pass the time between then and the Switch info dump.

This week will be slow though.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I bet we get a lot of leaked info before then. Unless every major news site saw it early and Nintendo NDAed them to heck an back, expect a race to see who can leak the most first.

I hadn't considered that. A week of leaks confirmed, I should probably stay off gaf.

Pachimari

I unsubscribed to this thread for the past month and it made time fly by fast. That's also because of Christmas, a birthday and New Year happening.

But there's still CES before this event kicks off. I'll be unsubscribing to this thread again. Looking for Switch information and hoping for it every day just makes it unbearable and the wait that much harder.

oti

Banned
I unsubscribed to this thread for the past month and it made time fly by fast. That's also because of Christmas, a birthday and New Year happening.

But there's still CES before this event kicks off. I'll be unsubscribing to this thread again. Looking for Switch information and hoping for it every day just makes it unbearable and the wait that much harder.

Yeah, CES shoud be fun it its own weird way. Then we have AGDQ to pass the time and then BAM Switch event.

Same. I'm crazy excited but trawling for news makes it worse.

oti

Banned

Nanashrew

Banned
What is AGDQ? Dragon Quest event?

AGDQ is Awesome Games Done Quick. It's a speedrunning event done for charity with the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Their Summer Games Done Quick (SGDQ) works with Doctors without Borders.

It's a really awesome week long marathon.

More info can be found here: https://gamesdonequick.com/

I'm excited cause my friend will be on the couch this year and commentating a bit for Moon Crystal.

Oregano

image.php

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I'm sure there are going to be many chances for everyone to play one before launch.

Plum

I'm sure there are going to be many chances for everyone to play one before launch.

I hope so, though to be honest I don't need to play it as I already know I'm getting it. I just hope that Nintendo branches out in Britain from just doing London and Edinburgh/Glasgow, that always seems to be the case with things like this.

Pachimari

Awesome Games Done Quick. Speedrun Marathon. It's great!

I LOVE stuff like this.

AGDQ is Awesome Games Done Quick. It's a speedrunning event done for charity with the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Their Summer Games Done Quick (SGDQ) works with Doctors without Borders.

It's a really awesome week long marathon.

More info can be found here: https://gamesdonequick.com/

I'm excited cause my friend will be on the couch this year and commentating a bit for Moon Crystal.
Oh I see. Well meh it's not for me if it's just watching others play. Hope the rest of you enjoy it though.

If the MK , Splatoon and Smash bros ports are as good as expected and hey have nice, worthy updates they will have a very nice competitive base. Nothing to wait for.

Are you complaining that you have to rebuy the game?
Go and tell that to the Madden/Fifa crowd. They will have a laugh.

radcliff

In terms of either Zelda or Mario at launch, I think the best combo would be Mario and Skyrim at launch with Zelda and Mario RPG coming a few months later; or Zelda and Mario RPG at launch with Mario and Skyrim coming a few months later. Mario and Mario RPG launching at the same time (or Zelda and Skyrim at the same time) seems like too much overlap of Mario or open world games respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom