• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
nothing, don't get your hopes up

Yes...don't get your hopes up

Until it happens with a Developer no expects and dreams of the series returning to greatness are crushed once and for all!

But it's dead. And will stay dead. Nintendo did it themselves.

TDLink

MK8.5 could be significant if the changes are big enough. Especially if they MAKE BATTLE MODE GREAT AGAIN!

I dunno. I am sure Mario Kart will sell well just because it's Mario Kart. But I don't see people getting especially excited about it specifically. No amount of new tracks or characters, or even a new battle mode, compares with something like new character reveals for Smash Bros (which that game basically runs on).

Scrawnton

Everything is starting to leak now, isn't it? LKD is gonna leak it all?

If she saw proof of a launch Zelda then she knows the launch date.

Neoxon

If LKD is right (and by the sudden change in her expectations i have no reason to doubt her), not counting VC titles and 3rd party non-exclusive titles, this is what i tjink the 1st party line-up for the year is going to be:

Launch
-Zelda BotW (JP, US)
-Mario&Rabbids RPG
-Splatoon Remaster (pack-in title)
-Nintendoland Switch (downloadable)
-Mario Kart 8+ or Smash Bros Remastered
-Monster Hunter Generation Ultimate (JP)
-Xenoblade Chronicles X Remastered (JP)

Spring
-Pikmin 4 (April)
-Zelda BotW (May, EU) *but i reaaaaally hope it's launch in EU too
-Mario Kart 8+ or Smash Bros Remastered (May)
-Mario Switch (June)
-Monster Hunter Stories Ultimate (June, JP)

Summer
-Xenoblade Chronicles X Remastered (July)
-Monster Hunter Generation Ultimate (August)
-Animal Crossing (September)

Fall
-Pokémon Star (October)
-Retro New IP (November)
-Mario Sports? (December)
-Monster Hunter Stories Ultimate (December)
Unless Laura got some updated info on Smash & Mario Kart, Smash 4 Switch is coming within the first 6 months of the Switch's life, while Mario Kart 8 Switch is coming within the first 3 months of the Switch's life. As far as Laura has told us right now (& likely as far as she's confident in at the moment), Splatoon will be the only Day 1 enhanced Wii U port.

oti

Banned
I'd imagine Mario will get a slight bump. No ones going to buy a Mario cross over RPG if Mario and Zelda Re at launch. Push Mario to May or June and try to get people to buy Mario x Rabbids as the Mario fix for launch.

Exactly. The entire point of Ubisoft developing this game is to make the Rabbids more popular. People will buy this game because it will feature Mario. Releasing actual real Mario on the same day would kill Mario X Rabbids and upset Ubisoft to no end.

Are you saying that is the entire lineup? Is t that pretty shitty? It is basically a bunch of Wii U games and a new Mario?

Its kind of wrong to see that as shitty. A majority of people never picked up a wii u so this is essentially a line up of all new games. There will be some wii u owners unimpressed but they are a small amount of the potential fan base.

Gleethor

There's been so much smoke about Mother 3 VC in the last year that it pretty much has to be happening.

Wonder what they'll call it? Earthbound 2 or Earthbound: Bad Subtitle

AdanVC

Damn, Laura is spoiling all the fun now. Would have been awesome to be surprised with that Mother 3 announcement on Jan 12 :(

But fuck yeah Mother 3 finally coming

Well shit, that explains why it never turned up after both Emily & Eurogamer heard about it.

Hype

Makes sense to me: originally planned for Wii U, then moved over to Switch.

There's been so much smoke about Mother 3 VC in the last year that it pretty much has to be happening.

Wonder what they'll call it? Earthbound 2 or Earthbound: Bad Subtitle

EarthBound Beginnings was weird enough. I don't know if I can embrace a new name for Mother 3, lol

They'll probably call it Mother 3. They made that joke at E3 plus if they are not planning on making another, just leave it for the fans

Lutherian

MP: Federation Force's final cutscene teased a new game, likely a Metroid Prime 4 (there's some speculation about the character who
steals the Metroid larva
, might be the same
that chase Samus ship in the
100% ending of MP3: Corruption.

Imagine, a brand new Metroid Prime.

Do you remember the Prime, Mr Frodo ? It'll be spring soon. And the Flaahgra will be in blossom, And the Metroids will be nesting in the Phazon mines. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the space pirate with screams. Do you remember the taste of space pirate?

Neoxon

Makes sense to me: originally planned for Wii U, then moved over to Switch.
Exactly. If nothing else, this vindicates Emily Rogers a bit more (as this was one of the scoops that people grilled her over for supposedly being wrong, when it was actually moved to the Switch).

Neoxon

With how many times this rumour's cropped up, this is really "I'll believe it when I see it."
As mentioned earlier, it's entirely possible that it was slated for last year on the Wii U, but Nintendo decided to move it to the Switch to generate more hype & sales potential.

HylianTom

Banned
Mother 3.. wow.

The burned journalist finally gets what he clamored for.
nintendo.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Exactly. If nothing else, this vindicates Emily Rogers a bit more (as this was one of the scoops that people grilled her over for supposedly being wrong, when it was actually moved to the Switch).

Yup, I always said that they moved it to Switch. I'm glad that my prediction is right if the rumor panned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom