• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesiac

If Mother 3 gets released on the Switch, I would hope that they'd try to put the first two up as well as soon as they can so all three games can be played on one device.

18-Volt

No! I don't want Mother 3 as a VC! That game needs a proper remake! There is no reason to make it Switch exclusive either, Wii U and 3DS can run the game pretty fine.

Just give me more GCN games as VC debut.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
If LKD is right (and by the sudden change in her expectations i have no reason to doubt her), not counting VC titles and 3rd party non-exclusive titles, this is what i tjink the 1st party line-up for the year is going to be:

Launch
-Zelda BotW (JP, US)
-Mario&Rabbids RPG
-Splatoon Remaster (pack-in title)
-Nintendoland Switch (downloadable)
-Mario Kart 8+ or Smash Bros Remastered
-Monster Hunter Generation Ultimate (JP)
-Xenoblade Chronicles X Remastered (JP)

Spring
-Pikmin 4 (April)
-Zelda BotW (May, EU) *but i reaaaaally hope it's launch in EU too
-Mario Kart 8+ or Smash Bros Remastered (May)
-Mario Switch (June)
-Monster Hunter Stories Ultimate (June, JP)

Summer
-Xenoblade Chronicles X Remastered (July)
-Monster Hunter Generation Ultimate (August)
-Animal Crossing (September)

Fall
-Pokémon Star (October)
-Retro New IP (November)
-Mario Sports? (December)
-Monster Hunter Stories Ultimate (December)

What the fuck at all these remasters. If you own a Wii U the only new game available to you at launch is that Rabbids nonsense...everything else is available to you on the Wii U (or 3DS, in regards to Monster Hunter)

That'd be a disaster for third parties to have both on Day 1.

At the end of the day, the thing 3rd Parties care about most is install base. The Wii was dominated by Nintendo software, but it had plenty of 3rd party million sellers because of it's install base.

Over the next year 3rd parties are going to need to bake a multi-year bet on the Switch. Nintendo needs to everything possible to encourage 3rd parties to commit resources. Not tentative, rushed launch resources, but real long term multi year resources.

If they step out of the way at launch and give 3rd parties a larger percentage of launch sales, that only really helps a tiny amount. The launch install base will be comparatively small so any gains will be small as well. If the instead push as hard as possible to move Switches, by the first holiday there should hopefully be a large enough install base for 3rd Parties to really sink their teeth into.

HylianTom

Banned
No! I don't want Mother 3 as a VC! That game needs a proper remake! There is no reason to make it Switch exclusive either, Wii U and 3DS can run the game pretty fine.

How about a Mother Trilogy physical copy? All three games on one card!

LordKano

It doesn't need any remake, it's as pretty and playable now as when it released eleven years ago.

He said they can make another without him. Then again would you want another without him?
tough choice.

Ah, I see. But like you said, there wouldn't really be a point to an official Mother 4 without the man himself, and I'm sure Nintendo knows that.

Does it really need a remake? And there is a reason to make it Switch exclusive: to get people interested in, you know, the Switch.

BiggNife

Emily Rogers has said that the mother 3 localization is ready to go and is basically just sitting on a shelf so it makes sense that it would be ready for switch launch.

I guess they realized that releasing it on a dying console just didn't make much financial sense.

Enjoy your cruise! No really, have fun :p

Thanks, I will! I just hope the internet is decent on January 12th....

Anyway I hope for the rest of you all (and me when I inevitably break down) that leakers won't leak everything, or even most things really. Hardware leaks are great but I really don't wanna hear about any new game surprises before the presentation.

The localization was supposed to be handled by Nintendo of Europe, right?

I hope so. I don't want Nintendo of America's greasy hands on it after what they've done with games like Fire Emblem Fates and Triforce Heroes.

zelda-triforce-heroes-doge-such-ruin.jpg

NSESN

I hope so. I don't want Nintendo of America's greasy hands on it after what they've done with games like Fire Emblem Fates and Triforce Heroes.

Please let's not start this dsicussion in this thread

The amount of flak this gets is so dumb considering it's one line that most people won't even see playing naturally

Where the hell did Nintendoland Switch come from?

Yeah, people are assuming this just because of Wii Sports and Nintendoland on the Wii U. I think it's unlikely we'll have a big minigame collection. Base Switch will be without a game, and Deluxe Switch will have Splatoon. No way are they going to pack in two games with the deluxe, and anyway, there isn't any sort of 'gimmick' to show off with the Switch, as everything has to work the same in docked or undocked mode.

Obviously I'd love there to be a minigame collection, it's more likely to be something more bare bones and downloadable though, IMO.

Spring
-Zelda BotW (May, EU) *but i reaaaaally hope it's launch in EU too
-Mario Switch (June)

I cannot see there being any way on earth that Zelda will be here at launch in NA but not EU. There is no way that Zelda and Mario will launch at the same time (that would be a seriously stupid thing to do), so without Zelda, the EU launch line up won't have any sort of flagship Nintendo game, besides ports. Can you imagine the negative impact that would have on both Nintendo's image and sales in Europe?

Also, it seems very very likely that the Switch will be region free, which means releasing Mario in Europe and Zelda in NA on launch would be pointless, and also a very weird thing to in 2016 (when did we last get a BIG game releasing months apart in NA and EU? Pretty sure it hasn't happened since the early 2000s- I remember buying a 'freeloader' so I could play NTSC Animal Crossing in the UK, as it came to the UK two years after the American release!!)

Mariolee

Holy crap.

The rumors not manifesting into tangible announcements over the past year makes sense now. Perhaps originally Mother 3 was meant for Wii U VC early on in 2016 which is when we began to hear all of those rumors (or was it 2015?) but there was a decision to simply move it to the Switch to gain brownie points with fans for the new system over the course of the last year.

BiggNife

Oh my god I am so sick of this image

Treehouse has done plenty of great localizations and that line is just a single one off joke in a Zelda spin-off that is intentionally goofy

Richie

Color Splash's localization single handledly makes up for any shortcoming the Treehouse ever had or will have.

...Color Splash was localized by the Treehouse, right? Oh well, if not, the Treehouse still does a helluva job overall.

Also, could a kind soul quote what the DirectFeedGames tweet say? At work here, so can't open it by myself.

Treehouse has done plenty of great localizations and that line is just a single one off joke in a Zelda spin-off that is intentionally goofy

Well, what they did to if/Fates was cataclysmic, but let's not get off topic.

Edit:

Color Splash's localization single handledly makes up for any shortcoming the Treehouse ever had or will have.

...Color Splash was localized by the Treehouse, right? Oh well, if not, the Treehouse still does a helluva job overall.

But they also do great jobs at times, like this.

Wait, you're telling me that somebody put a joke in Zelda!? Has anyone notified law enforcement?

Nudull

Banned

Don't get them started about Nintendo taking their waifus away. :p

Mariolee

Lol we should be happy we're getting Mother 3 at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom