• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKano

C1LuLE1XgAAtx5p.jpg

Neoxon

No! I don't want Mother 3 as a VC! That game needs a proper remake! There is no reason to make it Switch exclusive either, Wii U and 3DS can run the game pretty fine.

Just give me more GCN games as VC debut.
There is a reason to make it Switch-exclusive, hype.

As for GameCube, Eurogamer heard that Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, & Luigi's Mansion will be the first 3 GameCube VC games. And if Laura's sources are still saying to not expect a lot on the VC front on Day 1, we should probably keep our expectations at only those 3 on Day 1 to minimize disappointment. That said, Melee, Sunshine, & Luigi's Mansion as the first GCN VC games is pretty huge.

NSESN

I hope Capcom do the same with DGS and AAI 2, if not, the day a good fan translation of DGS is released is the day I hack my 3DS

The more I think about it it's a good idea to not make anymore new topics on rumors so nobody else will even know these announcements are coming.

JB2448

If Mother 3 gets released on the Switch, I would hope that they'd try to put the first two up as well as soon as they can so all three games can be played on one device.

Considering how successful EarthBound has been for them on both the Wii U and New 3DS (it was a New 3DS Virtual Console launch title), that'd be a no-brainer.
Again, until it's been announced, I don't believe it. Way, way too many false positives (I'm looking at you, Eurogamer).

The more I think about it it's a good idea to not make anymore new topics on rumors so nobody else will even know these announcements are coming.

Except they wind up everywhere else anyway. There's no avoiding them unless GAF's your only source; it's kind of silly that NeoGaf even has that "Tweet" rule, when it should be the messenger, not the medium, that's important

LordKano

I truly don't get the hype for Mother 3 on VC. The translated rom has been available for ages. If you really wanted to play it, you could have by now.

I've already played it via emulator, but it's not the best way to enjoy the game. This time, I'll be able to play it officially through a proper console and with an official translation.

Not everyone like to play through emulators.

Scrawnton

I am currently playing Earthbound right now for the first time so this rumor is awesome. I'm loving Earthbound so much and I'm starting to see the hype.

The music and sound design is phenomenal. Hopefully Mother 3 continues that.

I am currently playing Earthbound right now for the first time so this rumor is awesome. I'm loving Earthbound so much and I'm starting to see the hype.

The music and sound design is phenomenal. Hopefully Mother 3 continues that.

You're in for a treat; the music is Shogo Sakai's masterpiece.

Zedark

So what's been happening in the past 7 hours? I saw Metroid being mention(oh Lordy) and something about Mother 3.

Liam Robertson and NateDrake had a discussion about when they expect Nintendo to announce Metroid (sic) and Laura Kate Dale dropped Mother 3 on VC in Q2 2017. Also, Laura has confirmed with her NOA source that Zelda is indeed available at launch,she still has no idea why European sources say June, though.

Speely

Banned
Do you remember the Prime, Mr Frodo ? It'll be spring soon. And the Flaahgra will be in blossom, And the Metroids will be nesting in the Phazon mines. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the space pirate with screams. Do you remember the taste of space pirate?

This made me smile :)

NSESN

BTW, it looks like Laura got her confirmation becuase magazines already have their stories done. You guys think Nintendo told everything to them beforehand?

Yukinari

Mother 3 is gonna be really interesting cause we'll have two different localized versions to compare and i got a feeling that the fan translation is still gonna be better.

Knowing NoA theyll sneak in a couple unfunny lines that date the game and possibly censor things like the Magypsies.

The Triforce Heroes example isnt even their worst offender when you have shit like the Leet Hammer Bros from Partners in Time.

LordKano

BTW, it looks like Laura got her confirmation becuase magazines already have their stories done. You guys think Nintendo told everything to them beforehand?

Probably, because they need to have the info beforehand in order to have their magazines in due time in stores.

Mother 3 is gonna be really interesting cause we'll have two different localized versions to compare and i got a feeling that the fan translation is still gonna be better.

Knowing NoA theyll sneak in a couple unfunny lines that date the game and possibly censor things like the Magypsies.

The Triforce Heroes example isnt even their worst offender when you have shit like the Leet Hammer Bros from Partners in Time.

God, these posts are so wrong. The Treehouse is amongst the best translator's studios in the video game industry.

Soul Lab

So. I thought LDK want to stop with the leaks until 12th January. Attention can be a drug lol. Welp time to stay away from this thread and gaf.

Neoxon

Yasss, now will we get Mario too?
Unless Nintendo wants to have Zelda & Mario eat into each other's profits and/or leaving every other launch title in the dust, the 3D Mario game is probably gonna get pushed back.

That said, I'd sure as hell buy both if they were both on Day 1.

Peru

It's a lesson worth learning when we have credible leakers with a track record of getting things right: They're still only getting 'one dimensional' info from one source or some sources. Take the battery life, which people freaked over, which turned out to be based on dev kits. Other spec info, also from dev kits. Eurogamer recently with a new report, but no context, only simple numbers. Dev kits? First dev kit, second dev kit, what about performance? We can't know, because the sources are protected. Zelda, etc.

Leaks can be right, and sources legit, and still not tell us a meaningful truth.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
Unless Nintendo wants to have Zelda & Mario eat into each other's profits and/or leaving every other launch title in the dust, the 3D Mario game is probably gonna get pushed back.

That said, I'd sure as hell buy both if they were both on Day 1.

I'm sure Switch can manage an attach rate greater than 1 at launch.

DMONKUMA

Liam Robertson and NateDrake had a discussion about when they expect Nintendo to announce Metroid (sic) and Laura Kate Dale dropped Mother 3 on VC in Q2 2017. Also, Laura has confirmed with her NOA source that Zelda is indeed available at launch,she still has no idea why European sources say June, though.

Oh! Well that's great if it's true, gives me more meaning to get the Switch at launch since I'm not fond of Mario. The Metroid conversation is probably nothing and just appears how it is, guessing when a Metroid title would appear.

Neoxon

I'm sure Switch can manage an attach rate greater than 1 at launch.
My point is that while the legs for both would be okay in the long-term, the short-term sales of both would be somewhat limited if both came out at around the same time. This isn't even mentioning games like Skyrim or the Mario x Rabbids RPG which would be basically forgotten if both BotW & the 3D Mario game are out at launch.

Maxrunner

Where? Can tou provide a link?

Zelda as a launch title in the US and Mario in Europe would be a terrible and ridiculous situation. Hopefully not the case.

I don't actually want them to both release Day One though, as I've no idea which I'd boot first.

Zedark

It's a lesson worth learning when we have credible leakers with a track record of getting things right: They're still only getting 'one dimensional' info from one source or some sources. Take the battery life, which people freaked over, which turned out to be based on dev kits. Other spec info, also from dev kits. Eurogamer recently with a new report, but no context, only simple numbers. Dev kits? First dev kit, second dev kit, what about performance? We can't know, because the sources are protected. Zelda, etc.

Definitely, but still we get shitposters like some on this page who troll about her flip-flopping and attention seeking. Look at her twitter timeline: she has some absolutely shitty tweets retweeted, and you can just see that these people don't care one bit about the process of gathering information for such leaks yet still hold leakers to ridiculously high standards of needing to speak absolute truth every single time. It is frankly ridiculous and I can see why Laura would get so burned out by it: nothing will ever be good enough for them.

oti

Banned
So. I thought LDK want to stop with the leaks until 12th January. Attention can be a drug lol. Welp time to stay away from this thread and gaf.
After the Zelda misstep her credibility is on the line. She has got to leak some stuff in order to get it back.

I told you the Zelda delay rumour was whack.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
the opposite actually. confirmed live
Right, it even says so on the official North American Nintendo Switch site:

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 - Live from Tokyo
Jan. 12 — 8 p.m. PT / 11 p.m. ET
Source: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

I still haven't seen anything regarding the venue of the press conference though. Tokyo Big Sight's web site features no info on it. But likely it will be, as I have previously suggested, in the International Conference Room.

inter_naz2ur3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom