• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love if they Launched Mario and Zelda together but most people are not buying a new system, and more than 2 new games. The Rabbids RPG and any other launch materials would get buried. Mario should be a few months out. Gotta remember if splatoon pack in is included at launch that means we are getting a splatoon port too. That's way too many games.

Scrawnton

After the Zelda misstep her credibility is on the line. She has got to leak some stuff in order to get it back.

I told you the Zelda delay rumour was whack.

They're from two different sources in two different continents. It's very possible her NOA and NOE sources are both correct and the game is delayed in Europe only.

Zelda as a launch title in the US and Mario in Europe would be a terrible and ridiculous situation. Hopefully not the case.

I don't actually want them to both release Day One though, as I've no idea which I'd boot first.
Yep that would be dumb. Has there been any rumors of the Switch being region free?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Rösti;227546666 said:
Right, it even says so on the official North American Nintendo Switch site:

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

I still haven't seen anything regarding the venue of the press conference though. Tokyo Big Sight's web site features no info on it. But likely it will be, as I have previously suggested, in the International Conference Room.

inter_naz2ur3.png

Still don't know how they're gonna handle this for non-Japanese speakers.

Unless they're gonna do it in English?

Neoxon

I could see the Treehouse crew dubbing over the Japanese speakers for the NoA stream (likely with dates relevant to North America). Same for Nintendo of Europe.

sanstesy

Zelda as a launch title in the US and Mario in Europe would be a terrible and ridiculous situation. Hopefully not the case.

I don't actually want them to both release Day One though, as I've no idea which I'd boot first.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is great about this. What a mess if true.

Rösti;227546666 said:
Right, it even says so on the official North American Nintendo Switch site:

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

I still haven't seen anything regarding the venue of the press conference though. Tokyo Big Sight's web site features no info on it. But likely it will be, as I have previously suggested, in the International Conference Room.

inter_naz2ur3.png

Triforces everywhere

Zedark

All of the Laura threads are getting locked, even the old ones.

Well, that would be consistent with the rules, at least. I wonder why now, though. Do they fault her for changing her stance on the Zelda issue?
IS the countdown at OP correct? Its 10 days and 8 hours to me btw
Edit: Wait, no. It should be 10 days 10 hours from now (it is january 2 7pm CEST right now, and the event start on january 13 at 5am).

From what I understood of the leaks, it's not localization that's making things complicated but QA testing? I wouldn't be surprised if BotW lacks some polish at launch.

Jerm411

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread but it'd be awesome if we got a surprise announcement at the conference of a full fledged Switch Animal Crossing game....

It could be the big fall title if Mario is indeed at launch...probably won't happen but I'm holding out hope lol.

New Leaf was such an amazing experience and I'm just super exctied to see where the series goes next.

So if Laura makes an article on what she tweeted about Mother 3 coming in Quarter 2 of 2017 then that will be allowed to have a topic? Lol

How does that make sense? It shouldn't matter where the info is coming from. What matters is WHO the info is from.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

The International Conference Room offers simultaneous interpretation system for up to eight languages. What these languages are I don't know and I haven't been able to find any greater info on it. There is some info on fees available here (under 同時通訳設備): http://www.bigsight.jp/organizer/price/equipment/

I'll keep looking for more details.

I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread but it'd be awesome if we got a surprise announcement at the conference of a full fledged Switch Animal Crossing game....

It could be the big fall title if Mario is indeed at launch...probably won't happen but I'm holding out hope lol.

New Leaf was such an amazing experience and I'm just super exctied to see where the series goes next.
The Switch absolutely needs an Animal Crossing to make up for that board game shit.

She said she would be doing a summary of all her leaks soon, so we can probably make a thread about them then.

Feels like a silly round about way when we can just share the news now, I'm sure there are many people on GAF who want to know about Mother 3 and Zelda now. Rules need to be followed though so I guess we wait for the publication.

Rösti;227547190 said:
The International Conference Room offers simultaneous interpretation system for up to eight languages. What these languages are I don't know and I haven't been able to find any greater info on it. There is some info on fees available here (under 同時通訳設備): http://www.bigsight.jp/organizer/price/equipment/

I mean one will obviously be English regardless

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

Don't forget we have a mobile Animal Crossing title coming down the pipeline first.

TimmiT

At this point I'm thinking that the general fan response to the Switch presentation is going to be people complaining that nothing new was revealed.

Rösti;227547190 said:

Rosti -- do you have any confirmation that this conference and/or playable event is actually happening at Big Sight? I have a friend going to Japan at the same time who can't find confirmation or any info whatsoever on it. Was it cancelled?

Jerm411

Don't forget we have a mobile Animal Crossing title coming down the pipeline first.

Is it a proper AC game though...? I haven't read up on it much honestly....

Hell if they even ported over New Leaf with new content I'd take that at this point lol...

At this point I'm thinking that the general fan response to the Switch presentation is going to be people complaining that nothing new was revealed.
Even if all these leaks are correct, Nintendo is king of keeping the lid on things so there'll be something we didn't know about.

Zedark

Aeana said the following about these Laura's tweet threads:

Aeana said:
Posting hearsay and "rumors" on Twitter is easy and requires very little accountability. The very fact that the people reporting this have waffled several times should be evidence enough of why we do not want threads created about tweets like this. When someone is confident enough in the authenticity and solidity of their information to attach it to themselves and/or their employer in the case of a journalist in a professional capacity, then we will be happy to have a thread about it. Until then, we would appreciate it if people would stop making new threads every time someone tweets about something they heard or are predicting on a personal Twitter account.

What does the bolded mean? Basically that the leaker needs to be confident enough to put it to writing on a publication (like Laura's LPVG articles) or still something else?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

of course that will happen. we will also get a lot of threads with "will nintendo succeed with XY" or "that's why I think nintendo will fail with the switch"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Rosti -- do you have any confirmation that this conference and/or playable event is actually happening at Big Sight? I have a friend going to Japan at the same time who can't find confirmation or any info whatsoever on it. Was it cancelled?
Both the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 and Experience Meeting will be held at Tokyo Big Sight according to the news release on October 27: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/15aeb51d-9a6e-11e6-9b38-063b7ac45a6d.html

Also confirmed by this: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/art...6d.html?_ga=1.195260140.1547045138.1483379733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom