• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKano

£299.99 - £350 is insane.. Ughhhhhh it's gonna be expensive

The rumored and most likely price is £199.99 to £249.99

Argos put up the Pre order price for £299 another journo is saying retailers are saying its £299-350

Ryan Brown (Daily Mirror) :

£299.99 - £350 for a 'premium' Switch bundle is my expectations. Was hoping for £250 tops, but seems unlikely.

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/statu...82073022443521

Placeholder prices vary intensively. GAME has a preorder at 199.99. Plus, that would contradicts what Kimishima said about the price. It won't happen.

If so, with the rumored specs. .. yyyykes it would be DOA

i always believed that people who expected a powerful machine with an unbelievable launch lineup coming at a very low price were delusional. with every new information people come back to reality and we are back to having a new nintendo system. just like the old nintendo systems: pricey, weak and entirely dependent on first party SW.

i predict a huge backlash after the event.

I'm still confused why voice chat on Switch is being considered a big deal by some. Wii U had it. Voice chat is an obvious feature. Wii U voice chat was poorly implemented. It being vastly improved upon with Switch would be the real story. Not that it is there.

Hell, we had voice chat enabled games for DS. It would be a baffling oversight not to have it in.

sanstesy

I don't get why people always question her, she has a solid track record.

In the past she made up bullshit rumours and that is only her fault. She apparently learned from it but something like that never goes away, especially when truly sourced rumours will naturally not be true sometimes.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Neither seem like definitive estimates, Laura actually got GAME to respond with her £200 leak.

Going by other tweets he posted today

My sources are retail sources though, and whilst retail have discussed pricing, these discussions can change day-to-day.

We still actually know very little about the Switch! There's still so much we'll see in two weeks.

@AAMARMO @Doctor_Cupcakes @LaurakBuzz I'm fairly certain our sources on pricing differs. Mine is from UK retailer.

@AAMARMO @Doctor_Cupcakes @LaurakBuzz This sort of stuff is super subject to changing on a day-to-day basis. Don't read too much into price.

So, yeah, don't read too much into it for now. Ryan Brown said that too :p

Zedark

I don't get why people always question her, she has a solid track record.

People like to hold high standards to leakers. In this thread, for example, people decry Laura as untrustworthy because of the Zelda correction she did, nevermind her stellar track record.

LordKano

Nobody should take Liam Robertson too seriously concerning rumors. Remember he was completely adamant about Shovel Knight joining Smash, or that Splatoon Direct. Or a fuckton of things actually.

He gets a few things right, especially the ones concerning his work with UnSeen 64 and Nintendo Software Technology, but that's about it.

...It's a very crazy, very stupid, entirely baseless theory of mine, but ever since he tweeted that NoA staff had gotten in contact with him, I always wondered if a hypothetical new localization of Mother 3 wouldn't be done by TobyFox.

that makes no sense whatsoever.

Months ago? So, a new localization from the ground up indeed?

...It's a very crazy, very stupid, entirely baseless theory of mine, but ever since he tweeted that NoA staff had gotten in contact with him, I always wondered if a hypothetical new localization of Mother 3 wouldn't be done by TobyFox.
I have a feeling he's working on something with Nintendo but a localisation? I'm not so sure.

Doctre81

In the past she made up bullshit rumours and that is only her fault. She apparently learned from it but something like that never goes away, especially when truly sourced rumours will naturally not be true sometimes.

She didn't make up anything. Plans change. The biggest mistake she made was not knowing the pic someone sent her as proof of pikmin 3 in development was actaully a picture of pikmin 2 npc on wii. But the fact is pikmin 3 WAS in development for wii at the same time she said so.

That and soul calibur coming to WiiU. But that was probably just some hearsay she heard or maybe even a prototype.

Months ago? So, a new localization from the ground up indeed?

That wouldn't actually be a terrible idea. It would even create a selling point for those unfamiliar with the Mother series.

i always believed that people who expected a powerful machine with an unbelievable launch lineup coming at a very low price were delusional. with every new information people come back to reality and we are back to having a new nintendo system. just like the old nintendo systems: pricey, weak and entirely dependent on first party SW.

i predict a huge backlash after the event.

Nintendo systems have never been overpriced except for the Wii U but even then it just provided very little value. I don't expect the switch to be powerful but Nintendo would be stupid to make it the same price as the current PS4/Xbone prices not matter what the specs are.

J@hranimo

Banned
here's my rumour:
"Metroid Prime 4 will be there at launch."

please include it in the round up.

Who are you though?

I'm still confused why voice chat on Switch is being considered a big deal by some. Wii U had it. Voice chat is an obvious feature. Wii U voice chat was poorly implemented. It being vastly improved upon with Switch would be the real story. Not that it is there.

While he didn't go into detail (his source could be some person trolling for all he knows), hearing voice chat again could mean it's improved with its implementation. It should be a global feature like how every other platform has it.

brad-t

No he didn't. He said they would not take a loss on it. Iwata and Miyamoto said wiiu was priced more than they wanted to.

They made this mistake with both the Wii U and 3DS and it cost them dearly. I can't fathom that they would do so again.

Richie

That wouldn't actually be a terrible idea. It would even create a selling point for those unfamiliar with the Mother series.

Yeah, if by some insane alignment of planets this actually happened, I totally see 'em using that as a hook for the many Undertale fans out there.

i wonder how that would work as Toby Fox can't actual program and GDS doesn't export to nintendo consoles yet. somebody else would have to remake it from the ground up.

I won't pretend to know a lick about programming, so that beats me. I reckon that something that could result from contacting Toby would be Ninty offering support of some degree for his next project, but that sounds like too proactive/agressive a business move from Nintendo toward a single indie creator, no matter how renowed or succesful. I'd love to be wrong though.

I won't pretend to know a lick about programming, so that beats me. I reckon that something that could result from contacting Toby would be Ninty offering support of some degree for his next project, but that sounds like too proactive/agressive a business move from Nintendo toward a single indie creator, no matter how renowed or succesful. I'd love to be wrong though.

again, Toby can't program. he would have to hire people to do it for him and all that for launching on a nintendo plattform? i just don't that would be worth it. he could just make an undertale(-ish) sequel for the PC.

Is your rumour corroborated by a leaker with a stellar track record, though?

are his?

LordKano

He did? would like a link for that.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-comments-on-nintendo-movies-mobile-nx/
It’s true there is a certain expectation for the prices of Nintendo consoles. Our developers put a lot into them, but we can not sell at a loss. The final price is determined by balancing these two conflicting ideas. I don’t believe it’s as simple as “because this is a new platform, we can make it more expensive.”

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/someone-at-nintendo-thought-wii-u-would-sell-100-m/1100-6441530/

"it is true that we are having a hard time with Wii U sales." He said this is due in part to the system's price and the fact that tablets "are distributed free of charge in the market."

Saying that the Wii U costs too much + saying that they think Nintendo shouldn't release new consoles at a too high price = no way the Switch will costs more or the same as the Wii U

oti

Banned
No. Kimishima made it very clear that it will be cheaper than the Wii U was. Expect 250$ for the basic model.
I'd love to know if Nintendo will sell individual Joy-Con. It's kind of a must because of Mario Kart and such, but how much will they cost? I remember the Wii, as cheap as it was compared to the other consoles, getting really pricy once added in the additional costs for WiiMotes and Nunchuks for 4 players.

Who are you though?
Ignore them. They think Bencic is the future of Tennis.

Net

Is your rumour corroborated by a leaker with a stellar track record, though?
LKD has not corroborated anything from OBE1.

A4iQbC2.png

I swear some of you would be the easiest marks for a con.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Some prices posted in this thread are just stupid.

PS4 and Xbone can be found at £199 - £219. With more bundles at £249. For Switch to be £299 or £349 bundled someone in the top management of Nintendo would have to be insane. Certifiable.

J@hranimo

Banned
not less credible than OBE1, that's for sure.

Who is OBE1? The guy who paid people to 3D print a Switch so he could troll people? Yeah the guy you quoted is about as reliable as him when it comes to rumors. He isn't a journalist, he's a prankster.

I don't believe Obe1 either since he has no credibility, but some of the others stated in that post have a track record with some rumors being correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom