• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Something about that Argos price doesnt make much sense, and it's at odds with GAME (another retailer in UK) by £100. Unless its specifically the premium, which brings it £50 more than the old premium estimates.

That or Argos likes to overshoot estimates.

Otherwise Laura would have had another update if this is more recent a change. But it's a gigantic leap from previous estimates. Doesn't add up.

LKD has not corroborated anything from OBE1.

A4iQbC2.png

Honestly I kind of have to laugh at the people who didn't think it was shady when he said to stop bugging LKD because he had gotten her to corroborate everything he was going to share. If he had checked with her and she wanted to get people off her back, then the tweet should've been coming directly from LKD.

Ignore them. They think Bencic is the future of Tennis.

have you seen the Hopman Cup today?

Bencic will have her first GS way before OBE1 has an actual source for rumours.

Who is OBE1? The guy who paid people to 3D print a Switch so he could troll people? Yeah the guy you quoted is about as reliable as him when it comes to rumors if not more so. He isn't a journalist, he's a prankster.

i'm the most credible leaker of them all :^)

MP4 launch, BELIEVE.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Laura didn't corroborate all 12 leaks from OBE1 but she did corroborate the Assassin's Creed one. And she still joined his streams even after that misunderstanding. So that's that.

Nobody should take Liam Robertson too seriously concerning rumors. Remember he was completely adamant about Shovel Knight joining Smash, or that Splatoon Direct. Or a fuckton of things actually.

He gets a few things right, especially the ones concerning his work with UnSeen 64 and Nintendo Software Technology, but that's about it.

Not even not--a few posters in the know here showed a lot of his "Tanabe & Retro are not on good terms" video is full of nonsense.

Plum

Some prices posted in this thread are just stupid.

PS4 and Xbone can be found at £199 - £219. With more bundles at £249. For Switch to be £299 or £349 bundled someone in the top management of Nintendo would have to be insane. Certifiable.

Apparently "there are ways", but honestly I can't think of any. Nintendo's a publicly traded business, the 3DS's original price having to be cut caused Iwata and many other executives to lower their salaries, Kimishima himself has said that price was a major part of the Wii U's failure. Whilst it may not be £150-£200 low it will definitely be nowhere near the Wii U or possibly even the 3DS at launch.

Net

Laura corroborated the Assassin's Creed leak before that. Check your history dude.

And the fact that he proceeded to lie about corroboration on 11 other leaks doesn't raise any red flags in your mind?

I've got a bridge to sell you.

Josh5890

LKD has not corroborated anything from OBE1.

A4iQbC2.png

I swear some of you would be the easiest marks for a con.

For a while now I've just looked at leaks like "Ok, this might happen". At this point anything that anyone tweets means nothing to me.

Zedark

And the fact that he proceeded to lie about corroboration on 11 other leaks doesn't raise any red flags in your mind?

I've got a bridge to sell you.

I don't think anyone believed his VR leaks anyway, and the voice chat thing is hardly earth shattering news, so no need to try that narrative. I believe his first leak, and only because LKD has corroborated it, and regard the rest with utmost scepticism. He deserves a little (emphasis on a little) more attention due to his track record (his AC leak is corroborated by LKD), but no one should regard his leaks as anywhere near as relevant as LKD's or Emily Rogers'.

Raet

I think you guys are exaggerating about OBE1, his connection with Laura definitely gives him credibility. Still think Laura may have handed OBE those leaks to avoid revealing it herself, since she thinks it's "stressful". Especially considering how she knowingly asked him in their stream if she should talk about voice chat or if that was one of his leaks.

Zedark

Anyone else thinks that South Park is coming to Switch, since Ubisoft delayed the game till Q1 2017?

Seems quite possible. Ubisoft is often quite active for new Nintendo consoles, so it would be perfectly logical for it to come to the Switch. (edit: I fucked up, really sorry!)

I think you guys are exaggerating about OBE1, his connection with Laura definitely gives him credibility. Still think Laura may have handed OBE those leaks to avoid revealing it herself, since she thinks it's "stressful". Especially considering how she knowingly asked him in their stream if she should talk about voice chat or if that was one of his leaks.
I bet he has spoken to her outside of that stream to discuss his leaks. That's probably where she learned the content of his leaks. I wouldn't read anything into that.

Piscus

I hope for Nintendo's event that, instead of showing videos and stuff that they prepared for the unveiling of stuff already leaked, they just show pictures of the tweets and articles that leaked everything early.

Raet

Speaking of ports, I want Mario 3D Land on the Switch! Missed out on the Wii U and a game from that fantastic team is something no one should miss out on. 2018 maybe?

Plum

Anyone else thinks that South Park is coming to Switch, since Ubisoft delayed the game till Q1 2017?

There's definitely not a technical problem, and I doubt a port would cost all that much to develop; the only issue is whether Nintendo & Ubisoft want it on the console. I'd put it at slightly more than "fuck no" on the probability scale.

Speaking of ports, I want Mario 3D Land on the Switch! Missed out on the Wii U and a game from that fantastic team is something no one should miss out on. 2018 maybe?
Doubt it unless there's some kind of 3DS virtual console. 3D Land and 3D World aren't the kind of games that get ported.

Doctre81

They made this mistake with both the Wii U and 3DS and it cost them dearly. I can't fathom that they would do so again.

Price isn't why wiiu or even 3ds for that matter sold poorly after release. In fact the 3ds cost more now than it did after that price drop and it's sold out lol.

Neither had must have games or good advertising at launch. I'm not saying the system should be a lot of money but this isn't a $199 or you're doomed situation either.

oti

Banned

I still think it's an utter tragedy 3D Land didn't get DLC.

Or 3D Land 2. Something. Here's my money. Take it. TAKE IT!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Who's with me in #Team199US for the base model?

I'm excepting 249$ but hey, a man can dream.

hatchx

Banned

It makes sense. I can't imagine it'd be an expensive port, and as a launch game would get some nice attention.

....and for me personally, South Park being played on a handheld is the difference of me buying it or not, so I hope so!

Air

Banned
Price isn't why wiiu or even 3ds for that matter sold poorly after release. In fact the 3ds cost more now than it did after that price drop and it's sold out lol.

Neither had must have games or good advertising at launch. I'm not saying the system should be a lot of money but this isn't a $199 or you're doomed situation either.

I'm pretty sure miyamoto acknowledged that price was a huge barrier for Wii u, and he's right. Switch can't come in too expensive because Nintendo simply hasn't earned that ability in the eyes of consumers. Price isn't the only reason why it failed, but it was a poor proposition for the content and quality of the system

Raet

$199 will never happen, but if it did, it might be sold out for years... It might not even necessarily be a bad business decision but this is Nintendo, it will be at least 249.

antonz

I'm pretty sure miyamoto acknowledged that price was a huge barrier for Wii u, and he's right. Switch can't come in too expensive because Nintendo simply hasn't earned that ability in the eyes of consumers. Price isn't the only reason why it failed, but it was a poor proposition for the content and quality of the system

Price was a huge issue for the Wii U because it was a too late delivered system that lost all of its special features to standard features everywhere else because it came so late.

oti

Banned
$199 will never happen, but if it did, it might be sold out for years... It might not even necessarily be a bad business decision but this is Nintendo, it will be at least 249.

You directly contradict yourself. Being sold out for years is a bad business decision.

Air

Banned
Price was a huge issue for the Wii U because it was a too late delivered system that lost all of its special features to standard features everywhere else because it came so late.

Yeah I agree. I also think marketing, and content were the other big factors

Kevin

My prediction:

$250 - 32GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons and base.
$300 - 64GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, base and a pack in game. Maybe Mario Kart

Edit: I revised my deluxe pricing after revisiting the Wii U launch pricing structure.

Scrawnton

I would like to see Nintendo do the right thing and sell it at cost, not for profit and not at a loss. They need to get people back into their ecosystem and move software; this is what is most important.

My prediction:

$350 - 64GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, base and a pack in game. Maybe Mario Kart

Is that $350 a type? Because even nintendo isn't crazy enough to sell you Mario Kart and an extra 32gb of memory for an extra $100.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My prediction:

$350 - 64GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, base and a pack in game. Maybe Mario Kart

That doesn't make up for $100 difference in value. A 32GB micro SD card is $10. A Wii U up-port is maybe worth of $40.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
My prediction:

$250 - 32GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, Joycon Grip and base.
$300 - 64GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, Joycon Grip, base and a pack in game.
Fixed a couple of things. The pack-in game has to be centered around multiplayer, so no Zelda.

$200 - 32GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, Joycon Grip and base.
$250 - 64GB, Comes with Tablet, Joycons, Joycon Grip, base and a pack in game.
Dream scenario.

Raet

I would like to see Nintendo do the right thing and sell it at cost, not for profit and not at a loss. They need to get people back into their ecosystem and move software; this is what is most important.
Definitely. Something like $229 may be the perfect balance. But I don't see it happening, IMO $299 is more probable than it being less than $249.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom