• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pre orders will probably happen at like 2/3 am after the direct
amazon will wait until mid day the day after

I remember after the final fantasy event at 10 pm EST they put pre orders for the ultimate collectors edition

gamestop will probably have pre orders the day after too

hype hype hype

DMONKUMA

there would be leaks regardless of what Nintendo does. People just can't control themselves.

Was bayo 2 leaked before the Wii U presentation? If not then I imagine they could keep something similiar to that a secret until the event.

Also NateDrake doesn't like to tease right?

Hieberrr

Hmm...wasnt the original zelda 3ds a black friday release the same year 3ds released? Pretty sure it was...

It's because the 3DS sold terribly in the first year. You might see something like that if the Switch flops or doesn't perform in the first year, but I wouldn't bank on it otherwise.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't even care about leaks whether they're credible or not. If they end up being real cool if not then whatever. Always leaves everything up to discussion anyways until it's officially revealed so I don't mind it.

Somebody call Drake. We need some answers now! 😇
He did that tweet on purpose. He's not saying anything.

b3b0p

Did I miss something? When or why are people thinking there will be preorders on the 13th? I think people are going to be severely disappointed with the amount of information Nintendo gives out at this presentation. It is still going to be about a 3 month wait. A lot can change.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did I miss something? When or why are people thinking there will be preorders on the 13th? I think people are going to be severely disappointed with the amount of information Nintendo gives out at this presentation. It is still going to be about a 3 month wait. A lot can change.
Believe dammit

but will switch have built in streaming support? since Nintendo likes twitch and knows its here to stay will they have streaming support for twitch/youtube/etc?

since they do take a piece of the revenue

J@hranimo

Banned
but will switch have built in streaming support? since Nintendo likes twitch and knows its here to stay will they have streaming support for twitch/youtube/etc?

since they do take a piece of the revenue

We've never heard rumors or leaks about services the Switch would provide. Only thing close it that the button on the left joy-con allegedly is a share and record button for games.

I really doubt release info will change in the 2 months before launch. Not even sure if that would be possible with logistical considerations of supplying retailers with units

BiggNife

Huh? His record's perhaps the spottiest of the "insiders." So much so threads about him were banned

He can be spotty but he has had a number of actual confirmed rumors. And yes, I know he's banned. I also think he's an asshole, but I don't think his rumors should be dismissed entirely.

e: And I'm pretty sure his main source at Nintendo is the same one Emily Rogers uses.

Somebody call Drake. We need some answers now! 😇
No way we getting answers from Drake with JLo up under him

lol x smh if gamestops do honor those lists for pre orders when it isn't even in the system
thats just stupid, at least wait until the 12th :/
I dont even believe it.. since when has gamestop done that? They need atleast some sku in the system. I know the GM aint in there handing out tithes and offering evenlopes and putting them in the bathroom until preorders open..

jdmonmou

What do you think is going to change? Switch has to definitely release in March before the end of Nintendo's fiscal year to please shareholders.

TLZ

Banned
Wow I thought the whole world had pre-orders opened since last year. Well at least Australia do.

jmizzal

3 months before launch is already pushing it, this Jan 12th thing is gonna be flooded with info.

b3b0p

What do you think is going to change? Switch has to definitely release in March before the end of Nintendo's fiscal year to please shareholders.

I'm not saying release date will change. However, to preorder and guarantee day 1 for those that do there will need to be stock allocated already. Stores can't just arbitrarily start taking orders. Launch games would have to be going gold now or soon. What about any last minute Q&A issues discovered in any games or hardware designs or manufacturing? The last thing I want is day 1 patch or download or quality control issue.

watershed

Banned
The one tweet that LKD had that bugged me a bit was her reveal of the composer of the Mario/Rabbids game. The guy was having fun with his audience and teasing his fans while not violating his own NDA and LKD, I think, retweeted his tweet and basically said "I know what this game is, it's Mario/Rabbids!"

It just felt disrespectful and in poor taste. I get that that's exactly what a leaker does but the way she did it rubbed me the wrong way. I guess that's the nature of internet etiquette.

Leatherface

9PiVKyt.png

Already posted? Is this person trustworthy GAF?

I'm sure the dev team would like a couple of extra months for BotW but getting that game in as a launch day title is too important for the success of Switch, so its gotta be a launch title. If the testers find something late, they can always add a downloadable patch later.

Boke1879

I was going to get a Switch day one, but now that I know Zelda will be there as well. I'm too damn happy. I'm dropping some serious loot on this thing that day.

Leatherface

Well I guess I should have known better. Still, I didn't see it when doing my daily sweep on Switch news so I figured I post just in case, and hey look up there^. That person up there didn't see it! See?! You're welcome! :p

Josh5890

Someone will post the exact opposite tomorrow morning and this thread will flip right back over again. You all have worse mood swings than my girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom