• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if that list is true it's the best console launch since Gamecube.

I would respectfully disagree. It would kill third parties chances at launch. Also both 3d Mario and Zelda are predominately single player games. Switch trailer was heavy on multiplayer. Better launching Zelda or Mario at launch with Mario kart or Splatoon.

IMO Something more like this for NA launch:

March:
Zelda
Splatoon
Borderlands
Fifa
Lego Worlds
South park
Darganronpa
Resident evil
COD
Rocket League
World of Final fantasy
Tekken 7
For Honor (I know Switch probably can't run it)
Just Dance
Nba 2k17
Undertale

April:
Skyrim
Lego city undercover
Mario kart
Guardian of galaxy
Sonic mania
Seran kengura

May:
Overwatch
Dark souls
Minecraft
Yooka Laylee
Tales of berseria

June:
Mario
Dragon Quest 11
GTA V port

brad-t

If I had any influence over Nintendo and wanted them to sell some systems and would make the following games like these:
Metroid 1 HD remake:
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/this-is-what-a-hd-remake-of-sup...
Bayou Billy:
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/far-cry-4-building-the-a...
Mario Strikers: (or any mario sports game)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/see-mario-football-game-drea...
Retro would make a western FPS.
NST make a new Donkey Kong arcade game where we go for high scores and online leaderboards.
Atlus Remake Zelda a Link to the Past with 3d Dot heroes Engine. https://www.destructoid.com/review-3d-dot-game-heroes-171436.phtml
Punchout: http://billysan291.deviantart.com/art/Punch-Out-HD-173933660
Tecmo Bowl: http://kotaku.com/5483985/tecmo-super-bowl-remake-coming-to-x... Add in HD vs, and online leagues.
NHL would be NHL 94 anniversary mode from NHL 14. Online multiplayer, and leagues.
Madden would be like Madden 2005 in HD or Madden arcade.
Cruisin USA HD ----Which we are getting a new Cruisin!!!
Ridge Racer 1 HD remake(cartoony) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDk-LwFU94

You think these games would sell systems? lol

Speely

Banned
I would respectfully disagree. It would kill third parties chances at launch. Also both 3d Mario and Zelda are predominately single player games. Switch trailer was heavy on multiplayer. Better launching Zelda or Mario at launch with Mario kart or Splatoon.

IMO Something more like this for NA launch:

March:
Zelda
Splatoon
Borderlands
Fifa
Lego Worlds
South park
Darganronpa
Resident evil
COD
Rocket League
World of Final fantasy
Tekken 7
For Honor (I know Switch probably can't run it)
Just Dance
Nba 2k17
Undertale

April:
Skyrim
Lego city undercover
Mario kart
Guardian of galaxy
Sonic mania

May:
Overwatch
Dark souls
Minecraft
Yooka Laylee

June:
Mario
Dragon Quest 11
GTA V port

I want to live in this world. That's quite a wishlist.

Oersted

Switch reveal was heavy on multiplayer therefore Mario and Zelda is a bad idea? Huh? You do notice these games were part of the trailer, right?

Switch reveal was heavy on multiplayer therefore Mario and Zelda is a bad idea? Huh? You do notice these games were part of the trailer, right?
Of course. I'm just saying, if Nintendo is courting the multiplayer or esports crowds, launching with Zelda and Mario as your one two punch, will not get it done. Nor will it endear you to third parties.

giphy.gif

I KNEW the Switch was a Brave Little Toaster!

New Kirby game confirmed.

Oersted

Of course. I'm just saying, if Nintendo is courting the multiplayer or esports crowds, launching with Zelda and Mario as your one two punch, will not get it done. Nor will it endear you to third parties.

Nintendo won't exclusively focus on eSports crowds. That would be suicide.

Nintendo won't exclusively focus on eSports crowds. That would be suicide.

No they won't. But they should court local and online multiplayer, and esports. Which is what their announcement trailer conveyed. I think they should launch with one single player title like Mario or Zelda and one flagship Nintendo multiplayer title like mk or Splatoon.

Oersted

No they won't. But they should court local and online multiplayer, and esports. Which is what their announcement trailer conveyed. I think they should launch with one single player title like Mario or Zelda and one flagship Nintendo multiplayer title like mk or Splatoon.

Their trailer contained three single player titles and it conveyed a clear eSports message.

Amount of games isn't that important, its how you communicate.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, this thing needs to be at least twice the power of Scorpio. It also needs a full day of battery life at max settings and every multi-platform game needs to come to the system.

This thing is DOA otherwise. /s

also at a $199 price point or this is DOA bruh!

helium121

Banned
I would like to preorder at GameStop to try and get the system early in the morning and not wait for UPS to deliver from Bestbuy or Amazon. What is the chance that GameStop tries to force a bundle on people? I know back in the day when I got a PS2 from them they made me buy a warranty.

DNAbro

It's been mentioned before but I really hope Undertale somehow comes to the Switch. The more people who play that game the better.

Davey Cakes

It's so boring when we don't have leaks every 5 minutes lol
It might be boring but we're less than two weeks from the presentation. Who really wants substantial leaks at this point? I'd rather save my excitement for when Nintendo themselves showcase the Switch and its upcoming games.

It might be boring but we're less than two weeks from the presentation. Who really wants substantial leaks at this point? I'd rather save my excitement for when Nintendo themselves showcase the Switch and its upcoming games.
I want everything leaked.

not really. I'm just bored lol

Mariolee

What's the over/under on Diddy Kong Racing by Monster Games being revealed January 12th. It's unreasonable, but darn it I want it.

I would like to preorder at GameStop to try and get the system early in the morning and not wait for UPS to deliver from Bestbuy or Amazon. What is the chance that GameStop tries to force a bundle on people? I know back in the day when I got a PS2 from them they made me buy a warranty.

If you pre-order you should be fine. They only do that bundle shit when they're selling non pre-order stock.

18-Volt

You need to adjust your expectations people, that way there would be just a little disappointment.

Release schedule in my head:

Launch: Zelda BoTW, Mario 3D, Splatoon, Skyrim (not remastered PS3 port), Rayman Legends, Fifa 17 (PS3 version), Madden (PS3 version) NBA 2K17 (again, PS3 version), Megaman Collection, DQMJ3 Professional (up-res port, Jp only, lol), Disgaea 1 Switch Edition, Skylanders, Lego City

April: Mario Kart 8, Blazblue Central Fiction

May: Great Ace Attorney 2 (Jp only, because fuck you that's why), XCX, Rime

June: Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (this is the one Laura was talking about), Mario Maker (3DS port, no sharing), GotG Episode 1

Summer: Nothing, just like Wii U's first summer

September: Rabbids Battle Kingdom (F2P shit, Mario just a cameo)

Fall: Pokémon Stars (just a up-res Sun/Moon), Pikmin 4 (it's 2D sidescroller lol), Sonic 2017 (2006-2), Smash (no new characters, Cloud, Bayo and Ryu gone for some reason), Dragon Quest XI (Square decides to localize only PS4 version)

2018: Beyond Good & Evil 2 (top down perspective, 5 hours long), Donkey Kong Country: Cranky's Adventure (Retro's Fucking new game), New Nintendo IP (Jp exclusive, just like Reginleiv, Soma Bringer, Captain Rainbow were), Hyper Nintendo Entertainment System (first 10th gen platform, graphical powerhouse, fall)

See? My expectations can't go any lower. Now I'll be crazy happy when they announce something extra at next week's event. You should try too, it will feel amazing!

DNAbro

You need to adjust your expectations people, that way there would be just a little disappointment.

Launch: Zelda BoTW, Mario 3D, Splatoon, Skyrim (not remastered PS3 port), Rayman Legends, Fifa 17 (PS3 version), Madden (PS3 version) NBA 2K17 (again, PS3 version), Megaman Collection, DQMJ3 Professional (up-res port, Jp only, lol), Disgaea 1 Switch Edition, Skylanders, Lego City

June: Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (this is the one Laura was talking about), Mario Maker (3DS port, no sharing), GotG Episode 1

Fall: Pokémon Stars (just a up-res Sun/Moon), Pikmin 4 (it's 2D sidescroller lol), Sonic 2017 (2006-2), Smash (no new characters, Cloud, Bayo and Ryu gone for some reason), Dragon Quest XI (Square decides to localize only PS4 version)

2018: Beyond Good & Evil 2 (top down perspective, 5 hours long), Donkey Kong Country: Cranky's Adventure (Retro's Fucking new game), New Nintendo IP (Jp exclusive, just like Reginleiv, Soma Bringer, Captain Rainbow were)

See? My expectations can't go any lower. Now I'll be crazy happy when they announce something extra at next week's event. You should try too, it will feel amazing!

Do you really think Skyrim would not be the remastered version?

Neoxon

2018: Beyond Good & Evil 2 (top down perspective, 5 hours long), Donkey Kong Country: Cranky's Adventure (Retro's Fucking new game), New Nintendo IP (Jp exclusive, just like Reginleiv, Soma Bringer, Captain Rainbow were), Hyper Nintendo Entertainment System (first 10th gen platform, graphical powerhouse, fall)

There's lowering expectations to a reasonable level, & then there's overkill. This falls under the latter (though I have the impression that you're mocking me).

That said, what makes you think that both Zelda & Mario will be on Day 1?

18-Volt

Do you really think Skyrim would not be the remastered version?

No, but I want to be surprised, so... I'll just pretend like it is a just port of PS3 version.

There's lowering expectations to a reasonable level, & then there's overkill. This falls under the latter (though I have the impression that you're mocking me).

That said, what makes you think that both Zelda & Mario will be on Day 1?

It may sound overkill to you but some of those are really possible. Like Square bringing only PS4 version of the game. Or Ubisoft treating the system like a tablet and making F2P stuff. Or Retro's new game turns out to be another fucking Donkey kong because "they're not really done with the franchise". They're really believable. Let's hope they won't end up true.

18-Volt

You know there is lowering your expectations, and there is lying about what you expect.

Yeah, for me those two are the same thing. I know deep down I feel like Titanfall 2 will come out for Switch. I'm just trying to deny. I don't want to be let down.

Astral Dog

Yeah, for me those two are the same thing. I know deep down I feel like Titanfall 2 will come out for Switch. I'm just trying to deny. I don't want to be let down.
Titanfall 2 is going to be an old ass game when the Switch releases,thats just one reason it wont come out to the Switch

Calm Mind

Honestly the only EA published game I'm interested in. This game could have been a Switch launch game if EA wasn't so greedy.

_Clash_

Getting a version of Doom would be good for launch.

Hope they convinced Bethesda with money on that experiment.

Resident Evil 7 also one Nintendo should have chased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom