• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Dog

Getting a version of Doom would be good for launch.

Hope they convinced Bethesda with money on that experiment.

Resident Evil 7 also one Nintendo should have chased.
Demand is significantly lesser after a few months even on the other systems,and remember Nintendo delayed the launch of the Switch so they could have a few games on release date

Looks like we already have this. And it isn't even the 12th, yet.

cZEqH3k.jpg
It's a bit concerning that there seems to be a lot of hostility towards the system before it's first showing.
Threads full of people making their minds up that Switch is too expensive and the EuroGamer thing coming out so far from the January event has caused a lot of damage.
I'm guessing/hoping it'll stop after the January showing but with so many rooting for it to fail and the surprises being ruined that might not be the case.
Would rather not go through a few years of having a system people actively disliked.
I guess this could've all been avoided if Nintendo just said it's the 3DS successor but it's clear they don't want to take away from the 3DS's remains sales and they want more out of Switch.
Hope they knock it out of the park on the 12th

random25

It's a bit concerning that there seems to be a lot of hostility towards the system before it's first showing.
Threads full of people making their minds up that Switch is too expensive and the EuroGamer thing coming out so far from the January event has caused a lot of damage.
I'm guessing/hoping it'll stop after the January showing but with so many rooting for it to fail and the surprises being ruined that might not be the case.
Would rather not go through a few years of having a system people actively disliked.
I guess this could've all been avoided if Nintendo just said it's the 3DS successor but it's clear they don't want to take away from the 3DS's remains sales and they want more out of Switch.

That's the internet forums for ya.

Astral Dog

Yeah all the negativity since the clockspeed thread is messing me up a bit that im thinking don't looking here until the 12 and the system is not even fully revealed yet 😳

People won't be able to play Mario on their PS5's or PC's if Nintendo is successful because I guess that's a bad thing?

People on here are the vocal minority. I'd say it's not worth worrying until the Switch is in the minds of general consumers.

J@hranimo

Banned

Eh don't worry about this stuff. Nature of the net really. There's always gonna be haters and naysayers for Nintendo.

It's NeoGaf honestly, people here are keen on actively hating absolutely everything.

Well of course not just here, but it's especially strong with a good deal of posters here

People on here are the vocal minority. I'd say it's not worth worrying until the Switch is in the minds of general consumers.
I kind of get it, if you ignore the rumors without the reveal event it's basically an android tablet with no games. It's hard to argue until then.
It doesn't seem like it has taken a negative turn for mainstream consumers but the ire can spread.

Most Nintendo threads are like this.

The fact there are people who want Nintendo to go third party should be telling.

Malakai

The issue with the fake as Euro"trash"Gamer article it mixes speculation with news. So, everybody is thinking and basing their opinion that the Switch is running an under-clocked X1, which is honestly absurd, given that the Switch have active cooling.

Really? Perceptions seem a lot more positive than negative. Most of the news has been relatively positive so far. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong (but actually the right) places

Nanashrew

Banned

That's a good point. My cousin is excited about it and doesn't really follow games.

We just need to see the general public's thoughts on it, and so far Switch reveal video and Fallon, they seem to really think it's cool.

The 12th will be a very important event for Nintendo and continuing a focused message.

That Switch out in the cold meme...
I see it in a very different way.

Last year game sales were horrible and I mean big multiplatform games. With a massive amount of PS4 and XBoX One out there.

We are talking here about massive budget low risk games, going Titanic. There is a big elephant in the room and is shouting. "Brace!, brace!"

Nintendo has seen all this coming. They got hit early. They have reshaped themselves. They have a now a Swiss army knife as a platform.
The switch was born in the cold. Now it is in the market for a house.
Sony/EA/Ubisoft can't play the mortgage anymore and is being kicked from that house

_Clash_

Demand is significantly lesser after a few months even on the other systems,and remember Nintendo delayed the launch of the Switch so they could have a few games on release date

Yeah, but IMO Doom is a strong single player fps to launch with, has a strong history with Nintendo and would be a slow burn potentially as Nintendo die hards/lapsed gamers that come along with Switch and missed Doom last year feel invigorated to try it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Contemplating taking a break from gaf until sometime next Thursday. To avoid more leaks and hype. Maybe I'll only peruse OT in the meanwhile. Anybody else thinking about going on blackout?

The issue with the fake as Euro"trash"Gamer article it mixes speculation with news. So, everybody is thinking and basing their opinion that the Switch is running an under-clocked X1, which is honestly absurd, given that the Switch have active cooling.
The "trash" bit is unnecessary. The only issue is, again, no games to show what you can do with those specs.
Really? Perceptions seem a lot more positive than negative. Most of the news has been relatively positive so far. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong (but actually the right) places
Maybe it's just me. Got a couple guys on Twitter that I follow that are usually pretty chill but they're pretty upset about it. I guess people that were irked by "x game is probably coming to switch" in most game announcement threads are pretty happy with this news...in a bad way, I guess

I wasn't here for the whole "Switch is using Maxwell and underclocked stuff". So I'm watching a video and Laura had said Eurogamers info on the Switch using Maxwell and some kind of Tegra X1 was from July devkits and not October dev kits.

Is this where everyone stands on that whole matter? I was curious because like I said I wasn't really here and I don't know what general conclusions everyone came too.

Contemplating taking a break from gaf until sometime next Thursday. To avoid more leaks and hype. Maybe I'll only peruse OT in the meanwhile. Anybody else thinking about going on blackout?

The whole event can be leaked ahead of time and I'll still enjoy staying up late to watch it live. I'll go on blackout during the event and that's it. I'm only bothered with knowing information seconds ahead of time during the event. Like... if I'm watching the reveal and my stream is a few seconds behind, I'll be pretty ticked to see someone tweet about information I didn't see yet.

Spy

As far as exclusives, I see 2017 going something like this...

Launch
Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World
Splatoon
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

April
Mario Kart

May
Mario Sports Superstars

June
Super Smash Bros.

July
Super Mario Maker

August
Pikmin
Xenoblade Chronicles X

September
Mario (RPG)

October
Monster Hunter XX
Pokémon Stars

November
Mario (3D Platformer)

December
Animal Crossing
Pokkén Tournament

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

What do you expect, this is a Nintendo-system after all. It will get a ton of hate no matter what they do unfortunately But mostly from people who would never buy it no matter what.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The whole event can be leaked ahead of time and I'll still enjoy staying up late to watch it live. I'll go on blackout during the event and that's it. I'm only bothered with knowing information seconds ahead of time during the event. Like... if I'm watching the reveal and my stream is a few seconds behind, I'll be pretty ticked to see someone tweet about information I didn't see yet.
I guess I'm mostly just tired of watching this thread day after day for new news lol. Seeing it on the front page more and more fucks with my self control

Oersted

I think I will partly go on one if neccessary. I don't see a problem with a bunch of lineup games being leaked, because most are rather obviously being made anyway. I can't pretend surprise about 3D Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart and Pokemon being in development.

I also don't care about exact launchdates. They change anyway.

Footage on the other hand is something I will mostly stay away from if that leaks.

I guess I'm mostly just tired of watching this thread day after day for new news lol. Seeing it on the front page more and more fucks with my self control

Yeah... I'm not quite sure how some people manage that. I come here for conversation and not much else. I rely on LKD, Emily Rogers, and places like Go Nintendo on Twitter for the news I'm looking for. That and the NintendoGaf bot

Brofield

I'd like it to be kind of a free Animal Crossing, serving as the Switch's hub. "Hey I see you beat Double Dragon II on the Virtual Console, here's a poster of the game you can hang on your wall!" "Wow, you spent 100 hours on Super Splatoon? Here's this cool squid lamp to decorate your Switch Home with!"

I agree; it's one thing to see the themes from 3DS return (and even badges...to an extent), but I'd love for them to go even further in customization. Hell, even if they open up custom themes for people to create and share, that'd be great! (Bless us with your art, m0dus)

That Switch out in the cold meme...
I see it in a very different way.

Last year game sales were horrible and I mean big multiplatform games. With a massive amount of PS4 and XBoX One out there.

We are talking here about massive budget low risk games, going Titanic. There is a big elephant in the room and is shouting. "Brace!, brace!"

Nintendo has seen all this coming. They got hit early. They have reshaped themselves. They have a now a Swiss army knife as a platform.
The switch was born in the cold. Now it is in the market for a house.
Sony/EA/Ubisoft can't play the mortgage anymore and is being kicked from that house

I get what you're saying, and truthfully I hope Nintendo did intend for the Switch to be their swiss army knife
Completely and ridiculously OT: Has anyone else seen Swiss Army Man with Daniel Radcliffe? So damn funny
They've created themselves a perfect storm between withholding information, teasing us constantly, and this never ending build up of hype. I just hope in the end this doesn't spectacularly backfire on them.

Is it really a big deal having a system that people actively dislike? Seriously?

I kind of get it, if you ignore the rumors without the reveal event it's basically an android tablet with no games. It's hard to argue until then.
It doesn't seem like it has taken a negative turn for mainstream consumers but the ire can spread.
It's mostly just a very vocal bunch of a certain console's fanbase who've been invigorated by "bad"/aka incomplete Switch news.

Don't read into this too much, gaming side has been a bit shit for quite some time.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think I will partly go on one if neccessary. I don't see a problem with a bunch of lineup games being leaked, because most are rather obviously being made anyway. I can't pretend surprise about 3D Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Kart and Pokemon being in development.

I also don't care about exact launchdates. They change anyway.

Footage on the other hand is something I will mostly stay away from if that leaks.
i don't care about a spoiler or two but I do care about most of the conference being leaked (which we won't know of course until we actually see the presentation). I also like when leaks are wrong too the Chloe dlc for uncharted 4 comes to mind recently lol. Pleasant surprise.

Yeah... I'm not quite sure how some people manage that. I come here for conversation and not much else. I rely on LKD, Emily Rogers, and places like Go Nintendo on Twitter for the news I'm looking for. That and the NintendoGaf bot
Ah. I get all my news from gaf. I'm lazy and don't really use twitter.

random25

With all these "leaks" spreading out months before the January event, I don't see going blackout that useful now lol. Leaks don't bother me much anyway. Fake stuff also fly around as we get nearer to the event, so might as well just stick around and enjoy all these craziness.

Who cares? You're kind of overreaching when it's just a small minority on the internet who dislike Nintendo no matter what and constantly ask for them to go third party. The Switch has been overwhelmingly positive. Just because you're on a website or forum where most people dislike Nintendo doesn't mean everyone feels like that. The general consumers haven't fully made their mind, but the reveal trailer showed lots of positivity.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
With all these "leaks" spreading out months before the January event, I don't see going blackout that useful now lol. Leaks don't bother me much anyway. Fake stuff also fly around as we get nearer to the event, so might as well just stick around and enjoy all these craziness.
Maybe I'm just getting burnt out on my hype. I can't hype train as well as I could in my younger years
im not that old

That's a lot of Mario for one year, even by Nintendo's standards.
Yeah, though if there are no two in the same genre it should be fine.
Releasing Rabbids and Mario 64-2 or whatever at launch seems like a bit much, wonder where those two will end up in the release schedule
Is it really a big deal having a system that people actively dislike? Seriously?
It's not, just feels a lot more negative than awhile ago.

AzaK

It's expected though as this is Nintendo we are talking about. Basically anything from them is going to be far less than what a lot of people wanted. Nintendo will cut corners, do things cheaply, ignore whole market segments, throw beloved franchises to the sharks and whatever else fits their narrow view of gaming. These things don't typically sit well with gamers, but Nintendo are really about children and casual gamers where sophistication isn't important, so it's not high on their agenda.

random25

It's expected though as this is Nintendo we are talking about. Basically anything from them is going to be far less than what a lot of people wanted. Nintendo will cut corners, do things cheaply, ignore whole market segments, throw beloved franchises to the sharks and whatever else fits their narrow view of gaming. These things don't typically sit well with gamers, but Nintendo are really about children and casual gamers where sophistication isn't important, so it's not high on their agenda.

Not sure if sarcasm.

"Less what people wanted..." people dont know what they want until you out it in front of their noses. People are idiots and you could take your sentence and put any company name in it. Dont be such an idiot and think only Nintendo does those things because NeoGaf tells you that.

I'm gonna assume the GameStop preorders rumor on the 13th is true. That being said, I'm requesting 2 hours of time off that Friday to have time to be done at GameStop before work to preorder.

I remember when GameStop sent out the preorder emails for the Wii. I worked 5 pm until 1 or 2 am and ended up getting about 3 hours of sleep. I woke up with a pounding migraine and stood outside in freezing weather at 7 am waiting for the store to open. It was so worth it though.

The store phone was ringing off the hook while I was in line. Almost every call ended with them telling customers that they were out of preorders.

If I recall correctly, at the time the manager came out before the store opened with a signup sheet.

Playing Wii Sports and Zelda at launch was quite a magical moment in gaming.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm gonna assume the GameStop preorders rumor on the 13th is true. That being said, I'm requesting 2 hours of time off that Friday to have time to be done at GameStop before work to preorder.

I remember when GameStop sent out the preorder emails for the Wii. I worked 5 pm until 1 or 2 am and ended up getting about 3 hours of sleep. I woke up with a pounding migraine and stood outside in freezing weather at 7 am waiting for the store to open. It was so worth it though.

The store phone was ringing off the hook while I was in line. Almost every call ended with them telling customers that they were out of preorders.

If I recall correctly, at the time the manager came out before the store opened with a signup sheet.

Playing Wii Sports and Zelda at launch was quite a magical moment in gaming.
Preorder Rumor where?! From who?

Roo

In the meantime, NateDrake still refuses to explain that Metroid tweet of his ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom