• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a dream I was watching the live reveal event.

It started with the music from the reveal trailer playing over the speakers while Reggie appeared on stage wearing shades, a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of shorts.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Just look at what people expect of the Switch in general:

1. All the graphics
2. Super cheap price

That's not happening. That is physically impossible (it's a handheld) and from a business perspective. And also they want:

3: All the games

Which is also an unrealistic expectation. Yes, if Switch is a mega hit games will follow, no question. But at this point in time Switch is a giant question mark and it makes sense for 3rd parties to not invest too heavily in it. I'm sure many people get that so they expect:

4: All the Nintendo games

This event won't deliver that. Nintendo will focus on the 3-5 games they'll release on launch, maybe give some hints for the future (I fully expect we'll see a 3D Mario trailer, saying it's coming Holidays 2017) but other than that it will be a modest event with tons and tons of play time and I'm sure loads of positive reactions by the people who'll play it at the event.

In other words, people on the internet are going to be angry.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

When are people not angry tho

oti

Banned
No, wishful thinking.
A friend of mine loves that game. I hope it will come to Switch.

What I'm wondering though is how people got the idea Mario Sports Mix will come to Switch and why they'd want that in the first place. Seems like one of those games you just release to have it on store shelves for parents to buy for their kid's.

I'd rather Nintendo focused on making Tennis an RPG again. ;_;

Bluth54

So the 6 Wii U ports will be:
- Smash
- Splatoon
- Mario Kart
- Xenoblade
- Mario Maker
- Pokken

So no Hyrule Warriors port?

If the Wii U ports sell well and games are easy to port I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Wii U games eventually make it to the Switch. Some may be lower priced digital only downloads but I could easily see it happening as a fast, easy way to fill out their lineup.

I just want to see more of Super Mario and Mario Kart 8,5. And I want to know if there's a minigame-collection launch-title.

I expect stuff like details on the Zelda port and the differences between the two versions to be saved for it's own Direct.

As for todays question, my answer would be Riptide. Since that could get some sales from desperate Waverace fans. It's also already been ported to other consoles.

I am just hoping with the talk of so many ports of wii u games that Us Wii u owners will get discounts on previously bought wii u games I think this will encourage wii u owners to become early adopters and thus make a bigger user base initially.

I really think this could be done with the MY Nintendo rewards system and hope that is part of Nintendo's master plan.

I would assume over lifespan of Switch, that it gets Wii U ports every year. I expect star fox, pokken, #FE, paper Mario, twilight princes hd all to be ported also at some point. Probably 2018.

cacildo

180162.gif

cacildo

Switch has so much potential to create a local multiplayer renaissance. The launch lineup has to have a BIG 4p MP game.

Untitled(16).png

Mario Kart 8/9 will probably have mandatory splitscreen anyway just like the wiiu version

"What? You thought just because it made no sense it woudnt happen?"

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I am just hoping with the talk of so many ports of wii u games that Us Wii u owners will get discounts on previously bought wii u games I think this will encourage wii u owners to become early adopters and thus make a bigger user base initially.

I really think this could be done with the MY Nintendo rewards system and hope that is part of Nintendo's master plan.

This would be awesome and they might do something like this for those owning digital versions. No chance with physical though, since we could just trade them in after getting the discount.

oti

Banned
I kinda want Splatoon to go full Overwatch.

Characters with set loadouts.
Loot boxes (cosmetics only).

But it also sounds wrong for Splatoon. People want different sets of loadouts and character customization. Not everything has got to be Overewatch. But yesterday I played until 1AM to get a last Winter Lootbox and loved it.

Morfeo

Wouldnt it also make sense to port the Fire Emblem-game from 3DS considering its basically three games in one and could all be fitted on one Switch cart?

Wouldnt it also make sense to port the Fire Emblem-game from 3DS considering its basically three games in one and could all be fitted on one Switch cart?

One of the reasons for porting Wii u games is that they missed a large potential audience being on Wii u, thus giving them a second life and also to extend brand awareness as they develop new entries. Fire emblem sold what it was going to sell on popular hardware and it far more recent than many of the wii u games. Also, fire emblem is far more niche (I don't mean not popular but simply not on the level of) than mario kart/smash/splatoon which still carved success on a largely stillborn platform

That and IS is likely deep into development of the next one.

Waji

I would assume over lifespan of Switch, that it gets Wii U ports every year. I expect star fox, pokken, #FE, paper Mario, twilight princes hd all to be ported also at some point. Probably 2018.
Twilight Princess port, of a port... ?
If there's something they shouldn't do, it's that.

Morfeo

I also think that if 3ds is going to have any hd remakes fire emblem will probably be the first choice.

Why haven't I thought of this?

Call it Fire Emblem Fates: Complete.

Yeah, I can see this happening.

I actually passed on this game precisely because I thought/hoped it would be ported in a "complete edition" to what was rumoured as the hybrid at the time. So really hope my gamble pays off since the complete (physical) edition has taken off in price.

So the 6 Wii U ports will be:
- Smash
- Splatoon
- Mario Kart
- Xenoblade
- Mario Maker
- Pokken

So no Hyrule Warriors port?

What makes you say that Splatoon is a port and not a sequel? The 6 seconds of footage we saw scream sequel to me. New assets, new gear, new stage, new animations, etc..

I mean why would they have a new launch pad and spawn animation for a port. Makes no sense to me. You'd have to rework the gamepad launch thing too. Yes it will be the same engine but many other sequels use the same engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom