• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wii wasnt hard here in Bergen, but yeah, the Nes Mini was terribly undershipped here and everywhere else.

This isn't a statement about you personally, but I wish we could all stop acting like the NES Mini was a console launch. It was most definitely hell to find one (and still is), but that's because Nintendo is cautious AND treated it like a novelty item. If they had treated it like a console, I feel like they would have allowed pre-orders.

I didn't try to get a Wii on launch day, but does anyone know how that was with pre-ordering? My thought was that it was just hard to find if you expected to walk into a store and find one. In the US, the PS4 was sold out for weeks after launch but I had no problem pre-ordering one a week or two beforehand.

Shiggy

This isn't a statement about you personally, but I wish we could all stop acting like the NES Mini was a console launch. It was most definitely hell to find one (and still is), but that's because Nintendo is cautious AND treated it like a novelty item. If they had treated it like a console, I feel like they would have allowed pre-orders.

I didn't try to get a Wii on launch day, but does anyone know how that was with pre-ordering? My thought was that it was just hard to find if you expected to walk into a store and find one. In the US, the PS4 was sold out for weeks after launch but I had no problem pre-ordering one a week or two beforehand.

They did, and they sold out before launch. There weren't even units available in December anymore.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just got the day off for January 13th.

I'll be able to watch the whole Switch Event, no stress.

Indeed. The stress will come after the event, when Switchmas will become Switchmare.

Actually, I'd like to see the Presentation thread's subtitle to include both Switchmas and Switchmare, somehow :lol

Shiggy

Really? I don't remember seeing any (besides I think Target randomly throwing them up). I'll gladly stand corrected if they offered that in the U.S.

Well, the user you quoted mentions Norway. Europe had preorders. Amazon.de sold out in July already.

Indeed. The stress will come after the event, when Switchmas will become Switchmare.

Actually, I'd like to see the Presentation thread's subtitle to include both Switchmas and Switchmare, somehow :lol

Nintendo Switch Presentation Thread: The Nightmare Before Switchmas

LordKano

The positive aspect of living in a country where no one care about Nintendo is that I never have to preorder things to find them in stores.

RootCause

I dont get this. Personally I havent bought any of these remakes since I owned them all before, and didnt get Hyrule Warriors because Musou, so for me this is that big Star Wars moment of first Zelda since Skyward Sword - and that makes me incredibly hyped!
I don't get it either, and I was hyped for all the remakes. And I'm still excited for BOTW.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

Since you quoted me, just gotta say that I totally agree on this.

Munter

DATE:
Saturday 14th January 2017

Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith, 45 Queen Caroline Street, London, England W6 9QH

TIME:
Your hands on session will take place from 09.00 - 13.00.
Check in begins at 08.30 for your session.

ATTENDEES:

You will be required to show Photo ID when you check in at the event. Your plus one will also be required to check in at the same time as you.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 14th January 2017.

Don't forget to also tune in on Friday, 13 January at 4am to find out more about Nintendo Switch in the NINTENDO SWITCH PRESENTATION 2017, live from Tokyo.

Thanks, looks like we're on the same slot :)

I had the weirdest dream that Nintendo accidentally uploaded all of the trailers for the January 12th event publicly to YouTube.

I remember once Nintendo France accidentally upload full Nintendo Direct footage a few minutes before the stream, but Nintendo didn't say that the Switch presentation is prerecorded, right?

Lkd said not to expect any platinum announcement next week sadly...

Well Laura been wishy washy lately I say just wait and see and dont put too much stock into what she is saying there.

I mean looking at platinum's situation now (granblue, Scalebound) Probably not... but what is hashimoto directing right now..? He seemed pretty cool with Nintendo with Wii U so I bet he getting a second wind.

Vidiot

Sorry if this is common knowledge but has it been said if docks will be sold separately? I'd love to be able to easily transport my Switch between tvs in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom