• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
StarFox with re-worked controls and a bit of extra development time could be interesting.

1000% agree and add in 3 v 3 online multiplayer. This game would do very very well.

Portable Tropical Freeze and Bayonetta is all I ask.

I think DKC will be on Switch. I think it is a no brainer. But I wonder if they bundle both DKC:Returns hd, plus DKC:TF.

Monster games could do the hd port of DKC:Returns. Since they worked on tropical freeze. They should be able to handle porting over to hd easily.

Zoon

Maybe WW+TP HD for 2018 and OOT+MM HD for 2019? 2020 for new Zelda.
There's also SS but unless they make it playable without motion controls, I don't see it happening.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Monster games could do the hd port of DKC:Returns. Since they worked on tropical freeze. They should be able to handle porting over to hd easily.

Monster Games should port their two Excite-games from the Wii instead, Nintendo needs more racers on their system!

Oddish1

There's also SS but unless they make it playable without motion controls, I don't see it happening.

I thought the Switch was rumored to have motion controls?

EDIT: guess I confused it with the IR pointer. never mind.

Neoxon

I had the weirdest dream that Nintendo accidentally uploaded all of the trailers for the January 12th event publicly to YouTube.

Honestly if you ported the other Zeldas you wouldn't even need to make a new Zelda this Gen.

Based on what you all theorized:
2017: zelda BoTW
Early 2018: Twilight princess hd + Wind Waker HD bundle
Late 2018: Hyrule Warriors 2
2019: MM 3DS HD remake + ocarina of time 3ds hd remake bundle.
2020: zelda 2 remade as a Souls game.
2020: Top down Zelda remake

Honestly if you ported the other Zeldas you wouldn't even need to make a new Zelda this Gen.

I need my zeldas, ports are only stop gaps

Morfeo

Zelda Souls would be cool, but why not make it a new game then?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

IIRC, LKD mentioned SS HD already.

STGHMAAV

Banned
I hope there's only a Skyward Sword HD as a Zelda port/remaster/remake on the Switch and nothing more, now Zelda have, as I called it, the Star Wars effect, releasing a new Zelda used to be a great event, hyped by all, I'm not saying that BotW isn't hyped, but having almost a Zelda port/remaster/remake each year since Ocarina of Time 3D, my hype has gone down for the franchise.

I hope there's only a Skyward Sword HD as a Zelda port/remaster/remake on the Switch and nothing more, now Zelda have, as I called it, the Star Wars effect, releasing a new Zelda used to be a great event, hyped by all, I'm not saying that BotW isn't hyped, but having almost a Zelda port/remaster/remake each year since Ocarina of Time 3D, my hype has gone down for the franchise.

You know you wouldn't be required to buy them all, right?

I'm down for getting as much of the back catalog onto the platform as possible.

Morfeo

I dont get this. Personally I havent bought any of these remakes since I owned them all before, and didnt get Hyrule Warriors because Musou, so for me this is that big Star Wars moment of first Zelda since Skyward Sword - and that makes me incredibly hyped!

TEJ

If bayonetta 3 is announced for the switch at the thing next week i'm preordering asap.

Hell, Vanquish 2 would make me preorder as well. DKCR3 would be beautiful as well.

MouldyK

Has anyone in the UK got their invites for the London Hands-On?

I want confirmation that I missed out so I can cry in peace.

Peru

Tons of stores here in Norway taking pre-orders so I just gambled on one of them. Will check in with them a little later to see if they expect enough units to send me one at launch. I know I can cancel but I don't want to pre-order on all of them either.

Morfeo

Tons of stores here in Norway taking pre-orders so I just gambled on one of them. Will check in with them a little later to see if they expect enough units to send me one at launch. I know I can cancel but I don't want to pre-order on all of them either.

Really? I wasnt aware of this at all. Which store did you get the preorder from?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I believe some people were talking about it yesterday, so it sounds like they have been sent out.

Yeah they have been sent out although a lot of us haven't had a confirmation email after registering our details and day/time slot which is a little annoying.

My friend still hasn't received confirmation about our slot on the Saturday morning.

I haven't received any email confirmation either. All the details were listed on a page after you entered your details. If you need the deets, they are as follows:

Venue: Eventim Apollo
Registration time: 30 mins before your session was set to begin (e.g 12.30 for the 1pm session)
Bring Photo ID

Peru

At the Wii U-launch, I just walked into Expert and picked up a console, so I doubt there will be shortages here considering how Sony dominated everything in Norway. But thanks!

True. But the NES Mini was hell to get (and also the Wii)

I haven't received any email confirmation either. All the details were listed on a page after you entered your details. If you need the deets, they are as follows:

Venue: Eventim Apollo
Registration time: 30 mins before your session was set to begin (e.g 12.30 for the 1pm session)
Bring Photo ID

Thats good to hear I noted down all the details but was still expecting an email confirmation especially for those that need to book trains etc.

doop_

Banned
DATE:
Saturday 14th January 2017

Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith, 45 Queen Caroline Street, London, England W6 9QH

TIME:
Your hands on session will take place from 09.00 - 13.00.
Check in begins at 08.30 for your session.

ATTENDEES:

You will be required to show Photo ID when you check in at the event. Your plus one will also be required to check in at the same time as you.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday 14th January 2017.

Don't forget to also tune in on Friday, 13 January at 4am to find out more about Nintendo Switch in the NINTENDO SWITCH PRESENTATION 2017, live from Tokyo.

I have Metroid hunger! I need a new Metroid!

Hope we get some news next week. At least a hint for E3.
I don't understand why people still want a new Metroid. Most people gave FF no chance (I'm not saying it's good because I didn't give it a chance either), MOM was a complete disaster, and I have even seen people on GAF hate on Prime 2 and 3. Complete indifference or KingBroly's endless fountain of pessimism are more rational responses than excitement.

Also, unless plans have changed due to FF bombing, it is going to be centered around Sylux which I know most people here don't want.
This is common sense not insider knowledge.

Thats good to hear I noted down all the details but was still expecting an email confirmation especially for those that need to book trains etc.

I sent them an email asking them to reconfirm and verify everything, but my guess is that they will have been out of the office over christmas (And Nintendo UK is normally a bit slow to respond anyway).

I'd imagine all will be well though :)

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom