• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
So, the Switch event is at 11 pm EST on the 12th? Gah.
Yeah.. I won't complain about timing, but I will note:
after what has seemed like an unending wait, many will be too excited to get to sleep at a decent time after the Thursday night event concludes. And that could make getting up to be in line the following morning a bit of a challenge.

Yeah.. I won't complain about timing, but I will note:
after what has seemed like an unending wait, many will be too excited to get to sleep at a decent time after the Thursday night event concludes. And that could make getting up to be in line the following morning a bit of a challenge.

Oh yeah, for sure, and I'm fully prepared to write any Sonic-related stuff on Sonic Stadium from the event so I'm going to be busy even past the event's conclusion. :p

They were also going to sell Wii U Gamepads separately too, and we all know that never happened.

A fair point, but that was a bit of a different situation. Selling extra Gamepads somewhat implies that more than one can be used at a time. Selling extra docks just implies that the "console" isn't somehow registered to a dock and can be moved around freely. Nowhere near as complicated in terms of production and messaging.

Early details on the events suggest that this is entirely the case. I think it was LKD who said that the hands-on involved grabbing a Switch and moving it around to different scenarios.

So yeah... Rumors are rumors, but I'd say this one is a fairly safe bet.

Charamiwa

Banned
I think they'll barely talk about Zelda during the presentation. With everything that we've seen, plus the Game Informer story supposedly coming out tomorrow, it feels like they want to get the game out of the way to focus on other things on the 13th.

Zedark

I think they'll barely talk about Zelda during the presentation. With everything that we've seen, plus the Game Informer story supposedly coming out tomorrow, it feels like they want to get the game out of the way to focus on other things on the 13th.

Hmm, that is possible, though it wouldn't be so hard to slip in a concise trailer in that presentation, I'd think. Of course, we don't know anything about the presentation's duration or focus, so maybe they are doing a 45 minute show, in which case I hope they release a Zelda trailer at a later moment and focus on new stuff in the trailer. Hard to say beforehand.

They probably wont.. I bet money there will be a press kit that drops though with a bunch of high quality assets, screenshots, videos

MomoQca

I highly doubt that'll happen. It may not be the main focus of the presentation, but it doesn't mean there won't be any substantial content.

Penguin

Did this on Twitter, but figured since a down time with rumors, if you had to pick one Nintendo published/developed title from each console gen to be revived, which would it be for the NES/SNES/N64/GCN/Wii/WiiU?

(I prefer to think of it as a franchise started during their respective gens, but some folks said like Metroid Prime, which I guess counts)

I need new Switch news. Someone make something up.

Nintendo bought Sonic and EPD Tokyo is developing a 3D Sonic game alongside Yuji Naka, Naoto Ohshima, and Hirokazu Yasuhara.

Playtonic is developing Donkey Kong 64 2, while also working with Lee Musgrave at Crash lab to finally finish Donkey Kong Racing.

Nintendo also bought Banjo-Kazooie, which is next for Playtonic.

Nintendo bought Bomberman and NDCube and Valhalla are working on a Bomberman 64 game on Switch (with the same composer from BM64 back on board).

My cousin's pigeon who works at Nintendo told me.

Zelda won Gaf's most anticipated alongside the Game Awards'.
Pretty big deal for Switch especially if it's early on in it's life.
Get the best version of the most anticipated game of the year on Nintendo's newest system and play it on the go or on the TV.

oti

Banned
I highly doubt that'll happen. It may not be the main focus of the presentation, but it doesn't mean there won't be any substantial content.

My favourite structure for this would be:

- Presentation with info info info and not too much gameplay
- Treehouse streams/prerecorded videos with different topics on a schedule

- OS stream
- Zelda stream
- Splatoon stream

and so on.

Make it SWITCH DAY

shingi70

Banned
Did this on Twitter, but figured since a down time with rumors, if you had to pick one Nintendo published/developed title from each console gen to be revived, which would it be for the NES/SNES/N64/GCN/Wii/WiiU?

(I prefer to think of it as a franchise started during their respective gens, but some folks said like Metroid Prime, which I guess counts)

Nes - Star Tropics
SNES - not sure
N64 - 1080 snowboarding
GameCube - Custom Robo
Wii - Disator Day of crisis
Wii U - Tokyo Mirage sessions #fe

Shiggy

Nintendo bought Sonic and EPD Tokyo is developing a 3D Sonic game alongside Yuji Naka, Naoto Ohshima, and Hirokazu Yasuhara.

That sounds like it would be EPD Tokyo's first 'shit' game. No need to damage their reputation, they better work on a high quality title and not on Sonic shovelware.

There's rumours that the 1st 100 consoles sold will come with a glossy photo shoot of Reggie in differing poses and lingerie

If we don't get this exact photo but with Reggie, I'm not buying a Switch.

529634_v1.jpg

thefro

NES - StarTropics
SNES - MLB baseball title (Ken Griffey Jr Baseball)
N64 - Wave Race (although I'd prefer a spiritual successor to Goldeneye/Perfect Dark)
Gamecube - Eternal Darkness
Wii - The Last Story
Wii U - The Wonderful 101

NES - Excitebike
SNES - F-Zero
N64 - Wave Race
GCN - Pikmin
Wii - Excite Truck or Kirby's Epic Yarn
Wii U - Yoshi's Wooly World

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I need new Switch news. Someone make something up.

Leaked list of games that are going to be shown:

F-Zero Switch
Metroid Prime 4
Mother 4 / (Mother Trilogy on VC)
Super Mario Universe (galaxy 3)
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Switch
Chibi Robot Switch
Advance Wars Switch
Elite Beat Agents Switch
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Mole Mania Switch
Wave Race 4
1080 3
Shenmue 3 now exclusive
Gunstar Heroes 3
Panzer Dragoon Collection
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake/localization
Squaresoft Hidden Gems Collection Localized- Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon etc
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: The Dark Souls Edition
Metroid Dread
Contra Switch in 2D
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Betrayalton

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

NES: Metroid
SNES: F-Zero
N64: Sin&Punishement
GCN: Eternal Darkness
Wii: The Last Story
WiiU: Wonderbomba/Bayonetta

oti

Banned

F-Zero Switch
Metroid Prime 4
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Switch
Chibi Robot Switch
Advance Wars Switch
Elite Beat Agents Switch
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Mole Mania Switch
Wave Race 4
1080 3
Shenmue 3 now exclusive
Gunstar Heroes 3
Mega Man Legends 3
Metroid Dread
Contra Switch in 2D
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M

That's OK I guess. Not amazing.
We need to dream bigger.

Top Spin 5.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't believe that we are hitting 157 different participators in Smash Prediction contest. Actually under than 24 hours too. It took a month and few weeks to reach to 121 participators in first contest thread.

NES: Mysterious Murasame Castle
SNES: F-Zero
N64: Pokemon Snap
GCN: Chibi-Robo (return the franchise to it's original genre)
Wii: Disaster: Day of Crisis
Wii U: Wonderful 101

GBA: Golden Sun

Tom Nook

F-Zero Switch
Metroid Prime 4
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Switch
Chibi Robot Switch
Advance Wars Switch
Elite Beat Agents Switch
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Mole Mania Switch
Wave Race 4
1080 3
Shenmue 3 now exclusive
Gunstar Heroes 3
Mega Man Legends 3
Metroid Dread
Contra Switch in 2D
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M

That's not enough....

Two thumbs down for the presentation. :p

Moltenix

F-Zero Switch
Metroid Prime 4
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Switch
Chibi Robot Switch
Advance Wars Switch
Elite Beat Agents Switch
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Mole Mania Switch
Wave Race 4
1080 3
Shenmue 3 now exclusive
Gunstar Heroes 3
Mega Man Legends 3
Metroid Dread
Contra Switch in 2D
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M

These better all be launching on day 1 or Nintendo is dooooomed!

JoeNut

i asked this earlier in the thread and nobody answered so i'll ask again.

Do we know if the switch will have a browser for web viewing etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom