• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this on Twitter, but figured since a down time with rumors, if you had to pick one Nintendo published/developed title from each console gen to be revived, which would it be for the NES/SNES/N64/GCN/Wii/WiiU?

(I prefer to think of it as a franchise started during their respective gens, but some folks said like Metroid Prime, which I guess counts)

Damn.. This is going to be really tough but I'll try it out:

NES - Excitebike
SNES - Super Metroid (I just want a 2D Metroid goddamnit)
N64 - Hey You! Pikachu! (Let me shout at a Pokemon goddamnit)
GCN - Mario Sunshine (Gets a ton of hate but I still love it)
Wii - Kirby's Epic Yarn (We need more games like this. No way to die but still offers challenges for experienced gamers)
Wii-U - Mario 3D World (Basically, don't let that series die. I'd love to have multiple styles of 3D Mario games that they cycle between)

i asked this earlier in the thread and nobody answered so i'll ask again.

Do we know if the switch will have a browser for web viewing etc?

tumblr_n90bdfWXaK1rv9kqao8_250.gif

(we don't know yet but judging by the Wii U and 3DS probably)

So... I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate something. Switch is set to be a hybrid console that has:

- USB C charging
- Micro SD card support
- Bluetooth headphone/chat support

Holy shit, what universe am I living in? Are we really getting a console/handheld that uses standardized tech where it really counts?

Also: So much for the people thinking we would get a BoTW GI cover story -
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/04/february-cover-revealed-top-50-games-of-2016.aspx?utm_content=buffer80146&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So... I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate something. Switch is set to be a hybrid console that has:

- USB C charging
- Micro SD card support

Holy shit, what universe am I living in? Are we really getting a console/handheld that uses standardized tech where it really counts?

Right????

Im super pumped. Now we just need OS feature confirmations. Clearly they are doing Sharing/Streaming

Im hoping Party Chat is built in

oti

Banned

- USB C charging
- Micro SD card support

Also: So much for the people thinking we would get a BoTW GI cover story -
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/04/february-cover-revealed-top-50-games-of-2016.aspx?utm_content=buffer80146&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yeah, I'm so glad Nintendo didn't go their old proprietary route for this. I'd hope this is a sign of younger people having more power over decisions.

I'm sure the Switch will feel great in one's hands.

Yeah, I'm so glad Nintendo didn't go their old proprietary route for this. I'd hope this is a sign of younger people having more power over decisions.

I would love to hold one but im not about to drive out to Chicago and freeze my ass off in a long line to do it

lol

I would love to hold one but im not about to drive out to Chicago and freeze my ass off in a long line to do it

lol

I was a frequent lurker and I'm a relatively new user - is there any way to organize meetups or anything? A SwitchGAF Chicago meetup would be cool. If this topic isn't allowed let me know and I'll edit!

If we're gonna freeze why not freeze together :)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

To be fair, havent Nintendo been kinda decent with this stuff for a while? SD Cards, non-proprietary harddiscs, usb-rechargable controllers and so on.

AdanVC

Zelda winning most anticipated game from GAF and from the Game Awards... damn. Things are shaping up great for Nintendo lately.

Dear My Nintendo member,
To thank you for being a loyal fan, we'd like to offer you a chance to try the Nintendo Switch system before it's released.

Look for an email from Eventbrite for the full details and be sure to register right away to save your spot (tickets are very limited and available on a first come, first served basis).

Thanks again—and have fun!

YES!

Toronto btw

oti

Banned
To be fair, havent Nintendo been kinda decent with this stuff for a while? SD Cards, non-proprietary harddiscs, usb-rechargable controllers and so on.

Yeah, but all of that was overshadowed by the power adapter. For me at least.

Goddamnit Nate! Why must you lie to us!

I'm kidding of course. You merely said we would get Zelda info in the new GI and we did.

Considering the games they are mentioning (all from the PS experience), i bet it's probably a roundup of info from the game awards show and PS experience. It's not the cover story because it's most likely nothing new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom